Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Ecology of Islam

(Read 1207 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Ecology of Islam
     OP - February 19, 2012, 09:12 PM

Would someone kindly delineate the various groupings that make up Islam?  In Biology, this would be a cladogram, in xianity the various churches and sects.

For example Irish Catholics and Protestants have very different accents, probably attend religious schools of their sect, if Scottish will support Glasgow Celtic or Glasgow Rangers.  Xians are very diverse, including wee frees, Plymouth Brethren, and depending on who you are, Jehovahs Witnesses and Mormons. 

I was brought up to believe for example that all catholics go to hell because they are not "born again".

I see these statistics that there are 1.5 billion muslims, but are they really that unified?  How many true believers do each grouping think there are?

I met an Eastern Orthodox guy who believed that protestants were heretics of heretics!!  Anglicans might be actually be Eastern Orthodox because of a link via Harold to Whitby....

How does it work in Islam?

What are the main distinguishing features and why do they seem to lead to war - like the concept of sunni and shia nuclear weapons?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Re: The Ecology of Islam
     Reply #1 - February 19, 2012, 09:41 PM

What are the main distinguishing features and why do they seem to lead to war - like the concept of sunni and shia nuclear weapons?

Sectarian nuclear weapons? If anyone wants me around Ashura, I'll be in my bunker.
  • Re: The Ecology of Islam
     Reply #2 - February 19, 2012, 09:43 PM

[Dawkins]

It is ridiculous to classify weapons according to the religious persuasion of those who made them. Weapons should be allowed to choose their own religious identity.

[/Dawkins]

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »