Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Anything goes between Consenting Adults?

(Read 29934 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Anything goes between Consenting Adults?
     Reply #180 - April 17, 2012, 12:31 PM

No. I thought that the stigma was against the perpetrator and not the victim? I don't personally know anyone who has stigma against victims of paedophilia.

The act itself, because it's so stigmatized and "dirty", makes you feel extremely uncomfortable about telling others about it, so you just try not to think about it.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #181 - April 17, 2012, 12:35 PM

The act itself, because it's so stigmatized and "dirty", makes you feel extremely uncomfortable about telling others about it, so you just try not to think about it.

that may work ok, if the person is a victim but how about the problem of a person who knowingly unknowingly perpetuates such acts harakaat??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #182 - April 17, 2012, 12:53 PM

Yeezevee, I have to tell you something. Most of the time, I have no idea what you're saying.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #183 - April 17, 2012, 04:20 PM

Haha, I just saw this Tongue

Anyway, if by "pro-incest" you mean supportive of incestuous couples' rights, then hell yeah I'm pro-incest! I believe there are healthy incestuous relationships and I don't think the whole thing should be stigmatized.

harakaat-- promoting fuckin freaks since 2012

Anyhow, I know what this thread needs more of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z03Ky7FK5_w

fuck you
     Reply #184 - April 18, 2012, 11:35 PM

I remember now why I had you on ignore.

How is that going for you?

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #185 - April 19, 2012, 12:24 AM

Lol asbdsp

If one taps in 'I want to marry my dog' there is a fair amount of response. Could one make a case for animal sex lol, ok they can't give you informed consent but lol humans are allowed to make them work, eat them, keep them as pets, love them and they have no informed consent for these acts, if an animal shows no distress whilst doing/being done, hell he/she positively enjoys it, what's the harm? No problems with unwanted or otherwise children, no in-laws, no nagging, don't have to take them out, is it just the 'yuk' factor.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #186 - April 19, 2012, 12:40 AM

What about consenting to being killed and eaten by your lover? So romantic.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/dec/04/germany.lukeharding

Have you heard the good news? There is no God!
     Reply #187 - April 19, 2012, 12:49 AM

I don't think anyone in this thread actually affirmed that yes "Anything Goes between consenting Adults." Everyone was doing a good job discussing the topic at hand, until the anti-gay baiters came in with this fallacious slippery slope argument.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #188 - April 19, 2012, 01:01 AM

I see it as the logical conclusion that gay marriage and 'what 2 people do in the privacy of their bedrooms' could one day lead to incest marriage/multiple wives. (If not animals lol) All adults all consensual, the same reasoning behind gay marriage. Just got to lose the yuk factor.

Reply #189 - April 19, 2012, 01:06 AM

That's a really superficial reading of the arguments for gay marriage.  There are legal probitions to discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, religion or sexuality.  That's what the argument for gay marriage is based on - there are no prohibitions against discrimination on the grounds of number, species or family relationship.

You guys that pretend otherwise are making the same arguments that were made back in the day against inter racial marriage.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #190 - April 19, 2012, 01:12 AM

^^Hmm, food for thought, though think the inter-racial marriage is a different kettle of fish.

Reply #191 - April 19, 2012, 01:15 AM

No, it isn't.  Its against the law to discriminate on the grounds of race, its against the law to discriminate on the grounds of gender or sexuality.  Ergo, if people have the right to marry a person of any race, they have the right to marry a person of either gender or sexuality. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #192 - April 19, 2012, 01:20 AM

In the  traditional marriage being one man/one woman sense - colour does not fall foul.

Reply #193 - April 19, 2012, 01:27 AM

Yes, but the argument for gay marriage is based on giving people equal rights under the law.  There is no law giving equality to animals, or prohibiting discrimination on the grounds of numbers of people, or family relationship,so your attempt to create a slippery slope argument is a fail.  I don't think you've thought this one through properly.  You just seem to think that because bestiality, incest and polygamy all involve sex, and all fall outside the traditional concept of marriage that they are all fair game if gay marriage is legalised.  They aren't.  The arguments being made for gay marriage would not stretch to allowing incest, polygamy or bestiality.

Reply #194 - April 19, 2012, 01:35 AM

I take what you say on board, always willing to modify my thoughts, but lol incest and polygamy would involve giving people equal rights under the law. Why is that one is legally allowed to have a family and a mistress with her possible family, shouldn't they as people, as adults, as consensual adults be allowed equal protection under the law? there must be families living under this scenario. Why not give incest marriages the go-ahead, if people on this thread can voice support for incest and then I see no logical reason against giving them equal rights as other couples if they choose to marry. perhaps it is wrong to equate gay marriage with incest and polygamy but the same mechanics are at play. Consensual adults.

Reply #195 - April 19, 2012, 01:41 AM

Gay marriage isn't being allowed merely because its consenting adults, but because there are existing laws prohibiting discrimination on the grounds of gender.  There is no such protection given on the grounds of number or family relationships, therefore society is not obliged to support polygamy or incest through the use of tax breaks which are given to married couples. 

Reply #196 - April 19, 2012, 09:48 AM

YOU DONT BUM FAMILY! NO!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #197 - April 19, 2012, 09:52 AM

Tongue

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #198 - April 19, 2012, 10:07 AM

Parents or older siblings can still unconsciously or consciously groom a child to become a sexual partner for them when they become 'legal' - and I'm seriously concerned that legalizing incest is almost an open invitation.

The position of authority that parents are naturally in, and the unique relationship of co-habiting siblings, IMO makes the relationships wide open to systematic manipulation.

I don't think it would take much for an intelligent amoral parent or older sibling to manipulate the deep bond that a younger sibling has with them years before they are 'legal' to facilitate a future sexual relationship. In order to prevent that I think it's best to keep it a social taboo, and illegal.

I would have to agree with this statement. Sums up alot of what I think on it.

The other problem that I have with it is that it would lead to girls who are sexually assaulted by fathers/older brothers/uncles/grandfathers when they are children and teens to have continuing relationships with the perpetrator of the abuse as adults and have society turn more of a blind eye to it than it already does if it is legalized. The sexual abuse of minors can continue as the person grows up, which would create problems with getting it prosecuted if that child grows up to marry their abuser/get the relationship legally recognized.

I hadn't wanted to post on this thread as it's a sensitive topic for me, but oh well, done it now.  015
     Reply #199 - April 19, 2012, 10:46 AM

If it doesn't affect society negatively, then it shouldn't matter. If two consenting people have sex, especially if they are siblings, then as long as they don't reproduce it's okay. There would probably be a one in two chance that the offspring would have genetic defects. So reproduction shouldn't be illegal in this manner.

There is no counter-argument to this that is a valid one.
     Reply #200 - May 03, 2012, 12:21 PM

Reply #201 - May 08, 2012, 08:06 PM

hmm, abood your piccy doesn't show on my phone browser,

this I agree, I'm the victim here, my bro is the perpetrator, I'm barely 5-6, don't know the details, it's happened soo long ago,by the time I know what it is, I got interested in book, I consult a religion books, read about the sodom country being turned upside down, so yeah I have nobody to consults, most of the time I'm paranoid over my big brother, I just wish society are more open minded on this matter on that time
     Reply #202 - May 08, 2012, 08:48 PM

Sure... let incest occur as long as we have legalized suicide so when the child grows up with severe disabilities, they can safely end their existence.

(not sarcasm btw).

Reply #203 - May 08, 2012, 08:50 PM

I think suicide is already legal. 

Reply #204 - May 08, 2012, 09:21 PM

In the uk it is illegal but its worthless illegality.
     Reply #205 - May 08, 2012, 09:35 PM

I for one think that civil partnerships should be for instances for example where you have 2 spinsters (elderly) living together so that the other one is the next of kin if one dies. Marriage should be for romantic partnerships, as for incest I don't like it for myself but it doesn't have to hurt anyone. The debate in my head is about children as a result of such situations just don't know on that front.
     Reply #206 - May 08, 2012, 09:47 PM

are there any law on this earth that legalizing incest ? , I'm curious
     Reply #207 - May 08, 2012, 10:27 PM

Homosexual marriages raise all kinds of issues around the health and wellbeing of children:  surrogacy, adoption, custody after divorce, contact with and legal position of biological parents, grandparents and siblings before or after divorce, early years childcare, alimony, the role of husbands and wives.

Yes there are the same inherent issues that are associated with straight marriage, just my opinion that not having 'natural parents' on the whole/generally speaking would be a few more degrees problematic for the child.

Science, evidence and reality disagree with your layman intuition and prejudices:

The Effects of Marriage, Civil Union, and Domestic Partnership Laws on the Health and Well-being of Children" Pediatrics. 2006:
    "More than 25 years of research have documented that there is no relationship between parents' sexual orientation and any measure of a child's emotional, psychosocial, and behavioral adjustment. These data have demonstrated no risk to children as a result of growing up in a family with 1 or more gay parents. Conscientious and nurturing adults, whether they are men or women, heterosexual or homosexual, can be excellent parents."

Marriage of Same-Sex Couples – 2006 Position Statement Canadian Psychological Association:
    "A review of the psychological research into the well-being of children raised by same-sex and opposite-sex parents continues to indicate that there are no reliable differences in their mental health or social adjustment and that lesbian mothers and gay fathers are not less fit as parents than are their heterosexual counterparts."

Legal Recognition of Same-Sex Relationships in the United States : A social science perspective." American Psychologist. 2006:
    "Despite considerable variation in the quality of their samples, research design, measurement methods, and data analysis techniques, the findings to date have been remarkably consistent. Empirical research to date has consistently failed to find linkages between children’s well-being and the sexual orientation of their parents. If gay, lesbian, or bisexual parents were inherently less capable than otherwise comparable heterosexual parents, their children would evidence problems regardless of the type of sample. This pattern clearly has not been observed. Given the consistent failures in this research literature to disprove the null hypothesis, the burden of empirical proof is on those who argue that the children of sexual minority parents fare worse than the children of heterosexual parents."

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Parented Families - A Literature Review prepared for The Australian Psychological Society:
    "The family studies literature indicates that it is family processes (such as the quality of parenting and relationships within the family) that contribute to determining children’s wellbeing and ‘outcomes’, rather than family structures, per se, such as the number, gender, sexuality and co-habitation status of parents. The research indicates that parenting practices and children’s outcomes in families parented by lesbian and gay parents are likely to be at least as favourable as those in families of heterosexual parents, despite the reality that considerable legal discrimination and inequity remain significant challenges for these families."

How Does the Gender of Parents Matter?" Journal of Marriage and Family. 2010:
    "No research supports the widely held conviction that the gender of parents matters for child well-being."

Affidavit - United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts" Michael Lamb, Ph.D. 2009:
    "It is well-established that both men and women have the capacity to be good parents, and that having parents of both genders does not enhance adjustment. Based on a significant and well-respected body of research, the scientific community has reached consensus that parental sexual orientation does not affect adjustment. Numerous organizations representing mental health and child welfare professionals have issued statements confirming that same-sex parents are as effective as heterosexual parents in raising well-adjusted children and adolescents and should not face discrimination. See Exhibit B. These organizations include the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Psychoanalytic Association, the National Association of Social Workers, the Child Welfare League of America, and the North American Council on Adoptable Children."

Case No. S147999 in the Supreme Court of the State of California:
    "The scientific research that has directly compared outcomes for children with gay and lesbian parents with outcomes for children with heterosexual parents has been remarkably consistent in showing that lesbian and gay parents are every bit as fit and capable as heterosexual parents, and their children are as psychologically healthy and well-adjusted as children reared by heterosexual parents. Amici emphasize that the abilities of gay and lesbian persons as parents and the positive outcomes for their children are not areas where credible scientific researchers disagree. Statements by the leading associations of experts in this area reflect professional consensus that children raised by lesbian or gay parents do not differ in any important respects from those raised by heterosexual parents. No credible empirical research suggests otherwise."

There is no actual basis for concluding that same-sex parents are any less fit or capable than heterosexual parents, or that their children are any less psychologically healthy and well adjusted.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #208 - May 09, 2012, 05:00 AM

If they both are consenting adults I could care less what they do in bed.
     Reply #209 - May 09, 2012, 09:37 AM

It's amusing when people think 'ew' is an argument. dance
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »