Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Riots in London

(Read 49965 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Riots in London
     Reply #300 - August 10, 2011, 09:54 PM

there has been some really positive stuff going on in those areas since yesterday. if you watch s sangat tv (sky channel 847) you can see that the community is really coming together because they are pissed off. One example of this which I thought was really nice is Sikhs have been standing guard outside the mosque during taraweeh.

I know people who knew those guys that got killed in Winson Green and it is really sad because they were not trouble makers or there for a the riots but were local lads defending their dad's shop. What happned is some guys were attacking their dads shop and they managed to get rid of them. Then they cleared off and came back with a car and mowed them down.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #301 - August 10, 2011, 10:20 PM

Cry
     Reply #302 - August 10, 2011, 11:37 PM

On news footage alone, I have the utmost respect for this man, mourning the death of his son early yesterday. His stoicism and appeal for calm, restraint and unity will hopefully, for tonight at least, stem the flow of revenge attacks and stop the body count increasing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1VjUSKevc
     Reply #303 - August 10, 2011, 11:40 PM

I am really tempted to lighten up the mood here with a sickipedia joke. But I don't know whether I should or not. wacko

Some of the Rioters caught in London, Liverpool and Manchester have been as young as 11 years old. Its fucking disgusting if you ask me. I mean, what kind of example are they setting to their kids?
     Reply #304 - August 11, 2011, 12:06 AM

Shit really going down in Manchester. Call in the army!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cbVW_QS2eE
     Reply #305 - August 11, 2011, 12:07 AM

I am really tempted to lighten up the mood here with a sickipedia joke. But I don't know whether I should or not. wacko

Some of the Rioters caught in London, Liverpool and Manchester have been as young as 11 years old. Its fucking disgusting if you ask me. I mean, what kind of example are they setting to their kids?

I for one thought it was funny.  Afro
     Reply #306 - August 11, 2011, 12:09 AM

lol, sounds about right.
     Reply #307 - August 11, 2011, 12:17 AM

Haha glad you agreed guys. And on that note here's another one. Afro

At times like this with all these dangerous and violent riots i'm so happy I live in the countryside away from the rioting...Last place the police will look for any missing TV's.

Cheesy
    Currys TV Advert: "Here at Currys we've got the great laptop Giveaway..."Thats one way of putting it.

furious
    3 Asian men killed in hit and run. Now thats what i call a wicket...
     Reply #308 - August 11, 2011, 01:11 AM

Cheesy lol you got me at it now Zaiba  Cheesy

Bad news, the rioting has spread to Ireland.  Poor Paddy has just smashed his laptop screen after trying to loot ebay. 

Cheesy  Cheesy   Cheesy

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #309 - August 11, 2011, 01:20 AM

Local news reporters were on the scene of Doncaster to be greeted by burned out cars, smashed shop windows and vandalism. When the reporters asked a passerby as to how people felt about the riot, the passerby stated: 'What riot?'

New reports have emerged that the people of Leeds are increasing their standards of looting today, they've now moved up to attacking charity shops and netto..

In Wolverhampton recently the police were seen arresting people as they answered the door. The proof of their theft was demonstrated by the fact they owned something of value..

HSBC today was found to have been smashed beyond repair. This ofcourse meant that people who wanted to take out their money were not able to see a bank teller. Civilians are calling this 'typical tuesday'.

The people of London were astonished by the fires as it was the first time in years they felt the temperature known as 'warm'.

All of the local clothing stores within the region were badly damaged this week, but luckily the DIY stores had a massive sales increase.

A local clothing store in Barnsley was found trashed, but all of its stock remaining, the store is known as 'size 18 and under'..

A news reporter was on the scene to talk to a man who was believed to be injured. His speech was gibberish, his eyes couldn't focus, he couldn't stand up straight..It later emerged that he was just from Newcastle.

Reply #310 - August 11, 2011, 03:04 AM

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #311 - August 11, 2011, 03:16 AM

Nice one. Cheesy to all of the above. Seems I have started a trend LOL.

Here's a special one for y'all Cheesy

''Yeah man, we is ,living in such poverty, i is going to go out and riot and ting cos i is so disadvantaged and opressed''

And...

How many black policemen are praying that all the good stuff isn't gone before their day off?

Just seen a chav running off with an arm full of Chicken Tikka Masala.Think he got confused when his mates said they were robbing Curry's.

My racist jokes are getting a lot of dislikes today.It's almost as if hundreds of niggers have all got new laptops or something.

So Londoners are using BlackBerrys to communicate about the meeting places for riots...If only we had some sort of media outlet who could maybe tap into those phones...

I was in North London this morning and I saw a bloke in a wheelchair. I said to him, "What happened to you?"He replied, "I was in Nam."I said, "What, Vietnam?"He said, "No. Tottenham."

I have just been arrested for torching the DFS shop in Croydon. It's not so bad, I have five years to pay the fine and I don't have to go to prison until 2013.

I've just looted the local Waitrose in Tottenham and escaped with £3000 worth of stuff. That ham and cheese sandwich and bottle of Fanta went down a treat.

Manchester police say the looters are not from Manchester.Hmm, they must be United fans then?

I've got no sympathy for these idiots we've seen on our tv screens over the last few nights. Okay, so they may not feel like they're part of society, there may not be any jobs for them and people may look down their noses at them - but it was their decision to become special constables.

Sky news- Police to use water cannons. They're also adding a little persil - apparently it stops the colours from running.

I wish I was poor enough to have a Blackberry to organise a riot.

BBC News: David Cameron calls rioters and looters "sick". Unfortunately, they took it as a compliment.

London thugs identity searches are proving very succesful,Reports say from 1 photo of a black male, 1000 names have been given.

Reply #312 - August 11, 2011, 03:39 AM

Chavs

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #313 - August 11, 2011, 03:39 AM

Sky news- Police to use water cannons. They're also adding a little persil - apparently it stops the colours from running.

Lol, I just got that one.
     Reply #314 - August 11, 2011, 03:41 AM

Chavs

Civilians
    Have
    A
    Voluntary
    Sickness

Civilians
    Having
    Any kind of
    Value?
    Slim

Cant
    Help
    A
    Valueless
    Scumbag

Conclusive reasons for
    Having
    A
    Vagina
    Sealed

Could
    Having
    A
    Vasectomy
    Solve?
     Reply #315 - August 11, 2011, 03:52 AM

I can't get enough of sickipedia. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy it's too fucking hilarious.
     Reply #316 - August 11, 2011, 03:57 AM

Hi i'm a London rioter and breaking windows was my idea. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

So they've started to riot in Ireland now, they looted an Argos store last night and are still standing at collection point C.

Cheesy awwww bless Tongue

When I saw rioters kicking off in my street I decided that the only way to stay out of trouble would be to keep my distance and watch the action unfold without making any effort to intervene.It didn't work though.I got arrested for impersonating a police officer.

A Nigerian, a Kenyan and a Jamaican walk into a bar.Well I say they walked into it, they actually went in through the window and walked out.With the telly.

News: Police to use water cannon's and plastic bullets.What, so they're arming themselves with super soakers and BB guns?

At times like these, when the youths are running riot and causing chaos to our streets, we need to construct a team with real experience in catching kids and locking them up.Josef Fritzl, Gary Glitter and Michael Jackson we need you!

I heard the cunts are stealing in Ealing, looting in Tooting,  I hate to think what they're doing in Bank.

4 days of riots. Who knew these lazy cunts could do anything for 4 days in a row?

"Can i go to the riot's""No,your only 12""But all my friend's are going""Look mum, I dont care if your friend's are going,you cant leave me in on my own again"

A man was walking down the streets of London one night. All of a sudden a mugger sticks a gun in his ribs and says. Give me all your money. He replied, "Do you realize I am an important member of Parliament?" The robber said, "In that case give me all my money!"

I can totally understand why they're rioting, i mean if i had a free house bills paid could sit about flinging poo all day eating a bucket of chicken and getting a few hundred quid for fuck all every fortnight, I'd  wanna riot too.

Reply #317 - August 11, 2011, 05:11 AM

Civilians
    Have
    A
    Voluntary
    Sickness

Civilians
    Having
    Any kind of
    Value?
    Slim

Cant
    Help
    A
    Valueless
    Scumbag

Conclusive reasons for
    Having
    A
    Vagina
    Sealed

Could
    Having
    A
    Vasectomy
    Solve?

LOL

Well I think it's clearly to do with parenting, and the values imparted in upbringing, and a mentality of entitlement (yes I agree with Cameron) but also the inflation - with things more less affordable whilst you have an increase in societies focus on materialism.

People believe things should be just handed to them from the fact that you're in a society where people can live off benefits, and have a 'comfortable' living, there's no drive for them. I do also think it is to due with the fostering of 'instant gratification' mentality - as some mp said, think it was the the conservatives. People are becoming complacent - and that's such an easy trap to fall into. AND yes the education system i think is going down the drain somewhat.

Sure freedom is good and all, but the youth need guidance and studies have shown that children actually desire boundaries to be set by adults to give them a sense of structure in their lives (I'll try find a source for that and post it here, read it somewhere ages ago). I don't think parents are setting the boundaries right.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #318 - August 11, 2011, 05:53 AM

Britain crackdown unacceptable says Ahmadinejadbaboon

TEHRAN: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad strongly condemned on Wednesday what he called the "savage" crackdown by British police on rampaging youths, the state television's website reported.
    "This savage treatment of people is absolutely unacceptable, and British statesmen must hear the voice of the people and grant them freedoms," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying.

"British politicians should look to help their own people instead of invading Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya to plunder their oil."

Ahmadinejad said part of the British public has "lost its patience and become frustrated," and urged London to "get on the people's side and change their management, instead of using such approaches."

He criticised the UN Security Council for remaining "silent" over the developments in Britain, which is experiencing its worst unrest in decades.

"It is requested that Iranian citizens not travel to Britain in the current situation and if there is a necessity for the trip to avoid the restive areas," said the statement on the ministry's website.

The ministry also asked Iranians living in Britain to refrain from going to the "restive areas in order to be safe from any possible danger and harm." (AFP)

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I agree with the Baboon here.. I too think British Govt is filled with Savages.. All Iranians should be careful to travel to England and Immediately report to Iranian Embassy  in London..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #319 - August 11, 2011, 06:25 AM

Well I think it's clearly to do with parenting, and the values imparted in upbringing, and a mentality of entitlement

People believe things should be just handed to them from the fact that you're in a society where people can live off benefits, and have a 'comfortable' living...

I think these two points go hand in hand to form a cycle.
    As I've always said about England, its easier to stay down than it is to get up. If you want to be a success, its thousands of hours of studying, hard work, extremely high education costs, high rents, high tax, high bills, rush hour and for a business --there is often so much red tape, administration, tax, accounts and often such high levels of requirements before you can even open one that actually trying is usually too expensive, drawn out and impractical to accomplish.

But if you don't attempt anything in life you have most of your bills paid, consistent income, free medical and you don't even have to do anything for it. Ofcourse if you want to have more of an income you just need to have children. Not because you want them or because you think you would be a good parent, no, simply because you will get more money for having one..or two..or three..

Many children in society are simply the result of child-owners who created them as nothing more than a shallow foresight as to how to gain an extra £80 a week and are consistently treated as such their entire lives; What we see in the riots is the end result of that.

I kept seeing the BBC say 'parents should contact their children to see where they are'
    My thought was: Most of them clearly couldn't care less from day one.
     Reply #320 - August 11, 2011, 08:32 AM

LOL

Well I think it's clearly to do with parenting, and the values imparted in upbringing, and a mentality of entitlement (yes I agree with Cameron) but also the inflation - with things more less affordable whilst you have an increase in societies focus on materialism.

People believe things should be just handed to them from the fact that you're in a society where people can live off benefits, and have a 'comfortable' living, there's no drive for them. I do also think it is to due with the fostering of 'instant gratification' mentality - as some mp said, think it was the the conservatives. People are becoming complacent - and that's such an easy trap to fall into.

Not just comfortable, some actually live above and beyond what someone working in a regular retail shop earns.  Not me, i don't fake disability to increase my chances of living comfortably.  Inspite of being diagnosed with a mental disorder that has now made me entitled to an increase in money, I actually haven't applied for it because (my pollyanna complex) I don't think these mental disorders deserve more money.  Its retarded quite frankly.

Do you know how many people I know who think I am mad for spurning more free money?  loads, and I even know a few who are intentionally trying to get diagnosed for all the extra help it can get you.

For the most stupid of reasons, people can live more than comfortably without having to lift a finger.

I know single mums aswell who see no need to get off their asses and try to change their life.  I remember this one woman, her kids were all in school and grown up and I asked her would she start trying to look for work now, and she said she didn't see the point.  That no job she got would get her anywhere near the kind of money she was getting free.

Of course her kids are now either on benefit, getting arrested, or pregnant these days, so sitting on her ass didn't influence them for shit.

Its true I get benefit, have done since I ran from my marriage, but this september I come off that, of my own accord to go to uni because I don't want to be that shitty lazy lnfluence on my own kids, I want them to know anything is possible and of course I want to educate myself so that any job I get actually works out to be more than what I comfortably live on now.

But yes, its too easy on benefit. 

one thing loads of these parents are slowly learning as my parents did, is that once your kids hit a certain age the free money dries up.

Then what happens is you have kids over 18 living at home with parents who are no longer being finanically aided to feed these kids, what they can buy for their kids dries up, and these kids now have to think about where they will get the money and goods to keep up with the joneses.

My ex husbands mother no longer cared if he committed crime as long as he brought home money, and my parents have now become the same way.  I can assure you that if my brothers had returned home from the riots with goodies, my parents would have taken great pleasure in the freebies.

AND yes the education system i think is going down the drain somewhat.

No not somewhat, I think completely.

I have an age group variety on my fb, friends from my old primary school, friends who are older than me, younger than me and even younger than me.

Aside from the bright spark young'uns we have at cemb who are on my fb, everybody else in that age category who is added to my fb can not spell anything other than text speak. Have almost no knowledge aside from regular hood rat knowledge ie the latest grime video and who fucked up who on the streets or is having a baby.  These are the ones up to the age of 20.

Friends in the 20 - 25, a little better in their attempts to spell, but still fucking terrible.  25 - 30, getting better, 30 onwards most if not all can spell.

The standard of education is on the decline in state schools, not on the rise at all. 

None of my brothers or sisters from my step mother can spell or have a lot of knowledge and exposure to different ways of life, none of them.  Whereas even though my 2 full sisters are dyslexic, they are still a lot smarter and a lot more capable of spelling correctly when they try.

Not only that, but these youths fail in the school system, get terrible grades, struggle to find work, drop out of college because they can't handle it, and find themselves with nothing to do.

Its not even just that they can;t spell, they can;t go to an interview because their lack of education is apparant even in the way they talk. 

I honestly believe that the only way to tackle to the rot is to start really young and increase the education standard and increase the youth activities on offer.

Constructive youth activites, not just a hall with a basketball hoop and some football tables, but things with a purpose.

Its better the government pays to fix the problems earlier in life by pumping money into education and after school activities, than to pay for their whole life once they screw it up so badly.

But is that what is happening?  fuck no it isn't. 

This year the amount of free hours you are able to claim if you are on limited funds like me, is 10 hours for the whole summer per child.  that means a 6 week holiday and only 10 hours of those will the gov focus on giving your kids something stimulating to do. 

What do the poor parents have to offer to kids for the hundreds of left over hours?

There are studies that show after school activities and youth groups that focus on education outside of school are linked to doing better later on in life, and this is why children of parents with money who can afford to send their kids to these places do better in general and have more opportunities.  So why does the government reduce it year after year and the problems out there get worse year after year?  it doesn;t really make sense.

You can say of course they shouldn;t have had kids.  But do you think as I stood there marrying my husband and planning my future, that my future included being a single mum with 3 kids?  or that I had 3 kids to increase the money I get?  far from it.  as I said, its not being a single mum that gets you good money, its faking a disability and that is easy to do from all the fake disabled I see in my world.

Sure freedom is good and all, but the youth need guidance and studies have shown that children actually desire boundaries to be set by adults to give them a sense of structure in their lives (I'll try find a source for that and post it here, read it somewhere ages ago). I don't think parents are setting the boundaries right.

Yep.

Boundaries and structure, which many aren't getting because they have parents who are young themselves and uneducated themselves, and generally unable to afford the sort of structure that works so well.

When I was younger in primary school so many after school activities were free.  Football, basketball, music, dance, drama etc.

Now it all costs money, only 1 or 2 are free and get filled fast.

The government are going about this the wrong way.

its too late to fix things once they hit hood rat stage, it needs to be done earlier. 

Also I would argue that its not chavs, its hoodrats that were made up the majority of looters.  People are using chav the wrong way lol.

(sorry for the long post, but those were my thoughts on the education and money situation)

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #321 - August 11, 2011, 08:39 AM

Oh yeah, and those 10 hours of free activities during the summer only apply to kids.  My eldest who is 13 and entering that age period that is most vunerable to influence, well for him there is no help.  He is welcome to go to the youth centre.....i wouldn't ever send him there having walked past it.  I don't even feel safe walking past it.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #322 - August 11, 2011, 09:33 AM

ok

now this is getting out of hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Mjxmla_9A&feature=feedu

seriously...why do this ?

I see 2 cars passing by on the street, why not do the same thing to the cars?

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #323 - August 11, 2011, 11:43 AM

Seems like some members of the Sikh community played a peacekeeping role.

I hope common sense and decency prevails now.

+++++

UK riots: Birmingham's Muslims and Sikhs debate response to tragedy

Emotions run high at candlelit vigil for three men killed in riots as Asian communities weigh up how to react

When the prime minister, David Cameron, said on Wednesday the riots had brought out "some of the best of Britain", he could not have known how fitting that description would be of events on a petrol station forecourt in the suburb of Birmingham 12 hours later.

Spilling out in the road beside the Jet garage, where three Asian men were killed the previous night, around 300 Muslim and Sikh men gathered to debate how they should respond to the tragedy.

There were no politicians in sight – no official community spokespeople or religious leaders. These were local men, struggling to know how to manage their grief and anger.

Candles marked the spot where Haroon Jahan, 21, and brothers Shazad Ali, 30 and Abdul Musavir, 31, had been killed in the early hours of Wednesday.

The three were part of a group of around 80 guarding the petrol station, on Dudley Road in Winson Green, when they were victims of a hit-and-run. A murder inquiry has been launched, and a 32-year-old man is being questioned.

After prayers and a silent vigil, men took turns to express their views. There had been fears that the meeting, held after last prayer of the day – Isha'a – would be a flashpoint, sparking a further round of rioting and looting.

It was clear from snatches of conversation that there were some in the crowd – a minority – who wanted to reap revenge on the black community, whom they held responsible for the deaths. They did not prevail.

It is hard to explain how the men gathered in the dark reached the conclusion they did. There was no leader; the forum was open for people to speak and disagree.

The consensus among most – after half an hour – was that a planned march should not take place, in part because it would be disrespectful to the families of those who died. Not everyone agreed – and it was impossible to know whether dissenters would break away later in the night and, in breach of the general will, seek retaliation.

However community relations in Birmingham play out in the days and weeks to come, the meeting at Dudley Road will serve as evidence of a determination among many not to allow the violence to spiral.

Standing on the wall of the forecourt, one Sikh man, Harpreet Singh, 28, began by imploring others not to take to the streets. He said they had gathered to pay their respects to the deceased and prove they were united. He announced the families of the dead men did not want them to march on the city centre, as had previously been planned.

"We need to tell the media we will not tolerate the tyranny, but we will not react either. We are capable, but we will not do it," he said. Singh concluded there were two possible outcomes – either they would protest, and the media would label them "extremists", or they would act "nobly" and be perceived as a community united.

He added: "You decide. I will stand with you all the way. I speak to you on behalf of all the Sikhs who were guarding the gurdwaras and mosques yesterday."

Some in the crowd, both Muslim and Sikhs, agreed. Others did not, insisting they had come to protest.

"I say peacefully march man," one man shouted. Another said: "Okay, I'm here to do a march, you get me? Let's do a march – but keep it peaceful," said one man, in his 20s.

"Yeah, but it won't stay peaceful," interjected someone else. "I know my brothers, it won't stay peaceful."

Another voice from the crowd added: "Whoever makes trouble, man, we are going to have to deal with them ourselves. No matter who you are, no matter which area you're from, you are going to get beaten by our elders."

There were some chants of "march, march, march". There was another shout of "not today, not today," followed by "who wants a peaceful march - hands up?". A sizeable number of hands were raised. Many, it seemed, had come expecting a demonstration.

An hour before the debate started, the atmosphere had been highly charged, as groups gathered for silent prayers for the dead men. The crowd consisted mostly of young men, many of whom had hoods pulled over their heads. A small number – five or six - had scarves concealing most of their faces. There were older men too, and some community elders.

Police kept a low profile at the edge of the gathering. A few held their hats under their arms as prayers were said.

Speaking before the debate about whether to protest began, Shaheen Kayani, 46, a cab driver from nearby Hodge Hill, said the Muslim community was pulling together to prevent trouble.

"Everybody says to their sons: please don't start another riot. People don't want trouble any more. I just say we want peace, peace, peace." Some of the younger contingent sniggered as he spoke. They were the same teenagers quietly shaking their heads later, listening on from the fringe of the meeting as the tide of opinion turned against street protest.

Some of them urged a reaction. "They've killed them for free, bro," said one man. Others made racist comments about the looters and suspected murderer. But when a man pointed his finger in the air, shouting: "We are going to protest to let them now how we feel", he was shouted down.

The crowd had been building, and was halting the traffic. Police gathered nearer to shepherd people off the road.

There appeared to be agreement that any protest should take place on Friday, after prayers.

One man who had initially been agitating to take to the streets announced he had had changed his stance.

"I've changed my mind, bro. The way I see, the brothers we can't control." Smaller discussions broke out in the crowd.

After more debate, one man stepped forward and shouted with a force that lifted his voice above the murmurs.

"Make sure you're not marching in the name of the three brothers that died. Because if you're gonna march ... in their name, and you're rioting, it is a disgrace."

There were grunts of approval. A number of people said they would go home. A handful of the masked youths walked away. Those who remained stood in near silence, heads bowed as they listened to Sikh and Muslim prayers.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/aug/11/uk-riots-day-five-aftermath-live

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #324 - August 11, 2011, 12:10 PM

So... we came through Enfield at around 12 last night while coming home from my grandparents' in Chingford. I don't think I've ever seen the pavements so empty, apart from the odd lot of guys with more testosterone than even I have marching down the streets looking for rioters to riot back at (or whatever that guy who was swearing into the Sky News camera was saying). It was kinda spooky, but I guess better than watching things being smashed/set on fire/etc.

Also, have you guys heard the rumours about the burqa-clad robber with her accomplices? My mum says I'm not to open the door to any burqa wearers, which is probably not very Muslim of her.  whistling2
     Reply #325 - August 11, 2011, 12:14 PM

Apparently Sikhs were guarding a mosque while Pakistani (punjabi) Muslims were prying trevi inside, and then I'm watching sangat.tv and I see a whole Punjabi of sikhs defending a temple, and someone asks: "do you think you'll be able to protect the gudwara" and some Punjabi Muslim dude shouts from the back: "Inshallah! Allukbar!" and am thinking "WTF?" 
     Reply #326 - August 11, 2011, 01:26 PM

^^ how ironic that sikhs were protecting mosques from getting burnt when muslims think sikhs will burn in hell for eternity
     Reply #327 - August 11, 2011, 02:35 PM

i don't think a few gentlemanly Sikh people gurading a couple of mosques/temples prevented race rioting - although it was a heck of a nice gesture. i think all the community, the muslim community, the black community and all other ethnic groups realised that race rioting would be completely and utterly senseless in the context of the current riots. i think a lot of credit in particular should go to the muslim community for not looking to seek any 'revenge' attacks. i think the father of one of the the victims played a large hand in that though. just hope it stays this way.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #328 - August 11, 2011, 02:38 PM

lol, finally some unity between Sikhs and Muslims....'Dont trust whitey' ,lol  Cheesy
     Reply #329 - August 11, 2011, 03:50 PM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8693842/London-riots-BBC-apologises-for-accusing-Darcus-Howe.html

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »