Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Isabelle Caro, the face of anorexia, dies at 28

(Read 50999 times)
  • 12 3 ... 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Isabelle Caro, the face of anorexia, dies at 28
     OP - January 30, 2012, 04:39 PM

How sad

Link to article

Teach us to care and not to care / Teach us to sit still.
    What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult to each other
    You are the music while the music lasts.
    T.S.Eliot
  • Re: Isabelle Caro, the face of anorexia, dies at 28
     Reply #1 - January 30, 2012, 04:50 PM

I agree it is sad and it is a mental problem ., but this is very old news Fara7., I think she died in 2010.,   In fact  Isabelle Caro is an example for Medical students teaching anorexia/eating disorder problems.. 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - January 30, 2012, 07:11 PM

Despite her obviously frail physique she said she had never once been told by a modelling agency to put on weight.

^^ This is so true.

Only 1 very very close friend has ever said to me that I need to put on a bit of weight, and that in itself makes me feel that inspite of being 2 1/2 stone underweight, I'm where I should be. 

Instead of criticism, I get praise.  I get people asking me how to lose weight, how can they starve themselves for a short while just to squeeze into that dress.  What tricks did I use, how to maintain it.

When I become dangerously thin, and I posted on fb the new dress size I had reached I had untold congratulations. Not one person I knew, who knew me at that time, who knew my bone structure and height.  Not one of them said "I don't really think that would look right on you"

Part of me feels the only reason my best friend even tells me to gain weight is because she knows how much it drove me to have people compliment me.

I read this article the other day on facebook.  At the time I read it, I didn't want to end up like her and yet by the end of the day, I had only eaten one small baguette, no butter or spread.  Just every couple of hours I took a piece off of it and nibbled it to keep me going.

I don't want to end up like her, and yet......I still don't eat.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #3 - January 30, 2012, 08:21 PM

I do feel sorry for anyone suffering from anorexia but the people who piss me off the most are those who do the congratulating of extreme thinness etc, and those who strive to be a stupid size zero or whatever and emulate thin, gaunt super models.  Pathetic idiots.  finmad

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #4 - January 30, 2012, 11:14 PM

I do feel sorry for anyone suffering from anorexia but the people who piss me off the most are those who do the congratulating of extreme thinness etc, and those who strive to be a stupid size zero or whatever and emulate thin, gaunt super models.  Pathetic idiots.  finmad

It is a serious health Problem generated by so- called modelling industry.

Damn they look like Ghosts that I used read in the stories..

Reply #5 - January 31, 2012, 12:53 AM

Indeed and anyone must have serious issues if they think that is attractive.  wacko

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #6 - January 31, 2012, 02:02 AM

Some blame the presence and prominence of gay fashion designers for the push towards size zero.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #7 - January 31, 2012, 02:09 AM

Some blame the presence and prominence of gay fashion designers for the push towards size zero.

I just don't understand that., Why the hell all these  fashion designers are gay...(well not all.. most of them) I am going to get hit by CEMB folks but I think Gay and lesbian people need help., One of those guys must undergo that sex change operation to live life happily or as happily as heterosexuals..

Reply #8 - January 31, 2012, 02:52 AM

Urm...what? Why? Huh?

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #9 - February 01, 2012, 12:58 AM

>>>>>I just don't understand that.,<<<<<

>>>>>Urm...what? Why?<<<<<<<

I am presuming this is asking for clarification of my assertion that gay fashion designers are being blamed by some quarters. Here is an article by Amanda Platell that lays a good case imo.

>>>>>How did we ever get to the stage where we allowed a small group of designers — however talented — to determine that this is what is beautiful in a woman?
    So step by step the elite of mostly gay designers has been creating catwalk designs for pre-pubescent teenagers, and each year wanting models who looked less and less like women.<<<<

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1360460/Andrej-Pejic-Fashions-ultimate-insult-women-man-dresses-woman.html#ixzz1l5TcszUX

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #10 - February 01, 2012, 01:45 AM

My comment was in response to this:
    I just don't understand that., Why the hell all these  fashion designers are gay...(well not all.. most of them) I am going to get hit by CEMB folks but I think Gay and lesbian people need help., One of those guys must undergo that sex change operation to live life happily or as happily as heterosexuals..

Also, if I might add, I think it's preposterous to say that being gay has anything to do with this. At all.

Reply #11 - February 01, 2012, 01:49 AM

My comment was in response to this:
    Also, if I might add, I think it's preposterous to say that being gay has anything to do with this. At all.

What is actually is "Gay" ., If gayism is nothing to do with sex then  what do the gay people want in life IF WE REMOVE that sexual attraction between the two dear Solara??

Reply #12 - February 01, 2012, 01:53 AM

In response to Solara question as to how being gay can be responsible

Older men have dirtier minds. Lol. Have you read how Amanda Platell advocates the assertion that gay fashion designers are culpable for the androgynous look of females on the catwalk. I think if it was straight men in control the women would be more curvier and wholesome, (like they appear in most other parts of the visual media) than having the bodies of young boys, albeit tall ones.

Reply #13 - February 01, 2012, 01:57 AM

What is actually is "Gay" ., If gayism is nothing to do with sex then  what do the gay people want in life IF WE REMOVE that sexual attraction between the two dear Solara??

If by "gayism" you mean homosexuality, you should realize that there is numerous evidence showing that this is inborn and rather natural in the animal kingdom. Not to mention there is nothing wrong with consenting adults doing as they please sexually in the privacy of their own homes, regardless of gender.

Also, weirdness in the fashion world exists, certainly. But I don't believe it has anything to do with the designers being gay. I think it has more to do with them just being a bit fucked in the head.  parrot

Reply #14 - February 01, 2012, 03:26 AM

If by "gayism" you mean homosexuality, you should realize that there is numerous evidence showing that this is inborn and rather natural in the animal kingdom. Not to mention there is nothing wrong with consenting adults doing as they please sexually in the privacy of their own homes, regardless of gender.

Also, weirdness in the fashion world exists, certainly. But I don't believe it has anything to do with the designers being gay. I think it has more to do with them just being a bit fucked in the head.  parrot

fucked in the head is a good one., I understand evolution and animal kingdom quite well  but we don't want human being to behave like animals do we dear Solara??

That is a good point "there is nothing wrong with consenting adults doing as they please sexually in the privacy of their own homes, regardless of gender."  but two points we need to explore a bit more..

1). Privacy of their homes., and 2) this age /consenting adult thing

What age group would you  consider for this Gay consenting adult thing?  I would like to push that too as high as 35 for both sexes ., would that be OK with you.,

Reply #15 - February 01, 2012, 04:18 AM

fucked in the head is a good one., I understand evolution and animal kingdom quite well  but we don't want human being to behave like animals do we dear Solara??

My dear, human beings are animals.

What age group would you  consider for this Gay consenting adult thing?  I would like to push that too as high as 35 for both sexes ., would that be OK with you.,

Well now you're being a pedant. The age sexual of maturity is a grey area, sure, but let's not fool ourselves. We know what a child is, and we know what an adult is.

Reply #16 - February 01, 2012, 05:05 AM

My dear, human beings are animals.

again i understand that Solara., Human beings are indeed evolved animal species but there is a difference between animals and human being , is it not??  We know well that animal got fucked up in the brain and didn't get evolved., other wise each biological species would have been sitting in front of computers  and teaching other animals..

Well now you're being a pedant. The age sexual of maturity is a grey area, sure, but let's not fool ourselves. We know what a child is, and we know what an adult is.

No some of them don't know who child is and what child is., ., otherwise a grown up 50/60  year olds   don't become pedophilia characters.. This fucked up in the brain is a serious problem Solara..

Reply #17 - February 01, 2012, 05:11 AM

Oy vey!  Roll Eyes

Reply #18 - February 01, 2012, 05:15 AM

Wow. Who knew yeezeevee was a closet homophobe.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #19 - February 01, 2012, 05:16 AM

ikr? Undecided

Reply #20 - February 01, 2012, 05:23 AM

Wow. Who knew yeezeevee was a closet homophobe.

no that is NOT homophobia allat.,

that is trying to understand the problem to make the world better for those who love each other for life as partners but happened to be same sex  dear allat..

Reply #21 - February 01, 2012, 05:32 AM

Umm. What? You can be a bit more coherent than that, yeezeevee. Blaming gay men for promoting anorexia? Are you fucking kidding me? The fashion industry has as many women as men, possibly more, and a ton of heteros. Hetero women like Anna Wintour and hetero men like Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. But hey, let's all blame Teh Evil Gayz for all the problems of the world any way we can.

As for pedophilia, way to go promoting really outdated myths about gay men that the Abrahamic religions had conditioned us all to believe in, even after we have supposedly shed those dogmas.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #22 - February 01, 2012, 05:42 AM

clap wo0t! Go allat!  grin12

Reply #23 - February 14, 2012, 03:58 PM

Not to mention there is nothing wrong with consenting adults doing as they please sexually in the privacy of their own homes, regardless of gender.

True, just wished it was just left in the privacy of their own homes, straight, gay, both, do what you like but why do the rest of us get to hear about it. Media, social networks etc.

Reply #24 - February 14, 2012, 04:11 PM

Umm. What? You can be a bit more coherent than that, yeezeevee. Blaming gay men for promoting anorexia? Are you fucking kidding me? The fashion industry has as many women as men, possibly more, and a ton of heteros. Hetero women like Anna Wintour and hetero men like Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. But hey, let's all blame Teh Evil Gayz for all the problems of the world any way we can.

As for pedophilia, way to go promoting really outdated myths about gay men that the Abrahamic religions had conditioned us all to believe in, even after we have supposedly shed those dogmas.

what ?   finmad finmad  where did allat go?   where did you get all that stuff..

No I am not homophobic.. heterophobic.. sexphobic.. islamophobic , allat phobic..

no phobia... i grew out of phobias.. I have some views and ideas on certain problems people face in their lives..

Reply #25 - February 14, 2012, 04:44 PM

True, just wished it was just left in the privacy of their own homes, straight, gay, both, do what you like but why do the rest of us get to hear about it. Media, social networks etc.

Because you live in a "free society". The rest of us have to listen to the whines and conspiracy theories of bigots... similarly you have to deal with sometimes coming across things you don't like. You can always just limit your time online or watching/listening to media.

Reply #26 - February 14, 2012, 04:47 PM

what ?   finmad finmad  where did allat go?   where did you get all that stuff..

No I am not homophobic.. heterophobic.. sexphobic.. islamophobic , allat phobic..

no phobia... i grew out of phobias.. I have some views and ideas on certain problems people face in their lives..

Well, I know lots of very happy, well adjusted, self aware and empowered LGBT people. What you were advocating above is forced medical interventions to "cure" gay people. That's been tried before and it does not work, not to mention, there is nothing to cure but the bigotry of people who can not deal with their own sexuality so want to impose their bigotry on others. You also insinuated that gay men are pedophiles. This is a blatant form of bigotry as pointed out in the research piece I posted in response. Besides, most child abusers do heterosexual acts with children... so what do you propose we do to straight men to "cure" them?

Reply #27 - February 14, 2012, 04:57 PM

The rest of us have to listen to the whines and conspiracy theories of bigots

LOL

Even so, do the whines and conspiracy theories affect the younger members of our free society. Sexualisation of the young is not a good thing imo.

Reply #28 - February 14, 2012, 04:59 PM

LOL

If the closemindedness fits...

Even so, do the whines and conspiracy theories affect the younger members of our free society. Sexualisation of the young is not a good thing imo.

Sure. So, what do you suggest we do to straight men, who are the majority of the people who sexualize and abuse children?

Reply #29 - February 14, 2012, 05:03 PM

And yes bigotry affects society in very bad ways. Worse than anything consenting adults do in their own lives are bigots and ignorant, insecure people who can't handle *other people* being free-er and more openminded than themselves.

Fuckin duh. Roll Eyes

• 12 3 ... 10 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »