Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I am a former Muslim and former Muslim debater/apologist.

(Read 16250 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: I am a former Muslim and former Muslim debater/apologist.
     Reply #30 - October 14, 2011, 07:56 PM

Welcome,

I remember reading your apostasy testimony before I apostated - with hindsight I think it actually helped me to come to my decision.

I look forward to reading your posts, and getting to know you online.
     Reply #31 - October 15, 2011, 05:25 PM

serpentofeden, I would love to debate Christians and Muslims. This month I debated Pastor Jonathan Switzer on the topic of whether Hell is a just punishment for nonbelievers/sinners. I am going to debate the same topic with Christian Evangelist and Radio talk show host Bob Seigel in the coming months, and I give a presentation on Spirituality this coming Sunday at Skepticamp 2011. So yea I totally want to debate Muslims and Christians.

strangestdude, you remind me a lot of myself, its kinda weird. Are you on YT, have you seen my YT channel?

AgentWar,  My Muslim friends are not happy at all. And its almost gone as far as some of my closest Muslim friend slowly not talking to me anymore. It becomes obvious that friends are not really friends when they don't love you for who you are but for what you believe ...

On the other hand, I continue to have Muslim friends who talk to me about religion all the time and still love me despite my changes in beliefs.

My parents were very upset when I switched from Ahmadiyya to Sunni Islam 10 years ago. 10 years later they realize that it does not matter what religion a person follows as long as it helps them become a better person. So they are not as upset as they were 10 years ago when I left the Ahmadiyya sect.

TheLeader, yeah I agree with you, even though I'm an ex-Muslim, I don't want to bash Islam, I just want to disagree with it and there are some guys at FFI that want to bash. My hope is to be a calm voice in the midst of negativity, hostility and animosity. They need to hear a calmer voice over there.

Stay in touch guys!

Farhan

youtube.com/user/orthodox786
     Reply #32 - October 15, 2011, 06:41 PM

strangestdude, you remind me a lot of myself, its kinda weird. Are you on YT, have you seen my YT channel?

Really, how?

I've sent you a friend invite. My channel name is the same as my username here.
     Reply #33 - October 15, 2011, 09:18 PM

Welcome Farhan!

اه, يا ولاد الكدابة
     Reply #34 - October 16, 2011, 12:30 AM

a warm welcome, FarhanQureshi.  

there's that 786 again... lol.  

here's a jinn to welcome your arrival ghost

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #35 - October 19, 2011, 03:01 PM

serpentofeden, I would love to debate Christians and Muslims. This month I debated Pastor Jonathan Switzer on the topic of whether Hell is a just punishment for nonbelievers/sinners. I am going to debate the same topic with Christian Evangelist and Radio talk show host Bob Seigel in the coming months, and I give a presentation on Spirituality this coming Sunday at Skepticamp 2011. So yea I totally want to debate Muslims and Christians.

is there an mp3/youtube vid of this  Smiley
     Reply #36 - October 19, 2011, 03:56 PM

Welcome Farhan - I am farhan to meet you Smiley

clever lol

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #37 - October 19, 2011, 04:43 PM

Farhan...
    After watching your apostacy video, I had to comment again on your intro thread.

I knew there was something special about you, even when we both were
    muslims. You were always a deep thinker, and I recognized
    that long before either of us recognized the truth about the Abrahamic faiths.
    Neither of us stopped thinking and looking for truth.  You have no idea how
    elated I am to see you here!  The journey continues, doesnt it?   Smiley

Again, a VERY warm welcome, dear Farhan!

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #38 - October 19, 2011, 05:31 PM

hi and welcome...
     Reply #39 - October 19, 2011, 05:33 PM

Welcome Farhan - I am farhan to meet you Smiley

lol.. Hassan you crack me up..
     Reply #40 - October 26, 2011, 12:19 PM

Farhan, I have just subscribed to your YouTube channel!

I don't know what others think, but I get a feeling of negative association with the website FFI, I suspect a number of Muslims might not even read what you have written simply because of where it is published.

May I suggest instead that when you write an article you instead create a YouTube video out of it?  This way you are speaking 100% as an individual with no affiliations (perceived or actual) and your words will be taken as such.

If FFI and other sites want to promote your videos that is up to them :-)

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #41 - October 26, 2011, 01:22 PM

Hi Farhaan i can't believe that after 3 years you have finally left Islam, what am i talking about? Well i used to have a youtube channel as well and on several occasions we had discussions about Islam and it's correct interpretation, to say the least we had some heated discussions, most of the heat being provided by myself (yeah i do know that sounds incredibly homo erotic), in any case i am happy for you and i hope you enjoy your stay here, oh and here's a parrot - it's not optional -  parrot

@TheRationalizer nyanya
     Reply #42 - October 26, 2011, 01:26 PM

aka, "mandatory" Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #43 - October 26, 2011, 06:36 PM

Farhan, I have just subscribed to your YouTube channel!

I don't know what others think, but I get a feeling of negative association with the website FFI, I suspect a number of Muslims might not even read what you have written simply because of where it is published.

May I suggest instead that when you write an article you instead create a YouTube video out of it?  This way you are speaking 100% as an individual with no affiliations (perceived or actual) and your words will be taken as such.

If FFI and other sites want to promote your videos that is up to them :-)

Boy many at CEMB throw fire balls at FFI., interestingly many of CEMB guys started with FFI..

Look at FFI guys.. they are so poor and homeless.. living alone on streets.. have some pity on them and on yeezevee.. Allaaht  will bless for you that Mr. TheRationalizer ...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #44 - November 08, 2011, 12:34 PM

Hey Peace guys,

Quite a few individuals have told me to join this Forum and finally I've come to it. I am not from the UK though, I live the States.  After having left Islam this year, in May 2011, I decided to claim Agnosticism as my philosophical perspective. As a debater/apologist I engaged in academic discussions with notable Christian scholars/apologists such as David Wood, Nabeel Qureshi, Tony Costa, Sam Shamoun, Dr. James White and others. My debates from the time I was Muslim are available online. Currently, I am an author/contributor to Faith Freedom International (another ex-Muslim reach out website) and my articles can be found here:

faithfreedom.org/author/farhan-qureshi/

My YouTube channel is here:

youtube.com/user/orthodox786  ....

In a nutshell, the reason I left Islam was after my education in Psychology and work in Mental Health I realized that the doctrine of Hell was absolutely unjust one and that if God/Allah is capable of allowing an infinite torture for finite actions and/or processing information/concepts/theology the wrong way, then such a deity by definition would be Evil. I could no longer believe that so many wonderful and beautiful people, many who are products of their circumstances, should be judged this way.

I can only appreciate forums and reach out programs such as CEMB which become places of support and comfort for ex-Muslims enduring this major life transition. Thank You CEMB.

Farhan Qureshi

How do people leave Islam on a particular date/month?

Have I missed some kind of ceremony? Huh?

For me it was gradual...from thinking God has always existed, therefore he hasn't grown, which explains his childlike behaviour, two years later roughly, he no longer existed.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #45 - November 08, 2011, 01:17 PM

I had a YouTube video up about Islam, and converting to it, was about 5 years ago. It got over 100,000 views, I took it down. Got loads of messages asking why I took it down.

It never got boring replying to each and every one of them "I'm an atheist now."

da finga

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #46 - November 08, 2011, 06:26 PM

For me it was gradual...from thinking God has always existed, therefore he hasn't grown, which explains his childlike behaviour, two years later roughly, he no longer existed.

It's not a ceremony so much as a state of mind shift. Perhaps yours was gradual, but I can remember the exact date, and even the exact moment, when all my doubts finally culminated in the sudden epiphany that I am no longer a Muslim with doubts, but rather not a Muslim at all. It was a huge rush, an unexpected blow, and a moment I will never forget.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #47 - November 08, 2011, 06:27 PM

It never got boring replying to each and every one of them "I'm an atheist now."

da finga

Cheesy

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #48 - November 08, 2011, 06:31 PM

I don't think anyone actually leaves it on a day or month.

I stopped officially practicing and let *everything* go at the end of ramadan (eid) 2004. Of course my faith had been dying for years prior to this. By the time I 'left' I had already stopped believing in any theistic concept of god and definitely stopped believing in anything Islamic. But I kept going through the motions until I finally decided to put an end to this facade.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #49 - November 08, 2011, 06:41 PM

It's not a ceremony so much as a state of mind shift. Perhaps yours was gradual, but I can remember the exact date, and even the exact moment, when all my doubts finally culminated in the sudden epiphany that I am no longer a Muslim with doubts, but rather not a Muslim at all. It was a huge rush, an unexpected blow, and a moment I will never forget.

I suppose everyone is different, I'm personally quite a freak mind wise, I can go back into Muslim mode, I even playfully pretended to be a Satanist when I was doing salah, just for the fun of it...somehow I never had the feeling of offending God, I knew he had a sense of humour, and it was probably his 100th attribute.

Classic projectionism, making God in my own image.

That rush you got, sounds awesome.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #50 - November 09, 2011, 12:29 PM

Hi Farhan I also am new to CEMB

thumbs up for leaving that death cult  Afro
  • I am a former Muslim and former Muslim debater/apologist.
     Reply #51 - May 31, 2015, 02:08 PM

Farhan hasn't been logged on for years but I'm posting this recent interview by brother Rachid here as I think it is great Smiley

Brother Rachid is a Moroccan Christian convert from Islam but there is only "slight" proselyting in the video from about the 25 minute mark Tongue

Farhan is an American born to a Muslim Pakistani family, he started as an Ahmadi Muslim, then he found out that Ahmadiyya is just a sect far from the main stream Islam. He left Ahmadiyya to be a Sunni Muslim. His journey continued when he found out that Islam is not what Muslims in the west claim it to be; it is not “the religion of peace”, he left Islam, now he is agnostic.

In English with Arabic subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65O2mAZ8CHQ

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #52 - May 31, 2015, 05:37 PM

i was listening him talk about DMT day. Farhan is into shamanism now. His belated psychadelic parrot

Reply #53 - June 01, 2015, 11:05 AM

Farhan hasn't been logged on for years but I'm posting this recent interview by brother Rachid here as I think it is great Smiley

Brother Rachid is a Moroccan Christian convert from Islam but there is only "slight" proselyting in the video from about the 25 minute mark Tongue

In English with Arabic subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65O2mAZ8CHQ

Good interview.

Not sure I agree with his statement: "Multiculturalism has failed" itsi far too broad and needs to be defined. Some people think multiculturalism means we must turn a blind eye to fgm or radical preachers… that's not what I would consider to be multiculturalism.

Personally I believe there should be certain universal values that say the uk could say it upholds and no one is excused regardless of their culture. But that doesntd mean they can't express other aspects if their culture that do not contradict these things.

It concerns me that the slogan "multiculturalism has failed" is being used as a trojan horse by some racists.
     Reply #54 - June 14, 2015, 04:25 PM

True. It has become a swear word just like "liberal" banghead

Off-topic, but we have a parliamentary election here on Thursday and in a recent debate the opposition right-wing leader (the Liberal Party's former prime minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen) and the current Social Democratic prime minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt got asked this question:

Is Denmark a multi-cultural society?

Helle Thorning-Schmidt: "No, we aren't"
    Lars Løkke Rasmussen: "No, but we are in danger of becoming one if we don't pull ourselves together"

My friends with immigrant and refugee backgrounds were not amused (neither was I - I'm all for throwing parties at Nowruz, Eid and Diwali and whatnot sloshed )

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #55 - June 15, 2015, 12:41 PM

Is Denmark a multi-cultural society?

Helle Thorning-Schmidt: "No, we aren't"
    Lars Løkke Rasmussen: "No, but we are in danger of becoming one if we don't pull ourselves together"

That's terrible!! Without defining what they mean - it could imply closing mosques, banning Eid, the wearing of the thob or shirwal qamees etc...

By not qualifying their answer, it means they don't care if it is misinterpreted - maybe they want it to be - or maybe they do want a blanket & widespread ban on any cultural practices outside "Danish" culture.

It's quite worrying the way things are going across Europe. Though hard-line Islamists will be rubbing their hands with glee.
     Reply #56 - June 15, 2015, 01:32 PM

Well in their (and many other's) ears the question was:

"Is Denmark about to be overrun by Muslims and turned into an Islamic State"?

Fun facts:

Helle Thorning-Schmidt's husband is from Wales.

Lars Løkke Rasmussen's wife is from the Faroe Islands.

The Danish national dish is roasted pork with parsley sauce and potatoes. It most likely got voted as the national dish because it would be a kick in the face of Muslims. As pork is cryptonite to Muslims. Or so people think. Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't take much imagination to make it with lamb instead. "20 classical Danish dishes - as halal" would most likely be a blockbuster.

Add that parsley allegedly is from Persia. Sauce is from France and potatoes are from South America.

Also the last stand of Danishness - the Conservative Party - has a leader who is married to a Black guy (yes, they are gays) from Santo Domingo.

Add all the people with Eastern European Jewish names, Polish names, Huguenots and others. They are all perfectly good in today's Denmark.

Multi-culturalism?
    Never heard of it.

Reply #57 - June 15, 2015, 04:45 PM

Seems a bit far fetched to say having roast pork as a national dish/fav food is to piss off muslims.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #58 - June 15, 2015, 09:59 PM

Edit

Urghh..  forget it

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #59 - June 16, 2015, 07:46 AM

I'm not, and never was, really comfortable with multicultural society as a model. I'm more in favour of integration of newcomers (ny mother came to the UK from Italy after the war, so I'm not complaining about immigration per se). If you haven't seen this programme, I urge you to watch it. It might help you understand what many are saying when they criticize multicultural ideology. This is a channel 4 link. The programme is on YouTube, I think.
    www.channel4.com/programmes/things-we-wont-say-about-race-that-are-true
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »