Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Game of Thrones

(Read 110801 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 21 22 2324 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #660 - May 27, 2015, 09:14 PM

^To be fair, the stories have wildly diverged this season. We're basically getting a nice two for one deal.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #661 - May 27, 2015, 09:45 PM

I think that's what G.R.R.Martin wanted to do - it's the same with some comic book titles: 'What If?' comics looked at alternate timelines or changes to a story/character.

I love it regardless.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #662 - May 28, 2015, 03:18 AM

Can't wait for the next episode with Tyrion and Daenerys. In the book we are not yet there.
    For anyone who read the books, don't you think this tv season is going to fast? We even approach the Winterfall siege.

Yah it is speeding up. I just do not think the show would last long if it took a slower development of the books. I can see 3 more seasons at most, more likely two.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #663 - May 28, 2015, 03:18 AM

Exactly, Quod. It's typical GoT, those in power (or those who perceive themselves to be in a position of power) can have it easily taken away from them. What's most astonighing is the build up and the way that it's executed so believably that you think 'damn, I should've seen that coming!' It's the new layer of vulnerability to the character as well as karnic retribution that has us all shocked and pleased at the same time. I love this show! As Lord Baelish told us: 'chaos is a ladder'

On the heights, all paths are paved with daggers  Wink
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #664 - June 01, 2015, 06:10 PM

WOW. Best episode from season 5.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #665 - June 01, 2015, 09:13 PM

For sure! Afro

Also:

In addition:

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #666 - June 06, 2015, 10:45 PM

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #667 - June 07, 2015, 07:01 AM

WOW. Best episode from season 5.

It was far too short for my liking and skipped important narratives in the book.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #668 - June 07, 2015, 09:17 PM

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #669 - June 07, 2015, 09:29 PM

Dang  Cheesy
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #670 - June 08, 2015, 11:00 PM

I'm guessing this would be a bad time to troll for barbecue recipes.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #671 - June 09, 2015, 05:36 AM

"Cough"

I hate it when they forget to remove the scales before serving!

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #672 - June 09, 2015, 07:47 AM

Cheesy Cheesy

Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #673 - June 15, 2015, 12:38 PM

Stannis should have listened to this guy's advi-...oh wait.

...And fuck Olly!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #674 - June 15, 2015, 01:05 PM

Yeah, I thought Shireen was going to be the big shock death of the season. Didn't expect what actually happened!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #675 - June 15, 2015, 06:06 PM

Jon Snow stabbing is in the book. But he won't die.
    Myrcella is dead. Next is Tommen.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #676 - June 15, 2015, 08:35 PM

Jon Snow stabbing is in the book.

Internet forum perusing has advised me of this. I haven't read ADwD yet, so I was unaware of that.

But he won't die.

"Ghost."
    Myrcella is dead.

Yeah, that bit was so River Song from Doctor Who!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #677 - June 16, 2015, 01:14 AM

Also:
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #678 - June 16, 2015, 06:56 AM

Internet forum perusing has advised me of this. I haven't read ADwD yet, so I was unaware of that.
    "Ghost."Yeah, that bit was so River Song from Doctor Who!

Regarding Myrcella, in the book there's a prophecy...
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #679 - June 16, 2015, 09:32 AM

But he won't die.

Fire god?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #680 - June 16, 2015, 11:17 AM

Fire god?

Seems to be the prevailing theory given that Melisandre is hanging round Castle Black and she needs another hero.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #681 - June 16, 2015, 12:00 PM

Fire god?

Yes, something like what SCM said.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #682 - June 16, 2015, 08:04 PM

Saw this online and couldn't stop laughing for quite a while!

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #683 - June 20, 2015, 06:15 PM

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #684 - June 20, 2015, 06:29 PM

I've not been following game of thrones properly, so probably missed the plot but John Snows stabbing in the last episode seemed quite predictable, there wasn't much of a story build up to the event either, so it appeared a bit random.   I would, however be very upset if either Tyrion, John Mormont or Brienne had died, love their characters the most.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #685 - July 31, 2015, 12:33 PM

Rapecest. That was a butchering of Jamie's character. He hates rape in the books.

it completely messes up Jaime's character arc, too. Which is a shame, since he's one of my favourite characters in the books.

I thought I'd resurrect this since I've come across the appropriate passages in my reread of the series. The way I heard it told, Jaime never raped Cersei, but it was portrayed as forced in the show.

Two points: firstly, it's from Jaime's viewpoint, so he may not have considered it 'rapey'. Secondly, around 2½ paragraphs make it clear that Cersei does not want to take things further than kisses. She says 'No' unequivocally, but Jaime both 'kissed her silent' and 'never heard her' when she protests five times, while beating at him with her fists.

He feels her up, realises she is having her period, but 'it made no difference'.

Now, I suspect people probably focus on the paragraph after that, where Cersei tells him to 'Hurry... do me now", but that comes after all her objections both verbal and physical.

It seems to be one of those things where a woman who says 'No' secretly wants sex, or else can be forced into 'liking it' if you go far enough.

I really don't see why the people watching the show claimed that D&D depicted it incorrectly!

Rapecest. That was a butchering of Jamie's character. He hates rape in the books.

Nothing states that he hates rape. He doesn't do it himself, and he finds himself inexplicable liking Brienne, therefore stops her getting raped - but the book points out that he doesn't know why he keeps helping Brienne. That's nothing to do with his own character with regards to rape.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #686 - July 31, 2015, 01:20 PM

I didn't like this season.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #687 - May 17, 2016, 10:13 PM

I was going to create a new thread specifically for this then found this one, yaaaay  dance

Anyone else loving this season?
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #688 - May 18, 2016, 01:45 AM

^
    I freaking loved it! Especially the last episode. A Stark reunion after such a long time, and so many near misses. I totally lost it when Jon and Sansa hugged each other, and were reminiscing, I started crying. This scene alone was enough to compensate me for the Dorne plot and Season 5 combined. This is the only thing I can think of right now.

Moving on to other news, we go to Essos, where Daenerys Targaryen now has the support of the Dothraki... Nope, f### that. House Stark is all that matters. Also, Bastardbowl/ Snowbowl 2016 confirmed!!! Get hype!  dance

Aloha Ackbar
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #689 - May 18, 2016, 05:36 AM

I'm not sure the Dothraki will be 100% willing to do khaleesi's bidding. Let's wait for an episode or two to see how this unfolds. It's gonna be hard work, I'm sure... and what about the reunion? Don't wanna be a party pooper, but we know there are no happy endings nor "good guys" who come out of this gloriously. I'm more afraid of what's gonna happen to Rickon...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Previous page 1 ... 21 22 2324 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »