Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hi everyone

(Read 6667 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hi everyone
     OP - February 19, 2012, 07:16 PM

Hi.

I'm a French guy, 24 years old, studying computer science, and being vegetarian.
    I never was a Muslim myself, but I used to defend Islam on one forum against attack that seemed motivated more by xenophobia than by a genuine critic of this religion. But there I started talking with a guy that refereed to very vocal critics of Islam coming from people that had been raised in a Muslim family in a Muslim country, and also mentioned displayed a very extensive knowledge about Islam, whether about the life of Muhammad or about all the arcane of different Islamic juridical school. By arguing with him, I gradually became more and more convinced that the very core of Islam, i.e. the Quran and Muhammad, was rotten.

I am now also a very vocal critic of Islam, though it hurts every time I get called a racist or banned from a website for that.

I think that organizations like CEMB are keys to make people understand the very important difference between xenophobia-driven attacks on Islam, and humanism-driven attacks on Islam.

thnkyu.
  • Re: Hi everyone
     Reply #1 - February 19, 2012, 07:17 PM

hi and welcome...
     Reply #2 - February 20, 2012, 07:54 AM

Je te souhaite la bienvenue au forum Smiley

I think that organizations like CEMB are keys to make people understand the very important difference between xenophobia-driven attacks on Islam, and humanism-driven attacks on Islam.

That is the goal that we are humbly trying to achieve.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #3 - February 20, 2012, 10:34 AM

Welcome to the forum, i think members like you is what the forum exactly need. Enjoy your stay Smiley

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #4 - February 20, 2012, 01:12 PM

Hi.

I'm a French guy, 24 years old, studying computer science, and being vegetarian.

Hmmm.. How are you doing Yi Sun-Sin?  What you are a French .. you eat Vegetable and your nick is Yi Sun-Sin?  that guy was Chinese General .,  you sound like french fry to me ..Not Chinese General Yi Sun-Sin...

I never was a Muslim myself, but I used to defend Islam on one forum against attack that seemed motivated more by xenophobia than by a genuine critic of this religion. But there I started talking with a guy that refereed to very vocal critics of Islam coming from people that had been raised in a Muslim family in a Muslim country, and also mentioned displayed a very extensive knowledge about Islam, whether about the life of Muhammad or about all the arcane of different Islamic juridical school.

Hm.. YOU WERE never a Muslim, You never read anything on Islam including its scriptures but you are attacking those who attack a  faith??   Why? That is xenophobic, is it not??  lol..

So Now give me the difference between  xenophobic critic of Islam and genuine critic of Islam., That is a very important distinction you are making  Yi Sun-Sin., It is vital to educate the readers on that subject..  ., give me some examples of such people and incidents on that..

By arguing with him, I gradually became more and more convinced that the very core of Islam, i.e. the Quran and Muhammad, was rotten.

I am now also a very vocal critic of Islam, though it hurts every time I get called a racist or banned from a website for tha
    t.

Ha! what?? where does Quran say Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) was rotten? and how can you say Quran is a rotten book?  What proof do you have on that?? did you you read Quran properly?  There is hardly any mention of Prophet Muhammad in that book.. ]Well your prejudice seem to have shifted the direction..  is it not Yi Sun-Sin??  Correct me if I am wrong on that.

thnkyu.

I don't think so.,  CEMB is full of people with many phobias., Islamophobia is one of the phobias  people have here.

So I say you are wrong.. wrong in every way and every point of your post is  wrong..wrong... wrong   dear Yi Sun-Sin ..  And welcome to CEMB..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - February 20, 2012, 01:15 PM

Tsk. Yeezeevee est fou furieux... mais sympa.
     Reply #6 - February 20, 2012, 04:11 PM

Welcome to the forum Yi Sun-Sin, have a rabbit!  bunny

I'm glad you're a fan of the CEMB organization, although the forums can sometimes fall a bit short of such a lofty goal. Anyway, I hope you'll participate in and enjoy some of the conversations we have here.  grin12

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #7 - February 20, 2012, 05:49 PM

Thanks everyone Smiley. Seems like everybody speaks French here dance.
    Hmmm.. How are you doing Yi Sun-Sin?  What you are a French .. you eat Vegetable and your nick is Yi Sun-Sin?  that guy was Chinese General .,  you sound like french fry to me ..Not Chinese General Yi Sun-Sin...

He was Korean. He is some damn cool national hero. Played a huge part on repealing the Japanese invasion. His life looks like an epic tale.
    You never read anything on Islam including its scriptures

I did read the Quran. Actually, I did so because of a promise I made to an Iranian friend. Funny fact is that she later apostatized, and said she was sorry for asking that even though she actually had not read it.
    So I say you are wrong.. wrong in every way and every point of your post is  wrong..wrong... wrong

klolthxbye Smiley.
     Reply #8 - February 20, 2012, 05:55 PM

Thanks everyone Smiley. Seems like everybody speaks French here dance.He was Korean. He is some damn cool national hero. Played a huge part on repealing the Japanese invasion. His life looks like an epic tale.I did read the Quran. Actually, I did so because of a promise I made to an Iranian friend. Funny fact is that she later apostatized, and said she was sorry for asking that even though she actually had not read it.

klolthxbye Smiley.

wait.. wait no bye.. bye..  

So you read Quran?? really?  Then you didn't answer the real questions of that post..

So Now give me the difference between  xenophobic critic of Islam and genuine critic of Islam., That is a very important distinction you are making  Yi Sun-Sin., It is vital to educate the readers on that subject..  ., give me some examples of such people and incidents on that..

So Yi Sun-Sin .. give me ..give me some examples ..  

Yi Sun-sin is Korean?? What Korean the guy saved China from Japan., So more Chinese than most of the Chinese I know..  Tongue

Reply #9 - February 20, 2012, 06:02 PM

Success!   I get to offer the  parrot  first!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #10 - February 20, 2012, 08:44 PM

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
     Reply #11 - February 20, 2012, 08:53 PM

author=Raccoon Rapist 

Raccoon picture in the post  is missing., let me add one   Tongue

Reply #12 - February 22, 2012, 09:32 PM

signwelcome Welcome Yi Sun-Sin

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #13 - May 19, 2012, 05:03 AM

okay, bringing our convo here  Tongue

Sooo...you into Kpop then?  whistling2

I havent tried korean food yet, But I plan on it someday.

I do love Japanese food though mysmilie_977

and btw a belated welcome to cemb  parrot

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #14 - May 19, 2012, 05:37 AM

Ahah, sorry but I'm pretty much allergic to K-pop. As far as Korean music is concerned, I'm more into that :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNNmGFDZDGw&feature=related
    or that :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMppBeYu4Us
    (Well, maybe that does qualify as K-pop, but that's not very much like the usual boybands/girlbands).

But I've always been completely fan of that music video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N8c1t1QTDI
    Can you believe how much that kicks ass ?
    And that one also ranks pretty high in awesomeness :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUGpPavsE8
     Reply #15 - May 19, 2012, 05:38 AM

Korean food is good. The Beatles even wrote about it:

"When I find myself in times of hunger, Mother Mary comes to me,

Speaking words of wisdom: eat kim chi, da da da" Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #16 - May 19, 2012, 05:48 AM

I loled. The problem for me was that it was all spicy (and I'm extremely over-sensitive to spicy food), and that it was quite hard to order vegetarian non-spicy food when I could not speak a word of Korean and the waiters could hardly speak two words of English grin12.
    Therefore I ended up eating pizza and cheese toast for 3 month. Which was just slightly less healthy than my regime in France anyway whistling2..
     Reply #17 - May 19, 2012, 05:56 AM

My favourite Korean take-away place used to have that written on the wall. grin12

I don't mind spicy and I'm not vegeterrible, so Korean food is fine with me.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #18 - May 19, 2012, 05:57 AM

Ahah, sorry but I'm pretty much allergic to K-pop. As far as Korean music is concerned, I'm more into that :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNNmGFDZDGw&feature=related
    or that :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMppBeYu4Us
    (Well, maybe that does qualify as K-pop, but that's not very much like the usual boybands/girlbands).

But I've always been completely fan of that music video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N8c1t1QTDI
    Can you believe how much that kicks ass ?
    And that one also ranks pretty high in awesomeness :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYUGpPavsE8

lol, Kpop is my guilty pleasure  whistling2

I like the first vid, it sounds like the korean version of Evanescence  Afro

as for the second vid, I love it! Beautiful voice, beautiful song...loved the whole thing!

That J Park vid is awesome lol, I`ve seen it before...love the retro music  dance

the last one is pretty cool too. Whats the group called?

Love your taste in Korean music. I should listen to more than just Kpop lol

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #19 - May 19, 2012, 05:58 AM

Korean food is good. The Beatles even wrote about it:

"When I find myself in times of hunger, Mother Mary comes to me,

Speaking words of wisdom: eat kim chi, da da da" Smiley

I`ve never tried Kimchi, but I want to  Tongue

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #20 - May 19, 2012, 05:59 AM

I loled. The problem for me was that it was all spicy (and I'm extremely over-sensitive to spicy food), and that it was quite hard to order vegetarian non-spicy food when I could not speak a word of Korean and the waiters could hardly speak two words of English grin12.
    Therefore I ended up eating pizza and cheese toast for 3 month. Which was just slightly less healthy than my regime in France anyway whistling2..

Ya I`ve heard its tough being a vegetarian in Korea.

Since most of their dishes consist of meat

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
     Reply #21 - May 19, 2012, 04:51 PM

Actually, my tutor there told me it was much more of a vegetarian country 50 years ago, but it was mainly because meat was unaffordable back then, and now it's not the case anymore (since their wealth increased so much Afro).

the last one is pretty cool too. Whats the group called?

It's called Epik High.
    If you like Korean rap, I also like this one :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H12ipDPRHzw
    DT looks like a prophet dance.
     Reply #22 - May 22, 2012, 07:36 PM

annyeong!

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #23 - May 22, 2012, 10:28 PM

grin12 Afro Welcom Yi Sun-Sin, this forum is awesome, and I'm more of a newbie myself but welcomes anyway.  Afro dance

Don't worry 'bout those giving you a hard time on your introduction thread by asking you to justify yourself for your position and conclusions as to why you think the Qu'ran and Mo are rotten, just our usual community jesters. Can be hard sometimes to get his humour, I still don't know half the time whether he is taking the piss or not.
     Reply #24 - May 23, 2012, 12:49 AM

Thanks, but actually if you look at the date, I've been here for 4 month already Afro. Actually, I even asked you some question on your presentation topic that you never answered to ( http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=20408.msg584057#msg584057 ) grin12. Not that it really mattered anyway, but usually those kind of trailer don't slip by unnoticed Afro.
    We upped the topic because of a discussion we started here :
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=20675.msg597085#msg597085

I already got the time to get used to Yeezevee, and his very unconventional style grin12.

And yes, thread necromancy can be very confusing, I'll add some warning next time Wink.
     Reply #25 - May 23, 2012, 01:35 AM

Oh, sorry Yi Sun-Sin, didn't notice the date of the OP, so my appologise, and sorry that I hadn't replied to your other post on my intro, there are so many that I find it hard to keep up with and thought I'd replied to everyone in my own intro.
     Reply #26 - May 23, 2012, 01:54 AM

Welcome to the forum. Have a parrot  parrot

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #27 - May 23, 2012, 04:07 AM

Welcome to the forum. Have a parrot  parrot

Reply #28 - May 23, 2012, 12:56 PM

Don't worry, Da_Dude : the day I get angry about someone missing one of my post or not noticing the date of an old topic resurrected is the day you should kick me in the nut Afro.
     Reply #29 - May 23, 2012, 01:12 PM

you should kick me in the nut

Nut in the singular?

I'm so sorry.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »