Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Unite Against Fascism elect far-right Islamist as their vice chairman

(Read 4310 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Unite Against Fascism elect far-right Islamist as their vice chairman
     OP - February 28, 2012, 11:58 AM

From a trade unionist who attended the UAF conference. Islamist entryism in full effect.

Meanwhile the alliance with right-wing political Islam continues, now in the shape of the East London-based Islamic Forum of Europe, whose Azad Ali was “elected” UAF vice chair. No one on the left, as far as I know, suggests the IFE and its like are terrorists (I mention this because it’s a straw man Ali raised repeatedly – criticise us, and you must think we're al Qaeda) or that we should refuse to stand even with Islamists to physically defeat fascist violence. But the idea that the left should be building a political alliance with a group that has established a bigoted, reactionary and repressive political climate in the Bengali community of Tower Hamlets is astonishing.

http://www.workersliberty.org/story/2012/02/25/report-unite-against-fascism-conference-2012

Ali has been exposed time and time again as an Awlaki supporting, far-right bigoted thuggish Jamaat-e-Islami affiliate with the Islamic Forum of Europe based in east London. He has threatened people who have called him out and his association for their politics, was the subject of the Dispatches documentary that dealt with the rise of the far-right Islamist group in the east end, is a straight up Sharia-ist who opposes democracy where it conflicts with sharia, and he is an Islamist hustler working to Jamaat-e-Islami ends in the UK.

Some details:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/andrewgilligan/100060409/britains-islamic-republic-full-transcript-of-channel-4-dispatches-programme-on-lutfur-rahman-the-ife-and-tower-hamlets-the-full-transcript/

So the organisation that seeks to confront far-right activism by the likes of the EDL and BNP has elected a far-right religious extremist as its vice chair.

Such a shame and so depressing that some parts of the British Left are still such gullible saps, even though there are people among them who know and understand the inverted perversion of allying with clerical extremists.

When EDL types say that the UAF are Islamist enablers, how do you repudiate it, when you actually enable them, and have a far-right clerical fascist as your vice chairman?

There is a difference between defending Muslims from direct action by far-right groups, and formally allying with Islamists. This sums up the tragedy of this section of the modern British left. Useful idiots.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Re: Unite Against Fascism elect far-right Islamist as their vice chairman
     Reply #1 - February 28, 2012, 12:41 PM

From a trade unionist who attended the UAF conference. Islamist entryism in full effect.

http://www.workersliberty.org/story/2012/02/25/report-unite-against-fascism-conference-2012

Ali..................

. Useful idiots.

Ali.. AZAD ALI..............Ali ohhhhhhhhh..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpDp1155X3A&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB38F40D1F5FCDC2C

right..   Chickens roost . Chameleons Change colors

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - February 28, 2012, 01:24 PM

I've not been a fan of the UAF for a long time, sure I'll always support them against the far-right in this country, but they do have scary bed-fellows, and I do find a lot of them to be quite authoritarian as well.

My impression is probably very falable.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #3 - February 28, 2012, 02:05 PM

What is the problem with recognising the Islamists as fascists?  Does know one know about the Mufti of Jerusalem, the Bosnian SS Brigades, the clear support of the grandfather of that Oxford professor for the destruction of Jews?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #4 - February 28, 2012, 02:11 PM

I've not been a fan of the UAF for a long time, sure I'll always support them against the far-right in this country, but they do have scary bed-fellows, and I do find a lot of them to be quite authoritarian as well.

My impression is probably very falable.

Sprout in this age and time,   we can not replace one stupidity with other stupidity ., one authoritarian rule with another authoritarian rule..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNwhbo451YM

That is a good tube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pl60Orebls

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - February 28, 2012, 02:17 PM

Yeezee, can you keep things on topic and not post so many random youtubes unless they strictly pertain to the subject in hand and contain some relevant commentary from you please? Sometimes there is a tendency for your posts to take threads off topic and appear distracting. Thanks.  Smiley

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #6 - February 28, 2012, 02:26 PM

Authoritiarianism in itself isn't an ultimate evil, it's a failed method of delivery, racial fascism is an ultimate evil.

I'm not saying that authoritarian is fine or acceptable, but authoritarian sectarianism (fex) is vastly better than authoritiarian nazism-even though they are both unacceptable.

But anyway, while I would support the UAF against the far-right, I wouldn't support them otherwise.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #7 - February 28, 2012, 08:00 PM

Given that organisations like the Islamic Forum of Europe are basically as "fascist" as the BNP or EDL, this election is utterly ridiculous.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - March 01, 2012, 02:42 AM

A very distressing development, but I should point out that the author's criticisms of the elections were bullshit as far as I can tell. Sounds like pretty standard election procedure to me. The candidates stood unopposed then there was no need for an election or a call to re-open nominations. Standard procedure in my union and most other organizations would be to make a motion to have the secretary cast one ballot in the name of each unopposed nominee or otherwise have the candidate elected by acclamation. Also if the organization's credentials of the person nominated aren't in order it would be common practice to say that person is ineligible.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »