Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy

(Read 39045 times)
  • 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy
     OP - January 13, 2012, 10:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOW41gVCkco

Hamza Tzortzis was in Pakistan and had a debate with Pervez Hoodbhoy yesterday. A video of the debate isn't up yet but here's what Hamza said about the debate on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/HamzaAndreasTzortzis/posts/349700101707097).

It has been a busy and exciting few days. Yesterday I gave a talk at UCI in Islamabad on the purpose of life. Straight after the talk we had to drive down to Lahore to participate in the debate on religion and rationality with Professor Hoodbhoy at LUMS. I presented the rational foundations for Islam while expressing empathy on valid concerns the Professor has written about concerning religion and science. However, the Professor's presentation lacked any substance, his content was full of logical fallacies and misrepresented my arguments. He did not breakdown any of my arguments and he continued his monologue even though I had addressed and clarified his contentions multiple times. Towards the end of the discussion he walked out of the lecture theatre, most probably due to the fact that he had no substance and was exposed for his irrational and fallacious thinking. Today I gave a talk at an Islamic university in Faisalabad presenting the need to engage and how to respond to key atheist/secular contentions. I also delivered a workshop at a mosque. The day ended with a private dinner with over 20 of the leading medical doctors in Faisalabad. I delivered the dinner speech and discussed the need for intellectual engagement, and what we can do to counter secular and atheist narratives emerging in the Muslim world, specifically Pakistan. Tomorrow is another busy day. I'll update you later.

• Re: Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy
     Reply #1 - January 13, 2012, 10:54 AM

Just read through the comments and Hamza Tzortzis made a serious accusation against Hoodbhoy:
    Quote from: Hamza Tzortzis
    By the way, he does not believe in Islam as you will see when the video comes out.

Reply #2 - January 13, 2012, 11:16 AM

Hamza is either incredibly naive, or incredibly evil.  I suspect the latter.  How dare he "challange" one of the few preeminent intellectuals in Pakistan.  One of the few voices of reason in that fast declining country.

He is putting the professors life in direct danger by saying things like... "By the way, he does not believe in Islam as you will see when the video comes out".

Pervez Hoodbhoy is worth a million Hamza Tzortzis'.

Pervez Amirali Hoodbhoy (b. 1950) is one of South Asia’s leading nuclear physicists and perhaps Pakistan’s preeminent intellectual. Bearer of a Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology , he is chairman of the department of physics at Quaid-e-Azam University in Islamabad where, as a high-energy physicist, he carries out research into quantum field theory and particle phenomenology. He has also been a visiting professor at the University of Maryland, College Park, and was visiting professor at MIT and Stanford. For some time, he has been a frequent contributor to Britain’s leading intellectual journal, Prospect. His extracurricular activities include a vocal opposition to the political philosophy of Islamism. He also writes about the self-enforced backwardness of the Muslim world in science, technology, trade, and education. His many articles and television documentaries have made a lasting impact on debate about education, Islam, and secularism in Pakistan. Denis MacEoin interviewed him by e-mail in October 2009.

http://secularpakistan.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/pervez-amirali-hoodbhoy-islam-and-science-have-parted-ways/

Reply #3 - January 13, 2012, 12:16 PM

Hamza is either incredibly naive, or incredibly evil.  I suspect the latter.  How dare he "challange" one of the few preeminent intellectuals in Pakistan.  One of the few voices of reason in that fast declining country.

He is putting the professors life in direct danger by saying things like... "By the way, he does not believe in Islam as you will see when the video comes out".

Pervez Hoodbhoy is worth a million Hamza Tzortzis'.

Hoodbhoy shouldn't have wasted his time with Tzortzis. I hope Hoodbhoy won't suffer the same fate as Salman Taseer.
     Reply #4 - January 13, 2012, 12:24 PM

I'm getting sick of this pompous shit getting so much support from narrow minded Muslims and his acting isn't hard to see through that he acts like a complete predator. I have considerable respect for Mr. Hoodbhoy since I have read his articles in the past and it won't be difficult to expose Hamza's charlatanry. I'm getting considerably sickened by Hamza's existence considering his encounter with PZ Myers showed his illiteracy in various aspects and they he enjoys making a mockery of everything else just to win and beat his chest over it. I'm glad that Hazrat didn't debate this idiot.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #5 - January 13, 2012, 12:24 PM

Hoodbhoy shouldn't have wasted his time with Tzortzis. I hope Hoodbhoy won't suffer the same fate as Salman Taseer.

I hope Mr. Hoodbhoy leaves the country.

[Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #6 - January 13, 2012, 12:55 PM

So one of the remaining rational, secular minded scientists in public life in Pakistan is being takfir'd by a British Greek convert dawah liar?

The same kind of takfir that could put his life at risk?

Whilst Hamza has all the benefits of living in comfort in Britain where he is free and safe to spin his lies to his mob of desperate, pathetic supporters and Professor Hoodhbhoy struggles in a place where his kind of public intellectual takes his life in his hands just for speaking up for rationality, secularism, and science?

What a vile, vile creep.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #7 - January 13, 2012, 12:57 PM

I hope Mr. Hoodbhoy leaves the country.

It was a terrible mistake on part of Prof. Pervez Hoodbhoy  for agreeing to debate with THIS IDIOT in public...
    However, the Professor's presentation lacked any substance, his content was full of logical fallacies and misrepresented my arguments. He did not breakdown any of my arguments and he continued his monologue even though I had addressed and clarified his contentions multiple times. Towards the end of the discussion he walked out of the lecture theatre, most probably due to the fact that he had no substance and was exposed for his irrational and fallacious thinking

I hope Hoodbhoy  didn't say anything against Muhammad  and Quran.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieir1w3F4P0

a nice Physics  lecture in Urdu from him

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - January 13, 2012, 01:19 PM

It was a terrible mistake on part of Prof. Pervez Hoodbhoy  for agreeing to debate with THIS IDIOT in public...

He was obviously lulled into it by the pseudo-intellectually speaking Hamza with phrases like "positively engage" and "intellectual dialogue" and all that.

Reply #9 - January 13, 2012, 01:23 PM

This guy is called Perverse Hood-boi? Sheeeeeet. Cheesy

Yeah that's my contribution to this thread. Until next time. poof
     Reply #10 - January 13, 2012, 01:27 PM

This guy is called Perverse Hood-boi? Sheeeeeet. Cheesy

Yeah that's my contribution to this thread. Until next time. poof

booooo

[Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #11 - January 13, 2012, 01:35 PM

If anything happens to Dr Hoodbhoy, that toad Hamza should be prosecuted!  finmad

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #12 - January 13, 2012, 01:40 PM

If something happens to Hoodbhoy, I'm going to seriously consider joining the CIA and fucking these guys' shit up big time.

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #13 - January 13, 2012, 01:52 PM

If something happens to Hoodbhoy, I'm going to seriously consider joining the CIA and fucking these guys' shit up big time.

well we need to keep close eye on internet forums including this

Lahore :................................................

Though, LUMS was off and there were other activities going on, so audience by number were less, but balanced, there were even many atheists who turned up. There was few Atheists professors, whom i assume to be friends of Dr. Hoodboy and few muslims teachers, but the seriousness of reasoning was still the same.

As Hamza started,he proved his point intellectually, explaining existence of God, coming to the Miraclous Quran, and then mentioning few of this things from Dr. Hoodboy`s book. . Whilst Dr. Hoodboy started praising Hamza, the way he spoke, and then said, what he talked doesn`t make sense, after that he mentioned few arguments that were based on current Muslim situation, Muslim world being at the receiving end, and trying to put Hamza down, in a way, that he was unaware of what he was talking about. The point of focus of all his arguments was revolving around Mullah bashing..

To prove his arguments to audiences, he even told hamza to write a formulae on the board. " These people don`t know anything of science , and yet the use it to reason, Are you a scientist ? ", said Dr. Hoodboy, not realizing who was his opponent, It wasn`t an ordinary Moulvi, it was Hamza, who very well turned the tables over, and asked Dr. Hoodboy to write a verse of the Quran, since he was commenting on Islam, unknowingly the real verses.. Just was Hamza couldn`t write a formulae, so couldn`t Hoodboy.
    As time passged, The debate, kept going interesting and serious.. People were deeply absorbed by the evidences of both speakers, audience of both sides, were supporting their speakers. Dr. Hoodboy had never seen such a guy before, he was unlike Pakistani Mullah`s he use to debate on Tv. Soon, he realized, it was tough game, he had started.

I realised his expressions were getting serious and he was getting annoyed, by Hamza`s way of deliverence.

According to my understanding, Dr. Hoodboy was confined to sceince only, whilst hamza was talking about things other then science, rationality, based on psychology, on society, on moral norms and values.. Hamza kept on quoting books, written by various westerners.. , which Prof. Hoodboy wasn`t aware of, so he had no answers for them.

Dr. Hoodboy insisted to forgo the rebuttle session, and insisted that direct Q/A session should be conducted. But his request was declined. After rebuttle, came the Q/A sessions, few people asked amazing questions from both the speakers, which enabled people to cheer. some of them were very tricky and trapping. and how couldn`t it be? It was Lums afterall, one of the most intellectual places of the World

During the Q/A session, unfortunately, the debate starting turning a little personal. It`d be biased if, i`d express my feelings, on the issue., so i`d wait for you to see the video and decide on, who was right and who was wrong.

Prof. Hoodboy, angerly said " Hamza You are a liar " .. I`m not talking to you, .. he stood up, and stormed out of the room. .. followed by His assistant prof, who too walked out of the room, saying : " Shame on you Hamza " ..- everyone got serious..

While they`re walking away, another teacher from Lums, Shouted. "
    They`re the Guests at LUMS, this is how you show hospitality.. Is this how you Value your guests ?"

Sure there are plenty of enemies of dr.Hoodboy with in LUMS in the department of beards & baboons  

Reply #14 - January 13, 2012, 02:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFXZAEqhiWo

Hamza Tzortzis Islambradford 2011 Winter Conference
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBbc2S1_10

Hmmm... Islamobradford.,   I want to see  Hamza Tortoise  transforming London  in to Londonisthan  or make it as Lundisthan  or Go to Greece make it as Greasethan..  Rascal ...

Leave Pakistan and people of Pakistan alone..

Reply #15 - January 13, 2012, 02:18 PM

His beard looks like one of those fake joke ones.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #16 - January 13, 2012, 02:27 PM

hamza the fat bastard should be charged for inciting hoodbhoys death, he thinks he's sly, but he clearly knows what the law is in pakistan regard apostacy.
     Reply #17 - January 13, 2012, 03:10 PM

department of beards & baboons  

Cheesy

Sometimes you over do it, yeezevee.

- John Keats
     Reply #18 - January 13, 2012, 03:54 PM

Hamza Tortoise and Adnan "thumma" Rashid were on Morning With Farah on ATV channel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J4bFvbpYPM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdXW-Dhw3tk

Reply #19 - January 13, 2012, 04:15 PM

Shahid Raza:

These two baboons went to a country primarily destroyed by Islamic fundamentalism to shit-talk the values which the society that they came from is build on (secularism, democracy, individual autonomy, rule of law, human rights etc)?

If they love sharia, why dont they move to Saudi Arabia? Why still live in the "decadent" West?

- John Keats
     Reply #20 - January 13, 2012, 04:58 PM

hamza tzortis got deleted from wikipedia becos he wasnt considered important enoough  Cheesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Hamza_Andreas_Tzortzis

love this line, where hamza gets owned:

"this guy is without any relevance in public life or science."

also LOL at that twat jamshed (who looks like one-eyed-willie form the goonies with a beard)from iera claiming hamza has had dialouges with dawkins n myers to make him look credible.......yeh cos going up to people in the street really counts as intellectual dialougue  Roll Eyes
     Reply #21 - January 13, 2012, 05:36 PM

Shahid Raza:

These two baboons went to a country primarily destroyed by Islamic fundamentalism to shit-talk the values which the society that they came from is build on (secularism, democracy, individual autonomy, rule of law, human rights etc)?

If they love sharia, why dont they move to Saudi Arabia? Why still live in the "decadent" West?

(a) Because all the world belongs to Allah and it is their duty to convert the jahil west into Pakistan / Saudi Arabian type societies structured around Islam

(b) They are not hypocrites - only the kuffar describe this as hypocrisy because they are wilfully denying the truth and are in denial

God is Love.

Reply #22 - January 13, 2012, 05:41 PM

Hamza Tortoise and Adnan "thumma" Rashid were on Morning With Farah on ATV channel...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdXW-Dhw3tk

yes.. Adnan "thumma"  Dumma Rashid ., Rascal never got his high school Diploma but becomes Professor in the Hittin Islamic  Institute of bears with beards and potbelly

In the year 2005 one of the worst disasters struck Pakistan. An earthquake measuring 7 on the richter scale destroyed many cities in the northern parts of the country and some of the neighbourhoods were turned upside down. This disaster was unprecedented, it was the first time in the entire recorded history of the region that a natural disaster of such magnitude was witnessed. People simply couldn't understand why this had happened. Some suggested that this was a punishment from God due to the corruption of the masses, others blamed the rulers (and their corruption) for angering God, and some claimed it was a test. Whatever the cause of the disaster, people did learn that an effective system was needed to cope with such a catastrophe. A system that would ensure that the delivery of aid was carried out justly to all needy who required it.........................

In early August 2010, another natural disaster struck Pakistan on an unprecedented scale. Massive floods swept through the northern parts of the country making their way towards the south, destroying every city on the way. Thousands of people lost their lives and more are expected to die. . .
    ............... Secondly, the solution for the whole mess is not appointing trustworthy officers in place, rather the solution lies in replacing the current system altogether with a tested successful code of life. If Sharia law (Islamic law), in the form of the Caliphate, was governing the affairs of Pakistan, we would not have seen what we are witnessing today. ............

One of the worst famines occurred in the time of the 2nd Caliph of Islam, Umar bin Khattab (may God be pleased with him). During this famine he was patrolling the streets in person so that everyone was fed from the Baitul Maal adequately. He came across a lady living in the outskirts of the city of Medina with her children. The children were crying and Umar asked what the matter was? The woman complained stating that she and her children were hungry and she exclaimed that she will hold Umar accountable (she was not aware that she was speaking to Umar, the Caliph at the time). Upon hearing this, the 2nd Caliph was shaken and rushed towards the Baitul Maal to fetch the required necessities. His servant insisted that he should carry the luggage, however Umar refused, saying that "you will not carry my luggage on the day of judgment". Such were the Muslim leaders and their thoughts. Umar came to the lady, cooked the food personally, and waited until the children had gone to sleep after they had a fill.[3] Where are such leaders today?

Yap let us get some Caliph system in Pakistan but I live in London to tell stupid stories of early  Islam..

Pathetic stories and Pathetic comparisons of Pakistan today verses some early Islamic war monger  Umar/Sharia law and flying Carpets..

Reply #23 - January 15, 2012, 03:29 PM

You sure about that, last I heard the CIA were spoon feeding Jihadists in Libya.
     Reply #24 - January 15, 2012, 05:59 PM

Farah has a major crush on Hamza. Wink

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #25 - January 15, 2012, 06:18 PM

Farah has a major crush on Hamza. Wink

I am not sure about Farah  crush but that rascal  Adnan   Rashid  lying out  of his teeth all over..

Reply #26 - January 16, 2012, 04:35 AM

wow this guy's arguments are pathetic. straw man after straw man.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #27 - January 16, 2012, 04:01 PM

I just don't understand why Muslims cannot between them, muster up a single semi intelligent spokesperson for Islam.

Every single one of them is a complete buffoon.
     Reply #28 - January 18, 2012, 05:42 AM

Living here in Australia, where Multiculturalism, Secularism, Liberal Democracy and Capitalism has worked it makes me angry when big shot tzortzis thinks liberalism and capitalism is a disease. I honestly believe the disease in the arab and muslim world is Islam. Anywhere you have a liberal democratic country who takes power and control? the islamists. Why do you think there are tyrants in the muslim world, the only way to deal with islamists is to other jail them and kill them. If they live they start whining about the evil tyrants, yet dismiss the idea of the first tyrants in islamic history, the rasool himself. Shame on hamza and the rest of the islamists for trying fuck things up in pakistan.
     Reply #29 - January 18, 2012, 01:20 PM

Shame on hamza and the rest of the islamists for trying fuck things up in pakistan.

I think things have already been fucked up in Pakistan.

Its in Britain and other secular liberal democracies that the likes of Hamza feel their fertile destiny of saving through Islam fucking things up lies.

Of course this is all relative - Islamists aim to fuck up Muslims living in secular liberal societies like Britain first and foremost. Muslims are the first victims of these creeps.

God is Love.

• 12 3 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »