Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 06:13 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 05:44 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 02:05 PM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Im Thankful...

(Read 5878 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Im Thankful...
     OP - July 16, 2011, 04:31 AM

I feel it would be good to create a positive thread and talk about something to be thankful for in this life. Let me start.

Im thankful for being atheist at an early age and still a single man

Thats all i can think for now because i still feel groggy.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • Re: Im Thankful...
     Reply #1 - July 16, 2011, 06:21 AM

I'm thankful for my strength and that I feel fortunate and happy most of the time.  Smiley
     Reply #2 - July 16, 2011, 07:01 AM

+1 Lara.
     Smiley
    I'm thankful that I got to come home and did not have to stay in Malaysia.
     Reply #3 - July 16, 2011, 07:40 AM

Im thankful for having less responsibility in our house.

I dont know if its a good thing or not, but it does feel good to be free and not have any burden on me. All the burden and pressure is on my elder brother who has his own family since he is the first born.

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #4 - July 16, 2011, 08:38 AM

I am thankful that my wife lets me be and does not nag me to do anything regarding religion
     Reply #5 - July 16, 2011, 09:03 AM

I am thankful that my wife lets me be and does not nag me to do anything regarding religion

dr_Zhiva....,    you should also be thankful that she is allowing you to write in to CEMB instead of asking you to cook  dinner for her.. lol..

Yes.. yes.. good stuff ... Let me get my glass..

Indeed I am thankful to read smart people in CEMB.  I am sure this forum has that PELTIER  cooling effect .. and  cools down a bit "the hot heads from all sides" lol..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - July 16, 2011, 09:40 AM

Im thankful for living in the west

It's always a pleasure to come across a person who doesn't seem to be a hypocrite.

I'm thankful and amazed about the fact that despite the prevalence of wide spread evil there are quite a few good human beings all over the world,who can overcome their prejudices and be sane and balanced.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #7 - July 16, 2011, 09:54 AM

Im thankful for hitting a rock bottom because i knew who my real friends are and i started to appreciate them more.

Reply #8 - July 16, 2011, 09:59 AM

Im thankful for hitting a rock bottom because i knew who my real friends are and i started to appreciate them more.

That's a very important revelation my friend!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Reply #9 - July 16, 2011, 10:13 AM

Im thankful for living in the west

Same here  Smiley

Reply #10 - July 16, 2011, 05:03 PM

I'm happy to have a cute little Cockatiel named Chirpy because I love her soooo much. Also thankful for my stubborn personality, family, friends, and having money in the bank.
     Reply #11 - July 17, 2011, 07:54 AM

I'm thankful that Richard Dawkins is on the reading list for Physics my soon-to-be sixth form sent me this morning, because now I have a decent excuse. *different priorities*
     Reply #12 - July 17, 2011, 07:55 AM

o.o What book would that be then?
     Reply #13 - July 17, 2011, 07:56 AM

The Greatest Show on Earth.
     Reply #14 - July 17, 2011, 07:57 AM

Thought that was a book about evolution?
     Reply #15 - July 17, 2011, 08:02 AM

...Well, the 'rents don't know that. whistling2
     Reply #16 - July 17, 2011, 08:06 AM

^ Was just wondering why it was on a reading list for A-level physics. Hmm, maybe they just want you to read some pop-science. Unless you mean you're making it up for your parents, in which case - well done you. Tongue
     Reply #17 - July 17, 2011, 08:26 AM

I'm thankful I was not born in an Islamic country or into an overbearing narrow-minded religious family.  grin12

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #18 - July 17, 2011, 08:31 AM

I'm thankful to have parents that are open minded enough to allow me to escape Islam (i.e. not being super strict, allowing me to question things), that moved to the West and gave me freedoms that others can only dream of when compared to someone growing up in a strict Muslim family.
     Reply #19 - July 17, 2011, 09:07 AM

Likewise Smiley

@ thread
    Im thankful that my family arrent as crazy muslims as others I hear about.
    Im thankful for having met my close friends.
    Im thankful for being born into a globalised world where information and knowledge is only a click away.

Thomas Paine

Reply #20 - July 17, 2011, 09:12 AM

I'm thankful I was not born in an Islamic country or into an overbearing narrow-minded religious family.  grin12

Don't be so cocksure! You could still end up making a free choice to revert convert to this enlightened religion!                                                                    Lmao

Thomas Paine

Reply #21 - July 17, 2011, 09:18 AM

I doubt that very much, I've already thrown down the challenge when I joined here for someone to try that.  How can that happen when I don't and have never believed?  Cheesy

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #22 - July 17, 2011, 09:26 AM

That's what they all said before they surrendered to Allah the Almighty!

Thomas Paine

Reply #23 - July 17, 2011, 09:49 AM

I'm thankful for being me.
     Reply #24 - July 17, 2011, 09:50 AM

I am thankful for my own determination and desire to always strive and improve myself.

Teach us to care and not to care / Teach us to sit still.
    What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult to each other
    You are the music while the music lasts.
    T.S.Eliot
     Reply #25 - July 17, 2011, 11:37 AM

I'm thankful that I have a confidante available at the push of a button. I'm thankful that I have the resources to achieve anything I wish. I'm thankful that I've been offered a home to stay in and food to eat with very little asked of me in return. I'm thankful that I have such dependable, adventurous and vibrant friends to laugh with.

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #26 - July 17, 2011, 12:21 PM

LOL I was thinking of starting a thread like this after watching the 'spiritual atheism' video that discussislam linked to.

Im thankful for being born into a globalised world where information and knowledge is only a click away.

Yep me too, and I'd also add where human interaction is only a click away.

I'm thankful that I live in nice house, with my lovely family.

I'm thankful that I eat three meals a day regularly.

Reply #27 - July 17, 2011, 12:31 PM

I'm thankful that I eat three meals a day regularly.

+1

Reply #28 - July 17, 2011, 12:39 PM

I'm thankful for having loving parents who (although having their views of faith) have been patient with me and understanding to certain degree of my individuality, and their understanding how important education is in getting ahead in life (for the majority) and for supporting me in ways they can (they themselves are not educated people, having just completed some high school in bangladesh).

I'm thankful....for having known some wonderful people who have changed me in little ways, and have helped me become the person I am today, I'm thankful for those people I know now and are helping me (sometimes without even realising it) grow as a person.

I'm thankful...for living in the west, where as a woman I have so much more freedom (although not fully) that I sometimes take for granted.

I'm thankful...for having a wonderfully strong and intelligent mother, who has been through a lot but has still managed to stay sane and kind hearted.

I'm thankful....for having a dad who has realised his wrong way and changed for the better, who is intelligent and values education and thinking highly.

I'm thankful...for my amazingly cool older brother who I can look up to.

I'm thankful...for my two amazing younger brothers, who are and always will be child-like in thier minds, but always smiling, chatting (a tad too much by my youngest brother sometimes lol!!!), warm, friendly and cheeky.

I'm thankful that I am alive to experience life.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #29 - July 17, 2011, 12:48 PM

I'm thankful I'm superior to all of you.

"In battle, the well-honed spork is more dangerous than the mightiest sword" -- Sun Tzu
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »