Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Stupid parents

(Read 1350 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Stupid parents
     OP - May 18, 2012, 02:10 AM

So, I am fairly supportive of people being able to have their reproductive rights, even if I don't agree with all of their parenting practices, but some people are so dumb, so dumb I don't know what to call it? Where is their head and why do they do things like this, and should they be having kids?

A Romanian father been fined after being filmed driving down a highway with four children sitting in the boot of his car, narrowly avoiding a collision with a truck.

Footage of the incident shows the children holding up the boot lid to stop it closing on them as they cruise down the road with smiles on their faces.

One boy holds his arm out the side as the driver veers into the breakdown lane.

The father eventually crosses a lane of traffic to drive into a side road, moments before a truck comes racing through, blaring its horn.

Romanian police managed to track down the father from the number plates on the car.

"The driver was fined twice," spokeswoman Adnana Ilies said.

"Once for transporting more passengers than the capacity of the car allows, again for turning left when he should have gone straight on."

He was given a 250 euro ($320) fine and lost six points from his licence.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8469516/kids-in-boot-avoid-truck-crash

Well, at least he was in Romania, don't know if that's like common practice there or not, but seeing as the police fined the guy for it I'd say probably not. If that had happened here, the guy would've probably been forced to partake in parenting classes and maybe his license revoked, but seriously, what goes on in some people's heads that make them do things like that?

I know when I was a kid, we used to sit on the bonnet of the car whilst my father would do wheelies and drive around and screeching to a halt to try to scare us, he would encourage us to do this and we thought it was great fun until one of us fell off, lucky not under it, but ended up very sore, we could've died. Of course this didn't stop our father from encouraging us to keep doing it, but it no longer felt like a game after that, it became scary.

Then when I was about 13, a family friend of ours died after he was on the bull-bar whilst his uncle was driving, again, a fun game, but the kid toppled over the bull bar and was crushed beneath the wheels.

This is a boot, so yeah, it's not as dangerous as being on the front of the car, but honestly, how stupid can you be to not realized that the boot lid could've crashed down on one of the kid's arms when the car goes over a bump and break it? or one of the kids could tumble out of the boot and end up crushed beneath the car behind. It happens.

My cousin fell out of a car when he was about 4 'cause he didn't have his seat belt on (it's the tradition in my extended family, no respect for road safety rules) and opened the door and he landed on the highway, and somehow his clothes were ripped off of his body and he was running after the car naked crying whilst cars were dogging him and horns blaring, I was only 6 or 7 at the time and remember screaming at my aunty that he'd fallen out. As soon as my aunty realized what had happened, she stopped the car and went to grab him, he only had broken ribs, but could've been killed. But even after that no one made sure us kids wore our seat belts no idiot2.

So why do parents do things like this? I'm sure the father in the above article loves his kids, but seriously, how stupid can you be? I know that all parents do stupid things at times, but how much stupid is too stupid?

Meh, parents lacking a few brain cells, should they have kids?
  • Re: Stupid parents
     Reply #1 - May 18, 2012, 06:18 AM

Yes they should! It will only lead society on a slippery slope to eugenics.
  • Re: Stupid parents
     Reply #2 - May 20, 2012, 04:05 PM

This guy is fucking hilarious! It's bad parenting for sure, but no one got injured and the kids where smiling so I'm laughing at this guy.

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

John Galt.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »