Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello and I am sad

(Read 4055 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello and I am sad
     OP - December 25, 2011, 03:41 AM

I left Islam but I'm sticking to the culture for now because I don't want to abandon my relations. I've detoxed; I've left my old Muslim friends and only kept around those who are chill, liberal and moderate. But still the fear exists that I will be caught one day and murdered even though I suppose this fear is irrational since I live in a secular society though not one in 'the West'. I want to shake them and ask them why they continue to be in this ridiculous religion but I am also envious of their faith and ability to confidently go through life harmoniously marrying secular concepts with backward beliefs.

I can't participate in debates, I'm sick of doing that. But I do love reading the threads here and learning so much.
  • Re: Hello and I am sad
     Reply #1 - December 25, 2011, 06:05 AM

Welcome!  parrot

Sorry about your situation. A lot of us here can relate. Hopefully you'll enjoy your stay here.  Smiley

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #2 - December 25, 2011, 06:16 AM

Welcome.

I hope you do not stay sad.  bunny

I do envy Muslims who have no problems living their life and being okay with Islam and things as they are. They get to be normal.. have normal lives with their families and actually be happy while as for me, I have "chosen" the harder path.

Then again I've never been 'normal.' Fuck being normal.  Afro

Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
     Reply #3 - December 25, 2011, 07:01 AM

Hello and don't be sad!

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #4 - December 25, 2011, 09:03 AM

I left Islam but I'm sticking to the culture for now because I don't want to abandon my relations. I've detoxed; I've left my old Muslim friends and only kept around those who are chill, liberal and moderate. But still the fear exists that I will be caught one day and murdered even though I suppose this fear is irrational since I live in a secular society though not one in 'the West'. I want to shake them and ask them why they continue to be in this ridiculous religion but I am also envious of their faith and ability to confidently go through life harmoniously marrying secular concepts with backward beliefs.

I can't participate in debates, I'm sick of doing that. But I do love reading the threads here and learning so much.

I can understand this fear which is almost common with everyone except i dont live in West but in a secular country filled with dogmatic follower,thats why i no longer travel to my hometown because i couldnt trust anyone over there.

Also you shouldnt be sad, you should see this as a good thing and accept it as a good omen,you have evolved.

Welcome to the forum Smiley

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #5 - December 25, 2011, 02:01 PM

Welcome to the forum! No need tp be dad as Naija already wrote. You cleaned up your network and as long as you don't tell to many others about your apostasy you will be fine I think. Let me cheer you up with a parrot!  parrot

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #6 - December 26, 2011, 01:04 PM

Hey, I think it's because you're in a minority. Not because you're envying their faith... Being in a minority always sucks..
    I hope someday you can meet and be with minded-like people.. For me, i'm also a minority, but I can hide it very well, and actually, I'm pretty comfortable being alone, hehe.. Internet, work, etc, can make me busy.. Smiley
     Reply #7 - December 26, 2011, 03:10 PM

Welcome to this forum! I'm sad too but we shouldn't be! Here have a bunny! bunny

"Children of Abel, Children of Cain
     Can live in harmony, without shame
     The keys that I grant thee, The Sacred Land
     Are dry desert sand on the palm of your hand
     Without the water, the wisdom of past
     Will run through your fingers, forgotten so fast"
     Reply #8 - December 26, 2011, 04:08 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Please dont be sad. I dont like sadness.

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #9 - December 31, 2011, 04:50 AM

Thank you everybody, for the warm welcome. I have some good news, I am no longer sad. The knowledge that there are more and more apostates out there has made me content, if not happy. I have been reading almost all the threads in this forum since I last posted. Really, knowing that you guys exist, are real and communicating is very comforting to me. I am certainly not alone nor deluded as a nice Muslim recently accused me of being.

I've also found that my father share the same views though there are some parts that he didn't know. For example, he didn't know that Muhammad was a paedophile and was quite upset and disgusted when I told him about it. I feel heartened to know that someone I look up to and respect is an apostate as well. We had many long discussions about Islam keeping our people backward and stupid, and the necessity to break free from the shackles of religion.

I look forward to reading more fruitful threads here.  thnkyu
     Reply #10 - December 31, 2011, 05:43 AM

That's good to hear lydia!

"Children of Abel, Children of Cain
     Can live in harmony, without shame
     The keys that I grant thee, The Sacred Land
     Are dry desert sand on the palm of your hand
     Without the water, the wisdom of past
     Will run through your fingers, forgotten so fast"
     Reply #11 - December 31, 2011, 05:56 AM

That's wonderful, Lydia!

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #12 - January 01, 2012, 09:25 PM

Hi Lydialily,

There are around six million ex-muslims, many converted to Christianity, and many more converting to other religions or just atheism. If you want to know more about mohammed and his character, you can email me and I will send the link to you. I cannot post links here. There is another great site called apostates of islam and they are very informative too.
    ecommoford@yahoo.co.uk

Elizabeth.
     Reply #13 - January 02, 2012, 08:29 AM

If you want to know more about mohammed and his character, you can email me and I will send the link to you.

Yeah cause no one else here could give her such information.  Roll Eyes

I cannot post links here.

Thank Stalin you can't cause you sound like another religious spammer/preacher to me.

fuck you
     Reply #14 - January 06, 2012, 03:01 PM

Sorry I missed your intro-thread. I've seen one of your other posts and've come here to correct another of my mistakes.

I'm happy that you are no longer so sad and ... welcome!  Smiley As a fellow newbie I say isn't this a nice 'place'? Smiley

"And you, you are a fantasy, a view from where you'd like to think the world should see, just be true, and you will likely find a few building a vision, doing justice to our times."
    Roy Harper, addressing the doorstep evangelists, dawa-doers and other self-appointed representitives.
     Reply #15 - January 06, 2012, 03:11 PM

Yeah cause no one else here could give her such information.  Roll Eyes
    Thank Stalin you can't cause you sound like another religious spammer/preacher to me.

Think you just hit the nail on the head there mate. Well spotted. But we're not talking about you, Lydia.

and  thnkyu , Colonel, for making me laugh with "Thank Stalin..."  Cheesy

"And you, you are a fantasy, a view from where you'd like to think the world should see, just be true, and you will likely find a few building a vision, doing justice to our times."
    Roy Harper, addressing the doorstep evangelists, dawa-doers and other self-appointed representitives.
     Reply #16 - January 06, 2012, 04:22 PM

Hi Lydialily,

There are around six million ex-muslims, many converted to Christianity, and many more converting to other religions or just atheism. If you want to know more about mohammed and his character, you can email me and I will send the link to you. I cannot post links here. There is another great site called apostates of islam and they are very informative too.
    ecommoford@yahoo.co.uk

Elizabeth.

loloololololololllololololoolololololol

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #17 - January 06, 2012, 04:30 PM

Welcome to the forum my dear !  parrot parrot the sadness and confusing fades away after a while don't worry...

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #18 - January 06, 2012, 04:31 PM

Hi Lydialily,

ecommoford@yahoo.co.uk

Elizabeth.

Lydia
    ALL the information you want or need is on THIS site, including all possible links.

Not sure who elizzbeth is at this point, but rest assured you need go no further than
    CEMB for ALL the information you could want or need.  If you want info for something
    in particular, just ask us here, and we will get it for you.  Chances are theres already
    threads and links pertaining to it.

A warm welcome from the resident Jinn! LOL  ghost

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #19 - January 06, 2012, 04:33 PM

Ah yes.. Elizabeth the Jehova Witness Roll Eyes

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #20 - January 06, 2012, 08:09 PM

Lydia
    ALL the information you want or need is on THIS site, including all possible links.

Not sure who elizzbeth is at this point, but rest assured you need go no further than
    CEMB for ALL the information you could want or need.  If you want info for something
    in particular, just ask us here, and we will get it for you.  Chances are theres already
    threads and links pertaining to it.

A warm welcome from the resident Jinn! LOL  ghost

yeah, you belong to us now. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just kidding, welcome to the forum. oh and your dad sounds like some chilled out dude  Afro

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #21 - January 07, 2012, 02:43 AM

loloololololololllololololoolololololol

<3

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #22 - February 24, 2012, 07:29 PM

hai
     Reply #23 - February 28, 2012, 02:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QTiwVVV928

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »