Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 06:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Zakir Naik to address Oxford Union by satellite on 11th Feb

(Read 16605 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Zakir Naik to address Oxford Union by satellite on 11th Feb
     OP - January 31, 2011, 10:53 AM

http://m.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/jan/28/zakir-naik-oxford-union-satellite?cat=politics&type=article

• Re: Zakir Naik to address Oxford Union by satellite on 11th Feb
     Reply #1 - January 31, 2011, 10:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovuX3xweF0U

well make thread  and type away.  Look at that silly ad,  There is plenty of   Propaganda money that  comes to this guy from Petrodollars and rich Indians living in Middle East..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - January 31, 2011, 11:04 AM

It's sad that this circus clown will be allowed onto such a prestigious platform to preach his BS. Hopefully, the people who question him expose his as the nasty fraud he is.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #3 - January 31, 2011, 11:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovuX3xweF0U

well make thread  and type away.  Look at that silly ad,  There is plenty of   Propaganda money that  comes to this guy from Petrodollars and rich Indians living in Middle East..

He's already using the event to give himself more credibility, how predictable. finmad

Reply #4 - January 31, 2011, 11:10 AM

Is anyone planning to go there? We can organize a list of irrefutable questions to ask him. Here are a few from me.

1. What is the significant proof without any circular logic that Quran is written by the same god who created this amazing universe?
    2. Why does people claim that quran is beautiful but ordinary human beings can't make sense of it even from one verse to the next? It does look like even anyone who is suffering from autism can write things like quran that doesn't make sense from one sentence to another or extremely repeatative. Any comments about that?
    3. (by mufa9a) if Islam is strong, why is it afraid of apostates?(punishing them)

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #5 - January 31, 2011, 11:12 AM

It's sad that this circus clown will be allowed onto such a prestigious platform to preach his BS. Hopefully, the people who question him expose his as the nasty fraud he is.

When he had to hold a conference in Canada, he was denied Canadian visa on the grounds of being hate mongerer, but even that people managed to continue the conference on live video.

and many others...
     Reply #6 - January 31, 2011, 11:13 AM

well that fellow should have freedom to express his views  but people  that oppose this Indian  Islamic gentleman  should also have freedom to express their regrets

here is the president

http://www.oxford-union.org/

http://www.oxford-union.org/conferencing

make some tubes of Naik's  rubbish and post it to James Langman University College President

The Oxford Union. A name synonymous with famous speakers and world class debating. A beautiful library with murals by William Morris, Rosetti, Burne-Jones, Pollen and Prinsep. A unique place, at the heart of Oxford.

Those who already know the Union will recognise that it offers incomparable opportunities for those seeking the ultimate in corporate entertainment or sponsorship opportunities.

The cachet of the Society which has hosted the disparate likes of Senator Bobby Kennedy, Mother Theresa, Winston Churchill, Presidents Reagan, Nixon and Carter, Albert Einstein, Jerry Hall and Kermit the Frog is recognized world wide. Twice host to BBC's Question Time and many other televised events, the Union is no stranger to the media.

Steeped in history, the Union was founded in 1823 as a forum for discussion and debate at a time when the free exchange of ideas was a notion foreign to the restrictive University authorities, and debates are still its lifeblood. Five former British Prime ministers have been Offices of the Union: Gladstone, Salisbury, Asquith, Macmillan and Heath, and numerous Cabinet Ministers from across the political spectrum held positions in the Union whilst students.

Anyone wishing for further details should contact Sarah Jane O'Neill, Events Manager, on 01865 241353, or Email Us

events@oxford-union.org

The Oxford Union
    Frewin Court
    Oxford – OX1 3JB

Tel: 01865 241 353

Mob: 07507 683129
    Fax: 01865 250 092

Reply #7 - January 31, 2011, 11:16 AM

Im glad its being held @ the Oford union where certain rules & protocols for debate will be observed, and not taken over by the "TakeBeer" bellowing beardos

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - January 31, 2011, 11:17 AM

Peace TV?? never heard of it!!
    i don't watch TV but i would turn it on(if i were home and doing absolutely nothing) to see what students ask him...not much for his answers..he'll probably use the 2+2=3 example again.

Muddy, i got one..if Islam is strong, why is it afraid of apostates?(punishing them)

When he had to hold a conference in Canada, he was denied Canadian visa on the grounds of being hate mongerer,

Yes to standards!!

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #9 - January 31, 2011, 11:21 AM

updated Smiley

and many others...
     Reply #10 - January 31, 2011, 11:34 AM

Naik has a huge following and this debate, I think, will be more about taking the piss out of him than anything else.

From the article in the OP:
    "Dr Naik will be speaking via video link, rather than appearing in person. We have no desire to challenge Dr Naik's ban on entry to the UK. However, we do wish to give our members the chance to discuss and challenge his views on terrorism and the Home Office's recent decision to ban him,"

It's a good idea to debate these assholes instead of just trying to ban them. People are listening to Naik anyway, in this day and age, information/disinformation can't be sealed, banned, controlled - it has to be confronted, challenged, contested, debated.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #11 - January 31, 2011, 11:42 AM

You can only attend if you're a member of the Oxford Union.  ie if you study or have studied at Oxford.

Reply #12 - January 31, 2011, 12:02 PM

Then we have to immediately recruit some Oxford Union members. Tongue

and many others...
     Reply #13 - January 31, 2011, 12:08 PM

You can only attend if you're a member of the Oxford Union.  ie if you study or have studied at Oxford.

cool that will mean for once he is outnumbered, and not egged on by his usual wahhabi crew

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - January 31, 2011, 12:09 PM

I doubt he will come off better at the end of this debate.  I think his ego of taking part has got the better of him.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - January 31, 2011, 01:55 PM

He will bluff his way through the whole thing with plenty of references to "peace", whilst cherry picking the relatively good quotes from the Quran/Hadith.

I doubt there will be many people in the Oxford Union who'll know his real views.

Reply #16 - January 31, 2011, 01:59 PM

That guy is NOT going to debate with anyone.. He is going talk usual rubbish.  Who is debating with him anyway?? it only says he is going to address Oxford union.    I am just curious about the subject of debate ..  

Reply #17 - January 31, 2011, 02:03 PM

I hope he'll be debating someone who actually knows something about Islam. Usually in the debates between Islam and atheists, the atheist knows next to nothing about Islam beyond a cursory reading of the Qur'an and it's infuriating to watch them squirm when the Muslim brings up a point that they weren't expecting. I remember watching a debate between Dan Barker and Adam Deen -- Adam brought up the unmatched eloquence of the Qur'an argument which Dan didn't really deal with. :-/

Reply #18 - January 31, 2011, 02:09 PM

I have the feeling that this will be more of a discussion over the issues and reasoning behind his ban, and less about Islamic ideas.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #19 - January 31, 2011, 02:14 PM

That guy is NOT going to debate with anyone.. He is going talk usual rubbish.  Who is debating with him anyway?? it only says he is going to address Oxford union.    I am just curious about the subject of debate ..  

This more than likly.  I feel for anyone that has to sit though this unwillingly.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
     Reply #20 - January 31, 2011, 02:58 PM

I think we need to find the email addresses for contact persons at oxford union. Ask them if there are any athiests who are interested in attending the show, they should visit our thread and find the real issues before hand.

and many others...
     Reply #21 - January 31, 2011, 03:46 PM

It's a good idea to debate these assholes instead of just trying to ban them. People are listening to Naik anyway, in this day and age, information/disinformation can't be sealed, banned, controlled - it has to be confronted, challenged, contested, debated.

The problem is - too many indoctrinated minds take what he says as truth. When one goes over the threshold of mass influence and is influencing negatively, I think they deserve the ban.
     Reply #22 - January 31, 2011, 04:10 PM

Fucking LOL.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #23 - January 31, 2011, 04:27 PM

Quick question.  Zakir Naik completed his MBBS in 1991 then quickly switched to full time dawah without really practising medicine.  So after 20 years, can he still call himself "Doctor" Zakir Naik?

Reply #24 - January 31, 2011, 04:29 PM

Grin
     Reply #25 - January 31, 2011, 05:13 PM

The problem is - too many indoctrinated minds take what he says as truth. When one goes over the threshold of mass influence and is influencing negatively, I think they deserve the ban.

So does this "ban" stop people from getting his shows, interviews and speeches online and spread it via print and multimedia? What does a ban on someone like Naik actually achieve?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #26 - January 31, 2011, 05:28 PM

So does this "ban" stop people from getting his shows, interviews and speeches online and spread it via print and multimedia? What does a ban on someone like Naik actually achieve?

It shows his views are not approved by the government - I think thats a pretty strong message to his fans who I are mostly law abiding muslims

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #27 - January 31, 2011, 05:54 PM

Naik has a huge following and this debate, I think, will be more about taking the piss out of him than anything else.

Not enough has been done in this regard in this person's case. He has had a free playing field so far.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #28 - January 31, 2011, 05:56 PM

It shows his views are not approved by the government - I think thats a pretty strong message to his fans who I are mostly law abiding muslims

I don't really think so. He must have international ban, with solid words that his ideology is not welcome in any civilized nation.

and many others...
     Reply #29 - January 31, 2011, 07:01 PM

The government isn't the final arbiter of what ideas are right and wrong, that is why there is freedom of speech.    I don't hold government statements of " This X government does not condone Y action or Z government approves of J action" in high regard. 

• 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »