Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Whats your view on Promiscuity?

(Read 34066 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Whats your view on Promiscuity?
     Reply #270 - July 26, 2012, 11:12 AM

I agree with what Ishina said, but I would add that gay and bisexual guys share a similar experience with women. They're negatively stereotyped as sluts who can't maintain a monogamous relationship.

Oh absolutely. Especially in certain areas of America and places like that. Not only stereotyped as sluts, but as abominations of nature. As a risk to children. As a contagious disease. As an epidemic.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #271 - July 26, 2012, 11:20 AM

All I was trying to say was that hoping to appeal to peoples better natures to understand your point of view and change how they feel or behave, or by Ishina's method of calling out their bullshit, is never going to work in the long run.

For the record, I don't necessarily do it to change people. Only to let them know I am better at the game than they are and put them in their place, below me. It's for my benefit, not theirs. Territorial pissing. I'd have to like or respect someone to want to try and help them change.

Reply #272 - July 26, 2012, 05:50 PM

Ok fine if that makes you feel better.  yes

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #273 - July 26, 2012, 06:04 PM

The judgement made in terms of promiscuity is not really comparable to that of societal response towards over eaters or people who over indulge in drink in terms of degree of consequence. And it is an important distinction in a very specific way. In certain conservative cultures, the stigma of 'promiscuity' can have consequences beyond simple name calling. It is different by an order of magnitude that is immense.

Hi Billy - Hmm indeed - but they are all about self-control. Same reward centres in the brain for food and sex. As for judgement differentials(?) between the two I suppose when food was scarce (back in the day)the one who took more than the fair share probably invited opprobrium from his/her society.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #274 - July 26, 2012, 06:11 PM

My post was about how judgement towards people is graded differently in different contexts as far as sexuality is concerned.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #275 - July 26, 2012, 06:19 PM

Ideally it should not matter, however there are situations where is can be considered at least immoral, for example you think you're wife's kids are your own, and it turns out that their not. Promiscuity when you're single is really neither here nor there.
     Reply #276 - July 26, 2012, 06:23 PM

however there are situations where is can be considered at least immoral, for example you think you're wife's kids are your own, and it turns out that their not.

That's infidelity, not promiscuity.

Reply #277 - July 26, 2012, 06:23 PM

KT - shouldn't that be when you are bothsingle?

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #278 - July 26, 2012, 06:27 PM

KT - shouldn't that be when you are bothsingle?

No, not really. I personally don't feel a single person should be morally obliged not to date non-single folks, whether the know the person they are dating to be single or not.
     Reply #279 - July 26, 2012, 06:30 PM

That's infidelity, not promiscuity.

Lol, nice how that comes from the root word infidel (i.e. unbelief in religion), more religious hogwash in our modern vocabulary. As if those who are infidels are more likely to be unfaithful. Yeah right.
     Reply #280 - July 28, 2012, 05:09 PM

KT on ma phone right now so can't/ be asked to quote and box your messages.

In msg 275 you say that - not knowing if your kids are your own (male pov) as happens in real life, is a problem. Yet in msg 278 you then say it would not matter to you if you were having sex with a women who already had a partner.

Couldn't you possibly be contributing to  the problem highlighted by your goodself by having sex with women in relationships?

Men are accused of madonna/whore complex. I feel that women have an equivalent. I think science says that women near ovulation seek a different type of bloke to have sex/kids and another considerate type to look after her and her kids.

Reply #281 - July 28, 2012, 06:52 PM

KT on ma phone right now so can't/ be asked to quote and box your messages.

In msg 275 you say that - not knowing if your kids are your own (male pov) as happens in real life, is a problem. Yet in msg 278 you then say it would not matter to you if you were having sex with a women who already had a partner.

Couldn't you possibly be contributing to  the problem highlighted by your goodself by having sex with women in relationships?

Men are accused of madonna/whore complex. I feel that women have an equivalent. I think science says that women near ovulation seek a different type of bloke to have sex/kids and another considerate type to look after her and her kids.

I don't know, but I am thinking that the blame shouldn't be on the single person even though they might be contriubtuing to the probelm. I see your point though.

So what's this theory you talk about, can you elaborate on it a little more, am genuinely curios about it now.
     Reply #282 - July 28, 2012, 10:41 PM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concealed_ovulation#section_1

Would highlight the relevant bits but still on my phone. Just Google women's sexual preference during the menstrual cycle. Not read it recently but I think we are the only primates with hidden oestrus, perhaps one more primate species, maybe not.

You know what this makes you KT lol. The whore in the madonna/whore complex. Hope you don't take offence.

• Whats your view on Promiscuity?
     Reply #283 - August 08, 2014, 09:43 PM

Sex provides pleasure. We can give pleasure to ourselves and give pleasure to other people with sex because of all the amount of feel good chemicals your brains releases during and after sex. Sex is awesome as it has essentially positive consequences. You hear outdated primitive phrases like "sex is a sin", "masturbation is a sin", "sex is disgusting", so those having sex are condemned despite nature giving us sexual desire. Having some how had a woman have sex with me, I can say it's relaxing I felt chirpier for a couple of days you feel more nonchalant. When we are relaxed, we are more likely to be nice to others than when we are stressed. So to do our own good is generally good for others, because when we take our needs into account, we have more space to take the needs of others into account. There's a lot of angry people out there, the solution is for them to have some or more sex.

What has negative consequences is excessive selfishness and violence. Those may be associated with sex in certain circumstances, however it is really not fundamentally related to sex. Someone who is violent with sex is likely to be violent in other areas.

So yeh celebrate knocking one out or having a fiddle in your middle, happy sexual relationships, the beauty of genitals and of sexual attributes. We may be a little bit shy and consider sex as a private thing, however, even in that case, it is still a way to have some hap-penis.
     Reply #284 - August 08, 2014, 09:46 PM

Have only read the first post, but I wonder how we define "promiscuity"? Like, is there a set number of how many partners are acceptable, age limit, or other conditions? And who decides this?

If you like sex, have as much sex as you want. Just make sure it's safe, and protected, so that you don't expose yourself to any danger.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #285 - August 08, 2014, 10:25 PM

If you like sex, have as much sex as you want. Just make sure it's safe, and protected, so that you don't expose yourself to any danger.

And so long as it's consensual and the person is within the legal age limits.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #286 - August 08, 2014, 11:01 PM

I'm a bit old fashioned and think sex should be with someone you love..     violins lol  (she says after a loveless marriage)  wacko
     Reply #287 - August 08, 2014, 11:11 PM

Have you ever actually had sex with someone you love?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #288 - August 08, 2014, 11:27 PM

Hell no, i wish lol...  why u asking, do you think it  really matters
     Reply #289 - August 08, 2014, 11:29 PM

Well if you never have, how did you form the opinion that it was the only sort worth having? Smiley

IMO, it's fine if you just like them, or think they're kinda lovable. That works too, providing there is the right chemistry for wanton debauchery.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #290 - August 08, 2014, 11:57 PM

What is Sex?  Cheesy
     Reply #291 - August 09, 2014, 12:06 AM

Sex is when two people smile at each other because they're really, really good friends.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #292 - August 09, 2014, 12:09 AM

Reply #293 - August 09, 2014, 12:32 AM

What is Sex?  Cheesy

Baby don't hurt me, no more?

Wait, wrong song.  Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #294 - August 09, 2014, 12:33 AM

Sex is when two people smile at each other because they're really, really good friends.

Wait, so that means, that one time with my sister.... omg, omg.  wacko

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #295 - August 09, 2014, 04:26 AM

Can't say I'm surprised.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #296 - August 09, 2014, 04:49 AM

I'm posting this without ANY clothing on, does that count?  grin12 grin12 grin12
     Reply #297 - August 23, 2014, 09:38 AM

I havent had any for a while, Im waiting for the next life where I'll get my 72 Virgins.

Here's hoping they're not trekkie virgins

Late Eid Mubarak, Where's my eidee present ?
     Reply #298 - August 27, 2014, 01:56 PM

what about the Virgin Muslims who died to Jihad? Do Jihados get virgin Jihados as part of their 72 virgin reward?  dance
     Reply #299 - August 27, 2014, 01:57 PM

I need to experience it first before giving my view

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »