Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Riots in London

(Read 49964 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Riots in London
     Reply #270 - August 10, 2011, 02:37 PM

My son works in Manchester City Centre and he just phoned me to say shops and businesses closing down already, ready for another night of expected riots.  Huh?

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #271 - August 10, 2011, 02:42 PM

I don't see the email you got as that bad, it can be right... however you are right, yesterday while most communities were helping out the clean up e.g. in Clapham junction, I asked the bros/sistas at the Islamic chat channel: how should we help the community, most agreed that its best to stay out of the way and not get involved, not one suggested that they organise something to help the community, usually they are so quick in collecting money for this or that cause, but all didn't want to give any help, even just making tea/cold drinks for the peeps who are cleaning...

Beside they all said they are fasting and can't physically help  Cheesy  

So much for trying to get more jannah points in their holy month. Roll Eyes The least they could is put their worship to more use and actually be better citizens.

I just received that also.

If I was EDL, I'd be thinking that it is a good time to work the Muslims up, in order to get them to blacken their name further. Text messages like this help achieve precisely that, by increasing the likelihood of Muslims reacting to a perceived threat from the right, and themselves going on the rampage. For this reason, if I was EDL, It’d make my day to see this particular text being passed round Muslim circles so quickly. Of course, being the EDL slimeball that I am, I wouldn’t do jackshit, because I don’t have the balls; I’d just hope that the Muslims themselves will do my dirty work for me tonight.

Plus the Birmingham deaths don’t bode well

Musivore, I just ignore text messages like these, cause they lead to pointless headaches and there are plenty of useless muslim out there to forward these messages and I don't think I would ever waste my unlimited texts on them. Roll Eyes
     Reply #272 - August 10, 2011, 03:20 PM

Hopefully, Cheetah. I fear though that if it is connected with the rioting and looting, it will make things worse. I really do.

This is what happens when riots and mob violence takes place. It always results in things getting out of control, and innocent people injured or killed.

No doubt 1 man shot dead in Croydon, and now 3 dead in Birmingham. This will be a lesson in hindsight, for the senior police officers and politicians.

The public stigmatisation of the police using heavy handed tactics hasn't helped and obviously the force used should always be proportionate but rubber bullets, tear gas and the water cannon would have been reasonable responses to what is being witnessed here. The police could have stamped their authority over the situation early on but it I fear after this blunder, the confidence of those rioters may give rise to more looting and mayhem in the future.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #273 - August 10, 2011, 03:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoFak7MRBJw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biKJDVSRO8M

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #274 - August 10, 2011, 03:54 PM

Heard this. Can't believe he compared the protests in Syria and in the Middle East to the riots here - that was way off point.

I would agree though, the youth around the inner cities especially London have continued to be marginalised from the wider community, but I think the discussion goes all the way to the parental home of these children and adults, and the negative peer influence that comes with living in these urban communities. The simple lack of respect for any authority does suggest to me fundamental problems embedded within these cultural communities, especially amongst the black youth but not limited to.

wow, I never thought racism was such a big deal in the uk..

A lot of it's internalised but there has been increasing tension amongst different communities here within the past decade. These latest events won't help but there will always be ignorant people who will want pile the blame of all  the country's troubles on a particular group, the important thing is to remain level headed.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #275 - August 10, 2011, 04:12 PM

this is a text a lot of people in birmingham have received, including myself:

everyman keep off the road tonight, Birmingham is going to be madness, people from london, leicester, derby, manchester to fuck up birmingham of them 3 asian guys that got killed in winson green there coming to riot hard and i don’t want no one to lose their life because of it, stay in your yards and pass this on

combine this with reports of gangs gathering in victoria square in the city centre; i think it's going down. this won't be good.
     Reply #276 - August 10, 2011, 04:22 PM

^^^Hope this does not materialise.

Baton rounds have been given the go-ahead. Should bring in tear gas and water-cannon - more effective crowd dispersal tactics but as always it seems that shit's going to hit the fan before any effective force is used.

Reply #277 - August 10, 2011, 04:24 PM

everyman keep off the road tonight, Birmingham is going to be madness, people from london, leicester, derby, manchester to fuck up birmingham of them 3 asian guys that got killed in winson green there coming to riot hard and i don’t want no one to lose their life because of it, stay in your yards and pass this on

combine this with reports of gangs gathering in victoria square in the city centre; i think it's going down. this won't be good.

Terrible. Cry This really needs to blow off soon, the police aren't doing their utmost just yet, I just don't get it why, what are they waiting for? More injuries? More deaths? Seriously they need to step it up, and those who are rioting need to get a fucking life. I'm volunteering to clean up a street that my mate forwarded me details about.
     Reply #278 - August 10, 2011, 04:42 PM

David Cameron was right this morning, when he said, the new challenge the police are facing at the moment is that copy-cats are kicking off in new cities, at the same time. It is very hard to police well-synced groups when you do not know they are going to cause problems or where they are going to (re-)surface.
     Reply #279 - August 10, 2011, 04:51 PM

except they should have predicted this. it's not hard to make the leap from copycat looting in birmingham to outright race riot. i'm not sure how it is in manchester and liverpool but i suspect at least manchester will also begin to escalate as london calms down and birmingham's in the thick of it.

these cities are breeding grounds for racial and gang tensions, and if the government weren't so fucking disconnected from the inner city, they'd understand that.

i don't blame the police, i blame cameron's etonian sunglasses that cloud and tunnel his vision of these riots. rubber bullets and water cannons will stop looters, it'll take a lot more to stop outright gang violence.
     Reply #280 - August 10, 2011, 04:52 PM

sidenote: rumours of EDL/football hooligan prescence in bham.

i hope that isn't true.
     Reply #281 - August 10, 2011, 04:53 PM

this is bringing serious flashbacks to the riots here in the states.

Mob mentality is seriously scary!

HEYJUSTLOOKING!! HAI!!!!! MWAH!

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #282 - August 10, 2011, 04:54 PM

wasn't Darcus Howe the host of that 'Devils Advocate' poltical debate programme (used to be on Channel 4 late night from what I remember)?? don't think the interview got off to a flying start when she kept calling him 'Marcus Dowe' lol. but anyways always fun too see a bbc presenter squirm like that. one interview i don't think they'll be repeating on bbc news 24.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #283 - August 10, 2011, 04:57 PM

maybe wishful thinking, but i don't think race riots will materialise

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #284 - August 10, 2011, 05:04 PM

except they should have predicted this. it's not hard to make the leap from copycat looting in birmingham to outright race riot. i'm not sure how it is in manchester and liverpool but i suspect at least manchester will also begin to escalate as london calms down and birmingham's in the thick of it.

these cities are breeding grounds for racial and gang tensions, and if the government weren't so fucking disconnected from the inner city, they'd understand that.

i don't blame the police, i blame cameron's etonian sunglasses that cloud and tunnel his vision of these riots. rubber bullets and water cannons will stop looters, it'll take a lot more to stop outright gang violence.

Exactly, to be honest, the government should have bottled this problem in London with better policing strategies. At least make a statement that a bunch of youths are not going to be able to loot the town centre but the copy-cat rioting was going to be difficult to predict and control nationwide. I just hope this does not boil over.

Hey JnT Wink

Reply #285 - August 10, 2011, 05:05 PM

sidenote: rumours of EDL/football hooligan prescence in bham.

i hope that isn't true.

More oil to the fire, when will these fuckwits learn.

Reply #286 - August 10, 2011, 05:06 PM

So what kind of race riot will this be? Whites vs Blacks vs Browns?

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #287 - August 10, 2011, 05:10 PM

Rumours of EDL coming in, wouldn't surprise me if they did turn up because they are a bunch of football hooligans but I think the danger right now lies with tension between asian and black communities considering what happened with the hit and run incident in birmingham.

Reply #288 - August 10, 2011, 05:14 PM

So what kind of race riot will this be? Whites vs Blacks vs Browns?

if the EDL/hooligans aren't involved, it's definitely going to be predominantly a black/asian thing. however, there are more subtle conflicts that i would expect to happen, like black/somali, pakistani/bengali, somali/asian.

if the EDL/hooligans are involved, i suspect it'll be EDL vs anti-EDL predominantly, and if it goes to small heath it'll be a massive fucking brawl between muslims hanging around for taraweeh and the EDL.
     Reply #289 - August 10, 2011, 05:14 PM

police lying about what happened. not the first time, won't be the last.

Reply #290 - August 10, 2011, 05:17 PM

The police could have stamped their authority over the situation early on but it I fear after this blunder, the confidence of those rioters may give rise to more looting and mayhem in the future.

I think that civil unrest is an international trend that will continue, in the UK and elsewhere. As we speak student protests in Chile have turned violent, since 2010 we've seen civil unrest triggered by various events and reasons in Europe, South America, Africa and the middle east. The social and economic circumstances that have arisen since the economic meltdown in 2008, has created a social context in which civil unrest has become a global trend.

Unfortunately civil unrest, and high levels of crime is something we're all gonna get used to, whether we like it or not. It's something that alot of journalists, economists and trend analysts have been warning about.

This kind of behaviour doesn't occur in a vacuum.

Reply #291 - August 10, 2011, 05:18 PM

BBC News at Six (South) just showed footage of a guy who was justifying the rioting, reasoning that if all the Poles weren't taking all the employment level amongst young Brits wouldn't be as high. Wink
     Reply #292 - August 10, 2011, 05:29 PM

I think that civil unrest is an international trend that will continue, in the UK and elsewhere. As we speak student protests in Chile have turned violent, since 2010 we've seen civil unrest triggered by various events and reasons in Europe, South America, Africa and the middle east. The social and economic circumstances that have arisen since the economic meltdown in 2008, has created a social context in which civil unrest has become a global trend.

Unfortunately civil unrest, and high levels of crime is something we're all gonna get used to, whether we like it or not. It's something that alot of journalists, economists and trend analysts have been warning about.

This kind of behaviour doesn't occur in a vacuum.

No doubt, I think since the global recession social tension has been increasing, inevitably, but I would label what I saw in my home-town of Croydon and in London, generally as opportunistic theft and that's what it is. The local economy here will only suffer because of this thereby increasing unemployment and crime rates. It's a vicious cycle.

There is a general trend and I don't think it's a coincidence it happened during this period, and I'm starting to re-think to what extent this whole thing could have been avoided but the government and senior met police have a lot to answer to in their handling of the situation.

Reply #293 - August 10, 2011, 05:54 PM

For fucks sake.

I hope that is just pricks mouthing off.

The trouble is there are enough hothead lowlifes in Birmingham who just want to be badman and don't care who gets hurt of killed.

This is fucking horrible.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #294 - August 10, 2011, 06:03 PM

but the government and senior met police have a lot to answer to in their handling of the situation.

I agree.
     Reply #295 - August 10, 2011, 06:04 PM

I was going to buy some pepper spray until I found it is illegal in the UK as a civilian. Oh well, better train up on some deadly self-defense and buy some baseball bats and batons ...  whistling2

Baseball bats, police batons online sales boom in UK
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/09/uk-britain-baseballbats-idUKTRE7784UF20110809

Joking aside - I would buy one if I was back home.

I really wish we were more like the Swiss - "In Switzerland pepper sprays are classified as a self-defence device (not a weapon) and can be carried by anyone. Use against humans is legal". But then again it is a country where the people have a say and know their decent values well*.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

*Of course, that is personal opinion and debatable. In other news the Swiss Franc is a decent safe haven right now ... whistling2
     Reply #296 - August 10, 2011, 07:26 PM

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #297 - August 10, 2011, 07:29 PM

hahahaha ... good one GING Afro

Reply #298 - August 10, 2011, 07:29 PM

^^^ Lool, wonder what the Olympic commission is thinking right about now? ( U think we could get China to host it again?)

Reply #299 - August 10, 2011, 09:35 PM

So far no reports of disturbances in Bham. Hopefully sense is prevailing.

Seems to have calmed all over the country. A few evenings of rain should help too, if we get them.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »