Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What Happened to KafirGirl?

(Read 9899 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What Happened to KafirGirl?
     OP - April 23, 2011, 12:17 PM

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but this seemed like the most appropriate place.
    You may already know who KafirGirl is, if not, she's a blogger that reads the Quran while giving a hilarious running commentary, she also has posts about loads of other (funny) stuff in Islam. She's a Pakistani American ex-muslim and I highly recommend her blog
    http://kafirgirl.wordpress.com/
    The thing is, she hasn't posted in over 2 years and there are a lot of rumors about her death as she just stopped blogging quite abruptly.

Just wondering if anyone else knows about what happened to her?
  • Re: What Happened to KafirGirl?
     Reply #1 - April 23, 2011, 04:50 PM

o wow never knew about this blog. lets read and find out more. i hope she is alright.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #2 - April 23, 2011, 10:21 PM

I remember when she stopped posting. She was fine at the time. She just felt she had run out of things to say. There was a post about it on her blog somewhere.

And yes, she was great fun.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #3 - April 26, 2011, 02:56 PM

she's great! where is she now?

Reply #4 - April 26, 2011, 07:33 PM

She had turn off comments or ways to contact her.. So not sure how can we try to contact.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #5 - May 15, 2011, 03:39 AM

I heard she converted back to Islam. Her new site is at islam.com.  Afro
     Reply #6 - May 15, 2011, 04:24 AM

Not really believable.. if that was the case, her blog wouldn't have been up still.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #7 - August 01, 2012, 12:51 PM

just read first two entries, i like her writing style  Cheesy
     Reply #8 - February 14, 2014, 03:43 PM

Does anyone think she's dead? Why would she quit and not even say why. Why wouldn't she at least give a sign of her wellbeing after four years of silence. I think about her everyday and it makes me really sad  Cry
     Reply #9 - February 14, 2014, 07:34 PM

Really awesome blog there.

KafirGirl sounds like a fantastic superhero name.

Judging be ehr style of commenting upon the Koran I say she turned into Yezeevee.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #10 - February 14, 2014, 08:36 PM

Really awesome blog there.

KafirGirl sounds like a fantastic superhero name.

Judging be ehr style of commenting upon the Koran I say she turned into Yezeevee.

Not only that name sounds as "Super Hero".. She is actually Super hero to many including to me jedi...

Yeezevee, I thought you were being serious, and then followed the link to the FFI board. You got me.

I would say we’re definitely silly, but crazy and angry? Nah. I stand by what I said earlier: I think most people are turned off by Quran commentary / discussion because it’s boring. It’s how I’ve been an atheist for years without actually reading all that much about Islam. If it’s entertaining and conversational, people will actually read it.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I hope you’ll come back and check out the site more.

kafirgirl
    July 31, 2008 at 8:32 am

that is  6 year old message from that kafirgirl...  and read this   from her jedi

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #11 - February 14, 2014, 09:45 PM

Does anyone think she's dead? Why would she quit and not even say why. Why wouldn't she at least give a sign of her wellbeing after four years of silence. I think about her everyday and it makes me really sad  Cry

Do you have to pay an annual fee for a wordpress site? If so then someone is still paying to keep the site online.
     Reply #12 - February 14, 2014, 10:07 PM

Do you have to pay an annual fee for a wordpress site? I.............

http://en.support.wordpress.com/com-vs-org/

Publishing your website is always free here at WordPress.com. And many excellent premium upgrades are available to help you supercharge your site. These upgrades let you use a custom domain (like YourGroovyDomain.com), extensively customize the appearance of your site, upload HD video, and lots more

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #13 - February 16, 2014, 05:59 PM

So that means if I publish a word press blog, it could potentially stay online for 1,000s of years after I die.  mysmilie_977
     Reply #14 - February 17, 2014, 08:20 AM

Welcome to the internet Tony Grin

Reply #15 - November 19, 2014, 06:04 PM

"Stay tuned for part 2 of chapter 16, coming up after I’ve had a few cups of espresso and some snuggle time with KafirDog.  Whoo!  Blogathon!"

Her last words of her last blog post. She replied to the post on a comment on the 4th of February 2009. Nothing since then. It's been almost six years.

I still think of her from time to time. Makes me sad..

Reply #16 - November 19, 2014, 07:12 PM

it just shows that writing a blog and writing articles and telling your story can have a lasting impact

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #17 - November 19, 2014, 07:28 PM

To all those worried, you're going to have to take my word for it, but she's totally fine.
     Reply #18 - November 19, 2014, 07:42 PM

Oh good. Wasn't worried (figured she was over blogging and off doing something else) but it's nice to hear she's fine. Always did enjoy her writing and she seemed like a good sort. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #19 - November 19, 2014, 08:12 PM

To all those worried, you're going to have to take my word for it, but she's totally fine.

if you're in contact, say hi to her from everyone here and tell her that her blogs still are important to people

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #20 - November 19, 2014, 08:16 PM

Will do, Billy.
     Reply #21 - November 19, 2014, 08:16 PM

^

I've actually never read her blog.

can someone link me to it ? 

EDIT nvm saw the link in the OP

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #22 - November 19, 2014, 08:34 PM

Well if you do ever contact her, send her our regards from CEMB, and thank her for all the laughs she has given us.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #23 - November 19, 2014, 08:38 PM

By the way, if she doesn't ever come back to finish her Magnum Opus, would anyone like to pick up the mantle and attempt to finish the job?

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #24 - November 19, 2014, 08:47 PM

Not sure what you mean about finishing the job, but it's always nice to hear from brave and charismatic bloggers, hopefully many others will show up in the future.

I'll try to remember to send along the link to this thread so that she can look at the messages herself if she likes/has time.
     Reply #25 - November 19, 2014, 08:54 PM

I meant 'finish the job' as she stopped at Chapter 16.

Of course no-one has her 'inimitable' (and I used that word intentionally) style and humour.

Suppose its like asking some to re-sculpt the arms of the Venus de Milo, maybe its better left unfinished?

Reply #26 - November 20, 2014, 01:49 PM

Not sure what you mean about finishing the job, but it's always nice to hear from brave and charismatic bloggers, hopefully many others will show up in the future.

I'll try to remember to send along the link to this thread so that she can look at the messages herself if she likes/has time.

Is there a reason for the sudden end of posts?
     Reply #27 - November 20, 2014, 04:37 PM

So she is OK then? That is weird that she just stopped all of a sudden.

Kind of reminds me of that user we had here called "Da_Dude". She just suddenly disappeared, does anyone know what happened to her? Hopefully she is ok...
     Reply #28 - November 20, 2014, 09:56 PM

Is there a reason for the sudden end of posts?

Nothing concerning, Amoku. She never thought anyone would be worried about her. I swear she's alive and well.  yes
     Reply #29 - November 20, 2014, 10:17 PM

Afro Smiley

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »