Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 06:44 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Iranian protesters storm British embassy says news

(Read 2083 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Iranian protesters storm British embassy says news
     OP - November 29, 2011, 03:46 PM

Iranian protesters storm British embassy  says news

Protesters enter the opened gate of the British embassy in Tehran. Dozens of young Iranian men entered buildings inside the British embassy compound in Tehran on Tuesday, throwing rocks, petrol bombs and burning documents looted from offices, Iranian news agencies reported. -

TEHRAN: Iranian protesters stormed two British Embassy compounds in Tehran on Tuesday, smashing windows, hurling petrol bombs and burning the British flag in a protest against sanctions imposed by Britain, live Iranian television showed.

Iran’s semi-official Mehr news agency said protesters took six British diplomatic staff hostage from an embassy compound in the north of the city but it withdrew the story from its website minutes later without giving any explanation.

The attacks followed the rapid approval by Iran’s Guardian Council of a parliamentary bill compelling the government to expel the British ambassador in retaliation for the sanctions. A lawmaker had also warned on Sunday that angry Iranians could storm the British Embassy as they did the U.S. mission in 1979.

Several dozen protesters broke away from a crowd of a few hundred protesters outside the main embassy compound in downtown Tehran, scaled the embassy gates and went inside.

Mehr news agency said protesters pulled down the British flag, burned it, and put up the Iranian flag. Inside, the demonstrators threw stones and petrol bombs. One waved a framed picture of Queen Elizabeth, state TV showed. The British Foreign Office said it was outraged.

“There has been a incursion by a significant number of demonstrators into our Embassy premises, including vandalism to our property,” the Foreign Office said in a statement. “This is a fluid situation and details are still emerging. We are outraged by this. It is utterly unacceptable and we condemn it.

Demonstrators waved flags symbolising martyrdom and held up portraits of Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. An Iranian official told Reuters that the storming of two compounds in Tehran was not planned by the government.

“It was not an organised measure. The establishment had no role in it. It was not planned,” said the official, who declined to be identified. A separate group of protesters broke into a second British Embassy compound in the north of the city, the IRNA state news agency said, and seized classified documents.

The incident followed Britain’s imposition of new sanctions on the Islamic state last week over its nuclear programme.  London banned all British financial institutions from doing business with their Iranian counterparts, including the Central Bank of Iran, as part of a new wave of sanctions by Western countries.

Great .. Now they ( West)  will have excuse to send some stuff in that beduion baboon  ruled Iran Arians

Oh well.. Islam recycles itself in different forms and the basic form of it is generating violent political groups/parties..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a16y3pbg4Es

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Re: Iranian protesters storm British embassy says news
     Reply #1 - November 29, 2011, 04:23 PM

Their stardard for damaging embassies has gone down.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #2 - November 29, 2011, 04:25 PM

this has nothing to do with islam. fuck the sanctions. they punish the people, not the government.
     Reply #3 - November 30, 2011, 04:52 AM

yep
     Reply #4 - November 30, 2011, 09:38 AM

this has nothing to do with islam. fuck the sanctions. they punish the people, not the government.

yep

what is nothing to do with Islam Abood??  Sanctions or group of people  who attacked Embassy?

How do these sanctions punish people but not the Government Abood??

news says Japan Mulls Additional Sanctions Against Iran

Numerous nations and multinational entities impose Sanctions against Iran. Sanctions commonly bar nuclear; missile and certain military exports to Iran; investments in oil, gas and petrochemicals; exports of refined petroleum products; business dealings with the Iranian Republican Guard Corps; banking and insurance transactions, including with the Central Bank of Iran; and shipping. The United States imposed sanctions on Iran following the Islamic revolution of 1979, while more recent rounds of sanctions by the U.S. and other entities were motivated by Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program

http://www.irantracker.org/us-policy/sanctions-iran-reactions-and-impact#iranian

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - November 30, 2011, 07:20 PM

Tsk tsk badly behaved children. You guys should be building not destroying.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »