Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Human Extinction - A good thing?

(Read 12793 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Human Extinction - A good thing?
     Reply #60 - September 14, 2011, 11:57 PM

Ok, I really don't see how that is morally good...
     Reply #61 - September 15, 2011, 02:40 AM

I'm not really a follower though, partly because they encourage things like vasectomy. And to me that's a very permanent sort of commitment for anyone to be undertaking.

And it’s also having the balls to back up your beliefs.
     Reply #62 - September 15, 2011, 03:53 AM

Nah, you don't need to have a vasectomy to ensure that you won't produce children. I'm living proof of there being other ways to ensure such a thing. I.e virginity.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #63 - September 15, 2011, 05:31 AM

Yup, I think that is one of the main arguments of VHEMT.

I'm not really a follower though, partly because they encourage things like vasectomy. And to me that's a very permanent sort of commitment for anyone to be undertaking.

There is no "main argument" for this shit. It's environmentalism gone mad, a pseudo-religion that worships nature for the sake of worshipping nature. No one gives a fuck. Fuck the environment, burn coal, kill pandas, chop down a fucking 5000 year old Seqoiua. Who gives a shit, nature is a whore, we are the alpha predators, we take all. If we're goin down then we're taking this planet with us. Without us, life is meaningless repetition with no art, architecture, culture, music, love, dreams or true happiness. The only way to justify human extinction if we were to be replaced by a higher form of life. But not for some fucking trees and koalas.

Fuck koalas.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #64 - September 15, 2011, 05:35 AM

virginity.

Ha.

The moment a pair of big tits and wet vagina dangle themselves in front of you you're gonna forget this VHEMT shit in a jiffy

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #65 - September 15, 2011, 02:10 PM

There is no "main argument" for this shit. It's environmentalism gone mad, a pseudo-religion that worships nature for the sake of worshipping nature. No one gives a fuck. Fuck the environment, burn coal, kill pandas, chop down a fucking 5000 year old Seqoiua. Who gives a shit, nature is a whore, we are the alpha predators, we take all. If we're goin down then we're taking this planet with us. Without us, life is meaningless repetition with no art, architecture, culture, music, love, dreams or true happiness. The only way to justify human extinction if we were to be replaced by a higher form of life. But not for some fucking trees and koalas.

Fuck koalas.

Yeah, fuck mini Babybels.
     Reply #66 - September 15, 2011, 02:15 PM

FUCK EVERYTHING

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #67 - September 15, 2011, 02:31 PM

…is the motto of the omnisexual man with priapism.
     Reply #68 - September 15, 2011, 02:43 PM

Awwww, now you're just sayin big words to confuse my little brain.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #69 - September 15, 2011, 06:29 PM

Ha.

The moment a pair of big tits and wet vagina dangle themselves in front of you you're gonna forget this VHEMT shit in a jiffy

Yup, soon as I can I'll be bangin chicks with no rubbers son.  Roll Eyes

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #70 - September 15, 2011, 06:57 PM

Finally, you speak some sense.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #71 - September 15, 2011, 07:58 PM

Also Jesus, I've noticed that you've been rather moody and irritable of late. Is it that time of month man, are you bleeding out of your anus again?

It's okay man, we're here for...

Vamoose

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #72 - September 15, 2011, 08:01 PM

Actually, I was really drunk yesterday.

And I bleed out my anus only on saturday nights. Wink

Formerly known as Iblis
  • Human Extinction - A good thing?
     Reply #73 - July 24, 2014, 05:33 PM

Well, I've learned something new.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #74 - September 11, 2014, 10:52 AM

They advocate the extinction of human beings through voluntary cessation of reproduction. Sorry should have made that more clear.

I don't agree with that website, but I do love this question.

I wonder the same thing frequently. There is a lot of suffering in life, and many times I think it's unfair that my parents got to bring me to this world without my consent.

I'm a weirdo. So, I'm not just the black sheep of my family, but kinda the black sheep of the entire world. There a lots of good things in life, but if I was never born, I wouldn't miss them.

I think the question of whether or not human extinction is a good thing could be summed up as: If a baby isn't born, does the inevitable suffering he's avoided outweigh the potential good times he's missed out on from never being alive?

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
     Reply #75 - September 11, 2014, 11:09 AM

But if we all die who would be around to admire our sacrifice for mother nature?

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #76 - September 11, 2014, 11:22 AM

But if we all di, who would be around to admire our sacrifice for mother nature?

It's not a sacrifice for mother nature, it's sacrifice so that children who haven't been born yet don't have to be born into the world and suffer.

The misspelling in my name is intentional, because I'm an idiot and I can't spell properly. But I'd probably also say that even if it was a mistake. Does that clear things up?
     Reply #77 - September 11, 2014, 11:36 AM

It's not a sacrifice for mother nature, it's sacrifice so that children who haven't been born yet don't have to be born into the world and suffer.

Wait, are we being serious? I mean, sure, life is pretty shitty sometimes and some people do live a large portion of their lives, if not their whole lives, in agony and distress. However, being alive and conscious kicks ass. I do believe that the next period of time could be rough because religions have reached a halt. Religious people are no longer able to progress due to the limitations of man-made-to-seem-divine scriptures that inhibit human development; combine that with the fact that most of the world is religious, and you have problems. By telling all atheists not to have kids, we're being infinitely cruel to theists who are seeking more answers, we're being infinitely cruel to those who actually enjoy life and want to have children, we're being infinitely cruel to all the children that could make a difference in the world.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #78 - September 11, 2014, 11:40 AM

If humans became extinct it'd be a bugger for humans, but given the current situation in the world it'd be an absolute godsend for just about every other species. Look up "the sixth extinction".

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #79 - September 11, 2014, 12:00 PM

Wait, are we being serious? I mean, sure, life is pretty shitty sometimes and some people do live a large portion of their lives, if not their whole lives, in agony and distress. However, being alive and conscious kicks ass.

It depends where you live. If I lived in the Africa right now, I would rather have not been born.

Anyway, it can be weighed up on a scale:

Inevitable suffering that comes with being born on one side, the potential good times you've missed out on from never being alive on the other side.

Which is heavier?

Reply #80 - September 11, 2014, 12:23 PM

It depends where you live. If I lived in the Africa right now, I would rather have not been born.

Anyway, it can be weighed up on a scale:

Inevitable suffering that comes with being born on one side, the potential good times you've missed out on from never being alive on the other side.

Which is heavier?

Hence a slightly intelligible conclusion is that the people who are incapable of bringing children into a good environment should consider improving their life conditions before having children, while people who are indeed capable of bringing children into a good environment should similarly ensure that they are up to the parental tasks. I think such measures would be much more logical than wiping the human race off the face of the planet.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #81 - September 11, 2014, 12:42 PM

If humans became extinct it'd be a bugger for humans, but given the current situation in the world it'd be an absolute godsend for just about every other species. Look up "the sixth extinction".

How terribly anthropocentric of you!

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #82 - September 11, 2014, 09:13 PM

Yeah innit.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #83 - September 12, 2014, 05:28 AM

[Xtremestr}Hence a slightly intelligible conclusion is that the people who are incapable of bringing children into a good environment should consider improving their life conditions before having children, while people who are indeed capable of bringing children into a good environment should similarly ensure that they are up to the parental tasks. I think such measures would be much more logical than wiping the human race off the face of the planet.

Completely logical conclusion, I'd say.

But the usual ethical problems arise. Does this "good living environment" that children should only be born into include a good emotional environment? Surely a child shouldn't be born to emotionally disturbed parents. Who gets to decide what a good emotional environment is? I doubt I'd pass the test.

Nope, I think I'm going to continue to argue that we'd be better off just letting the human race die out by not reproducing.  Smiley

Sure, we'd miss out on the potential good times of being alive, but you'd never know what you'd missed out on, so you wouldn't care.

Reply #84 - September 12, 2014, 08:37 AM

Completely logical conclusion, I'd say.

But the usual ethical problems arise. Does this "good living environment" that children should only be born into include a good emotional environment? Surely a child shouldn't be born to emotionally disturbed parents. Who gets to decide what a good emotional environment is? I doubt I'd pass the test.

Nope, I think I'm going to continue to argue that we'd be better off just letting the human race die out by not reproducing.  Smiley

Sure, we'd miss out on the potential good times of being alive, but you'd never know what you'd missed out on, so you wouldn't care.

Firsly, I'm assuming that you probably want to quote like this [*quote=Name]msg[/quote] rather than [*quote][Name]msg[/quote](or just quote people directly)

Secondly, I already said that in my previous post that people should ensure that they are emotionally/psychologically prepared in addition to the environment factors. I do not believe the grey area to be as shady as you think, tho I understand your concern. There are lots of ways parents can get help raising children, and I also think, as naive as it my seem, that as long as there's a will there's a way; i.e. so long as they are willing to be parents, they are most likely going to be able to handle it. Evolution has given us parental instincts that may not always go hand-in-hand with our other drives, but instincts that are there to help ensure that we care about our children.

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.

― Mark Twain(paraphrased)

I dislike the thought of an early death, I am curious about the world around me and enjoy living. However, I am also not paranoid about death, I do not believe there to be any eternal anguish hovering about death. That being said, I believe it is much better to live for a while than to have never lived at all(tho I dread the idea of eternal life for obvious reasons).

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #85 - September 12, 2014, 09:10 AM

Quote from: Xtremestr
    Firsly, I'm assuming that you probably want to quote like this

Yes, that's what I was trying to do. Thanks!  Afro

I dislike the thought of an early death, I am curious about the world around me and enjoy living. However, I am also not paranoid about death, I do not believe there to be any eternal anguish hovering about death. That being said, I believe it is much better to live for a while than to have never lived at all(tho I dread the idea of eternal life for obvious reasons).

I can honestly say I'd rather have never been born. Sure, there are lots of very lovely moments in life, but I feel the overall hardships and uncertainty in life outweighs it. Personally, I'd rather just not been born and not know.

Wonder though, what would the Earth look like without humans? Would some other dominant species evolve?

Reply #86 - September 12, 2014, 10:48 AM

I can honestly say I'd rather have never been born. Sure, there are lots of very lovely moments in life, but I feel the overall hardships and uncertainty in life outweighs it. Personally, I'd rather just not been born and not know.

Wonder though, what would the Earth look like without humans? Would some other dominant species evolve?

I'd disagree. I do hope life gets better for you from here on out, but I would say that by overcoming major hardships(i.e. religion) and eliminating major uncertainties(i.e. religion), we would hopefully be leaving a much better world for future generations.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #87 - September 13, 2014, 05:52 AM

Quote from: Xtremestr
    I'd disagree. I do hope life gets better for you from here on out, but I would say that by overcoming major hardships(i.e. religion) and eliminating major uncertainties(i.e. religion), we would hopefully be leaving a much better world for future generations.

Do you really believe that human beings can build a better world? I know that the quality of life in western countries has been steadily improving over the centuries, but will this continue? Western countries depend a lot on oil and other natural resources, which will eventually run out. In humanity's future I can see nothing but war, war, war. Happy chappy, aren't I?

Reply #88 - September 13, 2014, 12:30 PM

Do you really believe that human beings can build a better world? I know that the quality of life in western countries has been steadily improving over the centuries, but will this continue? Western countries depend a lot on oil and other natural resources, which will eventually run out. In humanity's future I can see nothing but war, war, war. Happy chappy, aren't I?

Well, fact of the matter is that there are LOTS of petrol alternatives. Scientists(and concerned people in general) aren't just waiting for petrol to "run out" to figure out alternatives. There are lots of other, more dependent, cheaper, and renewable power sources; mainly solar and wind energies. Humans are getting better at harvesting those renewable sources every single day, I do not foresee petrol being a problem in the long term. I do believe that people are willing to build a better world, if not for 'humanity', maybe for themselves and their children/friends/family.

أشهد أن لا إله
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »