Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy

(Read 39139 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hamza Tzortzis vs Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy
     Reply #60 - February 28, 2012, 01:09 AM

I love how Hamza added biased footnotes in the video.  He did the same thing in the video with PZ Myers, Maryam and Dawkins.

Also at the end Hamza mentions they have Skype debates every week.  I recall him chickening out of a Skype debate with The Rationalizer...

Reply #61 - February 28, 2012, 04:49 AM

"shame on you. shut up!"

lol.  

the debate was worth it just for that

that is exactly how these fools should be dealt with.

i like the colour of hamza's jumper. But has he always been this chubby?

I believe it's all muscle.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #62 - February 28, 2012, 10:39 AM

Hamza is upping the ante.  He just posed this on his facebook...

Hamza Andreas Tzortzis
    "Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy is a liar. I am shocked how he has misrepresented our discussion. He has a produced a video that is full of lies. It is a great shame that such a well established Professor and author continues to embarrass himself. Like most politicised atheists/secularists he obviously has an agenda. However, anyone who watches the discussion will realise how he failed to engage with an...y of the rational arguments put forward for the veracity of Islam. The irony is that at the beginning of the discussion, I told him I agreed with him on various issues concerning science and religion. I read his whole book in the car on the way to the debate and expressed which points I agreed with, I tried to empathise with his position. But unfortunately the only way I can explain Professor Hoodbhoy's antics is that he is probably still feeling the effects of how our discussion exposed his irrational thinking, his misrepresentations of the Islamic tradition, and his inability to engage with rational Muslims. If I have time I may post a video response."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu0njkYqgFQ

Reply #63 - February 28, 2012, 11:21 AM

Hamza is upping the ante.  He just posed this on his facebook...

Hamza Andreas Tzortzis
    "Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy is a liar. I am shocked how he has misrepresented our discussion. He has a produced a video that is full of lies. It is a great shame that such a well established Professor and author continues to embarrass himself. Like most politicised atheists/secularists he obviously has an agenda. However, anyone who watches the discussion will realise how he failed to engage with an...y of the rational arguments put forward for the veracity of Islam. The irony is that at the beginning of the discussion, I told him I agreed with him on various issues concerning science and religion. I read his whole book in the car on the way to the debate and expressed which points I agreed with, I tried to empathise with his position. But unfortunately the only way I can explain Professor Hoodbhoy's antics is that he is probably still feeling the effects of how our discussion exposed his irrational thinking, his misrepresentations of the Islamic tradition, and his inability to engage with rational Muslims. If I have time I may post a video response."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu0njkYqgFQ

Hmm where did you get that video Shahid?? Is that you or rationalizee ?? I guess it is on video chat...

Ha! This childish fool with baboon beard on his face and in brain trying to empathize with "Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy who taught physics to  1000s of students at LUIMS??  
    This glass eyed dope faced fool who converted in to Islam 10 years back lying all over that tube trying to teach Islam to  "Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy"?  

That is exactly the problem with Islam and the IDIOTS preaching Islam..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #64 - February 28, 2012, 11:27 AM

The phrase 'don't wrestle with a pig because you only end getting dirty yourself' was never more appropriate.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #65 - February 28, 2012, 12:42 PM

Hamza Andreas Tzortzis
    "Like most politicised atheists/secularists he obviously has an agenda.

Cheesy

Can't make that stuff up.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #66 - February 28, 2012, 03:15 PM

I wouldn't say he got owned per se. Because straight after Hamza asked him to write something in arabic (Or explanation of something like that) and Hoodbhoy couldn't. So I'd say it evened out.

Your stupid thank you for, further confirming this. The discussion was not about Arabic, it was in English about Qu'ran and Science, if you're going to use an argument to justify your position based on science you clearly have to understand the scientific formula, which you're using to justify and validate your argument. PH never debated on the subject or Arabic or used Arabic to justify his argument. Why am I even responding to your troll ass?
     Reply #67 - February 28, 2012, 03:16 PM

all these hamza groupies slating hoodbhoys credibility

erm wasnt it hamza who made the youtube video begging hoodbhoy to debate him  Cheesy
     Reply #68 - February 28, 2012, 03:40 PM

And that's what debates are chiefly about: oratory skills.
    Knowing the subject matter alone isn't going to win you a debate.

+1, I don't care for formal debates. It literally disgusts me watching William Lane Craig's showmanship and sophistry.

Hamza's simply an inferior WLC clone IMO, and seems devoid of integrity.
     Reply #69 - February 28, 2012, 03:57 PM

Does the Qu'ran say the earth is like an ostrich egg, or that like the place were the ostrich lays its egg.

Reply #70 - February 28, 2012, 04:13 PM

Does the Qu'ran say the earth is like an ostrich egg, or that like the place were the ostrich lays its egg.

my lord.. king help me out here., I want to convert that debate in word file.. Any suggestions on voice recolonization programs and how to make that in to a word file.. then we can beat the shit out of these fools..

The horrible thing at the end of that debate I hear Allah hooo akbaar noise .. That makes me sick., these idiots call a fool to Pakistan and then insulting one of the personalities of Pakistan

Reply #71 - February 28, 2012, 04:17 PM

I remember being very suspicious that Hamza was hiding something when he originally described the events. He portrayed the final drama to his fans in his original FB post, on 12 Jan, soon after the debate, with just these words:

"...Towards the end of the discussion he walked out of the lecture theatre, most probably due to the fact that he had no substance and was exposed for his irrational and fallacious thinking..."
     Reply #72 - February 28, 2012, 04:20 PM

Ostrich Egg argument, addressing the Islamic woman at the end:

Ostrich egg does not look anything like the earth, also the Qu'ran does not say it looks like an ostrich egg, it says its like were the ostrich lays its egg. Before the Ostrich lays its eggs it flats out the land, so if anything the Qu'ran is saying the earth is flat, flattened out, and then mountains are placed on it so that it does not move flap in the wind.

When the female ostrich fears a danger threatening her egg, she immediately digs into the sand to hide the egg, then "tadhoo" (flattens) the earth above it, so that it would not be seen by the vultures of the air who are always in search of such a delicacy for their next meal. Therefore, the word "al-udhu'wa" is used as a name of the ostrich egg since it is something (with the sand) flattened (over it). That is where the name came from. The Arabic dictionary never states that the verb "da'ha" means "made round" or "made in the shape of the egg of an ostrich".

[79:31] وَٱلۡأَرۡضَ بَعۡدَ ذَٲلِكَ دَحَٮٰهَا[] And the earth, along with it, He spread forth.

The word "Daha" has a couple meanings in Arabic: to even out, to roll, to spread/extend, cause to become egg shaped.

Now, the "ha" suffix means "it". So when you say "Dahaha" it translates to a few things (depending on context): Rolled it out, expanded it, evened it out, spread forth or made egg-shaped.

If you choose the egg-shaped translation it makes the verse nonsensical in my opinion.

The Earth is an oblate spheroid, an ostrich egg is a prolate spheroid. The two deformations from spherical are actually the opposite of one another. Describing the Earth as an ostrich egg is further from reality than describing it as a sphere.

The oblate spheroid is the approximate shape of many planets and celestial bodies, including Saturn and Altair, and – to a lesser extent – the Earth (with a = 6378.137 km and b ≈ 6356.752 km, providing an aspect ratio of 0.99664717, a flattening of 0.003352859934, and inverse flattening of 298.2572). It is therefore the most-used geometric figure for defining reference ellipsoids, upon which cartographic and geodetic systems are based.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblate_spheroid

Egg shape
    The shape of a chicken egg is approximately that of half each a prolate and a roughly spherical (potentially even minorly oblate) ellipsoid joined at the equator, sharing a principal axis of rotational symmetry.

-  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsoid#Egg_shape

An ostrich egg is similar in shape to a chicken egg, though slightly less pronounced in its deformation.

The quran makes plenty of scientific errors on the topic of embryology. It claims that the sperm turns into congealed blood. It does not, the sperm is merged with the egg, which despite being the first cell of the body, is mysteriously absent from the quran's "scientific" explanation.

The Earth is not a perfect sphere, so the distance to the center of the Earth varies from 6378 km (3963 miles) at the equator to 6357 km (3950 miles) at the poles.

http://helios.gsfc.nasa.gov/qa_earth.html#centerearth

So the average radius is half way between the two extremes (3956.5 miles). This means that the Earth's deformation (which, remember, is a deformation further away from ostrich egg shaped) is, as a ratio of its average radius: 6.5:3956.5. Or, for percentage fans: 0.16%. So the deformation from spherical is less than a fifth of one percent. Which is considerably less than the deformation from spherical of the majority of tennis balls, let alone an ostrich egg. Consider then (again) that that deformation is a deformation further away from the prolate shape of an ostrich egg, and you can begin to see how utterly hopeless the ostrich egg statement is.

Here a nail in the coffin if you take away earths atmosphere here is what you see:  

it's a fucking potato shape!  Wink
     Reply #73 - February 28, 2012, 05:09 PM

Your stupid thank you for, further confirming this. The discussion was not about Arabic, it was in English about Qu'ran and Science, if you're going to use an argument to justify your position based on science you clearly have to understand the scientific formula, which you're using to justify and validate your argument. PH never debated on the subject or Arabic or used Arabic to justify his argument. Why am I even responding to your troll ass?

WTF dude, calm the fuck down, brah.

Also on another note; I think Hoodbhoy made a good decision to walk out while Hamza was throwing those allegations at him. It will make it seem like Hoodhoy was genuinely pissed off because of Hamza's allegations and as such will not make him look like as if he's 'against' the 'Muslim world'.
     Reply #74 - February 28, 2012, 06:15 PM

The dude who questioned at 1:40:00 made a brilliant concise rebuttal to Hamza's Quran miracle argument.

It's so simple that it frustrates me that more people don't point it out; the normative structure of language is a social construct, because Muhammad may have transcended a social construct means jack squat.
     Reply #75 - February 28, 2012, 06:46 PM

I'm gonna make a vid showing the professor exposing hamza's dishonesty by asking him to demonstrate his knowledge of the scientific arguments he's using. I have no love for Hamza's antics anymore.

The typical muslim response seems to be; the Prof didn't address Hamza's argument, and he stormed out because he was frustrated.

I wrote a reply to one of these response because I think the Prof. deserves defending...

The debate was about religion and rationality, he wasn't obliged to debunk Hamza's argument. He simply had to stay on topic. Hamza wanted to 'control' the debate, the Prof was wise enough to not let that happen, and he pointed out Hamza's dishonesty by pointing out that he is ignorant of scientific arguments that he's using. Hamza said the Prof hates the muslim world in a muslim majority country, with known problems with violent extremists - I'd be pissed off too.

Reply #76 - February 28, 2012, 07:37 PM

I just had a 2nd look at the ending and spotted something. At 1hr 46 mins 50 seconds, P. Hoodbhoy calmly says "this will be the last one" (i.e. this will have to be the last question) and gives his final answer just before Hamza's accusations start.

So Muslim suggestions that Hoodbhoy was "running away" because he couldn't handle the debate are easily debunked as the obvious garbage they are. It was about to end anyway so their accusation makes no sense.
     Reply #77 - February 28, 2012, 08:00 PM

After this debate  all respect I had for Tzortzis is now gone. I'm very pissed off at Hamza Tzortzis on his latest Facebook status accusing Professor Hoodbhoy of lying, and his followers are so brainwashed. Deep inside the Tzortzis fucktard knows he is lying and that Hoodbhoy is innocent, he is just doing all this to get more followers and use Hoodbhoy's popularity to get more noticed.
     Reply #78 - February 28, 2012, 08:08 PM

After this debate  all respect I had for Tzortzis is now gone. I'm very pissed off at Hamza Tzortzis on his latest Facebook status accusing Professor Hoodbhoy of lying, and his followers are so brainwashed. Deep inside the Tzortzis fucktard knows he is lying and that Hoodbhoy is innocent, he is just doing all this to get more followers and use Hoodbhoy's popularity to get more noticed.

Hmm.,   well with all the respect you had to this fellow, send this  IMRAN FIRASAT petition to him and his Pakistani gang Tmp

I like that sound...  Mundo Sin Islam..........Mundo Sin Islam..........Mundo Sin Islam  It has some spin..

apparently that is Spanish language.. Spaniards are always one step ahead of rest of the world when it comes to Islam.  Incidentally Imran also of Pakistani Origin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jio2HjX0IFA

Reply #79 - February 28, 2012, 08:22 PM

Hmm.,   well with all the respect you had to this fellow, send this  IMRAN FIRASAT petition to him and his Pakistani gang Tmp

I like that sound...  Mundo Sin Islam..........Mundo Sin Islam..........Mundo Sin Islam  It has some spin..

apparently that is Spanish language.. Spaniards are always one step ahead of rest of the world when it comes to Islam.  Incidentally Imran also of Pakistani Origin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jio2HjX0IFA

His song is so relaxing. But unfortunately I just checked on Google and apparently this Pakistani Ex-Muslim guy stabbed and chopped a man in Indonesia into pieces.  wacko

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/foreigner-wanted-for-gruesome-murder-in-indonesia-arrested-by-spanish-police/408675
     Reply #80 - February 28, 2012, 08:26 PM

His song is so relaxing. But unfortunately I just checked on Google and apparently this Pakistani Ex-Muslim guy stabbed and chopped a man in Indonesia into pieces.  wacko

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/home/foreigner-wanted-for-gruesome-murder-in-indonesia-arrested-by-spanish-police/408675

Damn..  give Islam bad name in every way fuck it in every angle..  rascals..

holly allah doll ., what the hell... that guy is all over Spanish you tube..   there is something fishy here..

Reply #81 - February 28, 2012, 08:40 PM

Damn..  give Islam bad name in every way fuck it in every angle..  rascals..

holly allah doll ., what the hell... that guy is all over Spanish you tube..   there is something fishy here..

There are more details here. Looks like he also copied music from Bombay Vikings - Angel Eyes.

Original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt4S0rVF11g

Copy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbHe1vBHC_E
     Reply #82 - February 28, 2012, 09:04 PM

There are more details here. Looks like he also copied music from Bombay Vikings - Angel Eyes.

Original:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt4S0rVF11g

Copy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbHe1vBHC_E

well I am not sure whom to believe and whom not right now.. but there is something fishy with these Indonesian links .. Why would a guy with 50 million or so Indonesian rupees from his kidnapping victor.. whatever  and with all the criminal proceedings on his name he is doing this at his web site ??

Is it not safer for this guy to go and join some Taliban or  some  somalia pirates and live happier life?? Is he Indian?? with some Indian mafia connections?? which part of Pakistan is he from?? whole thing is fishy....

Reply #83 - February 28, 2012, 09:12 PM

well I am not sure whom to believe and whom not right now.. but there is something fishy with these Indonesian links .. Why would a guy with 50 million or so Indonesian rupees from his kidnapping victor.. whatever  and with all the criminal proceedings on his name he is doing this at his web site ??

Is it not safer for this guy to go and join some Taliban or  some  somalia pirates and live happier life?? Is he Indian?? with some Indian mafia connections?? which part of Pakistan is he from?? whole thing is fishy....

I agree it is fishy. He's still posting on his site and making YouTube videos.
     Reply #84 - February 28, 2012, 09:27 PM

Here's the vid I made...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB7xeoKqo4I
     Reply #85 - February 28, 2012, 09:28 PM

I just had a 2nd look at the ending and spotted something. At 1hr 46 mins 50 seconds, P. Hoodbhoy calmly says "this will be the last one" (i.e. this will have to be the last question) and gives his final answer just before Hamza's accusations start.

So Muslim suggestions that Hoodbhoy was "running away" because he couldn't handle the debate are easily debunked as the obvious garbage they are. It was about to end anyway so their accusation makes no sense.

Thanks for mentioning that, I made sure I put that clip in. Afro
     Reply #86 - February 28, 2012, 09:42 PM

strangestdude   What this baboon boy and his group of Muslim  thugs from LUMS were  trying to project to Pakistani public was,  "that  Professor Pervez Hoodbhoy is  not Muslim enough in  Pakistan."

This is how ROGUE Muslims played the game of "Me Real Muslim" through out the history of Islam..  Clearly if Hoodbhoy didn't get out that room  with emotions flying around ther is every chance some Rogue Mullah put fatwa on his head..

Reply #87 - February 28, 2012, 09:51 PM

It was me who did the video with the professor.

Now all my comments and my response video have been deleted on the youthclubpk video.
    Suddenly, all comments have been disabled and they are enforcing censorship.

Instead, these fanboys are now on my channel, spewing hatred and nonsense.

I am in the process of making a follow-up video, clarifying - or trying to clarify - some issues, showing how Hamza is a total douche.

-- Abdul Ala al-Ma'arri --
    There are two classes of men: intelligent men without religion and religious men without intelligence.
     Reply #88 - February 28, 2012, 09:54 PM

I just want to say while you're here, I love your videos-fantastic, I especially love the way you talk-I find the videos hilarious yet good as background talk.

Keep up the good work.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #89 - February 28, 2012, 10:00 PM

It was me who did the video with the professor.

Now all my comments and my response video have been deleted on the youthclubpk video.
    Suddenly, all comments have been disabled and they are enforcing censorship.

Instead, these fanboys are now on my channel, spewing hatred and nonsense.

I am in the process of making a follow-up video, clarifying - or trying to clarify - some issues, showing how Hamza is a total douche.

I'm looking forward to it. I lost any respect I had for Hamza after watching the debate.

I really like your channel too, great stuff.
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »