Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: just another truth seeking revolutionary...

(Read 6780 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • just another truth seeking revolutionary...
     OP - June 03, 2011, 10:30 PM

hi all,

I was born into a Traditional Muslim family but I've never been into religion. I'm more of a free-thinking truth-seeking kinda guy, no matter its source.

I have studied religions, philosophy, islam etc and I have found that most people are clouded by emotions/bias and tend to believe what they want to believe, not what is most logical, most evidenced etc. And that goes for Muslims, Jews, atheists, Christians etc in fact, even when it is nothing to do with religious beliefs.

I'm still investigating, but as it stands I'm what you could call a "deist" and IF I had to choose an approach, an inclination towards Quran based islam. You may know it as "Quran alone" or "Quranist" etc. It makes the most sense, and is in fact very similar to secular humanist.

In any case, I'm here to learn and share.

I haven't been here long but I have noticed that members often seem to make errors in their posts when discussing islam/quran stuff, or at least they do in my view. I have researched Quran quite a bit so maybe I can help with that. (Famous last words!)

Smiley

What am I? Deist / Quranist <--- Click links to Find Out More
  • Re: just another truth seeking revolutionary...
     Reply #1 - June 03, 2011, 10:32 PM

Welcome WhoMan.  Feel free to dive right into any thread where you think people are in error.   Afro

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - June 03, 2011, 10:32 PM

Hello there. Smiley

May I ask your reasons for being a deist?

Also, have a parrot.  parrot
     Reply #3 - June 03, 2011, 11:55 PM

welcome, man  parrot
     Reply #4 - June 04, 2011, 12:44 AM

Welcome to the forum, bro. victory

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #5 - June 04, 2011, 12:46 AM

welcome WhoMan!

So what was it that started your doubts regarding religion in general and how about islam, what got you curious about that ?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #6 - June 04, 2011, 12:58 AM

welcome guevara

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #7 - June 04, 2011, 01:01 AM

wELCOME  Smiley  parrot

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #8 - June 04, 2011, 01:05 AM

hi all,

I was born into a Traditional Muslim family but I've never been into religion. I'm more of a free-thinking truth-seeking kinda guy, no matter its source.

I have studied religions, philosophy, islam etc and I have found that most people are clouded by emotions/bias and tend to believe what they want to believe, not what is most logical, most evidenced etc. And that goes for Muslims, Jews, atheists, Christians etc in fact, even when it is nothing to do with religious beliefs.

I'm still investigating, but as it stands I'm what you could call a "deist" and IF I had to choose an approach, an inclination towards Quran based islam. You may know it as "Quran alone" or "Quranist" etc. It makes the most sense, and is in fact very similar to secular humanist.

In any case, I'm here to learn and share.

I haven't been here long but I have noticed that members often seem to make errors in their posts when discussing islam/quran stuff, or at least they do in my view. I have researched Quran quite a bit so maybe I can help with that. (Famous last words!)

Smiley

That's great WhoMan... I could have introduced myself the same way especially that I'm a quran-oriented deist myself without the added benefit of a good knowledge of the Quran unlike yourself.

Anyway, Cheetah's right. Hang around and correct us where you find mistakes.

I'd also like to know, if you care to share, where you're from and how you found us...

And I encourage you to contribute to the Arabic section if you know Arabic which I suspect you do  Tongue

I'm open for debate (of why we should re-/embrace Islam), but I will no longer participate in this forum. Message me if you need anything. Good luck and may you all find your way... again...
     Reply #9 - June 04, 2011, 06:21 AM

Hello WhoMan ^_^
    I see you have created an into thread upon my request, good job! ;P

Welcome to the forum!
    Just out of curiosity, how old are you and which part of earth are u residing in?
     Reply #10 - June 04, 2011, 07:48 AM

Hey mate, welcome to the forum..

You seen to be a nice open-minded dude, who is willing to exchange ideas. You're exactly our favourite type of deist.

Good to have you here   Afro

Hi
     Reply #11 - June 04, 2011, 11:37 AM

Interesting, because i came in to this forum as a deist and i was once a qur'anist before that.

Welcome to the forum btw

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #12 - June 04, 2011, 02:13 PM

woah so many Qs...

i like the simplicity and logic of deism, and i think that "reason" is unique and what separates us from all other animals, so it seems reasonable to say this unique attribute would lead to realisation of god, IF god exists etc.

i was never into religious stuff as a child as much of it did not make sense to me, but i only later realised much of that was tradition and culture stuff and there so much variation out there, not only in islam but all other faiths etc so drifted away from holding a set of rigid beliefs, and more into ethics/philosophy etc. I have always found The Quran impressive though, or at least, more so than other religious texts.

i knew of this forum ages ago but never read much.

im in the uk but have lived overseas a lil here and there, cause of my job. Its good to experience different cultures/societies etc I recommend it.

thanks for the parrots.

Reply #13 - June 04, 2011, 02:27 PM

WhoMan....any chance you're a fan of Doctor Who?

parrot

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #14 - June 04, 2011, 02:30 PM

Welcome!
     Reply #15 - June 05, 2011, 11:03 PM

WhoMan....any chance you're a fan of Doctor Who?

Dr Who is not bad, but nah, its a play on "human".

Reply #16 - August 15, 2011, 03:18 PM

as a quranist what empirical evidence do you have that the quran was orally passed down to mohammed via an angel or any other spiritual force?

Has anybody ever given a testimony to attest that they saw mohammed receiving the quran from a supernatural force ?
     Reply #17 - August 15, 2011, 04:02 PM

As a Quranist? Erm, did you read my post?

IF you have read Quran, you will know it does not say something like "verify this (Quran) by getting evidence of its oral transmission or witnesses of Muhammad receiving revelation etc".

Reply #18 - August 15, 2011, 04:08 PM

I've read the Qur'an, it's very boring.

Anyway, Welcome to the forum. Smiley
     Reply #19 - August 15, 2011, 09:44 PM

As a Quranist? Erm, did you read my post?

IF you have read Quran, you will know it does not say something like "verify this (Quran) by getting evidence of its oral transmission or witnesses of Muhammad receiving revelation etc".

stop avoiding answering questions, by replying with questions.

This isn't a college debate where you can crawl your way of having to answer questions by using red herrings.

Answer my questions please
     Reply #20 - August 17, 2011, 06:20 PM

Do you mean you want me to answer as if I was a Quranist? From a Quranist viewpoint or something?

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »