Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Living Islam and Serving Humanity by Lauren Booth

(Read 4571 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Living Islam and Serving Humanity by Lauren Booth
     OP - December 17, 2011, 01:54 AM

Living Islam and  Serving Humanity by Lauren Booth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAqAqOfwdU0

and her sister's Husband says this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBLUP-ZBBaA

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Re: Living Islam and Serving Humanity by Lauren Booth
     Reply #1 - December 17, 2011, 01:00 PM

Purity, Simplicity & Balance by Dr. Ingrid Mattson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_BNv-XT_s

Ingrid Mattson (born 1963) is a Canadian Muslim convert professor and activist and a former president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).  She earned her Ph.D. in Islamic studies from the University of Chicago in 1999. She went on to be very active in educating Canadian Muslims to become active participants in Canadian society at large. She is now Director of the Duncan Black Macdonald Center for the Study of Islam and Christian-Muslim Relations and Professor of Islamic Studies and Christian-Muslim Relations at Hartford Seminary in Hartford, Connecticut.

She was born and raised in Kitchener, Ontario, and studied philosophy and fine arts at the University of Waterloo, Ontario. Raised as a Catholic, she ultimately abandoned religion "for good" during her teenage years,  in her senior year of college, she went to Paris and befriended several Muslim Senegalese, and in a year converted to Islam and began to wear the hijab. She had initially studied art, but later came to accept non-visual representation of individuals.

In 1987 she travelled to Pakistan where she worked with Afghan refugees for a year. There, she met and married a fellow volunteer Aamer Atek, an Egyptian engineer

And Tony Blair on Koran burning

Reply #2 - December 17, 2011, 01:18 PM

I am dissatisfied with western style of life, but there's nothing better I can look towards. In some sense western converts to Islam are lucky, they take their western perspective glasses and see Islam through those, and they see the good things and it's not tainted by some of the reality of the religion (and mixed with some eastern cultural background).

It reminds me of the red and blue pill from the matrix...wish I picked the one that keeps you under some illusion, there's no going back now.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #3 - December 17, 2011, 01:35 PM

I am dissatisfied with western style of life, but there's nothing better I can look towards. In some sense western converts to Islam are lucky, they take their western perspective glasses and see Islam through those, and they see the good things and it's not tainted by some of the reality of the religion (and mixed with some eastern cultural background).

It reminds me of the red and blue pill from the matrix...wish I picked the one that keeps you under some illusion, there's no going back now.

Indeed there is a problem.. serious problem in the present west family structure.

that tube at link says it all..

watch that video of Lauren Booth and what she says about her father.   Such people are potential candidates for brain wash.. specially Islamic brain wash..  Same thing goes to that Canadian  Ingrid Mattson .

People Must realize freedom come with responsibility ..lots of responsibility..  As far  as dissatisfied with western style of life is concerned, Western life style doesn't mean  BRITTENY SPEARS LIFE STYLE..

It is freedom of expression..free press..
    Separation of  State and religion...
    and Governament not supporting religious groups with tax payers money and tax exemptions..

Reply #4 - December 17, 2011, 01:51 PM

Yes, that freedom is great and all, but WITH GUIDANCE...if there's no foundations upon which people can walk and step up, or change directions from it becomes difficult because most people are then spending time making mistakes...and regrets, and some people can't rise above that because they become trapped in that cycle of mistakes and regrets.

There needs to be some common grounds, some basics which can be imparted to children (through government systems eg school, law etc) and parents teaching their children and forming a community, that isn't seen as trying to brain-wash or force it upon them, but simply giving them a single step, a start in life from which they can then make the choices of other steps they take.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #5 - December 17, 2011, 01:55 PM

You can say people need a sense of responsibility with freedom, well it falls upon us to define the responsibilities that comes with it, or give suggestions because some people won't see it, some people need help...are looking for guidance. Dr. Ingrid Mattson has some good points on the sense of 'self'.

Reply #6 - December 17, 2011, 02:01 PM

But that step has to be strong enough, to last through to a time in life where the child has developed their mental capacity where they have coping methods/mechanisms in place when in life when they face big changes/challenges to their stance in life. So they can change their stance and not just crumble with depression etc because they have the foundations...

Reply #7 - December 17, 2011, 02:04 PM

But that step has to be strong enough, to last through to a time in life where the child has developed their mental capacity where they have coping methods/mechanisms in place when in life when they face big changes/challenges to their stance in life. So they can change their stance and not just crumble with depression etc because they have the foundations...

You can say people need a sense of responsibility with freedom, well it falls upon us to define the responsibilities that comes with it, or give suggestions because some people won't see it, some people need help...are looking for guidance. Dr. Ingrid Mattson has some good points on the sense of 'self'.

yes she does.. but that is nothing to do with Islam.

She, you, me or any  one  can do that same thing under the umbrella of any religions including Humanism.  One must realize Islam is NOT just  what these ladies are speaking.. It is much more than that and directly leads to totalitarian regimes..

Reply #8 - December 17, 2011, 02:13 PM

I wasn't talking about Islam any more Tongue

Reply #9 - December 17, 2011, 02:39 PM

I wasn't talking about Islam any more Tongue

Grin    but they are talking Islam and how good they became because of Islam.. Not only they but all these women folk.. Tongue Tongue   lol..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7fancLy3ds&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEla_bjqeVs&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9igPLD_xpRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtzOnuTBsEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JucklvaNhzk

we can get 100s of examples may be 1000s  like that.. and I say they must have.. MUST HAVE freedom to convert to any religion they like.. What all I want   is  same freedom to every man and women of all religions..

Don't you agree with me??  lol..

Reply #10 - December 17, 2011, 02:48 PM

The stuff I was talking about sure, islam might use that stuff, but doesn't mean it's all exclusively to do with islam/religion.

I derailed because it's more to do with human psychology at the basis rather than just superficially these religions that have formed to buffer.

Reply #11 - December 17, 2011, 02:49 PM

I agree.

Reply #12 - December 17, 2011, 03:02 PM

I agree.

well what these western women don't know is the case of eastern women in Islam under sharia law..  Let me tube  some famous cases of present day..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntV7Eu7U1H8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV4y_Eja7oE

Yes..Sharia.. Sharia law.. good one.. good stuff for the Man..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t71DM-9YJw

And all THESE IDIOTS are the sons of big wigs of Pakistan.. The local Caliphas...

There are millions.. not 1000s of cases like that in Islamic past and even to day..

Reply #13 - December 17, 2011, 03:21 PM

I don't understand Urdu Yeezevee :/

Yeah, I get it though, lots of oppression of women under Islam.

Reply #14 - December 17, 2011, 03:33 PM

Yeah, I get it though, lots of oppression of women under Islam.

Question is ..Is it under Islam or is it under the disguise of Islam?

Reply #15 - April 15, 2014, 12:43 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2323168/Lauren-Booth-stole-husband--destroyed-home-Distraught-wife-accuses-activist-betraying-new-faith.html

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #16 - April 15, 2014, 01:29 PM

ha! what a news.. I new it., i is going to happen..

Lauren Booth, Tony Blair’s sister-in-law turned obese Muslim convert, steps out with her new Muslim husband as wife #2.,

Boy she ballooned in Islam.,    well being a good Muslimah,  she can get two more to her 2nd husband..

Reply #17 - April 15, 2014, 01:34 PM

lol they mke quite a couple  Wink

I don't think islam teaches a balanced diet

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #18 - April 15, 2014, 02:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJBtlU-cTc#t=51

And Lauren  booth kids..  well that is obviously from Israeli guy.. but that booth teaching kids about Islam .....

Reply #19 - April 15, 2014, 02:10 PM

ha! what a news.. I new it., i is going to happen..

(Clicky for piccy!)

Lauren Booth, Tony Blair’s sister-in-law turned obese Muslim convert, steps out with her new Muslim husband as wife #2.,

Boy she ballooned in Islam.,    well being a good Muslimah,  she can get two more to her 2nd husband..

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #20 - April 15, 2014, 02:38 PM

S

She is simply a coward home-breaker.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »