Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Syria.....President Bashar Al-Assad

(Read 9228 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Syria.....President Bashar Al-Assad
     OP - February 29, 2012, 04:52 PM

“They are not my forces, they are military forces belonging to the government,” he said.
    “I don’t own them. I am president. I don’t own the country,
    so they are not my forces.”
    ..........Bashar Al-Assad

Yap..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8P6860vIiA

well that is what it is.. President Bashar Al-Assad interview with Barbara Walters from ABC News on 07-12-2011

You can also red the interview here

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Re: Syria.....President Bashar Al-Assad
     Reply #1 - February 29, 2012, 04:56 PM

Like I said in the Syria thread-I think it's a possibility that Bashar is not in charge-his brother is controlling the military and I think he's starting to tire of it-he may be the first defector-it would be good for the country if he was because he could use his influence over the alawite community and other factions-and a civil war would be averted.

Hafez Al Assad (his dad) faced the same issue back in the day, he got ill and his brother Rifaat tried to pull a coup on him but Hafez stopped him and exiled him, I'm hoping Basher will have enough courage to stand up to his brother and family.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #2 - February 29, 2012, 05:51 PM

Like I said in the Syria thread-I think it's a possibility that Bashar is not in charge-his brother is controlling the military and I think he's starting to tire of it-he may be the first defector-it would be good for the country if he was because he could use his influence over the alawite community and other factions-and a civil war would be averted.

Hafez Al Assad (his dad) faced the same issue back in the day, he got ill and his brother Rifaat tried to pull a coup on him but Hafez stopped him and exiled him, I'm hoping Basher will have enough courage to stand up to his brother and family.

Then this fellow the eye Doctor should leave the office and do something to good to people instead of talking nonsense "I am only president..I  am not In-charge" bullshit..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz9FAeC1j_E&feature=related

or take his wife and run to  London or Tehran..

why talk about Gaza, Palestinians..........Juice.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-acK5d6ZisM

Reply #3 - February 29, 2012, 06:17 PM

The issue isn't just one man or a bunch of politicians....

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

Reply #4 - February 29, 2012, 06:50 PM

well leave the power to politicians and GO AWAY..

why play the game of " I have nothing to do with what is happening in the country".. I am a just president  silly  game ??

Reply #5 - February 29, 2012, 07:12 PM

I don't think you have a grasp of the situation Yeeze.

OK, bashar al assad is a puppet president for his family and general clan, as well as a few other elite alawite and sunni families. This interview was a gaffe-ie a verbal mistake-or a cry for help or something different-but anyway, the issue in Syria isn't about bashar al assad, it's about these elite families who are finding their power slipping away from them, and creating a sectarian war so that they can keep it.

Reply #6 - February 29, 2012, 07:19 PM

I don't think you have a grasp of the situation Yeeze.

I really don't Sprout.. educate me..

OK, bashar al assad is a puppet president for his family and general clan, as well as a few other elite alawite and sunni families.

Are  they stopping him if he resigns the post of Presidency??

This interview was a gaffe-ie a verbal mistake-or a cry for help or something different-but anyway, the issue in Syria isn't about bashar al assad, it's about these elite families who are finding their power slipping away from them, and creating a sectarian war so that they can keep it.

well let them keep the power.. you resign., what do you think will happen to him?? will these elite families kill him and his wife??

Reply #7 - February 29, 2012, 07:26 PM

Are  they stopping him if he resigns the post of Presidency??
    well let them keep the power.. you resign., what do you think will happen to him?? will these elite families kill him and his wife??

I think Assad fears prosecution or persecution-if he is arrested he would face international human rights courts or worse-the fate of Gaddafi-if this isn't enough to stop him resigning and to carry on this fight for survival-the power the shabiha, alawi elites and Assad family have would also mean he would be made to regret standing down.

Again though, even if he resigns, it doesn't matter, another elite alawite from the Assad family will take power and the situation would probably be worse-Bashar is a saint compared to Maher and some of the others around him, Bashar is at least rational, sane and has a shred of humanity. Maher can be seen below shooting at unarmed protestors

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVe6tj_BxnY

You wouldn't want him symbolically in charge, although the fact that he and his gangster (literally mafia-look up shabiha) friends are in charge of the army is bad enough.

Reply #8 - February 29, 2012, 07:33 PM

I think Assad fears prosecution or persecution-if he is arrested he would face international human rights courts or worse-the fate of Gaddafi-if this isn't enough to stop him resigning

Your assumption above has no proof neither logic.,  international human rights courts could DO NOTHING.. they just give silly statements ., As far as his  fate being similar to that of Gaddafi., he will have a better chance of not going through that route if he resigns now..  The present world is not what it used to be during his dad's time .,, there you could blame juice and pour juice to Muislim crowds.

....., Bashar is at least rational, sane and has a shred of humanity. ...

You wouldn't want him symbolically in charge, although the fact that he and his gangster (literally mafia-look up shabiha) friends are in charge of the army is bad enough.

well your words are contradicting

Reply #9 - February 29, 2012, 07:42 PM

Your assumption above has no proof neither logic.,  international human rights courts could DO NOTHING.. they just give silly statements ., As far as his  fate being similar to that of Gaddafi., he will have a better chance of not going through that route if he resigns now..  The present world is not what it used to be during his dad's time .,, there you could blame juice and pour juice to Muislim crowds.
    well your words are contradicting

Really? He wouldn't face trial for the actions his government has taken under his 'leadership'? Somehow I doubt that. Don't forget that his accounts are frozen and he has travel bans against him.

You still don't seem to understand that this war is quickly becoming Sectarian, the alawites are running out of options since they have now chosen to back the government that they are over-represented in. Apparently the alawites in Syria are being armed and army units are being moved to the Lattakia and Tartus areas (Alawite areas) just in case their is a retreat they will be able to carve out their own country.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/michaelweiss/100136612/bloody-reprisals-and-fears-of-sectarian-war-in-syria/

Anyway, my words aren't contradicting each other, in the first sentence I was talking about Bashar and in the second one I was talking about Maher.

If you want to know more about the situation have a read:

http://www.danielpipes.org/191/the-alawi-capture-of-power-in-syria

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/michaelweiss/100136612/bloody-reprisals-and-fears-of-sectarian-war-in-syria/

Anyway, I'm tired of going through it with you, if you want to carry on thinking that this is one man's issue then you do so.

Reply #10 - February 29, 2012, 08:14 PM

Well, that sounds grim ^^^

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #11 - March 01, 2012, 02:20 AM

No doubt. It's very ironic that Turkey invading or Assad defecting are actually the best options right now-it is incredibly disgusting and cynical that the regime has divided the country into two factions to stay in power but it is a natural result of years of the Sunni marginalisation of non-Sunnis prior to the Assad coup-like I said about it in the other thread, the last country in the middle east that wasn't divided by sect or ethnicity and was fairly harmonious and on the rise 3 years ago is quickly descending into civil war and may cease to exist as a country.

Anyway, tears aside, if anyone wants to keep up with the situation or learn more read syriacomment.org, Joshua Landis is one of the few respectable academics on the field and has access to inside sources.

Reply #12 - March 01, 2012, 02:55 AM

No doubt. It's very ironic that Turkey invading or Assad defecting are actually the best options right now-it is incredibly disgusting and cynical that the regime has divided the country into two factions to stay in power but it is a natural result of years of the Sunni marginalisation of non-Sunnis prior to the Assad coup-like I said about it in the other thread, the last country in the middle east that wasn't divided by sect or ethnicity and was fairly harmonious and on the rise 3 years ago is quickly descending into civil war and may cease to exist as a country.

Anyway, tears aside, if anyone wants to keep up with the situation or learn more read syriacomment.org, Joshua Landis is one of the few respectable academics on the field and has access to inside sources.

Hmm  http://www.joshualandis.com/blog/ this one??

I hope you know who that guy is...

Reply #13 - March 01, 2012, 03:11 AM

Enlighten me. Is he working for Saudi Arabia? Or maybe he's part of ZOG? Or even worse, hizbullah?

Cheesy

Seriously, I know who Landis is, and I know he has ties to the regime through marriage, and I know his wife's family are a senior military family, but he has addressed that criticism many times in the past, and what he says is usually objective.

Reply #14 - March 01, 2012, 03:16 AM

Enlighten me. Is he working for Saudi Arabia? Or maybe he's part of ZOG? Or even worse, hizbullah?

Cheesy

Seriously, I know who Landis is, and I know he has ties to the regime through marriage, and I know his wife's family are a senior military family, but he has addressed that criticism many times in the past, and what he says is usually objective.

no..no .. he may be objective., but you know well in Syria power is concentrated with alwis., It is same  as Saddam minority  regime holding on to power with gun on people's face.

Am i wrong here??

Reply #15 - March 01, 2012, 03:26 AM

Military and ministerial power.

Monetary, civil service and religious power isn't.

Alawis make up around 80% of the secret police, 70% of the officer corp, around 60% of the professional army (but only 40% of the army when conscripts are included), around 60% of the key ministers and figures, but their power relies on rich, upper class sunni support, without the support from the rich (mostly secular sunni) Damascus and Aleppo crowds they would be fucked.

Anyway, it's not about alawi v sunni, I would say around 10%-25% of the 3.5 mil alawi community is involved in the government directly or through family. But most alawis are poorer today than they were before Hafez came to power-most of them are like other Syrian citizens, just struggling to make a living. The unfortunate fact is they know that sunni Islamists are a large part of the opposition-which means that they have no choice but to support the regime-this is why if Bashar al Assad defected he would be able to bring with him the support of ordinary Alawites (and other scared minorities) who would then see the opposition as reflective of them-which they don't know, most minorities feel the opposition is a sunni fundamentalist one, and they have good reason to feel that.

Extremist Syrian imam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z86Q8q6kcM

Demonstraters in aleppo call for a caliphate (a lot of protesters shout things like 'Syria peace' or 'Syria unite', or 'Syria is one'. Unfortunately, a lot of the protests are taking very ugly, very sinister turns where you can hear shouts like 'christians to beirut, alawis to the grave' etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9aHx3sbe8&feature=youtu.be

Interesting read: Why the alawi community are hostages of the regime:

http://www.syriancouncil.org/en/opinion/item/4-the-alawi-community-in-syria-a-hostage-and-a-victim-of-the-assad-regime.html

Reply #16 - March 01, 2012, 03:29 AM

.................Islamic education in Syrian schools is traditional, rigid, and Sunni. The Ministry of Education makes no attempt to inculcate notions of tolerance or respect for religious traditions other than Sunni Islam. Christianity is the one exception to this rule. Indeed, all religious groups other than Christians are seen to be enemies of Islam, who must be converted or fought against. The Syrian government teaches school children that over half of the world�s six billion inhabitants will go to hell and must be actively fought by Muslims. Jews have their own status. The Jewish religion � the Torah and the Jewish prophets � are considered divine � but the Jewish people, who, it is claimed, deny their prophets, are fated to go to hell and must be eliminated.

At first view, one might expect Syria to promote a liberal and tolerant view of religious difference in its religion curriculum. The reasons for this are many. Syria has been ruled by leaders belonging to a religious minority, the Muslim Alawi sect, for 40 years and is home to many religious minorities both Christian and Muslim. It plays a commanding role in the politics of Lebanon, a country in which no more than 20% of the population is Sunni Muslim. Most importantly, Syria has been good to its minorities, who enjoy greater security and opportunity than in any other Arab country.[�]

Nevertheless, Syria has chosen not to follow a path of religious liberalism. Instead, it has pursued an integralist policy of nation-building for the last 40 years under the Ba`th Party. The Asads have struggled to be good Sunnis, not to make Sunnis into good liberals.

One can only wonder how long Syria�s reputation for tolerance and willingness to protect religious minorities will survive its Alawite ascendancy. Once the Alawis lose power and are unable to protect minorities, the education Syrians acquire in school will not contribute to the continuation of policies of religious inclusion and tolerance. Since coming to power in 2000, Bashar al-Asad has made a number of promises to reform the Syrian education system, including curricular reform of religious education. So far, however, the Islamic textbooks used in the mandatory religion instruction in Syrian schools have been little changed...............

that is from one   those Joshua M. Landis's articles.. He is objective.. But he is Jewish.. You knows Jews  Zionism and Israel is bad to this world..

Reply #17 - March 01, 2012, 03:32 AM

Is he jewish? I thought he was a WASP, anyway, I don't really give a shit, all humans are humans and to be treated as humans. What he says is usually objective-after that I don't give a shit, he could be a martian as far as I care.

Reply #18 - March 01, 2012, 03:37 AM

Military and ministerial power.

Monetary, civil service and religious power isn't.

Alawis make up around 80% of the secret police, 70% of the officer corp, around 60% of the professional army (but only 40% of the army when conscripts are included), around 60 of the key ministers and figures, but their power relies on rich, upper class sunni support, without the support from the rich (mostly secular sunni) Damascus and Aleppo crowds they would be fucked.

Anyway, it's not about alawi v sunni, I would say around 10%-25% of the 3.5 mil alawi community is involved in the government directly or through family. But most alawis are poorer today than they were before Hafez came to power-most of them are like other Syrian citizens, just struggling to make a living. The unfortunate fact is they know that sunni Islamists are a large part of the opposition-which means that they have no choice but to support the regime-this is why if Bashar al Assad defected he would be able to bring with him the support of ordinary Alawites (and other scared minorities) who would then see the opposition as reflective of them-which they don't know, most minorities feel the opposition is a sunni fundamentalist one, and they have good reason to feel that.

Extremist Syrian imam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z86Q8q6kcM

Interesting read: Why the alawi community are hostages of the regime:

http://www.syriancouncil.org/en/opinion/item/4-the-alawi-community-in-syria-a-hostage-and-a-victim-of-the-assad-regime.html

Well I read that article; but SNC is filled with Sunnis.. and very few alaws.. am I wrong here?? .,   

But the more this regime keeps power with guns. the more alawi community is going to get hurt after the fall of this regime..

Reply #19 - March 01, 2012, 03:38 AM

Is he jewish? I thought he was a WASP, anyway, I don't really give a shit, all humans are humans and to be treated as humans. What he says is usually objective-after that I don't give a shit, he could be a martian as far as I care.

well he is mixed.,    any ways you have a problem.,  if you say that

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm   Then you know very little about Islam.. or you are out of Islam..

Reply #20 - March 01, 2012, 03:46 AM

well he is mixed.,    any ways you have a problem.,  if you say that

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm   Then you know very little about Islam.. or you are out of Islam..

I'm not a Muslim, I haven't been for the last 4 years, I don't know why you would think that when we were on FFI together for 3 years and I was acting like a horses-ass with my anti-Muslim extremism. But anyway, I don't call myself ex-Muslim because I think I've gone past that point.

Well I read that article; but SNC is filled with Sunnis.. and very few alaws.. am I wrong here?? .,   

But the more this regime keeps power with guns. the more alawi community is going to get hurt after the fall of this regime..

You are right, well, sort of. The SNC also has kurds and Assyrians (a few other Christians as well but the Assyrians are the most revolutionary Christian group)-but anyway, like I said, the SNC would much prefer to be representative of all groups, but minority groups in Syria are scared of joining the revolution because:

1) The fear of extremist sunnis who are shouting loudly in the revolution
    2) The fear of majority rule
    3) The fear of Egypt/Iraq/Lebanon etc
    4) The fear of pissed off poor sunnis
    5) The fear of the free Syrian army-while the central command of the FSA is mostly secular, a lot of the factions inside aren't. Like any revolutionary army it is very fragmented-apparently a lot of the groups have been calling themselves sectarian sunni names associated with the old sunni-shia wars.

Anyway, like I said, the minorities are stuck between a rock and a hard place, they know they can't support the regime forever, but they see it like they have no choice, many of them are moving to inner Damascus-which is still not sectarian and mostly pro-regime (even though it is mostly sunni) because most sunnis in Damascus are secular and rich, therefore in favour of the regime which they have benefited from.

Anyway, the SNC is trying to get the support of more minorities-this isn't going to be easy-but it is absolutely necessary. Again, this is why I favour the potential support and defection of Bashar an Assad-while the situation is dire and on the cusp, there is still time, we haven't reached the point of no return yet, but we will soon.

Reply #21 - March 01, 2012, 03:59 AM

I'm not a Muslim, I haven't been for the last 4 years, I don't know why you would think that when we were on FFI together for 3 years and I was acting like a horses-ass with my anti-Muslim extremism.

Cheesy Cheesy really.. so you know well who yeezevee is.. Frankly speaking i didn't know you migrated from ffi. Are you still active there??

But anyway, I don't call myself ex-Muslim because I think I've gone past that point.

well you think you have gone past.. but you know., lol.,  ..

but what is wrong if you have bit of Islam in you??  I don't see anything wrong Sprout, any ways

You are right, well, sort of. The SNC also has kurds and Assyrians (a few other Christians as well but the Assyrians are the most revolutionary Christian group)-but anyway, like I said, the SNC would much prefer to be representative of all groups, but minority groups in Syria are scared of joining the revolution because:

1) The fear of extremist sunnis who are shouting loudly in the revolution
    2) The fear of majority rule
    3) The fear of Egypt/Iraq/Lebanon etc
    4) The fear of pissed off poor sunnis
    5) The fear of the free Syrian army-while the central command of the FSA is mostly secular, a lot of the factions inside aren't. Like any revolutionary army it is very fragmented-apparently a lot of the groups have been calling themselves sectarian sunni names associated with the old sunni-shia wars.

Anyway, like I said, the minorities are stuck between a rock and a hard place, they know they can't support the regime forever, but they see it like they have no choice, many of them are moving to inner Damascus-which is still not sectarian and mostly pro-regime (even though it is mostly sunni) because most sunnis in Damascus are secular and rich, therefore in favour of the regime which they have benefited from.

Anyway, the SNC is trying to get the support of more minorities-this isn't going to be easy-but it is absolutely necessary. Again, this is why I favour the potential support and defection of Bashar an Assad-while the situation is dire and on the cusp, there is still time, we haven't reached the point of no return yet, but we will soon.

That is an interesting point., So you are from Syria? or Lebanon?

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #22 - March 01, 2012, 05:04 AM

Cheesy Cheesy really.. so you know well who yeezevee is.. Frankly speaking i didn't know you migrated from ffi. Are you still active there??
     well you think you have gone past.. but you know., lol.,  ..

but what is wrong if you have bit of Islam in you??  I don't see anything wrong Sprout, any ways

This isn't the thread for this kind of talk-but I will respond quickly, I'm of Syrian origin

I wouldn't say there's any Islam left in me at all-not that that would be a problem, I just don't think it's accurate-but I went through four stages-Islam, angry at Islam/hating Muslims-coming to terms with it-post apostasy-now I am also a humanist-and I no longer view Islam as a monolithic entity-or Muslims as a monolithic body, so I don't treat these issues as such. Anyway, I was on FFI under a different name as a pretty active user, and I haven't made any secret of that, I just don't want to bring it up again so there's no need to.

Anyway, I thank you for making a thread about Syria, if only to discuss the situation,  it seems the world isn't as interested in us as it was in Libya or Egypt-maybe I'm wrong-but the situation is dire.

Reply #23 - March 01, 2012, 05:09 AM

Personally I've found this interesting, as it gives a perspective we don't usually get from the media.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #24 - March 01, 2012, 05:14 AM

True, one thing I would advise people who are interested is to read more blogs and comments on the blogs (avoid youtube though), while you will have a lot of sectarian, pro-gov anti gov trash written in comments you can start to see patterns that give you a fuller picture.

Also, read SANA.sy and syriancouncil.org-while they are both propaganda, you will see a lot of info and intentions come out if you read between the lines-I rarely read conventional news sites (like BBC or reuters) for this myself anymore because journalists are banned in Syria so citizen journalists serve a better purpose.

Reply #25 - March 01, 2012, 07:02 AM

True, one thing I would advise people who are interested is to read more blogs and comments on the blogs (avoid youtube though), while you will have a lot of sectarian, pro-gov anti gov trash written in comments you can start to see patterns that give you a fuller picture.

Also, read SANA.sy and syriancouncil.org-while they are both propaganda, you will see a lot of info and intentions come out if you read between the lines-I rarely read conventional news sites (like BBC or reuters) for this myself anymore because journalists are banned in Syria so citizen journalists serve a better purpose.

well just  a note,  this is interesting

1943 Syrian census

Sunni Muslims: 1.971.053
        Alawis: 325.311
        Druzes: 87.184
        Ismailis: 28.527
        Twelfer Shia: 12.742
       Christians: 403.036
        Jews: 29.770
        Yazidis: 2.788
        TOTAL: 2.860.411

Now from  from here, 2012 census..

Ethnic Groups: Arab 90.3%, Kurds, Armenians, and other 9.7%. Religions: Sunni Muslim 74%, other Muslim (includes Alawite, Druze) 16%, Christian (various denominations) 10%, Jewish (tiny communities in Damascus..

In fact, Sunni Arabs are not as demographically dominant as they might seem. To begin with, the basic numbers are disputed; Alawites, as discussed in a previous post, may constitute as much as twenty percent of Syria’s population. The Sunni population also includes many non-Arabic speakers, including most Kurds–and the Kurdish population may form fifteen or even twenty percent of the total, according to Kurdish websites. Christian numbers are also likely under-reported, as they seldom include the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi Christian refugees living in the country. The Arab Sunni population itself, moreover, is internally divided. Arab Syrians speak widely divergent dialects that most linguists regard as separate languages. As the language map shows, the Arabic dialects of eastern Syria are related not to those of western Syria but rather to those of Iraq.

That is what the web site says but Sprout tell me more about this "Syrian National Council".. Why do they have a large group of supporters of Muslim Brotherhood?? How about that "Syria National Coordinating Committee for Democratic Change"??

well when countries are  ruled by DICK HEADS and  DICKtraitors for half a century one would expect this turmoil and troubles..

Reply #26 - March 01, 2012, 07:14 AM

Syria's demographic landscape is so diverse and complex and that's why we need a united opposition, to ensure that no one is left behind and no one group terrorises any other-I don't really like to get into demographics because I don't agree with the labels involved.

Anyway, regarding your question, the reason the democratic forces are in bed with the Muslim brotherhood is that these moderate powers come from middle/upper classes and have lived in exile abroad for years, they have almost no real influence within the country other than urban upperclass Damascites and Aleppans-who are mostly still supportive of the government/indifferent. They also have support amongst the Syrian diaspora but that isn't going to do much-the Muslim brotherhood appeal to most of these protesters, most of them are poor, disenfranchised, conservative, religious sunnis, and the MB are experts at appealing to this demographic, just like they are in Egypt or anywhere else. So, the Syrian opposition as weak as it is has to accept anyone who wants to join them so long as they commit to their principles, regardless of the ideology-otherwise they wouldn't have an opposition. I don't agree with this approach, but it's the best of a bad situation.

Reply #27 - March 01, 2012, 07:24 AM

I'm enjoying this thread too, Sprout. You can have personal opinions yet still be fair and objective. Keep it up.
     Reply #28 - March 01, 2012, 07:27 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

My main concern is the quality of my writing-it has deteriorated since leaving university 6 months ago and I haven't been writing much since. I'll try and review what I write as much as possible to make sure everything is clear.

Anyway, thanks again.

Reply #29 - March 02, 2012, 11:23 AM

AN IDIOT from that baboon land Saudi Arabia gives Fatwa to kill Syrian President

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAx4H0RCnCE

And the baboon is  Dopi  Sheikh Ayed Al-Qarni

That is all wonderful., Now start giving  Fatwa to your own  rulers..

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »