Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Game of Thrones

(Read 110822 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 19 20 2122 23 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #600 - April 12, 2015, 07:18 PM

Neither could I!

Mother of Dragons! WHOOP!! WHOOP!!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #601 - April 14, 2015, 10:52 AM

Watched the leaked episodes. Episode 3 pretty much confirms one the most popular fan theories.

about who Jon snow's parents are

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #602 - April 14, 2015, 11:04 AM

I saw the leaked 4 eps as well. Good thing too with playoffs. I can get through the first two rounds without a conflict now.

Sean Bean confirmed the theory in Episode 2 or 3, when they left for the Wall and King's Landing. The emotion Bean on his face, talent, when talking to Jon about his mother said it all. When Ned talks to Robert about Jon's mother Ned is angry and silent. This creates a contradiction which has little information. He is very cold to Robert when Lyanna is brought up, far more than he acts when he does his duty but has objections. Keep in mind Martin told every actor one "secret" about their character, I think Jon's parents is Bean's insider information. 
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #603 - April 14, 2015, 11:13 AM

I told myself I wasn't going to all day, but couldn't resist.

I think she is going to emerge as a political power under Littlefinger's watch. She has learned how bloody politics are from her time as King's Landing. She learned not to trust even those claim they can be trusted. She learned families ties are worthless in the game of politics, only an end to a means. I would not be surprised if she was a figure behind a Stark revival as Stannis and Bolton conflict deepens. Stannis wants to be King of the 7 Realms, not King in the North. He needs someone to rule the North he can trust as he builds for a push south. The Boltons are not it and no one else can rally any support. The Kalstarks are on the brink of their own civil war. The only other noble which can match either is in White Port but they follow the 7 not the Old God thus are foreigners. She is the last horse in town for a unified North rather than a subjugated North. 
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #604 - April 14, 2015, 11:14 AM

The Imp is still my favorite character. Dinklage has done an amazing job
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #605 - April 15, 2015, 06:39 AM

The Stark choice facing voters in May: if Westeros was Westminster

A lot has happened over the past five years in British politics. And in the same time, a lot has happened in the past four series of Game of Thrones. But ahead of this year's General Election, how would UK politics look in Westeros – or Westerminster if you will? Follow us on this magical who's who…

The Lannisters – Obviously the Tories

As the saying goes, the Tories always pay their debts – well, in this case the deficit, but there's a bit of trouble inside the party. There are grumblings about the leadership and potential successors, but at the end of the day, they're still the most powerful house in Westerminster. It's all theirs to lose…

The Targaryens – Labour

Ed Miliband: Mother of Dragons, freer of slaves. KHALEESI! Ok, maybe not… but Ed was exiled from the Kingdom and wants to work his way back in. He's the main challenge on the horizon for the Tories, but has his own problems to deal with. His territories (Scotland) are under threat, his dragons (his party) have been unruly, and the voters are unsure about his leadership. Can he overcome this and take back the Iron Throne?

The Starks – Liberal Democrats

The Lib Dems made a deal with the Tories, but it hasn't worked out too well for them. Members of their house are still around Westerminster causing trouble, but they're at risk of losing a lot of their influence if they don't get it together, and soon.

The Dragonstone Baratheons - UKIP

They don't currently have the biggest kingdom, or the most support, but they're a big threat to the establishment. It's a metaphor, see. Melisandre, like UKIP, claims to represent something different to what we're used to in Westerminster. Do you believe her message?

House Tyrell – The Greens

The Tyrell's are a bit quiet at the moment, but they're definitely up to something. They're also from The Reach, which is supposed to be a beautiful land of flowers and it's great for farming and The Greens are all *thumbs up emoji* about the environment.

The Wildlings – SNP

The threat from beyond the (Hadrian's) Wall! We left the last series with the Wildlings planning their conquest of the north. Will they win this series? Will the SNP do as well as some people expect in the election? Time will tell, but winter is deffo coming. Still sad about Ygritte's demise (RIP)? Honour her memory and register to vote.

The Freys – Plaid Cymru

Definitely not running out of ideas at this point, but the Freys have that toll bridge, and you have to pay a toll to get over the Severn Bridge… yeah.

There might not be dragons in our Westerminster, and the weather's not always as good as in Kings Landing, but there's still lots to get excited about and it's all to play for.

You have until the 20th of April to register to vote.

Before you go off to register to vote it's only fitting to leave you with wise words from the master of whisperer's, Lord Varys…

With polling day just around the corner, you have the power to #swingthevote.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #606 - April 15, 2015, 01:20 PM

I haven't seen the leaked episodes yet. Just the first one. But i couldn't help noticing that the first episode seemed to reflect current events with ISIS: the toppling of the idol at Meereen and the burning the man alive, and the priestess even made a speech saying he was being punished for not following the one true God, even though it was all really a political move.

If this stuff was in the books then it must be just a coincidence seeing as the book was likely written before the current events occurred.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #607 - April 15, 2015, 01:28 PM

That stuff is pretty much all in the book (the first one was published in 1996, the latest in 2011) but it's also quite similar to medieval Europe in that sense. ISIS is nothing new Wink

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #608 - April 15, 2015, 09:04 PM

This is gold! Afro
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #609 - May 11, 2015, 09:01 PM

Stannis Baratheon, Commander of Grammar!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #610 - May 13, 2015, 12:34 PM

^ The hilarious thing is, as soon as that chap said 'less enemies', I immediately shouted: 'fewer!' only to have the rightful king do the same! Afro
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #611 - May 13, 2015, 07:58 PM

<snip>

Cheesy  Genius.  

I am still enjoying the series, but not at the same level as before because it is veering away from what makes the books so damn good.

I will still keep watching though...cos you know, DRAGONS.   dance

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #612 - May 13, 2015, 10:30 PM

That stuff is pretty much all in the book (the first one was published in 1996, the latest in 2011) but it's also quite similar to medieval Europe in that sense. ISIS is nothing new Wink

Aye, War of the Roses!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #613 - May 18, 2015, 01:37 PM

Season 5 has been so sub-par. God, the Dorne scenes have had such piss poor writing.  These guys are hopeless without George.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #614 - May 18, 2015, 02:52 PM

dance

(victory dance because I was right not to watch)

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #615 - May 18, 2015, 04:53 PM

Not watching it. You're missing out.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #616 - May 18, 2015, 05:52 PM

Martin used medieval Europe and the War of the Roses as a basis of the 7 kingdoms.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #617 - May 18, 2015, 06:04 PM

Not watching it. You're missing out.

Not really.

Honestly, if the quality doesn't pick up soon, I'm probably not going to watch season 6. I'm really hoping the Battle at Winterfell delivers.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #618 - May 18, 2015, 06:05 PM

Martin used medieval Europe and the War of the Roses as a basis of the 7 kingdoms.

Cos we're awesome.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #619 - May 18, 2015, 06:19 PM

F@ck. I don't understand why they deviated so much with Sansa.
    Awful the rape scene.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #620 - May 18, 2015, 06:31 PM

**SPOILER ALERT**
    The rape scene may have been awful but it fit well with all the characters and the theme of the show. Everyone got (almost) screwed over. Tyrion almost lost his neck and his tickle tackle, The Tyrells got royally screwed and Sansa 'did her duty' for her name and I'm so hoping that this is a breaking point for Reek. It's  like history repeating itself first Joffrey and now Ramsey.

The t.v. show isn't supposed to rigidly follow the books. Gosh! Even G.R.R. Martin has said it's a terrible idea as the stories ahve become very convoluted and it'll be ahrd to translate to tv. in a logical form. They're both extremely different mediums. It's like those who've read the Ultron comics storyline crying that Pym didn't create Ultron - who cares!? It fit the movie narrative structure and made sense as far as the character motivations of Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are concerned.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #621 - May 18, 2015, 07:20 PM

Ahh, I thought you ALL seen it Huh?  I now realize that for some of you is now live.  Embarrassed
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #622 - May 18, 2015, 07:40 PM

The sand snakes are like the worst thing ever.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #623 - May 18, 2015, 07:48 PM

I don't mind the concept of the Sand Snakes. But the casting was awful. They look like characters from a Disney tween show.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #624 - May 18, 2015, 08:43 PM

^This, combined with the god-awful dialogue make everything in Dorne feel very cartoony.

SPOILERS
    Also, I hated how Sansa went from absolutely playing and somewhat seducing Harry the Heir in the books to rape victim on the show. Plus, show Littlefinger is an absolute moron.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #625 - May 18, 2015, 08:44 PM

This is why I'm waiting until the series is over before reading the books. I know I'll enjoy the show so much less if I read them now.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #626 - May 18, 2015, 11:07 PM

The sand snakes are like the worst thing ever.

Needed moar Moroccans. Fewer dumb brunettes mangling Chilean accents.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #627 - May 18, 2015, 11:36 PM

Like the vast amount of highly intelligent blonde Moroccans?

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #628 - May 19, 2015, 07:18 PM

Dorian should be closer to the Spanish Moors than Moroccans. The show seems to pick an easy to identify culture theme for an area and stick with it. In the book there is no real unified cultural identification which one can reference in history. Braavos is presented as a mix of Spanish and Italian or Venetian in the show but is multicultural in the books as it is the America of Essos. The horse-lords are far more Mongol than the books imply. So on and so on. It is just the way TV is since it lacks the time necessary to develop a detailed idea.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #629 - May 19, 2015, 08:14 PM

Exactly book people always have their books.

Unless the tv show has the tag line: completely accurate representation of the book then book people should stop complaining.

Dorne is in no way 'cartoony' and the dialogue is one of the strongest features (axe man?) though agreed the Sand Snakes came across as very undeveloped. The fight scene was a let down compared tot he awesome battle scene last season in the Khalessi/Mhysa arc.

• Previous page 1 ... 19 20 2122 23 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »