Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
Today at 07:16 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
Yesterday at 04:01 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 04, 2024, 07:58 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: End of Muammar Gaddafi ???

(Read 13906 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: End of Muammar Gaddafi ???
     Reply #90 - October 22, 2011, 10:55 AM

^

Remember Tony Montana Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #91 - October 22, 2011, 11:16 AM

Nope I disagree with you agentwar., I am an optimist,  agentwar I am NOT an agent of war..lol

The possibility of Libya becoming terrorist haven is Zero to LESS THAN ZERO. It has no place to hide., what it can happen is Tribal warfare for few months..  My fears are different.  I am worried because of its rich oil resources some Agents of war from west could potentially derail the country ..

But again we have the weapon to fight all that... Internet is free.. cheap.. we can educate every one..

You assumed what I wrote was my opinion? I was just asking a question. Tongue

I agree with your second bit though, things don't look too promising.

"Live a good life. If there are god(s) and they are just, you will be rewarded based on virtue. If they're unjust, then you shouldn't want to worship them. If there are no gods, you will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of others."

-Re-interpretation of Marcus Aurelius
     Reply #92 - October 22, 2011, 05:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8s9AuQQbG4

New Rulers of Libya | 22/10/2011 Mr. Giumaa Al Gumati on Al Jazeera Eng. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbJq_JXn2vY
    Inside Story - Libya after Gaddafi  discussion..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVAANUnYHFs

The women from  Libya speaks..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #93 - October 22, 2011, 06:40 PM

Wondering what you all have to say on Libya potentially becoming a new terrorist haven? Its a very real possibility...I mean after 40 years of stagnation do you guys think the Libyan people can avoid it? Do you guys see another hardline Islamic state forming?

If you meant with the North American Terrorist Organisation setting up shop there then I'd agree.  Grin

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #94 - October 23, 2011, 05:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpKcYORt-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyixN0NNPs

well one has to listen to all sides..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbvOFh_Ukns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTIUB7rKQA

The videos above says  West released the Mad Muslim Dogs Against Libya .. well they did it in Afghanisthan..  Afghan Presidents used to look like this

Mohammed Daoud Khan... In Presidential office 1953 to 1963

dr. Mohammad Najibullah   In Presidential office 1987 – April 16, 1992

Then Dogs, Baboons ..whatever  are unleashed  by west on Afgahnisthan..  and we see people like this one   in power..

I hope Future of Libya will not be like what happened in Afghanistan...  Thank  you  Allah doll for  internet...

well to know what happened to that clean shaved President dr. Mohammad Najibullah please read the link..  After him, west unleashed the Dogs   on people of Afghanistan through Land of pure  rest is recent history all the way to that American 9/11..

Reply #95 - October 23, 2011, 06:02 AM

You assumed what I wrote was my opinion? I was just asking a question. Tongue

Hmm you are trying to probe  me before you declare war on me agentwar? Are you trying to trick me??  finmad

I am going to rename you as Agent of Peace

Life is amorphous it morphs itself through evolutionary principles that work with suppressors  and time

If you meant with the North American Terrorist Organisation setting up shop there then I'd agree.  Grin

finmad finmad what the hell is that Maya?? Americans and America did/does mistakes but it tries to correct them unlike British SODS and French Potatoes ..so I will rename that as

North Atlantic Terrorist Organisation

Reply #96 - October 23, 2011, 07:14 AM

That el-Feitouri is acting like a douchebag in that interview. Analysis, not your shameless propagandizing, thank you very much.

I'm also not at all convinced that the Libyan people lived in poverty because of Gaddafi (no doubt he stole a lot of the oil wealth but not sure it would have been better under a so-called "democratic" regime), and even if they did that things are going to get better. I predict they may get worse as the capitalist carpetbaggers get in there and start cutting favorable deals with the NTC. Yeah, Libyans may only live on $2 a day but they aren't mentioning the overall cost of living there, and free housing and socialized public services. Let's see how far that $2 goes when everything, including basic services, food, and housing, gets privatized and run for profit under the IMF/Washington Consensus and even more oil money gets sent out of the country than Gaddafi and his family could manage to steal for themselves.

fuck you
     Reply #97 - October 23, 2011, 08:12 AM

That el-Feitouri is acting like a douchebag in that interview. Analysis, not your shameless propagandizing, thank you very much.

I'm also not at all convinced that the Libyan people lived in poverty because of Gaddafi (no doubt he stole a lot of the oil wealth but not sure it would have been better under a so-called "democratic" regime), and even if they did that things are going to get better.

RUBBISH , you talk nonsense raccoon...  cartoon..whatever  rapist.

off course the fool  was the reason why  Libyan people lived the way they lived.. You rule the country for 40 years,  never allow any other person to lead the nation, stagnate people.. stagnate the brains, don't develop civil institutions in the nation, control every penny of its economy,   use allah hoo akbaar for your needs.. bomb civilian planes of other nations.. support rogues in other nations to ruin their countries with Libyan oil money, and act  like megalomaniac Islamic socialite of 20th century??  and you say that guy was not the reason   why Libyan people lived in poverty or the way they lived??    Are you nuts??
    I predict they may get worse as the capitalist............

well you predict and dream lots of things.. sorry your predictions  will not work in 21st century raccoon.,  they would have worked when world and the nations were very isolated places where Raccoons used to rape and rule...   Cheesy  Cheesy

And that Video is from AlJazeera English version.. Arabic version will be different..

Reply #98 - October 23, 2011, 08:17 AM

Well, we shall see. My prediction is conditions improve for educated professionals, some skilled workers, and those able to get patronage jobs. For the majority of unskilled or semiskilled working-class, peasantry, and unskilled or semiskilled unemployed, I predict things will get worse as any increase in wages for this group will be quickly outstripped by the costs of privatization of currently nationalized industries/services.

fuck you
     Reply #99 - October 23, 2011, 08:21 AM

Well, we shall see. My prediction is conditions improve for educated professionals, some skilled workers, and those able to get patronage jobs.

well that is good to start with

For the majority of unskilled or semiskilled working-class, peasantry, and unskilled or semiskilled unemployed, I predict things will get worse as any increase in wages for this group will be quickly outstripped by the costs of privatization of currently nationalized industries/services.

Rascals better get their butts out,  go to school and educate and compete in this fast paced world.  whatever Future Libyan govt should do is, use their oil wealth with in Libya for next 5 years to develop schools, infra structure for diversified economy not just depend on oil.. and move on to make a dynamic government/elections whatever.. that will NOT stay in power more than 6to 8 years..  

Reply #100 - October 23, 2011, 08:26 AM

Yeah cause EVERYONE can get a skilled/professional job, and they won't need anyone to do the unskilled/semiskilled jobs anymore, and furthermore there will be full employment. I want whatever drugs you're on yeez.

fuck you
     Reply #101 - October 23, 2011, 08:35 AM

Yeah cause EVERYONE can get a skilled/professional job, and they won't need anyone to do the unskilled/semiskilled jobs anymore, and furthermore there will be full employment. I want whatever drugs you're on yeez.

Hmm I use and try to use lots of drugs.,

Optimism..
    work with in the humanistic rules to program the society  to become more  humane...
    "Golden Rule is good enough for this life" ...  
     Know your beginning & know you end ...
    and teach that cemb "START DUST" concept wherever whenever you get a chance... and..and..  beat the hell out of raccoons without physically hitting or harming them..

so may drugs I use Colonel Q., Drugs are good for health..

Reply #102 - October 23, 2011, 08:48 AM

news says  Swiss offer to help Libya's transition to democracy
    Switzerland can help Libya's transition to democracy by disarming the population and contributing to demining efforts, the foreign minister was quoted as saying in a Swiss newspaper on Sunday.

Muammar Gaddafi was killed on Thursday after 42 years of eccentric one-man rule. Libya is now set to embark on building a democracy, with elections next year.

In an interview with the Sonntag newspaper, Micheline Calmy-Rey detailed three possible ways in which Switzerland could help Libya rebuild after its eight-month civil war.
    "I can imagine Switzerland engaging in three concrete areas during the transition phase: in disarming the population, in reforming the security forces as well as in demining," she said.

"Our security centers in Geneva have the necessary expertise. Switzerland is also ready to take part in a U.N. mission."

Relations between Switzerland and Libya soured in July 2008 when Geneva police arrested Gaddafi's son Hannibal on charges of abusing two domestic employees. The charges were later dropped after a confidential settlement negotiated with the employees.

Libya withdrew more than $5 billion from Swiss banks, halted oil exports to Switzerland and detained two Swiss businessmen who had been working there for more than a year.

Calmy-Rey said Switzerland was on good terms with Libya's interim government, the National Transition Council (NTC).

"Early on Switzerland acknowledged the National Transition Council as its single point of contact in Libya," she said. Calmy-Rey also said she hoped the some 265 million Swiss francs ($300 mln) still in Switzerland could be unfrozen soon.

"Certainly we hope that the 265 million francs that are still in Switzerland can soon be released," she said. "Around 90 percent of them belong to state-owned Libyan companies. We assume that the U.N. Security Council will make a decision about releasing these state funds relatively soon."

Switzerland has already unfrozen 385 million francs and made them available to the new Libyan authorities for the Libyan National Oil Company and Libya Investment Authority. In August the country's head of sanctions said it planned to release the frozen assets as soon as the United Nations lifted sanctions that were imposed on Gaddafi's government.

($1 = 0.883 Swiss Francs)

Sure Switzerland .. First CLOSE ALL OF YOUR BANKS., give the Libyan money back to Libyans.. and give all the money of those third world rogues who store the money in your banks back to their people .

Then talk about helping Libyans..   You are goddamn nation of crooks  eating the third world economy through the Tax evading crooks who store it in your banks..

Reply #103 - October 23, 2011, 09:46 AM

finmad finmad what the hell is that Maya?? Americans and America did/does mistakes but it tries to correct them unlike British SODS and French Potatoes ..so I will rename that as

North Atlantic Terrorist Organisation

Care to elaborate on that yeezevee?

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #104 - October 23, 2011, 09:56 AM

Cheesy

fuck you
     Reply #105 - October 23, 2011, 10:06 AM

Care to elaborate on that yeezevee?

do I need to tell  every little thing Maya??

But this is what Russian Raccoons think about NATO...

Reply #106 - October 23, 2011, 03:21 PM

Oh I see..... it  (North American Terrorist Organisation) tries to "correct its mistakes" by, for example after launching an air campaign against an oil rich country under the pretext of humanitarian intervention, then realising...duh.... it doesn't use Libyan oil after all/ wants to avoid Iraq deja vu, pulls out by using the excuse it can't afford ammunition anymore and hands everything over to the North Atlantic Terrorist Organisation led by France to finish the dirty work.   Yeah I guess so if you wanna call that correcting its mistakes..... Cheesy

Reply #107 - October 23, 2011, 04:07 PM

Libya NTC head Jalil pledges to uphold Islamic law

BENGHAZI, Libya Oct 23 (Reuters) - Libya's National Transitional Council leader Mustafa Abdel Jalil kneeled in prayer after taking the stand in a celebration of liberation on Sunday after 42 years of one-man rule by Muammar Gaddafi and promised to uphold Islamic law.

"We as a Muslim nation have taken Islamic sharia as the source of legislation, therefore any law that contradicts the principles of Islam is legally nullified," he said.

Jalil thanked the Arab League, the United Nations, and the European Union for supporting the uprising which ended with Gaddafi's death on Thursday.

"All the martyrs, the civilians and the army had waited for this moment. But now they are in the best of places ... eternal heaven," he said, shaking hands with supporters.

"The revolution began as a peaceful one. But it was faced with violence," he told tens of thousands of Libyans gathered in the eastern city of Benghazi, where fighting against Gaddafi erupted in February. (Reporting by Marwa Awad, Shaimaa Fayed and Edmund Blair in Cairo, Writing by Dina Zayed; Editing by Louise Ireland)

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFWEA890020111023

Hm.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #108 - October 24, 2011, 12:54 AM

Quote from: yeezevee
    So question to you is., Is it ok for Libyan Muslims to stay in Europe and guide their brother & sisters/friends/ fellow countrymen.... back in Libya to a prosperous democratic nation  with certain limits on social structure as their background is Islam for generations??

I think Europe would be better off if they took themselves and their religion back to Libya. What excuse have they to stay now Gadaffi has gone?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #109 - October 24, 2011, 04:04 AM

I think Europe would be better off if they took themselves and their religion back to Libya.

You think  lots of things against Muslim folks where as I think lots of things against Islam and other religions/concepts that don't allow freedom of expression DH.  What you say is silly., How many Libyans you think are living out of Libya??
    What excuse have they to stay now Gadaffi has gone?

well people can ask similar silly questions.,  Such as what good reason any one has to migrate from one country to another country? what good reason British had when they moved in to Eastern hemisphere? What good reasons Spanish had when they moved in to South America?  And what good reasons Europeans had when they moved in to North AMerican continent??  you can go on asking such silly Questions and run around circles.

There could be million GOOD reasons why some Libyans would like to stay in other countries.. You talk silly..

So going back to news on Libya   The news says   Libya's new rulers 'stained' by manner of his death, says Philip Hammond
       Philip Hammond, the Defence Secretary, reflected widespread international concerns, including among nations backing the rebel National Transitional Council (NTC) that Col Gaddafi was subjected to summary justice.

"It's certainly not the way we do things, it's not the way we would have liked it to have happened," he said. "The fledgling Libyan government will understand that its reputation in the international community is a little bit stained by what happened."

Andrew Mitchell, the International Development Secretary, also criticized the killing of Colonel Gaddafi, saying: "It was clearly a very confusing moment and I would have preferred that he had faced justice either in a Libyan court or in the International Criminal Court in the Hague, but it is difficult for us in Britain to put ourselves into the position of the soldiers and those who were involved in the capture of Gaddafi and I think the best accounts were those that have come from the Libyans themselves.

Hillary Clinton, the US Secretary of State, added America's backing for credible investigation into the killing of the Libyan leader. She said: "I think that the new Libya needs to start with accountability, the rule of law, a sense of unity and reconciliation in order to build an inclusive democracy."

read it all at that link., but I don't think that guy Mahmoud Jabril who is an acting in-charge of of that rebel NTC of Libya  is responsible to what happened to Mr. Qaddafi.  

Reply #110 - October 24, 2011, 04:15 AM

Oh I see..... it  (North American Terrorist Organisation) tries to "correct its mistakes" by, for example after launching an air campaign against an oil rich country under the pretext of humanitarian intervention, then realising...duh.... it doesn't use Libyan oil after all/ wants to avoid Iraq deja vu, pulls out by using the excuse it can't afford ammunition anymore and hands everything over to the North Atlantic Terrorist Organisation led by France to finish the dirty work.   Yeah I guess so if you wanna call that correcting its mistakes..... Cheesy

Maya NATO is not just US of A..  There are 28 countries in NATO, so if you want to blame US of A for what happened in Libya then its blame share is 1/28th.  But I blame Mr. Qaddafi and Mr. Saddam Hussein and those who supported them in their countries  for what happened to them personally and for miseries of   people of Iraq, Libya due to these wars as they were ruling them for 30 or more years..

Reply #111 - October 24, 2011, 05:13 AM

Watching Muammar Qadhafi’s last few minutes, I was reminded of Saddam Hussein’s grisly end. While the latter had the dubious benefit of a legal process, his end was at the hands of mocking, vengeful executioners.
    Both dictators were found hiding in holes: after decades of absolute power and lives of obscene luxury, they could find no dignified exit. Hosni Mubarak of Egypt, too, is having to suffer incarceration, with his court appearances taking place in a cage.

Stripped of the trappings of power, they are all exposed as cowardly mediocrities.

Something they all share is the conviction that they cannot be displaced, and have a God-given right to rule forever. Like kings and pharaohs, they prepare their sons to succeed them when their time comes. Brutal in their suppression of all dissent, they cannot imagine that their people might want to get rid of them.

Nevertheless, it is difficult to draw any satisfaction from the way Qadhafi was killed. Having been captured, he ought to have been brought before a court of law to defend his long and terrible record. Even though he showed no mercy to his opponents in his lifetime, there ought to be a difference between his criminal outlook and that of a civilised opposition seeking to bring about the rule of law in Libya.
    Surrounded by sycophants, both Qadhafi and Saddam had lost touch with reality. In the latter’s case, he genuinely felt he could invade Kuwait, an oil-rich neighbour, and get away with it. He thought that as a check on Iran, he was indispensable to the West, and therefore immune.

In Qadhafi’s case, the eccentric dictator thought he could support terrorists from Ireland to South America, and his country’s oil wealth would protect him from reprisals. He ought to have figured out that he was vulnerable when Reagan ordered his palace in Tripoli to be bombed in 1986 to avenge the death of a US serviceman in a Berlin nightclub, allegedly by Libyan agents.

But instead of focussing on his own country, he continued on his mad way, culminating in the Lockerbie bombing that caused crippling sanctions on Libya. He became an outcast, with most Arab countries turning against him for his harsh criticism of their ruling elites. While his attacks might have been justified, nobody wants to hear the truth from one of their own.

So what are the lessons for other dictators?

1). Firstly, do not alienate other leaders: you might need their support one day.

2). Secondly, always have an exit strategy as there’s no telling when you might have to escape the wrath of your own people.

3.) Swiss accounts are no longer safe, so consider stashing your loot in China, or in other countries not too bothered with human rights.

4). Thirdly, never believe your own propaganda. Even when the official media continues to trumpet your praises, remember that it is run by your own appointees and they are unlikely to permit critical comments to appear, for fear of their lives and jobs.

5). While you oppress your own people, do not use your spooks to target opponents abroad: foreigners are most unhappy by assassinations carried out on their soil. Remember that your power does not extend across the globe, so keep a low profile.

6). Refrain from foreign adventures like invading your neighbour, or supporting distant revolutions. Focus on your own people, and give them enough crumbs to make sure they don’t get desperate. Learn from Saudi Arabia where some of the oil wealth is spent on the people to keep them quiet, even during the Arab Spring.

7). And please, please, refrain from building vast palaces with gold bathroom taps and filled with third-rate art. People might forget your other sins, but gold pistols? Bad taste should always be punished.

Well those are the 7 simple  rules for dictators around the world.  And that is from that Good man from Land of Pure Irfan Husain.. read it all at this link  Well Mr. Musharraf used some of those rules pretty well.

Reply #112 - October 24, 2011, 07:26 AM

^ +

8 ) Don't shock the world with your brutality against civilians. They might send in NATO to intervene.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #113 - October 24, 2011, 07:37 AM

^ +

Cool Don't shock the world with your brutality against civilians. They might send in NATO to intervene.

WHO ARE "THEY" ateapotist??   You mean Allah and Allah soldiers?? or civilians of Libya?? lol....

well the point of people like these.. for e.g Siddique Humayun  in Dawn is the following..

I wonder what humanity has stooped down to when I see people jubilating and celebrating the death of a man. Fine you don’t like Qadhafi, fine he was a tyrant in your opinion, and fine, he might have ruled with an iron hand, but he sir, was a human being.

It was a 42 year long rule of Qadhafi that not only increased the literacy rate, but the economy and wellbeing of his country. Libya was a peaceful country and its economy one of the strongest in the continent of Africa. It was also one of the only voices of reason that supported the Statehood of Palestine.

The so called revolution of the people of Libya took 6 months compared to less than 20 days of Egypt or Tunisia which happened in a matter of days as well. Why? If Qadhafi was really such a despotic murderer, why did half the country support him? Why did it take months of aerial bombardment by the international police called Nato?

Because it was not a people’s revolution, it was the western fueled and funded Libyans by the West in an attempt to bring into a power a group that is friendly to their agenda. While whole cities and towns fought and gave their lives for Colonel Muammar Qadhafi, they were subject to international sanctions and a freeze on Libyan assets. It was not a revolution; it was a perfect example of “divide and rule” on the people of Libya – so swiftly executed that it has yet to strike Libyans, “what now?”

The Libyans not only took Qadhafi from themselves, they took their own stability and prosperity that was present to date. With inflation that was less than 1 per cent and a GDP growth rate the soared above 10 per cent in 2010, it is undeniable that the reforms and planning of the Libyan economy was better than many countries of the same size and regime.

So, the West accomplished its goal, one by one, all oil producing countries are falling in its lap. Yet there is something worse that is going on. Humanity is dying, if it isn’t dead already. Perhaps, the media is to partly blame for showing such excitement and happiness upon the death of a human but we cannot always blame others, it is in the end no one else but ourselves that are responsible for actions, the media is only projecting the images back at us.

The ruthlessness of humanity can be discerned from the horrifying act of displaying the deceased’s body in a commercial freezer in Misrata, perhaps following the trends of making the dead fish food. Despite all the scars that the Colonel might have left on his country, it is immature to consider any human, let alone regimes, entirely evil or entirely good. It is deplorable to drag an old bleeding man who is pleading for his life, and it is illegal under international law to execute a prisoner without a fair trial.

Was Qadhafi really executed or was it an incident of cross-fire? Only a proper investigation can answer that. The United Nations, as well as Russia has raised concerns and called for such an examination of the events.

However, democracy seems to be too busy celebrating the death of a man that was pulled out of his hiding place, wounded so badly that he could barely walk. The revolution dragged Qadhafi and not only took his life, humiliated his dead body and is continuing to do so.

Yes, many never agreed with the policies and working of the Qadhafi regime, but the man, more so, humanity did not deserve such an ending. May the soul of Qadhafi rest in peace because the world is bound to make a spectacle of his life and his dead body for as long as it serves its purpose.

The author is a policy analyst and a social worker from Islamabad who believes that the glass is half full. He can be reached at siddique.humayun@gmail.com

I do agree a bit of Humayun Siiddique, the only thing I agree in that article is,  that No Human being deserves such ending as that of Qadhafi.  Question is such brutal killing  anything to do with NATO or is that anything to do with Revenge?? The Islamic Allah hoo akbaar Revenge?? some Brainless brutes..

Reply #114 - October 25, 2011, 11:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=secqt4t5OHA

and Iran's Ahmadinejad says West set to plunder Libya
    Western countries supported Muammar Gaddafi when it suited them but bombed the Libyan leader when he no longer served their purpose in order to "plunder" the north African country's oil wealth, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday. While Tehran has applauded the people of Libya for overthrowing the man it considered an illegitimate dictator, Ahmadinejad warned Libyans that the West now aimed to run their country for them.

"Show me one European or American president who has not travelled to Libya or has not signed an agreement (with Gaddafi)," Ahmadinejad said in a speech broadcast live in which he accused the West of ordering the former leader's execution.

"Some people said they killed this gentleman to make sure he would not be able to say anything, just like what they did to bin Laden," he said. Iran accuses the West of helping create the Sunni Muslim militant group al Qaeda run by Saudi-born Osama bin Laden, who was killed by U.S. special forces in Pakistan in May.

Ahmadinejad derided the West's approach to the Security Council, which he called an "organization with no honor," saying the UN resolution to take action against Gaddafi was used as an authorization to "plunder" Libyan oil. "Any decision that would strengthen the presence, domination or influence of foreigners would be contrary to the Libyan nation's interests," Ahmadinejad said.

"The expectation of the world of the Libyan nation is that they stand and run the country themselves."....

Noam Chomsky on Libya Sep 16, 2011 before the killing of Muammar Gaddafi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFsZQedsWuw

Reply #115 - October 25, 2011, 11:25 AM

I hate Hillary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlz3-OzcExI

Fuckin silver-spoon sociopath.

fuck you
     Reply #116 - October 28, 2011, 06:44 PM

I hate Hillary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlz3-OzcExI

Fuckin silver-spoon sociopath.

SO you are a Bush guy.. Bush wanker  ..lol..

anyway the man.. The Albanian man  writes The Gaddafi I knew
    “What’s going on, what’s happening,” a wounded, dazed Muammar Gaddafi, reportedly, asked just before he was murdered in Sirte, Libya.  The “Brother Leader” had once asked me something similar. A year after the US sought to assassinate him by dropping a 2,000lb bomb on his bedroom in Tripoli’s Baba al-Azizya barracks, Gaddafi took me by the hand, guided me out of his trademark Bedouin tent, and walked me around the ruins of his private quarters. He showed me the bed on which his two-year old adopted daughter had been killed by the US laser-guided bomb.
    With a plaintive look, he asked me: “Why, Mr Eric, why are the Western powers trying to kill me?” I was stunned. Gaddafi appeared to be sincere. Could he not understand why he had become a hate figure and target number one. A leader Ronald Reagan called, “the mad dog of the Middle East.” The answer, I told him, was punishment: First, for shaming his brother Arab leaders into raising the price of oil to a fair trade value. Second, his naïve, unquestioning support for all sorts of violent “anti-colonial” movements: Among them, the IRA, Basque ETA, killer Abu Nidal, Philippine Muslim rebels, Nelson Mandela’s ANC. Any group that called itself “anti-colonial” or “liberationist” and got to Tripoli came away with bags of dollars and Gaddafi’s support.

Yet, Libya’s leader kept asking me the same question when we returned to his tent. We talked far into the night about subjects from Palestine to the Italian tailors he loved. Right to his ugly death, I believe he never really understood why so many were trying to kill him. And this was still the younger Gaddafi whose idol and father figure was Egypt’s Gamal Abdel Nasser with whom he shared the dream of uniting all the Arabs and throwing off Western neo-colonial rule.  Like Nasser, Gaddafi was bitterly disappointed by his fellow squabbling Arab rulers, who had no interest in Arab unity or liberating Palestine. Gaddafi’s dismay turned to rage against the Arab leaders; they, in turn, saw him as embarrassment, a lunatic, and menace.

Gaddafi gave up his visions of Arab unity, turned his back on the Arab world, and sought to make himself the dominant power in Africa. African leaders were no more willing to join a united black Africa under Gaddafi than were the Arabs. As Gaddafi’s youthful dreams turned to ashes, he became increasingly eccentric and flamboyant. His “Arab socialism” scheme nearly wrecked Libya’s economy, in spite of billions from oil exports. Every week seemed to bring a new, cockeyed social or economic experiment, and ever more zany behaviour by the “Brother Leader.”

Gaddafi told me that night in Tripoli that if he were overthrown, the Western powers would quickly grab Libya’s oil. His words were prophetic. The uprising that began earlier this year was organised, armed and supported by French and British intelligence. NATO warplanes and helicopters, and special forces, did the serious fighting and broke Gaddafi’s forces. All the gun-waving rebels were window dressing to cover a Western military intervention that was supposedly for “humanitarian” purposes.

Last week, a French Mirage fighter, reportedly, destroyed the convoy in which Gaddafi fleeing besieged Sirte. He was seriously wounded, and then captured and lynched by an angry mob. Competing groups of Western-backed technocrats and former regime members will now vie for power with militant Islamists and hard men from Benghazi. The British, French, and Italians, all former colonial masters of North Africa’s coast, will likely offer troops for “training.” Businessmen and carpetbaggers from Europe, the US and Canada are already pouring into Libya, a new sandy version of Alaska’s Klondike gold rush. What will happen to Gaddafi’s reserves of tens of billions of dollars remains to be seen. Expect a flood of fraudulent emails from Nigeria: “I am Colonel Gaddafi’s former Finance Minister and need you help to move $15 million out of Libya.”

Other mysteries remain. Where is Abdullah Senoussi, Gaddafi’s brother-in-law and intelligence chief? I dined with him in Tripoli. He holds the answers to the mysteries of the 1980’s sabotage of a French UTA and Pan Am airliners. Was Libya really behind these crimes, or was it framed?

The French and Americans will want access to Libyan intelligence files and to Mr Senoussi, who has been already convicted in absentia in France of the UTA bombing.
    If Gaddafi was, indeed, behind the aircraft bombings, as most of the world believes, then he deserves not one bit of sympathy from us. If not, then we should at least acknowledge him for building modern Libya.

When I first came to Libya in the early 1970’s, it was little more than a fuel and rest stop on the road between Alexandria and Tunis. Only united in 1951, Libya barely existed at the time. Its doddering king, Idris, was a British puppet. The US has its largest overseas air base in Libya. Gaddafi, for all his crazy antics, daffy outfits, spasmodic cruelty and nutty “Green Revolution,” managed to unite Libya, providing it with housing, hospitals, roads, a thriving oil industry and the trappings of modern civilisation. But he also wasted billions on his madcap Great Manmade River that brought ancient artesian water from the Sahara to the coast.

Unfortunately, for Libyans, if Gaddafi had employed good economic sense, instead of his crackpot “Arab socialism,” Libya today would probably be a well-run powerhouse, like Qatar and the UAE. Instead, Gaddafi squandered untold billions promoting anti-colonial revolutions, and trying to make himself the chief of black Africa. But his money did not buy friends. Or at least for very long. During the 1980’s, the US, Britain, France and Egypt, tried repeatedly to assassinate Gaddafi.

But from 2003 until last year, Gaddafi was rehabilitated; he and his high-grade oil were brought into the Western fold. President George W. Bush hailed Gaddafi as, “our important ally in the war against terror.” Gaddafi toured Europe, where he held hands with France’s Nicholas Sarkozy and Italy’s Silvio Berlusconi, exchanging vows of friendship and cooperation. Lured by oil, Britain’s Tony Blair came to Tripoli to grovel before Gaddafi.

When rebellion erupted in Benghazi earlier this year - very likely sparked by the French and British intelligence services - Gaddafi quickly lost his new friends and was again relegated to pariah. Libya’s oil was too great a prize to stand on treaties or promises.
    Gaddafi failed to see what was happening. Going from humble Bedouin herdsman to absolute ruler was too much, too fast. Gaddafi was not crazy, but for sure he was the oddest person I have met. But he was also sly as a fox and truly charismatic. In a world of Arab dictators in poorly tailored suits, Gaddafi was a peacock - albeit a dangerous one.

After all these years, I still can’t figure out whether Gaddafi was really hearing voices that guided him, or just having adolescent fun scandalising and frightening the world. .......

.. that is a complete article and that is what he thinks.,  I agree part of what he writes , he does have a point.. Off course The hero Colonel was an out dated megalomaniac fool who could not read the pulse of his nation..  He was still living in 7th century tents since 1960..

well let us also watch Mr. Eric Margolis
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-hPum5tk7U

Reply #117 - October 29, 2011, 09:11 AM

Some dictators won’t heed the lesson Robert Fisk write here

Two days before Libyan ruler Muammar Qadhafi was murdered, I was reading the morning newspapers in Beirut and discovered a remarkable story on most front pages. At the time, Qadhafi was still hiding in Sirte, but there was this quotation by the US Secretary of State, La Clinton, speaking in Tripoli itself. “We hope he can be captured or killed soon,” she said, “so that you don’t have to fear him any longer.”

This was so extraordinary that I underlined La Clinton’s words and clipped the article from one of the front pages. (My archives are on paper.) “We hope he can be captured or killed soon.” Then bingo. Nato bombs his runaway convoy and the old boy is hauled wounded from a sewage pipe and done away with.

Now in an age when America routinely assassinates its enemies, La Clinton’s words were remarkable because they at last acknowledged the truth. Normally, the State Department or the White House churned out the usual nonsense about how Qadhafi or Osama bin Laden or whoever must be “brought to justice” — and we all know what that means.

But this week, the whole business turned much darker. Asked about his personal reaction, Obama the Good said that no one wanted to meet such an end, but that Qadhafi’s death should be a lesson “to all dictators around the world”. And we all knew what that meant.

Principally, the message was to Bashar al Assad of Syria. Maybe, ran the subtext, they would meet the same sticky end.

So now here I am in Damascus and I’ve been asking Syrians what they made of the whole business. Whenever I said Qadhafi was a crackpot, they would wholeheartedly agree. But when I spoke to a very senior government official who works directly for the Syrian leadership, he spoke in slightly different terms. “We don’t accept any comparisons,” he said. “But the seriousness of Qadhafi’s killing is that in the West in the future, they are going to say: ‘See how the Libyans behave? See how the Arabs behave? See how Muslims behave?’ This will be used against Islam. It was humiliating for the Libyans more than it was for Qadhafi, and that is why I fear it will be used against all of us. This is my real concern.”

First lady angered: In any event, I was made very much aware by her own personal assistant how “deeply hurt” Bashar al-Assad’s wife Asma was at a report in The Independent a couple of weeks ago which suggested that she was indifferent to the plight of civilian opponents of the regime killed by the security forces. The story — not by me — quoted an aid official in Damascus who was present at a meeting with the First Lady, saying that — when asked about the casualties — “there was no reaction”.

Needless to say, this report was gobbled up by the Arab media, including Al Jazeera, Assad’s most hated TV station. Now Asma al Assad’s assistant has just given me the Syrian Red Crescent’s own official Arabic-language account of the meeting.

It makes interesting reading. Red Crescent volunteers told the president’s wife that they received better treatment from the army “which has a clear leadership” than they did from the intelligence services at the checkpoints across Syria — they said the “muhabarrat” intelligence “enjoys no leadership or clear principles, at least from our point of view” — and that vehicles from the Ministry of Health are sometimes misused by “parties without control and this has created a situation of fear among citizens”.

Mrs Assad was told how difficult it was for the Red Crescent to work in dangerous areas and to move the wounded.

well most of the article talks about Assad and Syria but it if American Politicians if some how are directly linked to that Murder of Muammar Qadhafi in public,(Not alallalla enraged crowd) then   It is a different story., It is criminal...

One should go bit  deeper in to Libyan recent history to figure out how many  Libyan people did Muammar Qadhafi killed to keep himself in power in comparison with the dictators of his times  is the question to answer..

• End of Muammar Gaddafi ???
     Reply #118 - August 04, 2015, 05:47 PM

yes..yes...

There you go.. Allhoooo akbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr..  Allhoooo akbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr..

fucking shit.. Revenge.. revenge and revenge.. that is how Islamic mindset  works.,

Sure that guy was unarmed and in a rat hole .. He was BRUTALLY MURDERED by these Islamic heroes..

well that i wrote on  October 20, 2011, 05:35 PM..

and the news now from BBC says

Gaddafi's son sentenced to death - in 15 seconds

A court in Libya has sentenced Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, son of deposed leader Col Muammar Gaddafi, and eight others to death over war crimes linked to the 2011 revolution.  More than 30 close associates of Col Gaddafi were tried for suppressing peaceful protests during the uprising.
    Saif al-Islam was not in court, but has previously appeared via video link. He is being held by a former rebel group from the town of Zintan that refuses to hand him over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkDn3vl_Zs0

i wonder whether that guy is still alive.. and this was is another son the 4th one Mutassim Gaddafi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PptIWdxC2KE

Mutassim Billah Gaddafi (Arabic: مُعْتَصِمٌ بِٱللهِ ٱلْقَذَّافِيّ‎, also transliterated as Moatassem or Al-Mu‍ '​tasim; 18 December 1974[1]  – 20 October 2011) was a Libyan Army officer, and the National Security Advisor of Libya from 2008 until 2011.[2] He was the fourth son of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, and a member of his father's inner circle.[3][4][5][6] His mother was Safia Farkash. He was captured during the Battle of Sirte by anti-Gaddafi forces, and executed along with his father.

He overreached his role as NSA in 2008 by requesting $1.2 billion from the National Oil Corporation to form his own special forces brigade ] Mutassim Gaddafi met U.S. Senators John McCain and Joseph Lieberman in 2009, expressing a strong need for military support in Libya. Gaddafi warned, "There are 60 million Algerians to the West, 80 million Egyptians to the East, we have Europe in front of us, and we face Sub-Saharan Africa with its problems to the South." He was concerned about upgrading Libya's military equipment, and said he could purchase arms from Russia and China, but wanted to buy materiel from the United States

well there goes billions and billions........... 

ha!  what a contrast..

• End of Muammar Gaddafi ???
     Reply #119 - August 04, 2015, 06:06 PM

In the bombing campaign against Libya Danish fighter jets were deliberately targeting Gadaffi's civilian holdouts and reportedly killed his infant grand kids.

It made the feeling "this is not what we signed up for" widespread in the Danish community.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »