Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mohammed's wives

(Read 6893 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Mohammed's wives
     OP - June 06, 2009, 10:32 PM

Bhukari Volume 3, Book 47, Number 755:
    Narrated 'Urwa from 'Aisha:

The wives of Allah's Apostle were in two groups. One group consisted of 'Aisha, Hafsa, Safiyya and Sauda; and the other group consisted of Um Salama and the other wives of Allah's Apostle. The Muslims knew that Allah's Apostle loved 'Aisha, so if any of them had a gift and wished to give to Allah's Apostle, he would delay it, till Allah's Apostle had come to 'Aisha's home and then he would send his gift to Allah's Apostle in her home. The group of Um Salama discussed the matter together and decided that Um Salama should request Allah's Apostle to tell the people to send their gifts to him in whatever wife's house he was. Um Salama told Allah's Apostle of what they had said, but he did not reply. Then they (those wives) asked Um Salama about it. She said, "He did not say anything to me." They asked her to talk to him again. She talked to him again when she met him on her day, but he gave no reply. When they asked her, she replied that he had given no reply. They said to her, "Talk to him till he gives you a reply." When it was her turn, she talked to him again. He then said to her, "Do not hurt me regarding Aisha, as the Divine Inspirations do not come to me on any of the beds except that of Aisha." On that Um Salama said, "I repent to Allah for hurting you." Then the group of Um Salama called Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle and sent her to Allah's Apostle to say to him, "Your wives request to treat them and the daughter of Abu Bakr on equal terms." Then Fatima conveyed the message to him. The Prophet said, "O my daughter! Don't you love whom I love?" She replied in the affirmative and returned and told them of the situation. They requested her to go to him again but she refused. They then sent Zainab bint Jahsh who went to him and used harsh words saying, "Your wives request you to treat them and the daughter of Ibn Abu Quhafa on equal terms." On that she raised her voice and abused 'Aisha to her face so much so that Allah's Apostle looked at 'Aisha to see whether she would retort. 'Aisha started replying to Zainab till she silenced her. The Prophet then looked at 'Aisha and said, "She is really the daughter of Abu Bakr."

Flaming mad Flaming mad Flaming mad Flaming mad Flaming mad

I'm too pissed off to rant! finmad
  • Re: Mohammed's wives
     Reply #1 - June 06, 2009, 10:41 PM

It keeps getting worse!

Bhukari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 312:
    Narrated Muadha:

'Aisha said, "Allah's Apostle used to take the permission of that wife with whom he was supposed to stay overnight if he wanted to go to one other than her, after this Verse was revealed:--

"You (O Muhammad) can postpone (the turn of) whom you will of them (your wives) and you may receive any (of them) whom you will; and there is no blame on you if you invite one whose turn you have set aside (temporarily). (33.51) I asked Aisha, "What did you use to say (in this case)?" She said, "I used to say to him, "If I could deny you the permission (to go to your other wives) I would not allow your favor to be bestowed on any other person."

Reply #2 - June 07, 2009, 06:52 AM

I have a feeling that Mohamed was not always obedient to god as he says when it comes to women!!

From Surat Al-Nissa (Verse 3):

..., then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four; but if you fear that you will not do justice (between them), then (marry) only one or what your right hands possess; this is more proper, that you may not deviate from the right course...

So here God clearly says that if you can not do justice then marry only one woman, yet Mohamed marries all these women (some say 9, some say 12, and others say 15 altogether!!!) So if God Almighty says if you will not do justice then marry only one woman, but Mo prefers to stay with all these women despite they were constantly complaining that they were not treated equally (as in Peru's post), then what makes Mohamed? Obedient?

OK now!!!! I can also say that maybe Mohamed was obedient regarding how many wives he can marry!!!!  I think he married the correct number of women according to Allah which is 9!!! think about it.... the Quran says: then marry such women as seem good to you, two and three and four!!! 2 and 3 and 4..... 2+3+4=9 so where did the Marry only 4 women come from? In arabic language the word "Waa" could mean "Plus"!!!

So Muslims who love collecting stamps and women and stuck with only 4, should rethink again!! yay
    smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke smoke

Reply #3 - June 07, 2009, 03:30 PM

It keeps getting worse!

As I said in other places, I'm not against polymarriage simply because it creates jealousy, I think its immoral but should not be illegal. In Muhammad's case, the pathetic thing was that, except Khadija who had the financial means to enforce monogamy, many of his other wives did not enter into  a polygamous situation willingly.

His wives included war booties like Saffiyya, who had little choice in the matter & his child bride Ayesha, married off by her dad when she was barely out of her diapers. The only ones who I can imagine entered into the situation willingly were old Sauda, who knew that because of her age, her chances of a monogamous union was unlikely & Muhammad intended to wed her simultaneously with a little girl, & his former daughter in law Zainab.

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #4 - June 08, 2009, 09:14 AM

2+3+4=9 so where did the Marry only 4 women come from? In arabic language the word "Waa" could mean "Plus"!!!

Thankfully there is a hadith clarifying that it is 4 wives Wink
    His wives included war booties like Saffiyya, who had little choice in the matter & his child bride Ayesha, married off by her dad when she was barely out of her diapers. The only ones who I can imagine entered into the situation willingly were old Sauda, who knew that because of her age, her chances of a monogamous union was unlikely & Muhammad intended to wed her simultaneously with a little girl, & his former daughter in law Zainab.

I'm not sure if Zainab had much of a choice, god made the choice for her remember? How can she say no to that.
     Reply #5 - June 08, 2009, 09:41 AM

I'm not sure if Zainab had much of a choice, god made the choice for her remember? How can she say no to that.

You're right, I stand corrected. I think I had read somewhere long back that Zainab wanted to marry Mo, but when she actually did marry him, it was supposedly on Allah's orders!

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #6 - June 08, 2009, 09:50 AM

You're right, I stand corrected. I think I had read somewhere long back that Zainab wanted to marry Mo, but when she actually did marry him, it was supposedly on Allah's orders!

I read this too but it was a very bad apologetic reason. They said something along the lines of Zainab and Mo not being able to marry so she had to through Zayd first. I cant remember why exactly but it made no sense when I was reading it Huh? Not sure if that's what you read.
     Reply #7 - June 08, 2009, 09:56 AM

Did Mo have all 9 wives at the same time?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - June 08, 2009, 10:08 AM

Did Mo have all 9 wives at the same time?

No... Huh?
     Reply #9 - June 08, 2009, 11:26 AM

The Prophet used to pass by (have sexual relation with) all his wives in one night, and at that time he had nine wives.  (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 142)

However he told others with more than 4 wives, to divource the rest!

I embraced Islam while I had eight wives. So I mentioned it to the Prophet (peace be upon him). The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Select four of them". (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 12, Number 2233)

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - June 08, 2009, 11:28 AM

We presented ourselves along with Ibn 'Abbas at the funeral procession of Maimuna at a place called Sarif. Ibn 'Abbas said, "This is the wife of the Prophet so when you lift her bier, do not Jerk it or shake it much, but walk smoothly because the Prophet had nine wives and he used to observe the night turns with eight of them, and for one of them there was no night turn." Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 5

Which wife missed a turn?  The old and wrinkly one?  That must have done her self-image a world of good!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #11 - June 08, 2009, 11:40 AM

We presented ourselves along with Ibn 'Abbas at the funeral procession of Maimuna at a place called Sarif. Ibn 'Abbas said, "This is the wife of the Prophet so when you lift her bier, do not Jerk it or shake it much, but walk smoothly because the Prophet had nine wives and he used to observe the night turns with eight of them, and for one of them there was no night turn." Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 5

Which wife missed a turn?  The old and wrinkly one?  That must have done her self-image a world of good!

No, it was Safiyyah, I created a thread about it here- http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=5529.0
     Reply #12 - June 08, 2009, 11:42 AM

And Sauda did have a turn but she gave it up when she feared the Prophet might divorce her.
     Reply #13 - June 08, 2009, 12:15 PM

Just found these strange hadiths about Mo's sex life-

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 73, Number 89:
    http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/073.sbt.html#008.073.089
    Narrated 'Aisha:
    The Prophet continued for such-and-such period imagining that he has slept (had sexual relations) with his wives, and in fact he did not. One day he said, to me, "O 'Aisha! Allah has instructed me regarding a matter about which I had asked Him. There came to me two men, one of them sat near my feet and the other near my head. The one near my feet, asked the one near my head (pointing at me), 'What is wrong with this man? The latter replied, 'He is under the effect of magic.' ??

Sahih Al-Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 71, Number 660:
    http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/071.sbt.html#007.071.660

Narrated 'Aisha:
    Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not (Sufyan said: That is the hardest kind of magic as it has such an effect).

What? Huh?
     Reply #14 - June 08, 2009, 12:20 PM

Gosh!

Excellent finds Peruvian! Magnifique! great

Sex isn't like revelations Muhammad received from Allah via Gabe, sex is something two people do together, so if Muhammad thought he'd had sex with his wives when he hadn't, this proves he's a loon or at least that he's prone to hallucinating!

Thus, he was mentally not right  idiot2, he imagined he had sex when he hadn't, likewise he imagined he received revelations when he didn't!  yes

Reply #15 - June 08, 2009, 12:20 PM

That might explain why he only had children with Khadija.  The 'magic' Mo is referring to is the spell of Khadija's cash.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - June 08, 2009, 12:29 PM

This could also explain the hadiths in when he has sex with all his wives in one night Tongue
     Reply #17 - June 12, 2009, 11:52 AM

Boy, I would not want to clean Mo's pyjamas after having 'sex all alone'  grin12

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #18 - June 22, 2011, 11:59 PM

Muslims claim the prophet had a nice relationship with all his wives, and it could possibly be true. The one wife I am most curious about is saffiyya.

After killing her dad & torturing her husband to death, and marrying & having sex with her soon afterwards, I can only imagine how she really felt about him.

I dont remember many hadith from her, is this the reason why? Do we have any evidence about her life/feelings about the Prophet ?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »