Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Man Who Has Been In The U.S. Legally Faces Deportation Back To Cuba

(Read 6664 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Man Who Has Been In The U.S. Legally Faces Deportation Back To Cuba
     OP - October 10, 2011, 05:02 PM

Please sign the petition and spread the word:

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-deportation-of-aracelio-jimenez-aguila

Why this is Important

Aracelio Jimenez Aguila (A024793698)  has spent most of his life in the United States, working, paying taxes and raising a family. Although he was born in Cuba, he has been married to an American citizen for ten years. He has two daughters, both US citizens. The US government has allowed Aguila to be here, too; his presence has been no secret to them.

He has remained in good standing with his I-94 and legal work authorization, and he has a Social Security card. He has paid state and federal taxes every year. He has also paid into Social Security. Despite this, Aguila's citizenship status has remained in limbo, as has been the case for many Mariel Cubans. Recently, with his wife's help, Aguila has been approaching the final stages of his Permanent Resident (green card) application.

When bounty hunters working for ICE officials took Aguila into custody on September 19, 2011, he and his family were shocked. Arrested during dinner at his own home, Aguila was treated as a dangerous criminal, handcuffed in front of his 10-year-old daughter. While ICE officials claim they are enforcing a deportation order from 1986, they have yet to provide Aguila's attorney with a copy of the order. The attorney cannot understand why this deportation order wasn't mentioned at Aguila's recent green card interview.

ICE officers in the Buffalo detention center in Batavia, NY, have been ignoring protocol, trying to intimidate and force Aguila to sign paperwork that might finalize his deportation. Aguila has asked for his attorney, and the law dictates that he should not be questioned without her. Aguila has been told that he would be placed in solitary confinement for his refusal to sign.

Meanwhile, a file with his green card application sits on the desk of USCIS officials in Buffalo. Aguila has no dangerous criminal past, and has had a clean record since Immigration released him from custody in 1987. He simply wants to live a peaceful life with his family, and to watch his children grow up.

There are many citizens who have spoken to the generosity of Aguila's character. Aguila is a charitable and hard working person, and immediately after his detention, in an astounding display of solidarity, more than 100 friends rushed to write letters of support for his green card application, citing the value and merit of his presence in the United States. Aguila has an American wife and American children, and he has paid American taxes for years.

While the US government has never been without his contact information, he has never received any communication regarding this deportation order, which still has not been seen by him or his lawyer. Now he is seized from his family as though he has been hiding. ICE asserts that they are dealing with dangerous illegals, yet Aguila is neither.
  • Re: Man Who Has Been In The U.S. Legally Faces Deportation Back To Cuba
     Reply #1 - October 10, 2011, 05:08 PM

Please sign the petition and spread the word:

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-the-deportation-of-aracelio-jimenez-aguila

Why this is Important

Hmm next in line is this guy, That guy should be sent to Somalia..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - October 10, 2011, 05:36 PM

This sucks. Here is a guy who has been paying taxes for years and has done nothing, but he is facing deportation anyway, while there are terrorists coming into the U.S. to plus blow something up and they get sent to prison when caught.
     Reply #3 - October 11, 2011, 12:40 AM

Deporting the wrong people :(

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #4 - October 11, 2011, 01:15 AM

alot of illegal aliens pay taxes, have fraudulent social security numbers,
    and have a blind eye turned to them for years, sometimes the remainder
    of their life.  If this guy came here illegally initially, and got his SS
    fraudulently, that could cause problems.  Now why they singled this guy
    out of over 12 million illegals, who knows!  I know the church plays a
    HUGE part in sheltering, and hiding illegals in the USA.  how well I
    know! 

Whose to say we have the whole story, anyway?  Are there any
    articles to support this?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #5 - October 11, 2011, 01:31 AM

i did a google on this guy, and all i came up with were petitions.

It would at least be addressed in the press, dontchya think?
    Especially if ICE were involved!

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #6 - October 11, 2011, 02:24 AM

Deporting the wrong people :(

yup
     Reply #7 - October 11, 2011, 02:27 AM

i did a google on this guy, and all i came up with were petitions.

It would at least be addressed in the press, dontchya think?
    Especially if ICE were involved!

I've known the guys in-laws since I was 10 ( I'm now 29 ). They are not making this yup. Besides the media like to censor things and this happens more then we think. A while ago ICE deported a guy whose been in the U.S. for 50 years and even served in the U.S. army which would grant automatic U.S. citizenship.
     Reply #8 - October 13, 2011, 11:26 PM

alot of illegal aliens pay taxes, have fraudulent social security numbers,
    and have a blind eye turned to them for years, sometimes the remainder
    of their life.  If this guy came here illegally initially, and got his SS
    fraudulently, that could cause problems.  Now why they singled this guy
    out of over 12 million illegals, who knows!  I know the church plays a
    HUGE part in sheltering, and hiding illegals in the USA.  how well I
    know! 

Whose to say we have the whole story, anyway?  Are there any
    articles to support this?

Roll Eyes Great, demonizing "illegals", and criticizing the Catholic Church for one of the few good things they do, great job there JNT.

and even served in the U.S. army which would grant automatic U.S. citizenship.

No it does not.

fuck you
     Reply #9 - October 14, 2011, 12:15 AM

how did i demonize them?  Only speaking from personal experience,
    and a mission i worked in, in CA was nothing but illegals! LOL we prayed
    for them to get legal citizenship AND not get caught for years LOL.

Helen Keller
     Reply #10 - October 14, 2011, 02:02 AM

Roll Eyes You're anti-undocumented immigrant and the fact you think you were doing bad work by helping working people who came here and crossed an imaginary line drawn for political purposes to pursue better opportunities for themselves and their families, just because it's against some bullshit law that puts up barriers for the poor and working people but lets the rich and their investments move around freely, I find quite upsetting.

fuck you
     Reply #11 - October 14, 2011, 02:16 AM

You're anti-undocumented immigrant and the fact you think you were doing bad work

Cheesy   Huh?  Cheesy

Helen Keller
     Reply #12 - October 15, 2011, 02:20 AM

My bad. Should not have made that assumption. You know me, always assuming the worst. It's really your use of the word "illegals", not "illegal immigrants" even but just "illegals"-- I think it's a dehumanizing term so I had a knee-jerk reaction to it, even though I realize now you probably didn't mean anything by it.

fuck you
  • Man Who Has Been In The U.S. Legally Faces Deportation Back To Cuba
     Reply #13 - June 12, 2015, 08:41 AM

This particular story has a happy ending. Shame about the others.

After years of meticulous filing and processing, Aracelio has received his green card!

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »