Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Douglas Murray & Mehdi Hasan on Question Time

(Read 12619 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Douglas Murray & Mehdi Hasan on Question Time
     OP - February 09, 2011, 01:29 PM

Douglas Murray will be on Question Time tomorrow and joining him on the panel will be none other than Mehdi Hasan!

After David Camerons speech the other day I'm presuming they'll discuss multiculturalism and this is the perfect opportunity for someone like Douglas to expose the two-faced snake that is Mehdi Hasan who thinks disbelievers are "cattle", "behave like animals" and are "people of no intelligence".

I'm gonna email those YouTube clips of Mehdi to CSC when I get home (I'm on iPhone right now).

• Re: Somebody contact Douglas Murray...
     Reply #1 - February 09, 2011, 01:32 PM

thanks for reminded me about question time !!!!!

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #2 - February 09, 2011, 01:58 PM

I really don't see why everyone here gets so worked up about Mehdi Hasan, just because of one smear from Harry's Place. He is certainly not an islamist by any stretch. If you notice, the whole of that post is based on Mehdi Hasan talking for 45 seconds!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #3 - February 09, 2011, 02:00 PM

I hope the program gets YouTubed.

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #4 - February 09, 2011, 02:02 PM

I've never visited Harry's Place, I just saw the clips of Mehdi on YouTube myself and formed my own opinion.

Reply #5 - February 09, 2011, 02:09 PM

Tonight's Question Time will be fun. Mehdi will call everyone who disagrees with him an Islamophobe, bigot, racist, etc etc etc.

Mixu - for me, Mehdi Hasan's words are not a smear. Its interesting to note how someone who can use rhetoric describing people as being like animals, beasts, of no intelligence, for no other reason than that they are not of the same religion as him, can simultaneously be a public figure who is not held to account for those words. If anyone used that kind of rhetoric about Muslims (or any other group or minority) they would be hounded out of public life. Why is that?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Re: Douglas Murray & Mehdi Hasan on Question Time
     Reply #6 - February 09, 2011, 02:23 PM

Mehdi is very quick to say that anyone who disagrees with him suffers from a phobia.

Even people who object to Qatar getting the 2022 World Cup suffer from "Qatarphobia" according to him... http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/mehdi-hasan/2010/12/world-cup-2022-qatar-gay-gulf

This bit was particularly revealing...

"Gay sex is illegal in Qatar, though the authorities don't normally go out of their way to track gay people down . . . very few gay-related cases have been reported in Qatar."

^ Does that make it ok?

Would Mehdi be okay if being Muslim was illegal in Britain, so long as the authorities don't go out if their way to track down Muslims?

Reply #7 - February 09, 2011, 02:37 PM

Mehdi also believes in the sustenance of religious identity politics. At heart that is what Cameron's speech was about. It was very specific, very accurate, very particular. But again, that gets called bigotry, phobia etc etc.

Expect ad hominem galore tonight.

God is Love.

Reply #8 - February 09, 2011, 02:49 PM

Tomorrow night (Thursday)  Smiley

Reply #9 - February 09, 2011, 02:54 PM

Tonight's Question Time will be fun. Mehdi will call everyone who disagrees with him an Islamophobe, bigot, racist, etc etc etc.

Mixu - for me, Mehdi Hasan's words are not a smear. Its interesting to note how someone who can use rhetoric describing people as being like animals, beasts, of no intelligence, for no other reason than that they are not of the same religion as him, can simultaneously be a public figure who is not held to account for those words. If anyone used that kind of rhetoric about Muslims (or any other group or minority) they would be hounded out of public life. Why is that?

But they are not though are they. For example, from a sample of 56 men, of whom 50 were pakistani, in one part of the North of England,  which is highly populated by Pakistanis, Melanie Phillips concluded that the majority of people involved in this sort of crime are Muslim (not Pakistani, but Muslim in general) and saying that it is a religious animosity, as they target Sikh and Hindu girls as well. Despite the fact that the real statistics shows that about 80% of people in jail for sex offences are white, which reflects the general demographic of the country. But Melanie Philips hasn't been hounded out of public life! Not even Nick Griffin has been hounded out of public life; rather the opposite. He is increasingly being invited on TV to discuss his opinions!

As for Mehdi Hasan, I don't think you can judge him just from a couple of very short clips on Harry's Place and youtube. I am obviously not defending his not very carefully chosen words in those 45 seconds, but If you look at some of the other words he said from this talk, he really doesn't sound like an Islamist at all but actually quite tolerant and inclusive.

The Middle East, despite all its oil wealth…is an intellectually stagnant area of the world, where one in three Arabs, 65 million human beings, Muslims, are functionally illiterate, of which two thirds are women. 10 million children in the Middle East have never stepped foot inside a classroom, inside a school. That is the modern Muslim legacy. The Middle East…is now intellectually closed off to the outside world. … Closed off to the world – and let s not hear any of this nonsense about foreign literature, or foreign books, or foreign languages, being alien to Islam. It is the only way to learn, to open your minds to non-Muslims, to open your minds to other cultures, to learn foreign languages.

He seems to be lambasting the Muslim world for being hostile to non islamic knowledge, culture and languages. He also refers to "our Jewish brethren who we spend so much time fighting with" in this same speech, not "those evil Jews who control the whole world and the banks and america blah blah blah".

He doesn't sound much like an Islamist to me.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #10 - February 09, 2011, 04:59 PM

I never said, and I don't think, that Hasan is an Islamist, but he is an advocate for religious identity politics, which is the petri dish for Islamist power in the UK.

Can you think of anyone in public life that has said an entire group of people are animals, and simply because they don't conform to that persons religion, are bestial and without intelligence? Anyone who has said such a thing and if not hounded out of public life, would be held to account and demanded to explain themselves or at least issue a mea culpa and an explanation of how they disowned their past views and words.

OK lets try an experiment. A prominent journalist who appears on TV and radio makes a speech in which he says:

"Muslims are cattle and animals. They are without intelligence. They are essentially not fully human, they are bestial"

Lets say that man didn't even refer to Muslims as Muslims, he used a pejorative term as odious as that of 'kuffar'

Would you let him off the hook, just because he said something vaguely agreeable, hardly ground-breaking, and obvious, like education is good, later on in that speech? Would that nullify what he had said before, and his need to account for those words?

What if he later wrote about his belief in religious identity politics, and how, say, minority groups should be supposedly represented by reactionary groups who had political ideologies and agendas inimical to liberal, egalitarian, secular principles, all in the name of mobbing up and empowering those ideologues.

How about if he said that everyone who asked these questions, was actually motivated not by a requirement for people to account for their words and ideas, but through some kind of bigotry, phobia and racism, that effectively gace him a get-out-of-jail-free card, on his opinions?

The underage grooming issue was well discussed here, I don't have anything to add to that. But do you really think that Melanie Phillips is not derided in public life? That she isn't hounded and called out for her views? Or that Nick Griffin isn't viewed with contempt?

And since when did Melanie Phillips spouting her views, views that are challenged and derided with complete freedom, mean that Mehdi Hasan is somehow discriminated against for being held to account for his words?

Why would that person who said Mehdi Hasan style things about Muslims be derided and raked over hot coals, whilst Mehdi carries on regardless?

Here is the thing. Mehdi Hasan is supposed to be progressive and part of the Left. And yet he gives speeches dehumanising non Muslims as bestial. To hold him to account for his words is not a smear. If you claim to be progressive and part of the Left, account for your words, don't slander people when they address your opinions.

God is Love.

Reply #11 - February 09, 2011, 05:41 PM

Here is the thing. Mehdi Hasan is supposed to be progressive and part of the Left. And yet he gives speeches dehumanising non Muslims as bestial. To hold him to account for his words is not a smear. If you claim to be progressive and part of the Left, account for your words, don't slander people when they address your opinions.

Don't forget that Mehdi Hassan is a political editor of New Statesman which apparently is a premier left wing political magazine in the UK.

He is not a simple nobody with obnoxious views.
     Reply #12 - February 09, 2011, 06:35 PM

linky linky to a site that allows international viewing if possible, when it comes out.  Smiley

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #13 - February 09, 2011, 07:05 PM

I never said, and I don't think, that Hasan is an Islamist, but he is an advocate for religious identity politics, which is the petri dish for Islamist power in the UK.

I know you don't think of him as an Islamist, I was just saying that because on Youtube, a lot of videos are titled "Mehdi Hasan the Islamist" "Mehdi Hasan the Jihadist" etc. when that really is not accurate.

Can you think of anyone in public life that has said an entire group of people are animals, and simply because they don't conform to that persons religion, are bestial and without intelligence? Anyone who has said such a thing and if not hounded out of public life, would be held to account and demanded to explain themselves or at least issue a mea culpa and an explanation of how they disowned their past views and words.

The underage grooming issue was well discussed here, I don't have anything to add to that. But do you really think that Melanie Phillips is not derided in public life? That she isn't hounded and called out for her views? Or that Nick Griffin isn't viewed with contempt?

And since when did Melanie Phillips spouting her views, views that are challenged and derided with complete freedom, mean that Mehdi Hasan is somehow discriminated against for being held to account for his words?

I didn't see the underage grooming threads so I can't comment on that, but my point about Melanie Phillips and Nick Griffin etc. is they are called out for their views and viewed with contempt by a large section of society, but they are by no means being hounded out of public life. They appear on question time, on the news, and melanie phillips has a column in a national daily. And Mehdi Hasan is not discriminated against for being held to account for his words; my point was that it appears that guys at harry's place made an opinion of him over a couple of very short parts of a speech, whilst ignoring all the other aspects of that speech and everything else he has ever said. That is what I mean when I said he has been smeared. I am not excusing those comments, and I certainly don't agree with them. But you can't judge a character on a few sentences that he has said, and he should be able to defend himself instead of just being labelled as an Islamist and an unsavoury character.

Reply #14 - February 09, 2011, 09:15 PM

OK Mixu, we'll agree to disagree on that. I think the smear is on those who hold people to account for their words and ideas and are then hectored at for being la-di-dah phobic and bigoted and all that jive - pretty much what Hasan and his kind do all the time.

God is Love.

Reply #15 - February 11, 2011, 09:26 PM

Here are some highlights.  I'm sure someone will upload it in full soon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn7EaTh1gL4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wonnh6Pu29U

Reply #16 - February 11, 2011, 09:52 PM

Mehdi's a curious mammal. Let me sample his scribblings before I spread wounding lies about the size of his manhood. If the fellow's anything like Douglas-poke-me-harder-Mr-neocon-Murray, I may have to loosen some four letter words not fit to print.
     Reply #17 - February 11, 2011, 10:08 PM

Mehdi Hasan did what I predicted he'd do.  He does this a LOT and it's incredibly annoying.  He's very keen to bring "Nick Griffin" into the discussion and use that as a weapon to beat his opponent with.

"Nick Griffin" this and "Nick Griffin" that... he seems to promote Nick Griffin more than Nick Griffin promotes himself.

He somehow associates his opponent with "Nick Griffin" or the BNP and that gets a few of the naive lefty liberal UAF types on his side.

So fucking annoying!

Reply #18 - February 11, 2011, 10:35 PM

I don't know who Mehdi is but after that episode, he gave me the impression that he is a fucking idiot. He was getting waaaay too emotional at every criticism Douglas made and just made an absolute fool of himself. Didn't say anything worthwhile in debate, just made some very emotional arguments whilst comparing his opponents to EDL. Typical.

There were some funny scenes in that show. Especially loved the bit where that muslim bloke in the audience went mental and yelled at Douglas to get our troops out of Egypt, Saudi and Iran! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #19 - February 11, 2011, 10:51 PM

Mehdi Hasan most definitely got caught out when they were discussing the cause of terrorism.  First Mehdi tried to dismiss the religious components to the terrorism, then after a bit of interrogation from Douglas and Dimbleby he admitted that there is a religious component to the terrorism.

Watch from 8:50mins of the first video.  Here's a little transcript.  It didn't help that they were talking over each other towards the end...

Gentleman in audience - "The root cause of terrorism is bad teachings in religious schools."

Mehdi - "Rubbish"

Mehdi - "Terrorism is not a cultural problem, terrorism is a political problem".

Douglas - "And it's a religious problem as well"

Mehdi - "In your view Douglas it's a religious problem".

Douglas - "And in the view of a lot of people including the people who carry out acts of terror who say they do it in the name of religion".

Mehdi - "They also say they do it because of foreign policy..."

Douglas - "Absolutely..."

Mehdi - "...and you always ignore that bit don’t you?”

Douglas – “No I don’t at all, but at least listen to the reasons they say they do it”

Mehdi – “So why didn’t he talk about foreign policy in his speech then?”

Douglas – “I’m perfectly willing to talk about foreign policy as would David Cameron be, but you cannot pretend that there is no religious component to the terrorism because there is ”

Mehdi – “I thought you said it was cultural.  Culture and religion is not the same thing”.

Dimbleby - "Mehdi, you're saying there is no religious component?"

Mehdi - "I'm saying there is a religious component; I'm saying there’s not a CULTURAL component".

^Basically, Mehdi was tying himself into knots and he made a dogs dinner of that.  He conflated religion and culture together in his attempt to take the blame away from the religion of Islam.

Reply #20 - February 11, 2011, 11:04 PM

I can't believe Mehdi said this too...

"... and to talk like Douglas about "forced marriages".  Sorry, how many people have forced marriages in this country and show me which cultural group defends forced marriages and which government defends forced marriages.  I've yet to come across a single one".

Roll Eyes

Reply #21 - February 11, 2011, 11:06 PM

Some post-Question Time clarifications
    Posted by Mehdi Hasan - 11 February 2011 14:37
    For those of you who seem intent on getting the wrong end of the stick . . .

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more – appearing on BBC1's Question Time last night, or following the Twittersphere's reaction to it as the show went out at 10.35pm. Once again, it seems, I am the Marmite panellist – people either loved me, or hated me. (From the tweets, it seems as if the "lovers" edged out the "haters" – phew!)

And I'm amused to get, almost at the same time, texts, tweets and emails of the "We're so proud of you for sticking up for Muslims" variety and tweets/texts/emails of the "You're just an evil extremist Islamist" variety; texts/tweets/email of the "Great to see an articulate lefty" variety and tweets/texts/emails of the "You're an embarrassment to the left" variety. Hilarious.

Question Time is a fun show to do, but I'd be the first to admit that it doesn't lend itself to nuance or depth and doesn't allow panellists enough time to unpack their views and opinions in any detail. There's been some confusion on Twitter, and in the texts and emails, about the various views that I expressed and positions that I took – and, of course, some of the confusion is a result of the deliberate misrepresentation and distortion of my views by my critics on the right. So I thought I'd take this opportunity, like last time, to offer some quick, brief, post-QT clarifications:

1) On prisoner voting: I don't support giving every prisoner the right to vote but I am opposed to a blanket ban. It might be considered right and proper, and proportionate, to strip serious criminals – murderers, rapists, paedophiles, armed robbers, etc – of their right to vote, but the vast majority of prisoners in this country are not serious criminals. On what basis can it be said to be proportionate to remove the right to vote from a shoplifter or a drug offender or someone who has breached the terms of their Asbo? And this is not some odd or extreme position – Italy, Malta and Poland, for example, ban only those deemed to have committed serious crimes from exercising their right to vote. In Greece, anyone sentenced to life receives a permanent voting ban. Let's be clear: I'm not advocating giving killers like John Hirst the right to vote in prison – and nor was the European Court, despite Douglas Murray's factually inaccurate claim to the contrary on the programme last night.

2) On multiculturalism: I didn't equate David Cameron with the EDL or "smear" him as Tim Montgomerie and others have claimed. I pointed out that the English Defence League and the French National Front welcomed Cameron's remarks (and that even the BNP's Nick Griffin, while also welcoming the comments, pointed out the "provocative" timing of the speech in Munich, given events back home in Luton). So, am I expected to ignore their comments? As a member of an ethnic minority, should I not be bothered that far-right racists who wish me and my family harm are claiming the PM's speech – or, at the very minimum, the media spin around it – as a vindication of their views/opinions? Am I supposed to pretend that politicians never "dog-whistle"? (For more on my views on Cameron's speech, see my column in this week's New Statesman.)

As for the "forced marriages" issue, which the oddball right-wing blogger "Archbishop Cranmer" seems to have seized upon in his rambling blog post this morning, I didn't say there weren't any forced marriages in the UK or that forced marriages were a "myth" – I pointed out that it was ridiculous for Douglas Murray to pretend (a) that multiculturalism is responsible for forced marriages, and (b) that I've yet to come across a single politician, community leader or religious spokesman who defends forced marriages or excuses them on the basis of "multiculturalism". It is just ridiculous and dishonest to make such a claim. "Cranmer", who constructed his entire blog post on the basis of something I didn't say, says my "ignorance is astonishing"; I find his inability to understand simple English "astonishing". He really should pay attention.

3) On Egypt: There is no inconsistency to supporting the popular and peaceful uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt while opposing the Anglo-American military intervention in Iraq. Arabs should be allowed to choose their own leaders and decide their own destiny; the west should neither prop up the despotic dictators in the Middle East – as we did with Saddam Hussein (until 1990) and Hosni Mubarak (until last week) – nor set out to remove them through "shock and awe" – as we did in Iraq, without UN backing and with bloody consequences.

4) On the "big society": I was amazed that Francis Maude could pretend that the draconian cuts to spending on charities and voluntary groups could be avoided if councils reduced their "costs" and "overheads". Conservative ministers have made some pretty disingenuous claims in recent weeks but this one takes the biscuit. The fact is that councils, which are having to make unprecedented and frontloaded cuts to their budgets of roughly 27 per cent over the next four years, "made savings of more than £3n between 2005 and 2008 and a further £1.7bn in 2008-2009. In 2009-2010 councils made efficiency savings of more than £4.8m every day." As David Cameron himself admitted, in opposition (on 8 September 2009): "Local government is officially the most efficient part of the public sector." He added:"Councils achieve well in excess of the sector's spending review targets, beating central government savings by a country mile." And much ink has been spilled in the tabloid press about "fat-cat" local council bosses, but a "reduction in the chief executive pay bill of 50 per cent would only yield 0.35 per cent of the savings needed to fill the £6.5bn funding gap for 2011-2012, and equates to only 0.05 per cent of total employee expenditure". Bad luck, Francis.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/mehdi-hasan/2011/02/forced-marriages-tweets-texts

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #22 - February 11, 2011, 11:39 PM

2) On multiculturalism: I didn't equate David Cameron with the EDL or "smear" him as Tim Montgomerie and others have claimed. I pointed out that the English Defence League and the French National Front welcomed Cameron's remarks (and that even the BNP's Nick Griffin, while also welcoming the comments, pointed out the "provocative" timing of the speech in Munich, given events back home in Luton). So, am I expected to ignore their comments? As a member of an ethnic minority, should I not be bothered that far-right racists who wish me and my family harm are claiming the PM's speech – or, at the very minimum, the media spin around it – as a vindication of their views/opinions? Am I supposed to pretend that politicians never "dog-whistle"? (For more on my views on Cameron's speech, see my column in this week's New Statesman.)

As for the "forced marriages" issue, which the oddball right-wing blogger "Archbishop Cranmer" seems to have seized upon in his rambling blog post this morning, I didn't say there weren't any forced marriages in the UK or that forced marriages were a "myth" – I pointed out that it was ridiculous for Douglas Murray to pretend (a) that multiculturalism is responsible for forced marriages, and (b) that I've yet to come across a single politician, community leader or religious spokesman who defends forced marriages or excuses them on the basis of "multiculturalism". It is just ridiculous and dishonest to make such a claim. "Cranmer", who constructed his entire blog post on the basis of something I didn't say, says my "ignorance is astonishing"; I find his inability to understand simple English "astonishing". He really should pay attention.

*epic facepalm*
     Reply #23 - February 11, 2011, 11:41 PM

Reply #24 - February 12, 2011, 12:00 AM

Mehdi – “I thought you said it was cultural.  Culture and religion is not the same thing”.

^Basically, Mehdi was tying himself into knots and he made a dogs dinner of that.  He conflated religion and culture together in his attempt to take the blame away from the religion of Islam.

Yep, very slippery.

God is Love.

Reply #25 - February 12, 2011, 12:37 AM

Come on, seriously?

This is how it went down

Mehdi " Not everyone who critiques multiculturalism gets called a racist, now let me mention a few racists who agree with this critique of multiculturalism"

I see nothing wrong with calling out dog whistles but he wasn't calling out anything.  He went strait to the tar brush without hesitation.    

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
     Reply #26 - February 12, 2011, 12:44 AM

By what canon of logic did the neocon triumph? The Muslim fellow traffics in the outer reaches of imbecility to be sure, but I found Douglas no less an artful dodger. This debate trained a searching beam light on both their political humbuggery. As with all laptop bombardiers Douglas would rather be anally gang raped by a gang of hairy Turks than concede what is plain to everyone not afflicted with severe brain damage, namely that rubbling other people's countries might just make them a little vengeful. The merchants of war, for reasons plain to all, refuse to bear culpability for the blowback of their militarism as much as the towelheads will not accept that Islam breeds terror.

Mehdi is mentally defective, but let us not get any lectures from a hawkish neocon who, for all his braggadocio, has the exact level of combat experience as Britney Spears. Don’t misunderstand. Laptop bombing carries its perils. He could have broken a nail on his shift key. Sure, a trip to the nails parlour would fix it, but those things hurt.

I agree.  I don't like Douglas's waffling with Egypt's decision., among other things he diddled about.  He should have said, this is what we would like but at the end of the day we have to respect the Egyptian people's decision.   Full stop.  We will worry about a "extremist Islamist" government when it comes to that.

Reply #27 - February 12, 2011, 01:02 AM

He should have said, this is what we would like but at the end of the day we have to respect the Egyptian people's decision.   Full stop.  We will worry about a "extremist Islamist" government when it comes to that.

He did say that though, and I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about extremist Islam beforehand.

Reply #28 - February 12, 2011, 01:39 AM

I don't so either and I think its a good litmus test of those who like to point fingers and cry racist or orientalist etc to see if they automatically decry this.  Its not like its not an unfounded worry, and one that should be talked about.  The twin cries of "incoming Caliphate, it can't be stopped!" and " " How dare you raise the question!" are the two tails of a the tailed test of bullshiters.  

Reply #29 - February 12, 2011, 01:41 AM

Thanks Shahid Raza.

Gosh, I find it amazing that Medhi gets ovations from the crowd when giving it the all, "I'm a proud Asian, Muslim, Britain", line when the audience don't really know him. Yes you are Medhi, Oxford educated and you suffer from Islamic mind hijacking big-time and are not a great example to second or third generations immigrants.

Btw, his WIKIPEDIA entry has been updated by someone:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Hasan
    "Medhi Hasan caused controversy over a speech he gave to the Al Khoei Islamic Centre in February 2009. In the speech, Hasan referred to atheists as 'cattle' and people of 'no intelligence'."

Good job, whoever that was!  Afro
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »