Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Strange things on facebook

(Read 3433 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Strange things on facebook
     OP - March 20, 2012, 09:15 PM

Guys something strange happened to me on facebook . I had a friend , kurdish guy; we met on United Kurdish people.  He told me he is no longer muslim; he also asserted that he hated the fact that Kurds accepted  Arabic ideology called islam.

We had normal and friendly conversation (nothing flirty) both on face and skype. Yesterday I  found out  he is no longer on skype. We are still friends  on face, but he ignored my messages ,i mean PM.
    I am a little bit confused about this change of attitude. Is he really an ex-muslim or someone pretending  ? 

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
  • Re: Strange things on facebook
     Reply #1 - March 20, 2012, 09:20 PM

ummmm maybe he is busy?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #2 - March 20, 2012, 09:24 PM

I posted a message on his wall; hi, I don't see you on skype, he erased that.  Huh? Huh?

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
     Reply #3 - March 20, 2012, 09:37 PM

maybe he isnt interested, and feels like you are stalking him.

edit: let me add sweetie, theres alot of strange people on the
    internet.  theres no telling whats up.  you could drive yourself
    crazy trying to figure it out.  Just relax, and if he is interested,
    he will contact you.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #4 - March 20, 2012, 09:41 PM

ok maybe i am a stalker... Kiss

But we had completely normal, civilized conversation. And suddenly my messages are being deleted and ignored. It's not like I posted 500 mesages to him...

Reply #5 - March 20, 2012, 09:43 PM

or maybe... he is just weird! LOL

Helen Keller
     Reply #6 - March 20, 2012, 11:13 PM

Or maybe he has a GF or someone else and he doesn't want her to see you writing on his wall.

Reply #7 - March 20, 2012, 11:16 PM

You should never expect from/invest emotionally in online acquantances as you will be hurt/disappointed if they do something you don't like. 

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #8 - March 20, 2012, 11:27 PM

well he could answer me in PM

Reply #9 - March 20, 2012, 11:29 PM

You should never expect from/invest emotionally in online acquantances as you will be hurt/disappointed if they do something you don't like. 

I have a lot of contacts with whom i speak openly,normally...so it surprises me when people suddenly start ignoring without any justified reason.

Reply #10 - March 20, 2012, 11:32 PM

well he could answer me in PM

yes he could..

it could be nothing.. he could be busy or something..  but ..

unfortunately some people feel the need to avoid /ignore people when they no longer want to stay in contact instead of just coming out and saying so..(if this is the case)..  no matter what his reason is merry_squirrel.. ask yourself if you still want to be friends with someone like that..
     Reply #11 - March 20, 2012, 11:36 PM

^btw.. i would rather have the gut wrenching truth vs. a nice brush off/avoidance any day..
     Reply #12 - March 20, 2012, 11:46 PM

You'll find that people on the internet, as in real life, can be flaky as all hell. Speaking from close personal experience here. I wouldn't think too much of it.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #13 - March 20, 2012, 11:58 PM

^btw.. i would rather have the gut wrenching truth vs. a nice brush off/avoidance any day..

that's true...

Reply #14 - March 21, 2012, 12:43 AM

Doesn't the same apply to RL acquaintances?

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #15 - March 21, 2012, 12:53 AM

^ Yes but having an online friend is weird.

i mean just chill with people in real life not online

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #16 - March 21, 2012, 12:55 AM

... why?

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #17 - March 21, 2012, 12:59 AM

^ Yes but having an online friend is weird.

i mean just chill with people in real life not online

You are portraying it like there are two different species of humans: Online humans and real life humans. Believe it or not many people you know in real life are also online. Like friends, co-workers, classmates etc. Wink

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #18 - March 21, 2012, 01:02 AM

@ Harakaat  because in real life your actually doing something with the person or even if your not and your just sitting an talking there is still more of a personal connection and bond than just typing and looking at a computer screen. And plus you even know your real life acquaintances an coworkers better than online friends because you have never met or chilled with them.

There is a huge difference

Reply #19 - March 21, 2012, 01:03 AM

You are portraying it like there are two different species of humans: Online humans and real life humans. Believe it or not many people you know in real life are also online. Like friends, co-workers, classmates etc. Wink

No i mean having friends that you ONLY know online and have NEVER met is weird. I don't mean chatting with real life friends online

Reply #20 - March 21, 2012, 01:19 AM

@ Harakaat  because in real life your actually doing something with the person or even if your not and your just sitting an talking there is still more of a personal connection and bond than just typing and looking at a computer screen. And plus you even know your real life acquaintances an coworkers better than online friends because you have never met or chilled with them.

I disagree. Just because you can see someone's face doesn't mean there's more of a personal connection. I can tell you this from experience. And if you're so obsessed with faces, there's always webcams. And I know some people I have never met much better than I know my own parents.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #21 - March 21, 2012, 01:20 AM

There's a girl in my city that used to go to my old school. We've never met, but we've spent dozens of hours talking to each other online. And I'm closer to her than I am to the vast majority of my RL friends.

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #22 - March 21, 2012, 03:15 AM

I disagree. Just because you can see someone's face doesn't mean there's more of a personal connection. I can tell you this from experience. And if you're so obsessed with faces, there's always webcams. And I know some people I have never met much better than I know my own parents.

I think you have a point. It depends on what types of social interactions each person prefers. I can only bond with people face to face but then again some other people might bond with others differently

Reply #23 - March 21, 2012, 04:38 AM

And plus you even know your real life acquaintances an coworkers better than online friends because you have never met or chilled with them.

Exactly - the difference between a tree and it's shadow.
     Reply #24 - March 21, 2012, 05:02 AM

If I'm ignoring you it's because I'm busy. Promise.

"That it is indeed the speech of an illustrious messenger" (The Koran 69:40)
     Reply #25 - March 21, 2012, 01:28 PM

Exactly - the difference between a tree and it's shadow.

Why?

حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

Reply #26 - March 21, 2012, 04:36 PM

No i mean having friends that you ONLY know online and have NEVER met is weird. I don't mean chatting with real life friends online

ive had a good online friend for over 10 years. we have never met.  But I know her
    more than i know some irl friends lol.  I know all her kids, her grandkids, her friends,
    etc.  how is that weird?

Helen Keller
     Reply #27 - March 21, 2012, 05:01 PM

All I was saying btw is that due to deindividuation (meaning 'masked persoanlity and anonymity') on the net, you may find that some people are less responsible/polite than they would be IRL. That's why 'normal' people feel happy trolling on the internet and that's why youtube comments are mostly retarded.

In all seriousness though, I'm not saying you can't have and maintain a good friendship with internet contacts, I'm just saying that until one is very familiar with them, one shouldn't be too disappointed by any of their actions as you would be with a real life friend. But generally, friendship can and does exist everywhere, including the internet, it's just that anonymity can change how people act at times-including 'normal people'.

For more on deindividuation read  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deindividuation

Derren Brown did an excellent show on it called the gameshow in which ordinary people turned into merciless bullies when they felt they were part of a crowd.

The gameshow can be seen here

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derren-brown-the-experiments/4od#3258649

or here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4shngySiIU&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsearch_query%3Dderren%2Bbrown%2Bthe%2Bgameshow%26oq%3Dderren%2Bbrown%2Bthe%2Bgameshow%26aq%3Df%26aqi%3Dg7%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3D3%26gs_upl%3D389l4127l0l4204l26l24l1l10l10l0l269l1480l8.4.1l13l0&has_verified=1

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

Reply #28 - March 22, 2012, 11:30 PM

This is getting amusing.

Guy opened a new facebook account under which he wrote that ''jew Marcus Zuckerberg and America'' should answer for crimes against Kurdish people (there was a rumour that Facebook will ban kurdish flag). When some of other members of the group expressed disaggrement , their post suspiciously dissappeared. So much for freedom of expression. dance

There is something fishy going on. whistling2

Reply #29 - March 22, 2012, 11:32 PM

Sounds like a bigot and a tribalist.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »