Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Idle Thoughts

(Read 62517 times)
  • 12 3 ... 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Idle Thoughts
     OP - August 22, 2011, 05:34 AM

Talking about myself is a rather tedious affair. So here I'll do so indirectly.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Re: Idle Thoughts
     Reply #1 - August 22, 2011, 05:40 AM

Life

What is life? Life is something that inevitably gets worse for most people. It gradually descends into greater and greater shittiness with only a few material and emotional gains along the way to keep one going towards their inevitable decline. Life is pain upon worsening pain, suffering compounded upon itself. And then when it reaches a crescendo of pain and suffering which is unbearable, it ends. And existence ceases, and all that was ever strived for is lost, and all the successes and failures are erased in the consciousness of the individual for all of eternity. WTF. It is a cruel, sick joke. It matters not if the jester is god or the stage itself that tells its own joke.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #2 - August 22, 2011, 05:41 AM

God, this was a dire idea.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3 - August 22, 2011, 03:10 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  hahaha hahaha

j/k  bunny

Reply #4 - August 22, 2011, 06:10 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  hahaha hahaha

j/k  bunny

da finga

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #5 - August 22, 2011, 06:11 PM

I wonder if the mods can rename this into "Drunk Blogging"?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #6 - August 22, 2011, 06:14 PM

If that's drunk blogging, i want some of what you're drinking.
     Reply #7 - August 22, 2011, 06:20 PM

What is life? Life is something that inevitably gets worse for most people. It gradually descends into greater and greater shittiness with only a few material and emotional gains along the way to keep one going towards their inevitable decline.

No dude.  Life is like imaan (faith/devotion).  As they used to say in tabligh, imaan is always fluctuating.  It is not constant.  It is like a share price that goes up and down over time.  Smiley  You gotta keep rejuvenating it with namaaz. grin12

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #8 - August 22, 2011, 06:36 PM

Life- for me there have been times when things have been really bad but life has ups and downs- without sadness how would we recognise happiness? You just need to take it easy and enjoy life. Many people make big issues from nothing, get all depressed about things they can't change- I think it's important to just find whatever happiness you can. No matter how terrible life gets I'm glad to be alive

I LOVE LIFE!!!  grin12
     Reply #9 - August 22, 2011, 06:43 PM

What is Life?

A Self-sustaining chemical reaction ;-)

Little Fly, Thy summer's play
    My thoughtless hand has brushed away.

I too dance and drink, and sing,
    Till some blind hand shall brush my wing.

Therefore I am a happy fly,
    If I live or if I die.
     Reply #10 - August 22, 2011, 06:53 PM

If that's drunk blogging, i want some of what you're drinking.

Only 3 cans of beer. Which is why my spelling and grammar is mostly fine.  cool2

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #11 - August 22, 2011, 07:22 PM

What is Life?

A Self-sustaining chemical reaction ;-)

My sis was going on about this recently- that what is thought, what is a feeling- they're all just mechanisms- a clicks into be that releases c that causes d- we're like robots- we think we feel, we think we think but do we really? Can we really? Everything we are is a result of what we're taught in our formative years, what sort of person would I be if my life had been different?
     Reply #12 - August 22, 2011, 07:26 PM

My sis was going on about this recently- that what is thought, what is a feeling- they're all just mechanisms- a clicks into be that releases c that causes d- we're like robots- we think we feel, we think we think but do we really? Can we really? Everything we are is a result of what we're taught in our formative years, what sort of person would I be if my life had been different?

I was being extremely reductionist ;-)

Life has become more than just a chemical reaction...

Little Fly, Thy summer's play
    My thoughtless hand has brushed away.

I too dance and drink, and sing,
    Till some blind hand shall brush my wing.

Therefore I am a happy fly,
    If I live or if I die.
     Reply #13 - August 27, 2011, 06:44 AM

I'm just thinking, how amazing the moment was and how good it felt when I first discovered this forum and posted my intro thread. It was incredible, and to borrow a cliche, felt like a veil had been lifted from my mind.

To know that you lot exist, to feel free to be myself around you all...

Its a high that I'm probably riding even to this day.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #14 - September 16, 2011, 07:31 PM

Why?

Why was I born into this world to suffer? Why is my own minimal suffering reflected and multiplied in the suffering of billions of people throughout the world? Why do I feel so powerless to help people, is it because I can't even make my own life better? Why can't I break free of my mental and psychological barriers that constrain me? Why am I unloved? Why have i wasted the last 23 years of my life running a race designed by others to control me? Why does my neurological circuitry thus malfunction through all these emotions? Why do I not have any semblance of control over any of this?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #15 - September 16, 2011, 07:33 PM

Also why do I have to put up a front about all of this stuff? Why can't everyone just understand?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #16 - September 17, 2011, 12:15 AM

Frankly you're on a negative downward spiral- you need to break out of it. Try being more positive. Unloved? I doubt that. You need to stop hating and start to feel good, or at least pretend to be happy to confuse your id! I feel for you as I've been there, only you can pull yourself out and only you have the power to improve your life. A good life isn't one filled with success but one that is fulfilling, one which occupies you while you strive for success. This is what keeps you ticking, working, trying to improve (in whatever you desire whether it's wealth, love, family, etc). Try, never be afraid to fail and just enjoy the journey and be grateful that at least you're not starving to death
     Reply #17 - November 11, 2011, 06:27 AM

I'm going to beat the shit out of my dad, next time I see him.

Also Saffire, stfu with your positiveness.  Tongue

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #18 - November 11, 2011, 06:29 AM

On second thought I'll just wait a little, for him to get weaker.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #19 - November 16, 2011, 02:24 AM

absbdsp YOU STFU! Damn it some people are such assholes. On second thought DON'T live, why don't you go kill youself and put us all out of the misery of your existence- make it a murder/suicide and kill your dad too.

You miserable emo woe is me losers are so annoying whining about your pathetic lives and how everything is so lame and depressing. It's just attention seeking- if you really felt that way you'd have DONE SOMETHING about it by now. Jeez, what a pathetic asshole.
     Reply #20 - November 16, 2011, 02:31 AM

C- marks on the trolling Saffire. Although it did get a bit of a chuckle out of me.  hahaha

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #21 - November 16, 2011, 02:39 AM

Saffire that was an unwarranted personal attack. 

Saffire - smite 1 for posting an unwarranted personal attack on another member.    

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #22 - November 16, 2011, 02:41 AM

absbdsp YOU STFU! Damn it some people are such assholes. On second thought DON'T live, why don't you go kill youself and put us all out of the misery of your existence- make it a murder/suicide and kill your dad too.

You miserable emo woe is me losers are so annoying whining about your pathetic lives and how everything is so lame and depressing. It's just attention seeking- if you really felt that way you'd have DONE SOMETHING about it by now. Jeez, what a pathetic asshole.

Cheesy

marry me

C- marks on the trolling Saffire. Although it did get a bit of a chuckle out of me.  hahaha

He says as he weeps.
     Reply #23 - November 16, 2011, 04:41 AM

Frankly you're on a negative downward spiral- you need to break out of it. Try being more positive. Unloved? I doubt that. You need to stop hating and start to feel good, or at least pretend to be happy to confuse your id! I feel for you as I've been there, only you can pull yourself out and only you have the power to improve your life. A good life isn't one filled with success but one that is fulfilling, one which occupies you while you strive for success. This is what keeps you ticking, working, trying to improve (in whatever you desire whether it's wealth, love, family, etc). Try, never be afraid to fail and just enjoy the journey and be grateful that at least you're not starving to death

Nah. A good life is one where I can sit on my ass and play halo and eat cheetos all day everyday. That is the life.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #24 - November 16, 2011, 04:49 AM

Nah, a good life is one where you work hard, long hours everyday to satisfy someone else's sense of ego/prestige or ensure that they get a significant bonus. Then look for any chance you can to exploit some poor, motivated suckers the same way sometime down the road.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #25 - November 16, 2011, 04:52 AM

Nah, a good life is one where you work hard, long hours everyday to satisfy someone else's sense of ego/prestige or ensure that they get a significant bonus. Then look for any chance you can to exploit some poor, motivated suckers the same way sometime down the road.

Wow, you just described my life.

Unlike Saffire of course, I'm ashamed of it. Still, money is nice.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #26 - November 16, 2011, 04:59 AM

Well, you did kinda describe my life so I figured I needed to return the favor.  Tongue

And yeah, I know its completely unsustainable. Hence the angst and my inability to enjoy it while I can (which might theoretically be a long fucking time).

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #27 - November 16, 2011, 08:49 AM

Saffire that was an unwarranted personal attack. 

Saffire - smite 1 for posting an unwarranted personal attack on another member.    

If I'm allowed to give my honest opinion, a smite isn't enough. A temporary ban would be appropriate, IMO, since she didn't just attack another member, but made a sweeping attack on every single person who posts such threads where they complain about their lives and vent in here. Or maybe I didn't get the rules correctly?

Just my two cents.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #28 - November 16, 2011, 11:44 AM

Life of an employee Grin

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #29 - November 16, 2011, 01:21 PM

If I'm allowed to give my honest opinion, a smite isn't enough. A temporary ban would be appropriate, IMO, since she didn't just attack another member, but made a sweeping attack on every single person who posts such threads where they complain about their lives and vent in here. Or maybe I didn't get the rules correctly?

Just my two cents.

We have decided to leave it as a smite this one time, but if she has at that attitude again she will be banned, no smite.

There is just no call for her behaviour, aside from immature arrogance that she has all the answers.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • 12 3 ... 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »