Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
Today at 07:16 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 07:55 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
Yesterday at 04:01 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 04, 2024, 07:58 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Wafa Sultan : Speak harshly and carry a stick

(Read 11375 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Wafa Sultan : Speak harshly and carry a stick
     Reply #60 - May 18, 2011, 08:25 AM

Can you prove that statement or?

Can you disprove it?

Let us know.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #61 - May 18, 2011, 08:35 AM

Have you heard about ...

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #62 - May 18, 2011, 09:02 AM

Al Ma'rri. The left and the Islamists have two things above all in common - they love the moral high ground and hate listening.

The rest of us are bigots, Zionists, Imperialists.

The other day I was telling a Norwegian anthropologist who studies Afghanistan (I'm sure the Afghans just love that) about the bracing heresies spoken by the good people of CEMB. "Oh they're just extremists," she said. And that was that.
     Reply #63 - May 18, 2011, 09:15 AM

Lmao

@ Al-Ma 'arri  do you mean to say that once you belong to the Left you are exempt from criticism?
    Labels don't mean a thing if you are not true to your declared principles.
    But then talking passionately about and supporting faith schools is more important than student loans I suppose!
    There might be some time in the near future when both the right and the left are destroyed and people stick to the middle---the golden age of sanity.
    But till such time we have got to tolerate grandiose idiots at the extreme.
    Honestly the Left extreme is insufferable; a lot of hot air and highly ineffective!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #64 - May 18, 2011, 01:36 PM

Can you disprove it?

Let us know.

You made a claim so you prove it.

Al Ma'rri. The left and the Islamists have two things above all in common - they love the moral high ground and hate listening.

Who should they listen to? I think the people who are quick to condemn the likes of Libya, Syria, Iran etc. usually think they have the moral high ground by spewing out the typical rhetoric to do with freedom, justice and democracy whilst remaining silent on Saudil, Bahrain, Israel and Yemen  Roll Eyes
     Reply #65 - May 18, 2011, 01:37 PM

^ Fascinating. Thanks for sharing. The Republicans are a protean crowd.

A stray question: Can I put my lips on you?

Um shouldn't you say that after you've seen my pic?  Tongue
     Reply #66 - May 18, 2011, 05:11 PM

You made a claim so you prove it.

Its an invitation to witness the self evident, and remove purblindness from the self.

After all, its something even you have an inkling of.

Some are, like the events and marches to do with Palestine crack me up, leftist non-muslims alongside jihadi sympathisers  Cheesy

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #67 - May 18, 2011, 05:56 PM

Who should they listen to? I think the people who are quick to condemn the likes of Libya, Syria, Iran etc. usually think they have the moral high ground by spewing out the typical rhetoric to do with freedom, justice and democracy whilst remaining silent on Saudil, Bahrain, Israel and Yemen  Roll Eyes

Yes. But that wasn't my point.
     Reply #68 - May 19, 2011, 12:27 PM

Quote from: Mount A Bison
    Are you the spokesman for the Pentagon?

To be honest yes. Do you believe me?

Uncle Sam was not "forced" to blunder into the graveyard of empires

"Uncle Sam" could of course conceivably have left Afghanistan as a safe haven for the fanatical international jihad brigades to plan and execute subsequent mass atrocities and in addition build their central Asian caliphate in from which they hoped to overrun the entire world.

The Taliban offered up the person purportedly culpable for the attacks if Washington could furnish evidence of his complicity

Do you entertain doubts that OBL was in at least some way involved with the WTC attacks?

and Bush rejected negotiations out of hand,

Do you seriously think the likes of the Taliban can be "negotiated" with? Do you understand the role "negotiations" play in jihad tactics as formulated by the Taliban's role model "prophet" Muhammad and expanded upon by Muslim jurists and theologians down the following centuries?

proving that for whatever reason Sam went into the Hindu Kush it could not have been to secure the arrest of the towelhead.

Flawed premises of course lead to flawed conclusions.

And the attentats on the twin towers were executed not by Afghans,

They were executed by the fanatical soldiers of the transnational Umma which subsumes all national and ethnic identities like "Afghan".

The attacks were carried out by Saudis of the Salafi persuasion of Islam

As opposed to what "persuasion"?

that is bankrolled by the House of Saud with whom Bush publically held hands and their aviation training was conducted in Florida and Hamburg. In short, the Taliban had nothing to with the attacks.

They were allowing their country to be used as a training camp for the international jihad brigades to spread murder and mayhem accross the world.

Nor Iraq.

I personally did not agree with the invasion of Iraq which was launched on flimsy pretexts by blinkered rightwing ignoramus business lackeys who naively thought they could set up a Latin-American-style US  puppet regime that would jump to the tune of the US oil giants. What they got was death and chaos which inevitably erupts sooner or later when the Muslim masses are given "freedom".

These wars constitute an act of imperial aggression and are both illegal. That's right, Afghanistan has no UN mandate.

Ultimately raw power trumps all. The US was attacked.  The US did what it saw its national interest required and its military might allowed it to do without serious opposition. In the case of Afghanistan I make them right. Not an ideal situation, but somewhat better I think than if the Ummah possessed the military might of the US.

It is non state actors funded in large part and conscripted from a key Western ally, namely Saudi Arabia.

Absolutely right. These "non-state-actors" are the modern ghazi battalions of the transnational entity known as the Muslim Ummah - pursuing the modern version of the centuries-old Islamic strategy of preliminary "softening up" raids to undermine the enemies of Allah economically and morally as a precursor to full-scale military territorial occupation. The Muslims will of course have no compunction about hiding behind their hated "national identities" when it suits them. Or put another way "It weren't us PAKISTANIS. It was those SAUDIS".

If you can imagine the US raining down missiles on the House of Saud you can do something I cannot.

Indeed, the west with its hunger for oil is in a dance with the devil.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #69 - May 20, 2011, 01:06 PM

Reply #70 - May 24, 2011, 12:52 PM

First this:

Quote from: Mount A Bison
    Ding, ding, ding! Mashallah! You've nailed it brother. I knew that if I stuck with you long enough we'd get there eventually. Fess up: My influence is rubbing off on you isn't it my sweet?

Cease seducing yourself with flattery - it'll only result in a serious case of RSI in your wrist. I was never a supporter of the US invasion of Iraq  and the views I expressed on the matter above were arrived at independently.

There is no evidence that the Taliban colluded with the 9/11 attacks

To repeat. The Taliban allowed the land under their control to be used as training camps for the international jihad brigades. Whether Mullah Omar was informed about specific al-Qaeda operations is really neither here nor there. That said, I can't see any particular reason to take at face value any pleas of ignorance emanating from his lips. Can you?

The Taliban was a regional business ally of Washington enthusiastically welcomed by the Clinton White House.

So the US followed its long practice of getting into bed with any nasty grubby little regime that it deemed sufficiently "business friendly. So? US Capitalists had business dealings with the Nazis before WWII.  and during the conflict.

I'll continue when I have a spare moment....

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #71 - May 24, 2011, 01:29 PM

Don't expect an answer from MAB anytime soon, he is unfortunately serving a short-term suspension.

Hi
     Reply #72 - May 24, 2011, 04:04 PM

Damn. I was just about to respond to his advances.
     Reply #73 - May 24, 2011, 04:05 PM

Cheesy Cheesy

Hi
  • Wafa Sultan : Speak harshly and carry a stick
     Reply #74 - April 22, 2015, 08:47 AM

Well this thread is about Wafa Sultan .. and there is very little in it on her and what she did.. so let me restart it.. Thanks to internet she became well known in a over night with these  sensational debates

Wafa Sultan speaks out on Al-Jazeera TV in 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISNpOkpcWqg

Wafa Sultan VS. Ahmad bin Muhammad  Oct 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqP1LKF-tvw

And that fool Yousuf Al Qaradhawi on  Wafa Sultan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uNU52vpVrg

Briefly Wafa Sultan was born into a large traditional Alawite Muslim  family in Baniyas, Syria.  She, her teacher husband, and children immigrated to the United States in 1989. From the time of her arrival she began to contribute articles to Arabic publications in the United States and published three books in Arabic.

Sultan became notable after the September 11, 2001 attacks for her participation in Middle East political debates, with the publication of Arabic essays that were circulated widely and for television appearances on Al Jazeera and CNN in 2005.   On February 21, 2006, she took part in Al Jazeera's weekly forty-five-minute discussion program The Opposite Direction. She spoke from Los Angeles, arguing with host Faisal al-Qassem and with Ibrahim Al-Khouli, a professor at Al-Azhar University in Cairo (Egypt), about Samuel P. Huntington's Clash of Civilizations theory. A six-minute composite video of her remarks was subtitled and widely circulated by MEMRI on blogs and through e-mail; The New York Times estimated that it has been seen at least one million times..

and those are the  Al Jazeera debates  you see above..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #75 - April 22, 2015, 09:46 AM

Wafa Sultan tear Egyptian Islamist 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCX-XyDERQ

Wafa Sultan Debates Sheikh Omar Bakri  May-17-2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQwn4-jXNLs

She changed millions of Arabic speaking folks single  handedly  with in few years....

Reply #76 - April 22, 2015, 09:51 AM

DH looks to be an absolute CEMB legend. I wish he lived in my time. Then again, I did experience MRasheed more than once...

MRasheed, you were my DH. 001_wub

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #77 - April 22, 2015, 10:13 AM

DH was a Nazi Scumbag who wanted ordinary Muslims interned in concentration/re-education camps and Islamic Scholars massacred.

Fixed!
     Reply #78 - April 22, 2015, 12:06 PM

How's that different from MRasheed? Only ex-muslims instead of muslims.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #79 - April 22, 2015, 05:17 PM

How's that different from MRasheed? Only ex-muslims instead of muslims.

Where did I say he was different to MRasheed?
     Reply #80 - April 23, 2015, 03:37 AM

Fair enough.

Reply #81 - April 25, 2015, 07:31 AM

No.. no it is not fair., back to square one.. all that is nothing to do with Wafa Sultan. So I am going to push back with this post...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRL4sgKFogQ

Reply #82 - September 08, 2016, 10:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HMoVoDro_0

and that is Wafa Sultan   on Aug 23, 2016

And this was Wafa Sultan    ~10 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSwpjfIGlQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqP1LKF-tvw

Reply #83 - September 08, 2016, 12:16 PM

Dewsbury

Jeanette Winterson, in Oranges are not the only fruit, and her more recent autobiography Why be Happy when you could be Normal describes, I believe similar traditions and beliefs with different religious and cultural flavours.

Nowt as queer as folk ;-)

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »