Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Science, The Blble and the Koran....

(Read 5561 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Science, The Blble and the Koran....
     OP - February 17, 2011, 08:48 PM

.....By Maurice Bucaille (boo-say).

This book (1980) is at the root of current claims by muslims that the the koran contains scientific facts unknowable to the muslims at the time of Mohammad. In modern societies awash with technology and flourishing through scientific advancement these claims are one of the foundations that confirm beliefs that many muslims hold that the koran was revealed by god. In the face of an advanced west they feel a kind of honor, confidence and satisfaction that they are following a true religion. One scholar behind this industrial scale diceit said "One of the main convincing evidences to people to accept Islam is the large number of scientific facts in the Quran."  

It's hucksterism of the worst kind, after the release of the book Bucaille made millions and a post publishing popularity bandwagon rolled into action, it is still trundling on even today. When you see arguaments like embryology, geology, marine science, every science claim muslims make for the koran is a direct result of Maurice Bucaille's dishonest book.

The publicity machine was manned by scholars who quickly saw the advantages of promoting such a doctrine, how right they were, one only needs to type the words "science+koran" into google or you tube to see how pervasive this idea is. The movement called "Bucailleism" invited respected professors and scientists from the west and adopted a scatter gun approach, showering individuals and their spouses with invitations to attend plush hotels and dinners, during conferances, plied the attendees with gifts, then they subjected these learned and greatful scientists to a barage of video interviews using tactics a high pressure door to door salesman would blush at. The result was some kind of meagre endorsement that still today is trumpeted from the rooftops.

Here's a nice video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8A9DEeglXI

"Happy happy, joy joy!" Stimpson J Cat.
  • Re: Science, The Blble and the Koran....
     Reply #1 - February 17, 2011, 09:12 PM

The background noise is annoying..

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #2 - February 17, 2011, 09:21 PM

Thanks for your pertinant and valuable input,

Reply #3 - February 17, 2011, 10:30 PM

I liked the pharaoh story in this book. Although the lab results weren't back at the time of publishing he felt confident they would reveal water damage proving it drowned as per the Quran. Forming a conclusion before the results are back?

In his next book he explains how the lab results showed NO signs of water damage, so if the body had died in water it must have been removed from the water immediately. PROVING THE QURAN WAS RIGHT!

It's right if it's right, and it's right if it's wrong Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #4 - February 17, 2011, 10:59 PM

I've never read it. Huh?

Reply #5 - February 18, 2011, 01:48 AM

Half of me feels like shaking his hand for masterfully duping an entire group of people into paying him millions and the other half of me feels like slapping him into the freaking Sun for all the potentially irreversible damage he's done.  finmad
     Reply #6 - February 18, 2011, 10:34 AM

Its funny there were no claims of scientific miracles in the qur'an before this book!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #7 - February 21, 2011, 10:57 AM

Its funny there were no claims of scientific miracles in the qur'an before this book!

There were. Actually as far back as the 9th. century (of not earlier). In those early days it was fx some greek science which was compared with quranic knowledge. The modern trend of finding scientific miracles was inspired by christian creationist - the most prominent was the Nur-movement (founder Said Nursi).
     Reply #8 - February 21, 2011, 11:33 AM

well on the way, some of you may be interested  reading that book.,  here is translated version of that original french kiss of Islam by Maurice Bucaille

The Bible, The Qur'an and Science
    by Dr. Maurice Bucaille
    THE HOLY SCRIPTURES EXAMINED IN THE LIGHT
    OF MODERN KNOWLEDGE
     Translated from French
    by Alastair D. Pannell and The Author
    http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/MB_BQS/default.htm  

And off course it comes out of land o Mullahs
    Ansariyan Publications
    P.O.B 37185/187 QUM
    Islamic RePublic Of Iran
    Tel 74 17 44

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #9 - February 21, 2011, 11:39 AM

There were. Actually as far back as the 9th. century (of not earlier). In those early days it was fx some greek science which was compared with quranic knowledge. The modern trend of finding scientific miracles was inspired by christian creationist - the most prominent was the Nur-movement (founder Said Nursi).

Can you give me a link on that statement Soren

with best
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #10 - February 22, 2011, 10:54 AM

Can you give me a link on that statement Soren

with best
    yeezevee

No, no link. But a citation might be appropiate Smiley And I should have written 10th century.

The stages of development which the Qur’an and Hadith established for believers agreed substantially with Galen’s scientific account. In De Semine, for example, Galen spoke of four periods in the formation of the embryo: (1) as seminal matter; (2) as a bloody form (still without flesh, in which the primitive heart, liver, and brain are well-defined, and the limbs begin formation); and finally (4) all the organs attain their full perfection and the fetus is quickened. There is no doubt that medieval thought appreciated this agreement between the Qur’an and Galen, for Arabic science employed the same Qur’anic terms to describe the Galenic stages: (as in Ibn Sina’s account of Galen): nutfa for the first, ‘alaqa for the second, “unformed” mudgha for the third, and “formed” mudgha for the fourth [from Basim Musallam "The Human Embryo in Arabic Scientific and Religious thought" in "The Human Embryo: Aristotle and the Arabic and European Traditions" ed. G. R. Dunstan

It should be noted though that this is probably one of few examples before the 19th century.
     Reply #11 - May 20, 2016, 05:24 PM

The Interpretation of the Koran in Modern Egypt Google Books
    By J. J. G. Jansen 1980 First Published 1974

Reply #12 - May 22, 2016, 10:07 PM

Errors in Koran
    https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »