Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Jerking off is Haraam OFFICIAL!!!

(Read 32578 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Jerking off is Haraam OFFICIAL!!!
     OP - December 05, 2011, 08:31 PM

Hi all, just saw this question on a forum called "uncovered treasures" asked by a rather shy lady who was asking (she said her friend asked but if you believe that...)

The text from the site is in italics, the really funny or weird bits in bold. My comments/questions underlined.

Is masturbation forbidden?

The title of the question was.......

Advise from those SUFFERING from.....

...the secret habit ;-)

I have a question which I am shy to ask but another sister who has come to Islam recently wants an answer to and I do not have an answer (with dilals from the Qur’an and Sunnah). I hope you can help and I hope Allah will for give me if it is inappropriate but as Muslims we should never be shy in seeking knowledge. Her question was “Is it permissible in Islam to masturbate?”.
     May Allah increase us all in knowledge.

Praise be to Allaah.

And here was the rather long-winded reply:

Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence:

First from the Qur’aan: Imam Shafi’i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur’aan (interpretation of the meaning): “And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, – for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors.” 23.5-7

Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor. “And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty.” 24.33.

This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.

Secondly, from the sunnah of the Prophet (peace be upon him): Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood said, “We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah’s Messenger said, “O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power.” Bukhari:5066.

The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it can be done. There are additional evidences that can be cited to support this ruling on masturbation, but due to the limited space we will not go through them here. Allaah knows what is best and most correct. As for curing the habit of masturbation, we recommend the following suggestions:

1) The motive to seek a cure for this problem should be solely following Allaah’s orders and fearing His punishment.

2) A permanent and quick cure from this problem lies in marriage as soon as the person is able, as shown in the Prophet’s hadeeth.

3) Keeping oneself busy with what is good for this world and the hereafter is essential in breaking this habit before it becomes second nature after which it is very difficult to rid oneself of it.

How does the person giving the advice know its very difficult to stop?? Experience perhaps?

4) Lowering the gaze (from looking at forbidden things such as pictures, movies etc.) will help suppress the desire before it leads one to commit the haraam (forbidden). Allaah orders men and women to lower their gaze as shown in the following two verses and in the Prophet’s hadeeth (interpretations of the meanings): “Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is all-aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) ….. ” 24.30-31 Allaah’s messenger said: “Do not follow a casual (unintentional) look (at forbidden things) with another look.” Al-Tirmidhi 2777. This is a general instruction by the Prophet to abstain from all that may sexually excite a person because it might lead him/her to commit the haraam (forbidden).

How does god know what they are doing? Is he watching?? Bit of divine dogging there? Why doesnt he avert his gaze?

5) Using one’s available leisure time in worshipping Allaah and increasing religious knowledge.

6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

Oh yeah the bad eyesight myth. (Reminds me, MUST go to Specsavers.)

7) Avoiding the illusion that some youth have that masturbationis permissible because it prevents them from committing illegal sexual acts such as fornication or even homosexuality.

8 ) Strengthening one’s willpower and avoiding spending time alone as recommended by the Prophet when he said “Do not spend the night alone” Ahmad 6919.

9) Following the Prophet’s aforementioned hadeeth and fast when possible, because fasting will temper one’s sexual desire and keep it under control. However, one should not overreact and swear by Allaah not to return to the act because if one does not honor one’s promise, one would be facing the consequences of not living up to one’s oath to Allaah. Also, note that medication to diminish one’s sexual desire is strictly prohibited because it might permanently affect one’s sexual ability.

10) Trying to follow the Prophet’s recommendation concerning the etiquette of getting ready for bed, such as reading well-known supplications, sleeping on the right side, and avoiding sleeping on the belly (the Prophet forbade sleeping on the belly).

Dunno about you lot, but have you ever tried w*nking while lying on your belly. It's REALLY difficult :-))

11) Striving hard to be patient and chaste, because persistence will eventually, Allaah willing, lead to attaining those qualities as second nature, as the Prophet explains in the following hadeeth:

“Whoever seeks chastity Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks help from none but Allaah, He will help him, and whoever is patient He will make it easy for him, and no one has ever been given anything better than patience.” Bukhari:1469.

12) Repenting, asking forgiveness from Allaah, doing good deeds, and not losing hope and feeling despair are all prerequisites to curing this problem. Note that losing hope is one of the major sins punishable by Allaah.

13) Finally, Allaah is the Most Merciful and He always responds to whoever calls on Him. So, asking for Allah’s forgiveness will be accepted, by His will. Wallahu a’lam. And Allah knows what is best and most correct.

There was no reply by the lady in question but I can only imagine she was thinking....."Aaah Bollocks!"

I DO hope I havent offended anyone by posting my smutty comments, but I just HAD to post this. I am assuming that most of you knew this anyway, but as a non-muslim, I am just learning.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
  • Re: Jerking off is Haraam OFFICIAL!!!
     Reply #1 - December 05, 2011, 08:37 PM

Haha JUST noticed another funny bit in this.

"Everything that your RIGHT HAND possesses"

Fnaar Fnaar!!  Roll Eyes

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #2 - December 05, 2011, 08:39 PM

Masha Allah! Sex slavery is permissible, jerking-off is a sin!

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #3 - December 05, 2011, 08:47 PM

In Buddhism, it is better to masturbate than be adulterous or rape.

We do not even need gods to tell us this.

Interested in Buddhism? Check out http://www.accesstoinsight.org/!
    Consider Nalanda University, and never let it happen again.
     Reply #4 - December 05, 2011, 08:58 PM

6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

Oh yeah the bad eyesight myth. (Reminds me, MUST go to Specsavers.)

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Stupid fucking twats. I honestly would love to give them one hell of a beating for supporting such ignorance. Fuck off you dickheads.
     Reply #5 - December 05, 2011, 09:40 PM

thing is from the quotes the imam put forward, it doesn't imply that masturbation is haram. It says don't seek beyond what your right hand posses. Your right hand posses your penis.

starve yourself instead of masturbating...incredible

fuckin religion...

"The words that oscillate between nonsense and supreme meaning are the oldest and truest." - C.G. Jung
     Reply #6 - December 05, 2011, 10:07 PM

Hehe, 'scuse the pun but, what a Wanker!  whistling2 thnkyu

Reply #7 - December 05, 2011, 10:28 PM

I also noticed this:

"
    10) Trying to follow the Prophet’s recommendation concerning the etiquette of getting ready for bed, such as reading well-known supplications, sleeping on the right side, and avoiding sleeping on the belly (the Prophet forbade sleeping on the belly).

How "forbade" gets re-packaged as "recommendation".

I realise this is just his "interpretation" of the text , but typical of apologetics.

Reply #8 - December 05, 2011, 10:39 PM

He could just as well have answered, "No! No wanking!" and saved himself 20mins (2 wanks?! Afro)But I suppose he had to provide scriptural evidence to back it up, so she can go back and tell her "friend"  Wink

Seriously I do feel sorry for the lady, cos she has been given such awful and guilt-ridden advice  Cry

Reply #9 - December 23, 2011, 05:28 PM

Muslims who masturbate? Hope they use their left hand.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #10 - December 23, 2011, 06:14 PM

I once got ino a debate with a Muslim about masterbation and how harmless it was, however, this individual likened it to having a severe drug addiction (facepalm).
     Reply #11 - August 22, 2014, 03:57 PM

Masha Allah! Sex slavery is permissible, jerking-off is a sin!

This

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #12 - August 22, 2014, 04:07 PM

Dunno about you lot, but have you ever tried w*nking while lying on your belly. It's REALLY difficult :-))

Not if you're a girl. Then it can be pretty awesome Smiley

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #13 - August 22, 2014, 04:09 PM

http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/miscellaneous/masterbation/0020309_1.htm

Reply #14 - August 22, 2014, 04:24 PM

Boys too.

Humping the bed while lying on our belly is how we begin masturbating during the beginning of puberty.  yes

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #15 - August 22, 2014, 04:33 PM

That's not how I begun. Cheesy
     Reply #16 - August 22, 2014, 04:37 PM

^

The guy who had his first kiss at 9.   

You were born with seductive superpowers. You don't fit into the same category as normal men.

Tongue

Reply #17 - August 22, 2014, 04:44 PM

I remember having (self-induced, I better add) orgasms when I was 7. Because I remember thinking "is this normal at 7?".

Puberty is not a requirement apparently.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #18 - August 22, 2014, 05:35 PM

Boys too.

Humping the bed while lying on our belly is how we begin masturbating during the beginning of puberty.  yes

No humping, man. No need.  grin12

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #19 - August 22, 2014, 05:37 PM

^

The guy who had his first kiss at 9.   

You were born with seductive superpowers. You don't fit into the same category as normal men.

Tongue

Grin I still can't get over HM first kiss Grin

Reply #20 - August 22, 2014, 06:25 PM

Because I remember thinking "is this normal at 7?".

I usually wait until at least 8.30pm, Eastenders is over by then.

Reply #21 - August 22, 2014, 06:28 PM

I once got ino a debate with a Muslim about masterbation and how harmless it was, however, this individual likened it to having a severe drug addiction (facepalm).

Careful with your facepalms Nilly, you might get a hair in your eyes  Wink Cheesy

Reply #22 - August 22, 2014, 06:43 PM

??!?!??!?!?

Reply #23 - August 22, 2014, 06:45 PM

Yeah, the amount of people I've met who have ruined their lives because of fucking masturbation. It is a tragedy.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #24 - August 22, 2014, 07:26 PM

Cheesy

Is there not a government program for habitual masturbators or something?

Wankers Anonymous perhaps?

Or .....

Transnational Onanism (look it up!) Subdual Society......or T.O.S.S. for short.   Roll Eyes

Reply #25 - August 22, 2014, 07:41 PM

Talking of 'spilling your seed', wanna know what Biblegod did to Onan, for using the 'withdrawal method' when shagging (under orders from god's friend Judah of course) his recently killed (by god of course) brother's widowed wife Tamar?

Well this may be no surprise, but, well........god killed him.

So there ya go!  grin12

Genesis Ch.38

Reply #26 - August 22, 2014, 08:20 PM

I actually still remember vividly one of my very first sexual fantasies when deliberately masturbating the first time at around when I was 12.       

oooh my god!!  I can never forget that fantasy.  This was before I was even aware of the existence of vaginas so there was no intercourse just all foreplay. 

Reply #27 - August 22, 2014, 08:48 PM

Damn straight!  I discovered this when I was a little girl. I was a pretty horny kid as well.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #28 - August 22, 2014, 09:04 PM

Boys too.

Speak for yourself.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #29 - August 22, 2014, 09:28 PM

^

• 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »