Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello CEMB ! I am an ExMuslim

(Read 5206 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello CEMB ! I am an ExMuslim
     OP - October 30, 2011, 12:45 AM

Hello CEMB

I am captaindisguise. I am ex-muslim. I left Islam approximately 3 years ago. I call myself an Agnostic Atheist now.

I was born in a very religious family. My family is Indian. As a muslim child, I was taught a very positive version of Islam. I had never heard Muhammad’s marriage to child Aisha, his battles against Jews, his “prophecies” calling for the genocide of non-muslims. I had never heard of the mistreatment of women or non muslims etc….I believed and I was told a very idealistic view of Islam which was all about peace, spirituality and charity…

It was quite surprising later on when I read about stoning, death penalty for apostasy, child marriages etc…In the beginning, I tried to rationalize and find excuses for what ever I could. Yet, I was still not able to accept stonings or death penalty for apostasy as a part of Islam. At that point, I started having a very moderate view of Islam where I cherry picked from the Islamic beliefs. However, soon it was undeniable that these practices are a part of Islam. Yet I still continued to be a muslim.

It was when I was around 18 that I started to doubt my beliefs. It bothered me that the only reason I was a muslim and had the conviction that I had was due to my coincidental birth to religious muslim parents. This thought eventually led me to ask myself “why am I a muslim? Why do I believe what I believe?”

This process of doubting proved to be destructive to my faith. I eventually stopped praying 5 times a day. I searched through many Islamic websites and videos for answers to the questions that I had but none were satisfying. For example, one of the questions I had was “What happens to people who have never heard of Islam?” The answers I found were along the lines of  “Only allah knows.” However, most people seemed to believe that anyone who has heard of the word ‘Islam’ or the name “Muhammad” and DID NOT become a Muslim will go to hell” ? Such statements were not only unsatisfying but objectionable as well. At the end of the day, I was not able to understand why an All powerful being is awfully concerned about mere human beings getting his name wrong or not praising him all the time.

I was going through a period of questioning almost everything I used to believe. It came to the stage where I started asking whether Islam was a lie ?

I remember when I was around 19, the doubting and questioning had driven me into a spiritual crisis. At this moment, I decided to sit down and read the Quran from cover to cover in the hope that Allah will show me a sign. I sat down opened the quran. Read the first chapter, which is just a normal prayer. Started the 2nd chapter and stopped after reading verse 6 and 7 which goes

“As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. (6) Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom. (7)”

The next words that came out of my mouth were “SCREW THIS”. It was the moment I became an apostate.

I told my parents about 6 months later (more like they figured it out and forced it out of me). Then they did something wild. They arranged an Islamic scholar from one of the nearby Islamic schools to come and speak to me ( I won’t say his name). He came to my house and the first question I asked him was “How do I know Islam is true?”

What followed was every single one of Zakir Naik’s and Harun Yahya’s miracle claims plus a few others that I have never seen anywhere, blasting at me without interval. At the time, I had not looked into any of these claims and I was quite defenseless against the onslaught. I said that I will look into these claims and verify them myself.

Of course he probably left my house thinking he had “saved” another soul, but that meeting led me to investigate every single one of the claims…It was obvious that none of these claims could stand up to any kind of scrutiny…This led me to discover the awful dishonesty of Islamic apologetics which further emboldened my apostasy which then resulted in me possessing the knowledge to counter these erroneous miracle claims…

The rest of my saga continues in my youtube channel (If you find it interesting please Subscribe)
    Username : captaindisguise

Here is to a good time at CEMB

Addendum - For most part I grew up in America not in India but I do love India.
    I have read the whole Quran, TWICE, what I was saying before was that when I read 2:6-7, I was pretty convinced that this was load of BS
  • Re: Hello CEMB ! I am an ExMuslim
     Reply #1 - October 30, 2011, 12:52 AM

Welcome, fellow Homo sapiens.

Reply #2 - October 30, 2011, 01:15 AM

Hey man whats up. I have been subscribed to your YouTube channel for a while now. Your videos are pretty good criticisms of Islam. It's about time you joined the forum.   parrot   

By the way check out my YouTube channel. I made it for criticizing Islam as well.I only have one video on it so far but i am working on a script for my next video. It will probably be about slavery and Islam.   

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #3 - October 30, 2011, 04:56 AM

Welcome! Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #4 - October 30, 2011, 05:51 AM

Welcome captndisguise - thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad to see you here  Afro (I'm Hassan - one of the main contributors to CEMBadmins Smiley )
     Reply #5 - October 30, 2011, 07:14 AM

Welcome, your story reminds me of my own, except I think you are a few years ahead of me. I am currently still going through reading the Q'uran cover to cover and will read into the 'miracle' claims after that.
     Reply #6 - October 30, 2011, 07:24 AM

hi and welcome...
    i think i've run into your youtube channel a few times..
     Reply #7 - October 30, 2011, 08:17 AM

Hello CEMB

I am captaindisguise. I am ex-muslim. I left Islam approximately 3 years ago. I call myself an Agnostic Atheist now. [ I was born in a very religious family. My family is Indian. As a muslim child, I was taught a very positive version of Islam.  

captaindisguise.. Captaan.. that is a biggy and well written  so welcome to CEMB.. Ah Ha! that is It., you Muslims of India and Bangladesh are already half Apostates..  You guy sneed real teaching Islam from preachers of Pakistan.

So  How did you find CEMB?? Is it popular in India??  

I had never heard Muhammad’s marriage to child Aisha, his battles against Jews, his “prophecies” calling for the genocide of non-muslims. I had never heard of the mistreatment of women or non muslims etc….I believed and I was told a very idealistic view of Islam which was all about peace, spirituality and charity…

Huh!  what is new in that?? that is well known.,  that is true  for 100s of millions of Muslims.Unless you read Quran/Hadith/sunnah s and start thinking,  you will never go there..

It was when I was around 18 that I started to doubt my beliefs.
    It bothered me that the only reason I was a muslim and had the conviction that I had was due to my coincidental birth to religious muslim parents. This thought eventually led me to ask myself “why am I a muslim? Why do I believe what I believe?”

18 is a very bad age., Around that age, You Indian Muslims need to move out of India and get education foreign  Madarassas.
    This process of doubting proved to be destructive to my faith. I  was going through a period of questioning almost everything I used to believe. It came to the stage where I started asking whether Islam was a lie ?

I remember when I was around 19, the doubting and questioning had driven me into a spiritual crisis. At this moment, I decided to sit down and read the Quran from cover to cover in the hope that Allah will show me a sign. I sat down opened the quran. Read the first chapter, which is just a normal prayer. Started the 2nd chapter and stopped after reading verse 6 and 7 which goes

“As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. (6) Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom. (7)”

The next words that came out of my mouth were “SCREW THIS”. It was the moment I became an apostate.

That is classic problem with 18 year olds, they have very little patience .. So you never Quran all 114 Chapters??  Just chapter-2 enough for you to Question Islam?   That is Sad and you are very smart Captain., I have to read all 114 chapters that to more than 5 times to question Islam and subsequently every faith/Scriptures..

I told my parents about 6 months later (more like they figured it out and forced it out of me). Then they did something wild. They arranged an Islamic scholar from one of the nearby Islamic schools to come and speak to me ( I won’t say his name). He came to my house and the first question I asked him was “How do I know Islam is true?”

Oh common tell me his name., ., is he famous preacher in india??

What followed was every single one of Zakir Naik’s and Harun Yahya’s miracle claims plus a few others that I have never seen anywhere, blasting at me without interval. At the time, I had not looked into any of these claims and I was quite defenseless against the onslaught. I said that I will look into these claims and verify them myself.

Huh! Preacher didn't read Qutran to you but reading f Zakir Naik’s and Harun Yahya’s miracles?? That is worse., Now I know why you left Islam. I think the reason was  Zakir Naik’s and Harun Yahya’s miracles., You fed with rubbish they preach.,

Any ways welcome to CEMB and you being from India I wish you could tell the names some famous Islamic preachers of your country..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - October 30, 2011, 09:17 AM

Welcome and have a  bunny cos' you already have a parrot  Wink

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #9 - October 30, 2011, 09:18 AM

A warm welcome captndisguise

have a happy welcome jinn lol ghost

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #10 - October 30, 2011, 09:27 AM

Ozonedance banana dance signwelcome  captndisguise.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #11 - October 30, 2011, 09:45 AM

Welcome, captn.  parrot

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #12 - October 30, 2011, 09:49 AM

Reply #13 - October 30, 2011, 09:49 AM

Congratulations. Please consider Buddhism, where gods are irrelevant before true morality..

Interested in Buddhism? Check out http://www.accesstoinsight.org/!
    Consider Nalanda University, and never let it happen again.
     Reply #14 - October 30, 2011, 10:51 AM

Welcome  Smiley

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #15 - October 30, 2011, 11:15 AM

Hi. I am fimiler with your youtube chanlle. Welcome

Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home. [carl sagan]
     Reply #16 - October 30, 2011, 07:43 PM

Welcome Smiley  parrot

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #17 - October 31, 2011, 01:07 AM

Welcome bud
     Reply #18 - October 31, 2011, 01:34 AM

Welcome! I enjoyed watching your YouTube vids. Loved the cut/dry approach accompanied by the witty remarks you made. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

"Live a good life. If there are god(s) and they are just, you will be rewarded based on virtue. If they're unjust, then you shouldn't want to worship them. If there are no gods, you will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of others."

-Re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
     Reply #19 - November 01, 2011, 07:00 AM

Hey man,

Welcome to the forum.

Addendum - For most part I grew up in America not in India but I do love India.
    I have read the whole Quran, TWICE, what I was saying before was that when I read 2:6-7, I was pretty convinced that this was load of BS

Just some advice for the future, Yeezevee tries to bait everyone.
     Reply #20 - November 02, 2011, 12:27 AM

Welcome to the forums captndisguise, have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #21 - November 02, 2011, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the real world dude  sloshed
     Reply #22 - November 03, 2011, 08:06 AM

You're right, the Qur'an is full of bullshit.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »