Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Recently left Islam..... and thank fuck for that!

(Read 15458 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Recently left Islam..... and thank fuck for that!
     OP - October 27, 2011, 09:28 PM

I've recently left Islam after a long time soul searching. I wish I had taken this decision much earlier instead of wasting the best years of my 20's practicing this load of shite. (I'm now 28.) Anyway, this is how my life story goes -

I was born in Kuwait to Iraqi parents in 1983. My parents were never the most religious, I barely remember them teaching me anything about Islam, but I knew we were Muslims by name, at the least. Anyway, we lived there until "our leader", Saddam Hussein, invaded it. After the gulf war, we moved to various countries around the middle east until finally settling in the UK in 1996. When we settled in the UK, it is fair to say that we pretty much forget all of our roots (until recently where members of my family started visiting Iraq again.), we basically lived like a typical middle class Arabic people in the West- embrace the West (although not always to its fullest) and be moderate about Islam. From 1996 up until 2006, I was simply an Arabic guy who knew that he was a Muslim. But, in 2006 that changed, I started reading more about Islam until I released that I was being a bad person for not practicing Islam . ( Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ) Never drunk, I never slept around or went clubbing, but reading about Islam made me to do more. (sigh). One day, me and my friend went to the city 1 hour away from my town, I live in a town where Muslims aren't exactly everywhere you seem them. When I visited that city near me, which had a lot Islamic culture to it, I brought back withe me a Ramadan calendar. When I got home, I was looking at the calendar and there was a verse there, it was about how Allah will punish the non practicing Muslims. This drove fear into my heart....... and from that moment I started practicing, sincerely believing in Islam of course. I started reading about Islam more and more, there were a lot of things that I didn't like but, like millions and millions of Muslims, I buried my head in the sand! I ignored them and convinced myself that this is Islam... just trust it! However eventually I knew so much about Islam that I started having doubts, I even began to hate some of. To be honest, even when I was practicing, deep down I knew that I didn't like that Muhammed much........ he sounded such an obnoxious man.... to say the least!

Anyway, these are the 4 main reasons why I decided to leave Islam -

1. Scientific reasons.

2. Islam itself

3. Philosophy v Islam

4. My own life experiences and that of others around me.

Ok, let me elaborate a bit more about each reason.

1. Scientific reasons

The more I read about the universe and how we become what we are, the more and more Islam seemed like a load of crap. It's clear that there are a lot of contradictions to science in Islam. Why the fuck would Allah order some people to grow a beard when it is a fact that certain people around the world are incapable of growing facial hair? Why the fuck do we need to fast during daylight hours when some parts of the world doesn't go dark? I could go on and on....

2. Islam

As I mentioned previously, I buried my head in the sand whenever I read something that I didn't like about Islam. This is a disgusting religion (although the vast majority of Muslims are decent people, imo, so it does have its positive aspects.) fulls of bullshit and contradictions and bizarre things. Why the fuck would Allah want every single human being to be like Muhammed? Some people are simply not cut out to be like that, and Allah knew this! Why the fuck would Allah choose someone over someone else as his most beloved person? I've always thought that this was wrong. Those people that practice his Sunnah can become mentally ill. I mean come on.... the Sahabah used to shit in the same place as Muhammed? Disgusting and sick, fuck off!! I could go on and on about Islam, but I think I will leave that and start a new topic about Islam every time I need to say something about it. (Whether it's a contradiction, immoral thing, etc.)

3. Philosophy

Philosophy alone pisses all over religion. Why would a perfect being create evil and punish his imperfect beings for doing evil?  etc etc etc etc etc.... 

4. Life experience

I don't know where to start on life experiences, why would Allah grant Muhammed's wishes to not wipe out his ummah using flooding (floods in the Sahara, Mo? of course god would grant you that!)?? Oh wait, Pakistan were nearly wiped out by floodings recently, didn't it....and it happened during Ramadan!! Mashallah how merciful is Allah!! Subhanahallh! Not to forget the poor children that allah chooses to die from hunger, wheres the wisdom in that?

So basically, these are only some of the issues that come to my mind when i was doubting Islam, there was is sooooo much more, but for somereason I can't think of them when writing!!

Recently I asked myself this, how come I've never had a sign from Allah in my life? Not one! Where the fuck are you then if you want us to believe in you?!

I wish that I left Islam a lot earlier, I wasted 5 years of mylife on this shit. Yes, I know it's not as much as some other people, but at the moment, I dont know where my life is going. I've never had a relationship, so I don't know if I will ever spend mylife with someone. I dont think I'm westernized enough to marry English women, I still have cultural Islam about me. (I wont drink or eat pork etc). but obviously I'm also not a muslim anymore, so a muslim woman is out of the questions. There is also that issue of me being out of work for 5 years (and counting).....

....thanks Allah for granting me my duas. Roll Eyes Kindly fuck off.
  • Re: Recently left Islam..... and thank fuck for that!
     Reply #1 - October 27, 2011, 09:36 PM

Sorry about my mistakes and spelling, I'm just not good at expressing what's in my heart!  wacko
     Reply #2 - October 27, 2011, 09:38 PM

Welcome Hawar, and have a parrot  parrot

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #3 - October 27, 2011, 09:38 PM

Hello mate, welcome.

Love the last line of your introduction  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #4 - October 27, 2011, 09:46 PM

Welcome my fellow murtad.  Well done for leaving the deen.  Are you open about your apostasy and does your family know?

Reply #5 - October 27, 2011, 10:01 PM

Welcome my fellow murtad.  Well done for leaving the deen.  Are you open about your apostasy and does your family know?

Thank you all for your welcome. I shall be sticking around as this forum seems to be fun.

To answer your question my friend, I still haven't told anyone yet, but I'm not worried if I have to do that, I'm simply choosing the right moment.

My parents have always given me total freedom, so telling them that I left Islam will be OK. In fact, I think my father is a secret atheist!  Cheesy But I don't think I will be telling my family anyway, mainly because I think this will devastate my mother, she recently became more religious (still not practicing though) due to several difficulties she has endured in the past year or so, and she seems happier with that. So telling her would probably make her sad... and I don't want to do that. As I mentioned earlier, we're moderate Muslims at best, my siblings regularly bring their boyfriends and girlfriends home! grin12

Not sure that i will tell the Muslims in my community either, I think it would be a disadvantage, but I won't hesitate if I have to.

Actually, I'm have been reading this forum for the last few days, and I'm surprised at how many of you here have their hands tied in regarding of telling about their apostasy. I guess I'm a lucky one for a change. lol
     Reply #6 - October 27, 2011, 10:47 PM

Welcome to the forum, always a pleasure to see another new kafir joining a godless society Smiley

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #7 - October 27, 2011, 10:54 PM

A warm welcome, Hawar!

Have a happy welcome jinn! lol  ghost

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #8 - October 27, 2011, 11:22 PM

Welcome to the forum, dude. parrot

Nice intro. Afro

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #9 - October 27, 2011, 11:33 PM

Welcome Hawar!

It feels good to tell Allah to kindly fuck off.

There was a time when I think I would have died of a heart attack if someone said that.

Now I just feel so angry that I was such a fool for so long to believe bullshit - angry at those who peddle it - but more angry with myself that I believed it.

I'm also angry that I can't stand in the street and shout it. But instead have to smile politely as my family talk about mashallh this or hamdulilah that - when all I want to say is:

Allah - kindly FUCK OFF! Oh and take the Qur'an with you bastard!
     Reply #10 - October 28, 2011, 02:21 AM

Welcome to the forum, enjoy a rabbit!  bunny

You have some rather well thought out reasons for leaving Islam, look forward to you joining in the discussions.  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #11 - October 28, 2011, 02:32 AM

welcome brother !!

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #12 - October 28, 2011, 02:28 PM

Now I just feel so angry that I was such a fool for so long to believe bullshit - angry at those who peddle it - but more angry with myself that I believed it.

Yeah, I feel angry with myself too. I wish I had done more thinking about Islam before or even shortly after I  had started praying, instead of wasting 5 years being a robot and clinging on to hope. Those so called prophets are the most evil and cruel people ever, even worse than Hitler in my opinion. Fucking long bearded wankers.
     Reply #13 - October 28, 2011, 04:06 PM

Welcome Hawar! Nice to hear your story Smiley

it was about how Allah will punish the non practicing Muslims. This drove fear into my heart....... and from that moment I started practicing, sincerely believing in Islam of course. I started reading about Islam more and more, there were a lot of things that I didn't like but, like millions and millions of Muslims, I buried my head in the sand! I ignored them and convinced myself that this is Islam... just trust it!

I hear you there. It was the same for me. The fear is what drives you to let Islam take more and more control of your life, and it lets you blind yourself to all the nasty things.

....thanks Allah for granting me my duas. Roll Eyes Kindly fuck off.

Afro

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #14 - October 28, 2011, 04:56 PM

Fucking long bearded wankers.

I love you man.  Cheesy

Great intro, I lol'd reading it. Look forward to reading your posts.

Reply #15 - October 28, 2011, 05:09 PM

Fucking long bearded wankers.

Unfortunately it's all too easy to imagine them wanking.
     Reply #16 - October 28, 2011, 05:10 PM

Welcome Hawar! Nice to hear your story Smiley

I hear you there. It was the same for me. The fear is what drives you to let Islam take more and more control of your life, and it lets you blind yourself to all the nasty things.
     Afro

Yes, I then realised, when I started having these doubts, that the only reason I "submitted" was because of that threatening verse. That's it, that's all it took for me to take Islam seriously. Was this Allah's way of guiding people? Fuck oooooooooooooff, son! What an idiot I was...sigh.  Roll Eyes
     Reply #17 - October 29, 2011, 10:33 AM

Welcome to the desert of the Real! parrot
     Reply #18 - October 29, 2011, 12:07 PM

hi and welcome..
     Reply #19 - October 30, 2011, 02:40 AM

welcome bro... and yeah fuck off allah and fuck mohammed. id personally rape his anus if he was around.

I testify there is no god especially Allah and mohammed was just a pimp.

Im ex-muslim, ex-shia, 28yo iranian/paki mixed bi guy recently free from all religious bullshit. Anyone similar?
     Reply #20 - October 30, 2011, 02:47 AM

Hi  parrot

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #21 - October 30, 2011, 10:45 AM

Welcome to CEMB Hawar, hope you enjoy your stay  Afro

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。
    (I no naka no kawazu taikai wo shirazu)
    A frog in a well does not know the great sea.
     Reply #22 - October 30, 2011, 01:47 PM

Congratulations! Afro

Interested in Buddhism? Check out http://www.accesstoinsight.org/!
    Consider Nalanda University, and never let it happen again.
     Reply #23 - October 30, 2011, 02:03 PM

It's always what that surge of newbies arrives that you wish Hallmark made "happy apostatizing!" cards. Great to have you here, Hawar. Awesome intro, btw. bunny

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »