Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My story of becoming agnostic

(Read 3838 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My story of becoming agnostic
     OP - August 02, 2011, 07:50 AM

Hello everyone,
    I decided to write my story or you can better say thoughts, as I just felt uncomfortable with Islam few months ago.
    I am 24.

I was born in a very moderate family , though my relatives of both sides were very very religious and my mother is also a granddaughter of one of the most respectable Aalim throughout Muslim ummah. But thanks to my mother and father , both were never too religious , my father offers 5 times prayers and my mother too , but they didn't force me or my 2 brothers ever. So I grew up like a traditional Muslim , without being answered any question like Why Allah is so curious in testing Humans when He has the knowledge of unseen and knows the end result........
    I also accepted the fact that Allah has wisdom in all things , so don't let such questions come in your mind. I used to offer prayers very few times,  like going to Friday prayers so I can have "samosas" from the stall after prayer. My whole family is very cooool .... again thanks to my parents that they did their best not to make us religious but to make us educated and to sync with modern world. When I was 22 , suddenly I started praying 5 times and became very religious after listening to a very active preacher of tableeghi jamaat. I started respecting woman in black burqas, men with long beards and keep thinking about the sexy hoors. But after few days I again stopped praying because I didn't feel any special while praying. After my graduation I started working as a freelancer , I met online with people of different beliefs, I started reading about different religions but I used to watch tv shows of Zakir Naik so I was firm in my "belief" , but was not practicing. But somehow I started thinking that how so many good people like Einstein who never thought only of their religion but for the whole universe, scientists like today are exploring universe, they are not doing it for some specific group but for whole of Human kind will go to hell. How come Muhammad can be considered as a mercy to whole of Human Kind when he is not allowed to pray for non muslims after their death , when he is not allowed to say salaam to non muslims etc...... I compiled a list of questions ....but didn't get comfortable answers for them , so I decided that I am believing in something wrong. And then I decided that there is God who created everything but he dont give a dam and he doesn't want me to offer 5 prayers without any reason.

Disbelief doesn't justify getting tortured in eternal hell
  • Re: My story of becoming agnostic
     Reply #1 - August 02, 2011, 08:58 AM

Hey Kartoos

You ask very similar questions to the ones that may of us have asked when we went on our journeys away from the light and into the dark (or have I got that the wrong way round?). The question about Allah unnecessarily testing us, when he already knows the end result, used to plague me a lot when I was younger. A Muslim friend actually said to me years ago that Allah does that because if he had assigned us straight to heaven/hell instead, many of us would not accept that we would indeed have made the choices that we did, had we been tested properly. That sounds to me like crazy, mind-boggling justification that poses more questions than it answers. Does it sound any better you?

Interesting also that you went through a phase of dreaming about Houris? I’ve always preferred fantasising about more earthly females, and I didn’t really think that Houris actually did it for very many people?

Anyways, forgive my babbling. Welcome  Smiley

Hi
     Reply #2 - August 02, 2011, 09:13 AM

Hey Kartoos
    You ask very similar questions to the ones that may of us have asked when we went on our journeys away from the light and into the dark (or have I got that the wrong way round?).

haha....yes you got the wrong way round.....

The question about Allah unnecessarily testing us, when he already knows the end result, used to plague me a lot when I was younger. A Muslim friend actually said to me years ago that Allah does that because if he had assigned us straight to heaven/hell instead, many of us would not accept that we would indeed have made the choices that we did, had we been tested properly. That sounds to me like crazy, mind-boggling justification that poses more questions than it answers. Does it sound any better you?

lols...this answer has been posted many times to me but more questions were born from this answer....

Reply #3 - August 02, 2011, 09:19 AM

Hey, you know how to split quotes already?

I still cant do that high-tech shit  Huh?

Hi
     Reply #4 - August 02, 2011, 09:53 AM

I am a programmer......
    let say you quoted my reply "Hello world" .... and you want to split "Hello" and "World"
    so when you quoted you will see around them something like this
    [quote blah=blh x=y z=f]
    Hello world
    [/quote]

just do this to split

[quote blah=blh x=y z=f]
    Hello
    [/quote]

[quote blah=blh x=y z=f]
    world
    [/quote]

Reply #5 - August 02, 2011, 10:07 AM

You mean manually copy and paste the following bits:
    [quote blah=blh x=y z=f]
    [/quote]

Huh?

Hi
     Reply #6 - August 02, 2011, 10:09 AM

you just have to copy paste.....

Reply #7 - August 02, 2011, 10:10 AM

Hello everyone,
    I decided to write my story or you can better say thoughts, as I just felt uncomfortable with Islam few months ago.
    I am 24.

I was born in a very moderate family , though my relatives of both sides were very very religious and my mother is also a granddaughter of one of the most respectable Aalim throughout Muslim ummah. But thanks to my mother and father , both were never too religious , my father offers 5 times prayers and my mother too , but they didn't force me or my 2 brothers ever. So I grew up like a traditional Muslim , without being answered any question like Why Allah is so curious in testing Humans when He has the knowledge of unseen and knows the end result........

Testing 1

I also accepted the fact that Allah has wisdom in all things , so don't let such questions come in your mind. I used to offer prayers very few times,  like going to Friday prayers so I can have "samosas" from the stall after prayer. My whole family is very cooool .... again thanks to my parents that they did their best not to make us religious but to make us educated and to sync with modern world. When I was 22 , suddenly I started praying 5 times and became very religious after listening to a very active preacher of tableeghi jamaat. I started respecting woman in black burqas, men with long beards and keep thinking about the sexy hoors. But after few days I again stopped praying because I didn't feel any special while praying. After my graduation I started working as a freelancer , I met online with people of different beliefs, I started reading about different religions but I used to watch tv shows of Zakir Naik so I was firm in my "belief" , but was not practicing. But somehow I started thinking that how so many good people like Einstein who never thought only of their religion but for the whole universe, scientists like today are exploring universe, they are not doing it for some specific group but for whole of Human kind will go to hell. How come Muhammad can be considered as a mercy to whole of Human Kind when he is not allowed to pray for non muslims after their death , when he is not allowed to say salaam to non muslims etc...... I compiled a list of questions ....but didn't get comfortable answers for them , so I decided that I am believing in something wrong. And then I decided that there is God who created everything but he dont give a dam and he doesn't want me to offer 5 prayers without any reason.

Testing 2

Hi
     Reply #8 - August 02, 2011, 10:11 AM

Hey, thanks  Afro  Smiley Smiley

I think there may be an easier way to do it though?

Hi
     Reply #9 - August 02, 2011, 01:14 PM

Sorry to take over your thread mate, but I’ve been testing this quote thingy more… It says on the forum instructions that all I need to do is press Ctrl, along with the left mouse button, to split quotes. But I can’t get that shit to work? Can you?

I should have asked someone ages ago, but I was too busy pretending I knew what to do.

Hi
     Reply #10 - August 02, 2011, 01:18 PM

Musivore I just add the [ quote ] and [ / quote ] to the beginning and end to what ever I'm splitting a quote into. It's not really difficult. Huh?

Oh and welcome Kartoos. parrot
     Reply #11 - August 02, 2011, 01:34 PM

Oh okay, that does sound easy   yes

Is there a shortcut way of doing that also (i.e. Ctrl + left-click)?

Hi
     Reply #12 - August 02, 2011, 01:53 PM

Jesus christ how many shortcuts do you want? Tongue Lazy arse Cheesy

Erm are you sure it's Ctrl + left click Huh? That doesn't do anything for me either.
     Reply #13 - August 02, 2011, 04:31 PM

Hi kartoos, welcome to the forums!  bunny

It seems like you were able to find some of the many holes in the patchwork that is Islam. Stay here and you will find many, many more that others have seen.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »