Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
Today at 07:16 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
Yesterday at 04:01 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 04, 2024, 07:58 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Which one (if any) are you more inclined to side with? (Give reasons)
  • Israel - 50 (30.5%)
  • Palestine - 114 (69.5%)
  • Total Voters: 163

Topic: Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?

(Read 210916 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 27 28 2930 31 ... 39 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Pro Israel or Pro Palestine?
     Reply #840 - January 16, 2015, 06:42 PM

That is interesting, Lua. I have always wanted to research my own (very mixed) family roots but I don't know how or where to start.

Alas, wasn't me, although a cautious "that's interesting" is often what I get when I mention my genealogy. A whole bunch of cousins married each other in the mountains of Kentucky and at some early point, we suspect, someone a little bit closer than cousins got a little too comfortable with each other. Any given person in Clark County, Kentucky is probably my relative. Say hi if you're ever there.
     Reply #841 - January 16, 2015, 06:49 PM

Alas, wasn't me, although a cautious "that's interesting" is often what I get when I mention my genealogy. A whole bunch of cousins married each other in the mountains of Kentucky and at some early point, we suspect, someone a little bit closer than cousins got a little too comfortable with each other. Any given person in Clark County, Kentucky is probably my relative. Say hi if you're ever there.

lol... yes sorry Lua - I edited it now. Not sure why I confused you with Suki lol
     Reply #842 - January 16, 2015, 09:14 PM

Grin Easy mistake, don't say sorry.
     Reply #843 - January 17, 2015, 03:26 AM

Yeah were so alike, easy mistake 
     Reply #844 - January 17, 2015, 07:41 AM

You do realise that her name is "Gal from USA"?

Yeezevee, you have a strange sense of humour at times and can come across as quite insulting.

Not everything is on the internet.  There is a real world out there that some have direct experience of.

What?? NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Humor yes.......,   Insult Noooooooo.,  Nope

Hello  Ex-Muslim galfromusa.,  Abu Ali is bothering me.,  Please help me out   and forgive my good friend Abu Ali who is frigid..rigid.. ice cold ...stone hearted humorless guy.. finmad

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #845 - January 17, 2015, 02:55 PM

................ But we're not doing anything about half of them living in bombed-out houses, behind an apartheid wall, not being allowed to work or get an education that could better their situation unless they leave.

..hello galfromusa .. say something I know  you are reading .. Are you upset with me??

just kidding..
    yeezevee

Reply #846 - January 17, 2015, 04:46 PM

..hello galfromusa .. say something I know  you are reading .. Are you upset with me??

just kidding..
    yeezevee

I'm not upset...I'm kind of bewildered. I don't know you well enough to know how much of what you're saying is sarcasm, so I'm just kinda confused and don't know how to respond. I figured you knew it wasn't "gal fro musa" because "gal fro" doesn't really make sense, like a girl afro or something?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #847 - January 18, 2015, 08:07 AM

I'm not upset...I'm kind of bewildered. I don't know you well enough to know how much of what you're saying is sarcasm, so I'm just kinda confused and don't know how to respond. I figured you knew it wasn't "gal fro musa" because "gal fro" doesn't really make sense, like a girl afro or something?

Thank you.. thank you galfromusa ., but see what Abu Ali says to me ., Could you please tell him he can not accuse people like this and I have not insulted you.. I am soooooo upset with his post 
    You do realise that her name is "Gal from USA"?

Yeezevee, you have a strange sense ....... at times and can come across as quite insulting.

So what else  galfromusa .??   well when I said Galfro Musa.,  first I just cut the word.. I speed type.,  Cheesy  and You know who Musa was right?

Who was Musa?  Anyways,  The fact is  I am so glad you joined the forum and I do read your words..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #848 - January 18, 2015, 02:14 PM

I have always wondered how Moses' name got changed to Musa in Arabic. It's completely different in Hebrew, in Hebrew it's Moishe. Maybe it got translated by way of Aramaic? I don't know, I don't know any Aramaic.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #849 - January 18, 2015, 03:45 PM

I never studied Hebrew but I remember Wrights Arabic grammar often comparing the two languages as they are related and I think the Hebrew ש is sometimes pronounced like the Arabic س rather than ش

For example the word שלום (Shalom) is pronounced سلام (Salam). So I suspect the transition from Moshe to Musa was just because of the pronounciation of "Sh" to "S"
     Reply #850 - January 18, 2015, 05:54 PM

Yeah were so alike, easy mistake 

Well, I'm sure he wouldn't make the mistake if we were all chatting in a room together, but we're names and icons on the internet, sometimes hard to keep tabs on all the users here. Grin
     Reply #851 - January 18, 2015, 06:07 PM

I have always wondered how Moses' name got changed to Musa in Arabic. It's completely different in Hebrew, in Hebrew it's Moishe. Maybe it got translated by way of Aramaic? I don't know, I don't know any Aramaic.

My question would first is what does Musa mean in Arabic? Moses, final form, has a very distinct meaning in Hebrew and Egyptian. If the meaning in Arabic is similar then it follows the former languages mentioned. If the meaning is different it is a transliteration without the meaning.
     Reply #852 - January 19, 2015, 02:29 PM

The Yemenite Jews were treated badly when they arrived in Israel - see these articles from +972 on the Yemenite baby affair:

http://972mag.com/the-tragedy-of-the-lost-yemenite-children-in-the-footsteps-of-the-adoptees/85930/

http://972mag.com/the-yemenite-baby-affair-what-if-this-was-your-child/75672/

Another article on this:

Yemenite Children Affair: Families of the kidnapped speak out
    http://972mag.com/yemenite-children-affair-families-of-the-kidnapped-speak-out/101166/
     Reply #853 - January 19, 2015, 03:27 PM

Well, I'm sure he wouldn't make the mistake if we were all chatting in a room together, but we're names and icons on the internet, sometimes hard to keep tabs on all the users here. Grin

OO   

edit:  that's meant to be the thumbs up smiley but it's not to working  :/   
     Reply #854 - January 20, 2015, 01:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EUCBfxJHZw#t=131

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/video-jerusalem-resident-assaulted-israeli-backed-us-muslim-leaders

Jerusalem resident assaulted by Israeli-backed US “Muslim leaders 

Evidence indicates that the individual who assaulted a Jerusalem resident at al-Aqsa mosque is Mohammed Hameeduddin, the former mayor of Teaneck, NJ, traveling as part of an Israeli-backed delegation.

Reply #855 - February 23, 2015, 05:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74uFvyHh3HM

that is a good one from that guy....but he must realize that ONE MAN SHOW  is not good   for any  country and it  must go for its survival...

holly golly  allah doll.. that is an extremely interesting interview from that guy...

Reply #856 - February 26, 2015, 01:04 PM

I'm teaching a unit of study on Human RIghts to the Year 8 students. There are lessons on Israel/Palestine. They were shocked at the building of Settlements and the West Bank barricade. The one thing they kept on asking is 'Why aren't we doing anything to help them?' And this after I told them that Plaestinian terrorists fire rockets in Israel and dig tunnels to get into Israel They still see the uncoventional war as disproportioante as it should be and the Palestinians as the victims.

This is with providing them the basic information about the lives of civillians. I'm sure if more people knew about the issue out of the context of 'there have been raids' or 'there was a rocket attack' then more people would be outraged.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #857 - March 04, 2015, 02:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCEz1fbRhJw

I see that is the amount of money American Govt pend on Israel??

Reply #858 - March 04, 2015, 03:06 PM

While both sides have unhumane practices, I support Palestine, Israel shouldn't even be there. But since they're there, there isn't much we can do about it, so I support the UN solution.
    I'm not going to join the debate tough, just leaving my opinion here.
     Reply #859 - March 04, 2015, 03:41 PM

While both sides have inhumane practices, I support Palestine, Israel shouldn't even be there. But since they're there, there isn't much we can do about it, so I support the UN solution.
    I'm not going to join the debate tough, just leaving my opinion here.

Good point ex-sunni.. good opinion.. In fact I go back all the way to the beginning of  Abraham religion or NO RELIGION.,  I eliminate Islam/Islamic prophet/s/Scriptures., Christianity, Christian prophets  and Christian scripture  and move every one in to ORIGINAL REVELATIONS in Ooooold Testament..,  I take those original revelations/books and if these later guys added/deleted something to those god's words  in the original OT., I would argue all these religious heroes/preachers  sit together and debate with jewish rabbis  Or rabies and move all  Judea-Christian-Islamic people together as one group one scripture One Abraham religion ..No more Islam and no more  Christianity .and no more revelations.. no more prophets.. .

Reply #860 - April 02, 2015, 10:10 AM

Abbas: Yemen policy should extend to Palestine  says news

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas caused a furor before he even made a speech, when he used the strikes in Yemen as an opportunity to slam Hamas: "I hope the Arab states carry out the same policy that they are in Yemen in the case of all Arab nations that suffer from internal conflicts – such as Palestine, Syria, Libya, and Iraq."

Abbas's statement came a day after his associate, Mahmoud al-Habash, declared that Arab countries must mobilize and hit Hamas with an iron first because it led a coup in Gaza.

yes yes Abbas, Sadist  Saudi  Sauds should attack all shia Muslims..   and later they  should attack Israel

http://www.presstv.ir/Video/2015/03/30/403913/Palestinian-factions-slam-Abbass-call-for-Arab-military-action-against-Gaza

and that is the video link....

Reply #861 - April 07, 2015, 01:09 PM

Chilean Palestinians

http://remezcla.com/features/club-palestino-soccer-chile/
     Reply #862 - April 07, 2015, 01:52 PM

Didn't we have one of 'em as an apostate around sometime not so long ago?

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #863 - April 07, 2015, 02:27 PM

A Chilean Palestinian? I have to admit I'd never heard of them before.
     Reply #864 - April 11, 2015, 09:10 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cnZrcEHERw

well that is Prof. Bisharat a Palesatinain American discussing Media coverage of Palestinians and Israelis . And recently taking those views of Bisharat., Mr.Neil Berry writes another article in Saud's news.com   Britain’s Zionist thought police. Essentially it says .. juice everywhere  juice controls all media outlets., Now problem is not that., he must have freedom to criticize Israelis but people take such articles and  wants Israel to disappear from the face of earth.  And that comes from a Pakistani  guy  Raja Mehmood, of Jubail   he says

"Zionist state in the Middle East  is the major culprit and responsible for all the problems of the region."

that is how international Islamic politics work..

Reply #865 - May 17, 2015, 02:19 PM

Interview with Ilan Pappe

http://mondoweiss.net/2015/05/western-awakening-israelpalestine
     Reply #866 - May 17, 2015, 02:26 PM

Nice find  Afro
     Reply #867 - May 19, 2015, 09:44 PM

I put together some thoughts on Israel/Palestine if anyones interested

-------------------------------------------------------
    This is a conflict which attention to is poured out for a few weeks every few years when tensions are aggravated after one side's perceived over use of aggression normally when everyone has forgotten that Joseph Kony still hasn't bought to trial for abducting children even after the Facebook page was liked by millions or the latest scandal of Pakistani gangs grooming white girls in a small English city or that are our girls still haven't been brought back from Boko Haram even after Michelle Obama's held up a sign with a solemn expression.

So we get the simplistic cloned arguments regurgitated from both sides that still didn't win people's hearts and minds the last time many people were engrossed in the debate when the same hullabaloo was made a few years ago and almost identical disinformation and misinformation was parroted out. One such prime example being the inaccurate map of the region pro Palestinians put out showing how more and more of a Sovereign Arab Palestine(as the map implies) has been stolen by Israel and how a sovereign Arab Palestine existed prior to the creation of Israel. This being obviously factually untrue to anyone who has read up on the history of the British Empire as before the UN Partition plan in 1948 Palestine/Israel where it stands now was a polity of the British Empire which they had won from The Ottomans Turks in World War 1 and not a Sovereign Arab State. This map also appears to ignore how the West Bank was occupied by Jordan between until 1967 and Gaza by Egypt until 1967 because as we have substantiated by now occupation by Jews deserve greater deliberation than non-Jewish Occupations such as the Occupation of Northern Cyprus by Turkey, West Papua by Indonesia and the Western Sahara by Morocco.

So who legitimately has more right to the land. Self determination and complete self autonomy and self governance of where Israel/Palestine stands now has not been something the indigenous people of Palestine/Israel have enjoyed for chiliads. It has been a segment of land which has been consecutively been passed around the imperial baton between competing empires with many a bloodbath since the Romans.

There is the abundant grievances. Yes, Israel as a nation state has conducted over zealous military operations for decades. Yes Israel continues to forcefully evict and demolish the homes of Palestinians in the West Bank which corrodes the hope for peace and stability and embitters Palestinians. Yes, Israel as a nation is only able to existing due to chequebooks of US Taxpayers. Yes, most Muslim majority countries in the world are guilty of atrocious human rights abuses. Yes, those Muslim majority countries with wealth are reliant economically on the same countries in the Western World that back degenerates in the Middle East. Yes Hamas indiscriminately fires rockets into Israel. Yes Hamas’s charter is overtly anti-Jewish.

The reason Guardianistas side with Palestine is because they are a impoverished people living with restricted autonomy on the receiving end of state materially backed by that “that Imperialist Capitalist USA”. The reason nearly all Muslims side with the Palestinians is due to religious blinkers, with most of them insouciant to all the abhorrent acts committed in Muslim majority countries, many a time in the name of Islam with validations from Islamic texts. Many Muslims are galvanised to be Anti-Israel purely or primarily because they are anti-Jewish but they know to be openly anti-Jewish in the 21st Century in a Western Country is going to make them look bigoted and/or racist so around non Muslims they will use euphemisms such as "anti-Zionism", "anti-Occupation" to describe what they are against, but when non-Muslims are not around and when with their Muslim brethren they will openly pontificate about how Allah has promised and how it’s prophesied that they will destroy the Jews and how "all Jews are evil".

The reason many in Western Governance side with Israel is due to an vested interest in the geopolitics of the region and because they see Israel as an outpost that will deter the re-emergence of a theological empire that achieves a vast dominance in the region in a region which has had 1300 years of Islamic imperialism. They will point to how domestically is Israel is a beacon of democracy, progressive values and freedoms in comparison to socially conservative Arabs but yet many have cordial trading relations with the very same Arab countries.

The reason most Jews side with Israel due to their religious blinkers, most of them insouciant to all atrocities committed in the name of Zionism and all the horrific jaw dropping barbarity in the Torah. There are some Jews who say Israel is their promised land given to them by Yahweh as stated it the books of Genesis and Exodus, yet many are people ignorant of this or some of those that aren't will be mendacious and completely deny Judaism has anything to with Zionism. Yes there are Zionists who aren't Jews, and Jews who aren't Zionists, but too many Jews Zionism had a divine mandate in The doctrines of Judaic Scriptures.

The colossal hurdle for non- Zionist Jews is that religious Zionists Jews adhere to the Judaic scriptures more precisely and sincerely and so have more intellectually candid stance. One reason serious evaluation of the role of Judaism is evaded in criticism of Zionism is because of the taboos still associated with criticising religion in 2015 in many places because of how religion is seen as "something personal". Decide for yourself how personal religion is when the adverse effects of those who say they are motivated by their religion work to the detriment of others frequently with fatal results. Another reason criticism of the role of Judaism in Zionism is sidestepped is because of how it's fallaciously conflated by some with being "anti-Semitic" as a red herring with the intention to divert attention away from addressing Israel's atrocities, and because of the associations of the Holocaust with Anti-Semitism, there's a scarcity of pejorative's that you can be called that are worse than an "Anti-Semite". The Muslims who don't bring up the role of Judaism in Zionism do so for glaring reasons as the obvious rebuttal would be highlighting how Islamic scriptures are used for noxious purposes.

Most ordinary citizens living in the US & UK are afforded a higher degree of freedom and autonomy and are not disconcerted about the Middle East as they have their more comfortable lavish lifestyle (playing Farmville on Facebook or watching Eastenders on Iplayer), other than the few who always want to show that they are concerned with showing concern for the latest fad and appearing to have a popularity contest with others to show whose down with the latest cause. Yes quickly change your handle name on twitter to who you support.

It is a situation that has no uncomplicated straight forward fix. There is no solution as long as the ideologies that pervade the globe continue to be so disconnected and distant. It is quite easy to be sitting in the comfort of a semi detached property in England with your freedoms to express your opinion and attack either side but nobody will never get anywhere with so much contempt for the other. Most people will look at the conflict through the lens of a of being pro one side or the other based on their loyalties and affinities, such a visceral tribal mentality endures. The issue is far more complex that tallying up the atrocities of the other side whilst downplaying and deemphasing the relevance of the atrocities of your own side.  This conflict has been going on since the birth of anyone reading this and for more than a couple of millennia in the region. What you come to grasp is that if there is one thing that will last forever, it’s conflict in the Middle East

-----------------
     Reply #868 - May 20, 2015, 07:52 AM

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu  orders  the suspension of   banning Palestinians from riding the same buses as Jewish settlers   says news

JERUSALEM: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday ordered the suspension of a controversial measure banning Palestinians from riding the same buses as Jewish settlers when returning from Israel to the West Bank.

"The proposal is unacceptable to the prime minister. He spoke with the defence minister this morning and it was decided that the proposal will be frozen," an official in Netanyahu's office told AFP  Earlier today, a defence ministry official said that Palestinians in the West Bank who commute to Israel to work will be banned from riding the same buses as Israelis to return home.

"Under a three-month pilot project, Palestinians who work in Israel will, starting Wednesday, need to return home by the same crossing without taking buses used by (Israeli) residents” of the occupied West Bank, the official had told AFP. Hundreds of Palestinians travel each day to work in Israel from the occupied West Bank, mainly in the construction business, using travel permits each time they cross.

The official, who declined to be named, had said Palestinian workers would need to change buses to avoid riding vehicles carrying Israelis after crossing back into the West Bank.  Israeli public radio said Defence Minister Moshe Yaalon had agreed to the ban, adding that it would allow “better control of the Palestinians and those leaving Israel and reduce security risks”.

Israeli settlers in the West Bank have called for years for Palestinians to be banned from public transport there, arguing their presence poses a security risk.

That is the news..  well   "Violence begets violence  and Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."   

Reply #869 - May 21, 2015, 06:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pUVh3O21iw

• Previous page 1 ... 27 28 2930 31 ... 39 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »