Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Pics of your dream car

(Read 14017 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pics of your dream car
     Reply #90 - May 06, 2015, 12:03 AM

I have a car that is for all intents and purposes one of those.  Cry
  • Pics of your dream car
     Reply #91 - May 06, 2015, 07:08 AM

The first car I had was a piece of shit that looked like this:
    http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ford-Taurus-USA-1992.jpg

It was a piece of shit largely due to the previous owner being one of those people who moves a car title from state to state until the fact that it was pulled out of a lake and had had its odometer roll over at least twice falls off its record. I scrapped it because it kept breaking in insane ways. Also I kept running it into things because it had such an incredibly large blind area on both the front and back. But the trunk (or boot if you're British) was really huge. It's deceptively small looking, it's actually really really big.

The second piece of shit car I had looked like this:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/5471610/10108652/2004-chrysler-pt-cruiser/

It was a piece of shit largely due to its having incredibly poor gas mileage. I was lucky to get 27 mpg highway (11.48 KM/L, 8.71 L/100KM), and usually got about 20 mpg (8.5 KM/L, 11.76 L/100KM) city. Seriously, the other POS clunker got higher mpg than this one. Then there was also the time that I was on a hill and it stalled and a little light came on. I pulled out the manual, and it said that to step away from the car because either the engine was about to blow up or the engine was a little short on oil. That's an incredibly varied set of outcomes, and I felt like they could have had two separate warning lights for those two problems. Acceleration was crappy, it was bad in just about every kind of environment (spun out, couldn't go up hills, couldn't slow down evenly going down hills, didn't like starting in the cold). It did have heated leather seats, which was really nice in the winter when I got it. Then the first day of summer came around, and I immediately noticed a problem. Namely, I had to turn on the car and run the AC without sitting in it because the seats and steering wheel tried to burn my skin off. So I immediately had to go buy a steering wheel cover and beaded seat covers. It was hard to keep clean because there were so many little crevices, unlike the other car that seemed like it was built for a murderer in that the trunk was easily large enough to store two adult bodies and the car had no hard to reach little crevices where evidence could hide.

In short, don't buy either of these cars. I don't have any advice on what a good alternative would be, but neither of these is any good at all.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Pics of your dream car
     Reply #92 - May 06, 2015, 07:57 AM

I can't drive, so my dream car is one that will get me home from a country pub with a vaguely sober driver.
  • Pics of your dream car
     Reply #93 - May 06, 2015, 06:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0SEpVo33AM

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Pics of your dream car
     Reply #94 - May 13, 2015, 01:17 PM

I have a car that is for all intents and purposes one of those.  Cry

Stop Crying Start flying..   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYN2UpaZcCs

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »