Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Do ex-muslims eat pork eventually?

(Read 19233 times)
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Do ex-muslims eat pork eventually?
     OP - April 13, 2012, 11:02 AM

Hi, I cam across google and I'm an Atheist. I'm just curious about do you guys ( ex-muslim ) eat pork eventually? Thanks.
  • Re: Do ex-muslims eat pork eventually?
     Reply #1 - April 13, 2012, 11:09 AM

Well, we pork, eventually, if that helps.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #2 - April 13, 2012, 11:13 AM

I eat so much pork I think I might be made of the stuff now.

But I ate pork before I became an ex muslim so maybe I'm not the best ex muslim to ask.   Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #3 - April 13, 2012, 11:23 AM

For what I know, Muslim got persuaded by the Quran that pork is banned. And Muslim started to think that Pigs are shit, dirty, whatever. But don't you guys feel disgusted?
     Reply #4 - April 13, 2012, 11:30 AM

The curiosity probably eats at the average ex-Muslim. Although, I have to say, eating pork was a huge letdown for me. All that hype for 20 years for a halfhearted shrug at a piece of bacon already ingested. Save for the occasional prosciutto slice, pepperoni and barbecued pork in small amounts, pork is kind of a letdown for me, especially since I get a gross feeling after eating too much of it.

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #5 - April 13, 2012, 11:40 AM

@The Wyre
    Nice answer ya got there, so that's your personally feeling? Not affected by Muslim's rules until you get disgusted of Pig right?
     Reply #6 - April 13, 2012, 11:44 AM

"I can has bacon ? "
    no, I don't pork, maybe I will, god willing.
     Reply #7 - April 13, 2012, 11:57 AM

I think you''ll find that the pork taboo is very strong among ex muslims.  I'm always shocked at ex muslims who have no intention to ever try pork even though they know it is only an aversion that has come from religious education lol.

I get a gross feeling after eating too much of it.

I get that way if I eat too many snails or sheep's brains, simply because I am aware of what I am eating.  I still love em though, so as long as I don't overkill in one meal I can conquer my aversion for long enough to enjoy it.  Grin

Reply #8 - April 13, 2012, 12:10 PM

Chickens eat their poo all the time, no one calls them disgusting. I'd love to try pork, but they don't sell it here.
     Reply #9 - April 13, 2012, 12:16 PM

In unguarded moments, I've been known to gaze longingly at a pork sword.

Hope this helps.
     Reply #10 - April 13, 2012, 12:18 PM

I do.eat it from time to time (mainly the occasional sausage or bacon or pepparoni or gelatine) but not as a preference, just from time to time. I used to try and force the issue when I was the 'infidel and proud' type but now I don't care too strongly either way. Pork is one of those taboos that stays with a lot of people. I was just talking to my brother about this (he's an exie too) and he said sometimes pork makes him sick, like a bacon sandwich or a sausage, but he's fine with pepparoni or pork roast. Odd phenomena, I don't think non kosher Jews have this issue, .must be something our parents did to us.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #11 - April 13, 2012, 12:23 PM

Reminds me of my favorite quote

Homer: Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute. Lisa, honey, are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
     Lisa: No
     Homer: Ham?
    Lisa: No.
     Homer: Pork chops?
    Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!
    Homer: [Chuckles] Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #12 - April 13, 2012, 12:29 PM

Well I tend to gravitate toward the spare ribs section of all-you-can eat buffets and I do love to start my Sunday mornings with a good old builders' breakfast. Of course I haven't had any in the 9 months I've been here and if I said I don't have a rip-roaring desire to devour me a bacon sammich with tons of ketchup, I'd be lying.

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #13 - April 13, 2012, 12:37 PM

Chickens eat their poo all the time, no one calls them disgusting. I'd love to try pork, but they don't sell it here.

This

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #14 - April 13, 2012, 12:59 PM

You know why Muslims are not allowed to eat pig? The story is that Mohammed and his mates went out hunting and chanced upon pig. Mo wrestled with the pig, but the beast was just too slippery, it made good his escape. In a fit of pique, Mo said 'That's it, no fucker is having pig.

Weird though how many nominal Muslims will screw, smoke, snort, gamble, but bacon flavour crisp are a no-no.

I don't eat pig.

The thing about it being dirty, perhaps it less to do with ratings its poop, more to do with it being a dirty randy bigger.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #15 - April 13, 2012, 12:59 PM

a bacon sammich with tons of ketchup, .

I do wonder if a bacon buttie, with tomato sauce, beer consumed at a rock festival or horse race should be part of a citizenship test....

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #16 - April 13, 2012, 01:01 PM

The opening ceremonies of the ancient Olympics included sacrificing wild boar to Zeus.  Everyone had a good time as all Zeus got was smoke, gristle and bones...

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #17 - April 13, 2012, 01:30 PM

You know why Muslims are not allowed to eat pig? The story is that Mohammed and his mates went out hunting and chanced upon pig. Mo wrestled with the pig, but the beast was just too slippery, it made good his escape. In a fit of pique, Mo said 'That's it, no fucker is having pig.

If that had really happened he'd tell everyone to eat all pigs possible to get rid of them. Think about, eating the same thing that got away from you? Perfect revenge. Tongue
     Reply #18 - April 13, 2012, 10:56 PM

On a related note, has any exxie who finds pork disgusting managed to debrainwash himself/herself?

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #19 - April 13, 2012, 11:12 PM

pork is overrated. besides bacon, it's the worst kind of meat.
     Reply #20 - April 13, 2012, 11:13 PM

Apart from gelatine, which even as a muslim I never avoided (something about a "law of change"...or something), I've never had pork. I became a vegetarian shortly before I left Islam though.

To be fair, I personally have always thought pork (in particular ham and bacon) smelled revolting.

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #21 - April 13, 2012, 11:23 PM

On a related note, has any exxie who finds pork disgusting managed to debrainwash himself/herself?

I used to hate the smell of bacon, I love it now. Ham was a let down for me though, I always used to get watery mouthed before but once I tried it... well it was meh.

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #22 - April 14, 2012, 02:32 AM

Pork, sounds disgusting - whether that's childhood indoctrination or the actual look of it is another matter. Besides it's not really healthy for you anyway. I have eaten 'haram' chicken though, another benefit of giving up Islam is you don't have to limit yourself to the vegetarian option when you eat out.
     Reply #23 - April 14, 2012, 02:35 AM

Most things aren't healthy for you if you over-do it.

I remember once my son came back from his dad's and told me his dad had told him that eating pork makes you fat.  Grin  I said to my son "Look at me, am I fat...no right?....and I eat loads of pork......................but look at your grandmum, is she fat?  what's that you say, she's massive?  well don't forget, she has never eaten pork in her life"......"so who's smarter ey, me or your dad?"   Tongue

Reply #24 - April 14, 2012, 02:39 AM

I only had pork once accidentally in a restaurant, and it was called "City Chicken". Anyways I turned vegetarian later.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #25 - April 14, 2012, 02:44 AM

Cheesy

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #26 - April 14, 2012, 02:48 AM

I think even small amounts of bacon or salami can increase your chance of getting cancer and/or heart diseases,.I like to stay away from red meat generally - fish and poultry is a more nutritious and healthier option, tastier too.
     Reply #27 - April 14, 2012, 02:50 AM

I can't stand most meat, and I can't eat fish (or chicken, most of the time.)

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #28 - April 14, 2012, 02:51 AM

I think even small amounts of bacon or salami can increase your chance of getting cancer and/or heart diseases,.I like to stay away from red meat generally - fish and poultry is a more nutritious and healthier option, tastier too.

Holding a mobile next to your head can increase your chance of getting cancer.

07:54 <harakaat>: you must be jema
    07:54 <harakaat>: considering how annoying you are
     Reply #29 - April 14, 2012, 02:52 AM

Lol

Common now

More than a moderate consumption of all red meat in general increases your chance of cancer and other diseases, pork is not special in that regard.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »