Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Burning Qurans in Afghanistan

(Read 2550 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Burning Qurans in Afghanistan
     OP - February 23, 2012, 09:31 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCJGYMEIcZY&feature=youtu.be
  • Re: Burning Qurans in Afghanistan
     Reply #1 - February 23, 2012, 09:42 AM

You are getting better and better Pashtun ..  I wish you could do that in other languages., it  is also worth  adding your tubes in to forums like  http://www.afghanforums.com/forum.php  but you should NOT do that.. it is someone else's job..

and please read this post and responses in it. I would like to know more on that Aisha' case http://www.rawa.org/temp/runews/2010/08/29/is-time-s-aisha-story-fake.html

who is this guy Abdulhadi Hairan??   How did HE go from being Pashtun to being karachite??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - February 23, 2012, 10:45 AM

Yeezee, some Afghans like to cover their own mistakes up, and in this case, they are trying to hide what happened by saying it was not the Taliban.

Such things happen daily by Talib militants but saying on this is just a wide spread domestic problem just to cover it up, we all know from where they get the motives to harm women.

Hadi is a Pashtun, how do you know him, hes a great pashtun, friend of mine, and hes on some Islamists hit list too.
     Reply #3 - February 23, 2012, 11:16 AM

Yeezee, some Afghans like to cover their own mistakes up, and in this case, they are trying to hide what happened by saying it was not the Taliban.

Such things happen daily by Talib militants but saying on this is just a wide spread domestic problem just to cover it up, we all know from where they get the motives to harm women.

Hadi is a Pashtun, how do you know him, hes a great pashtun, friend of mine, and hes on some Islamists hit list too.

Well I am reading him for a long time., but it seems recently from 2010 his reports have changed as if he was hit by Islamists.. Anyways in that link , he writes
    In July this year, Time magazine published on its cover page the photo of an Afghan woman whose nose was cut off; the title bellowed: 'What happens if we leave Afghanistan.'
    Aisha Nazia Nazia (left) was mutiliated by her husband about 3 years ago. Now known as Aisha (right) she shocked the world on the Time Magazine cover

According to the Time story, the woman, identified as Aisha, had run away, after which a Taliban court ordered her nose and ears mutilated in the southern Uruzgan province.

Before the Time story, CNN also published a similar story in March this year, naming the woman as 'Bibi Aisha,' and reporting that her nose and ears were cut off by the Taliban. (Read that report and see the photo here)  After reading both the stories, and having a close look at the photos, I must conclude that the Taliban story of cutting off the woman's nose and ears as told by CNN and Time is false. The reason behind this conclusion is that I had myself reported this incident in December 2007.

The incident took place in December 2007, just before Eid ul Adha, a muslim ritual of sacrifice. Aisha or Bibi Aisha was at that time Nazia. We found her in a hospital in Qalat, the center of southern Zabul province. She and the police told us that she was beaten by her husband, an old man who had already killed his first wife.

Nazia said her husband first shaved her head, and cut her nose and ears with a sharp knife and beat her until she was unconscious. The husband then fled and the neighbors took her to the hospital. I had posted that story on a blog site with her only photos, which were later posted on many other sites that helped attract NGO attention and to her being taken to Kabul for better treatment. See that blog post and Nazia's first photos, which were taken just a few days after the incident, here. (Please don't mind the poor English, I had just started learning English at that time).

The BBC Pashto website also published a story about Nazia. The BBC Pashto report at that time, which can be accessed on this link, says: (translated from Pashto) 'Several women in Afghanistan's Zabul province have demanded for the trial of a man who cut off his wife's ears and nose.'

The BBC report further mentions that the couple was originally living in Paktia and had been shifted to Kandahar province. The Time and CNN stories, however, takes her from Uruzgan to Kandahar.

All these accounts and the photos prove that Aisha and Nazia is the same woman and that this is a domestic problem which prevails widely in the Afghan society. There is a strong need to work for reducing domestic violence instead of making fake stories by the well-established media organizations.

With that story he adds this picture

Nazia (left) was mutiliated by her husband about 3 years ago. Now known as Aisha (right) she shocked the world on the Time Magazine cover

And that is what he says under that picture..   My problem is how on this earth these two girls are same??  and why is this "RAWA" getting controlled from Karachi since 2009/2010??

Reply #4 - February 23, 2012, 11:19 AM

judging by those pictures it doesn't look like the same girl though yeez, the eyes are different and there is a scar under the nose that is only in one picture.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #5 - February 23, 2012, 11:23 AM

judging by those pictures it doesn't look like the same girl though yeez, the eyes are different and there is a scar under the nose that is only in one picture.

well that is easy for you to see but not for Aphrodite .. She is bit emotional.. 

Reply #6 - February 23, 2012, 11:27 AM

Someone just tweeted this about 30 mis ago, I expect there to be some retaliation :

RT @CBSNews: BREAKING: Afghan official says Afghan soldier angry over #Quran burning has shot to death an American soldier in #Afghanistan

1 Retweet
     Reply #7 - February 23, 2012, 11:30 AM

Someone just tweeted this about 30 mis ago, I expect there to be some retaliation :

RT @CBSNews: BREAKING: Afghan official says Afghan soldier angry over #Quran burning has shot to death an American soldier in #Afghanistan

1 Retweet

Americans  who are NOT in war front in US of A politics NEVER FOUGHT A SINGLE war with brain .,   the soldiers  should pack up and leave the place

Reply #8 - February 23, 2012, 03:29 PM

There is no point in America being there and expecting the people to suddenly be democractic, if the soldeirs are unable to tolerant and follow the laws of their own land, how are they going to confront the Taliban,who only needs to hold a Quran in the air, and the firing will stop, the real danger is in Pakistan where most issues are controlled. Afghanistan and its people are very very untrustworthy and backward.
     Reply #9 - February 23, 2012, 03:39 PM

There is no point in America being there and expecting the people to suddenly be democractic, if the soldeirs are unable to tolerant and follow the laws of their own land, how are they going to confront the Taliban,who only needs to hold a Quran in the air, and the firing will stop, the real danger is in Pakistan where most issues are controlled. Afghanistan and its people are very very untrustworthy and backward.

I fully agree with that point., but what i don't understand is what is the goal of Americans in Afghanistan??   Are they looking for Oil wealth  or mineral wealth in that country??  what is your opinion on that Pashtun?

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »