Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: comments on prince v freesoul007

(Read 51973 times)
  • 12 3 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • comments on prince v freesoul007
     OP - January 13, 2011, 04:53 AM

to prince: why bring intelligent design into it? Both ID and evolution can be wrong...

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
  • Re: comments on prince v freesoul007
     Reply #1 - January 13, 2011, 04:54 AM

But can they both be right? He is a proponent of creationism.
     Reply #2 - January 13, 2011, 04:55 AM

No, but it seems to me that your opponent started the debate on evolution itself, not evolution vs intelligent design.
    Unfortunately, I just think you'll end up debating on two fronts and it will make things messy.  lipsrsealed

Reply #3 - January 13, 2011, 04:58 AM

It will inevitably descend into "that can't be what happened because actually THIS is what happened." Debates with creationists tend to be messy. But sure, he can forget about ID for now. Though I don't expect this to be a particularly lengthy or fruitful discussion...
     Reply #4 - January 13, 2011, 05:02 AM

But wait, you can never prove certainly that evolution is true, because there's always the possibility that you're being deceived by a demon.

*Descartes trollface*
     Reply #5 - January 13, 2011, 05:04 AM

I would think all that is required is for prince to argue for evolution as a scientific theory, not as the truth. Only the best, falsifiable hypothesis in regards to the data.

Reply #6 - January 13, 2011, 05:07 AM

you guys need to stop flirting and get to the point.

Reply #7 - January 13, 2011, 05:07 AM

But we could still all be dreaming that Prince provided any evidence.

dance
     Reply #8 - January 13, 2011, 05:07 AM

This is easily going to be the most retarded debate we've ever had.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #9 - January 13, 2011, 05:09 AM

If evolution is false the whole bio-medical industry and all medicine available should also be false. All genetic mapping, allelic determination of diseases, SNP's and molecular cellular knowledge is based on evolutionary "theory".

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #10 - January 13, 2011, 05:14 AM

If this was a boxing match, Prince Spinoza would be running around the ring trying to win on point's with little petty jab's.

I dunno what you've done to be so cocky about. You didn't even present an argument for Prince to get his teeth into, and you started the debate in the first place.

Reply #11 - January 13, 2011, 05:16 AM

Note: It might take me between a day to a whole week in replying to Prince Spinoza due to my busy lifestyle. Am self-employed and also have a social life...far far away from the internet  Even when i am on the net, alot of stuff i do on the net is worked related and i really don't need to waste 15/30 min's to reply to someone when i got more important stuff to do.

You're on your computer, at 5:15 AM, you can't have that BUSY a social life.  Wink

Reply #12 - January 13, 2011, 05:28 AM

We have found Dinosaur's  fossil's/skeleton's from million's of year's ago, why ain't we found the fossil's of an ape/human?

We have.

Here are just a fraction of them:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/specimen.html

Summary:

There are a number of clear trends (which were neither continuous nor uniform) from early australopithecines to recent humans: increasing brain size, increasing body size, increasing use of and sophistication in tools, decreasing tooth size, decreasing skeletal robustness. There are no clear dividing lines between some of the later gracile australopithecines and some of the early Homo, between erectus and archaic sapiens, or archaic sapiens and modern sapiens.

Despite this, there is little consensus on what our family tree is. Everyone accepts that the robust australopithecines (aethiopicus, robustus and boisei) are not ancestral to us, being a side branch that left no descendants. Whether H. habilis is descended from A. afarensis, africanus, both of them, or neither of them, is still a matter of debate. It is possible that none of the known australopithecines is our ancestor.

A number of new genera and species have been discovered within the last decade (Ar. ramidus, Au. amanensis, Au. bahrelghazali, Au. garhi, Orrorin, Kenyanthropus, Sahelanthropus) and no consensus has yet formed on how they are related to each other or to humans. It is generally accepted that Homo erectus is descended from Homo habilis (or, at least, some of the fossils often assigned to habilis), but the relationship between erectus, sapiens and the Neandertals is still unclear. Neandertal affinities can be detected in some specimens of both archaic and modern sapiens.

Reply #13 - January 13, 2011, 05:38 AM

Post some transitional fossils, Prince.

Reply #14 - January 13, 2011, 05:46 AM

Will that do ^
     Reply #15 - January 13, 2011, 05:49 AM

Just post a skeleton of a human, since the human itself is a transitional species.

Reply #16 - January 13, 2011, 05:51 AM

But...but... that's a distinct species!
     Reply #17 - January 13, 2011, 05:53 AM

I think he is expecting evolution in the pokemon sense.
     Reply #18 - January 13, 2011, 05:57 AM

BTW, here is the skull of a real life crocoduck, pelagornithid:

The unusually intact fossilized skull of a giant, bony-toothed seabird that lived up to 10 million years ago was found on Peru’s arid southern coast, researchers said Friday.

The museum said in a statement that the birds had wingspans of up to 20 feet (6 meters) and may have used the toothlike projections on their beaks to prey on slippery fish and squid. But studying members of the Pelagornithidae family has been difficult because their extremely thin bones — while helpful for keeping the avian giants aloft — tended not to survive as fossils.

With fossils discovered in North America, North Africa and even Antarctica, Kepska said, the birds were ubiquitous only a few million years before humans evolved and scientists puzzle over why they died out. Some believe they are related to gannets and pelicans, while other say they are related to ducks.

Reply #19 - January 13, 2011, 06:00 AM

I think he is expecting evolution in the pokemon sense.

Irrefutable evidence that evolution is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saNTBzpzL-E

Reply #20 - January 13, 2011, 06:03 AM

I don't think he understands what a scientific theory is.

Reply #21 - January 13, 2011, 06:08 AM

Uh oh, he used the Piltdown Man hoax, a favourite of the more naive creationists.

Reply #22 - January 13, 2011, 06:13 AM

Reply #23 - January 13, 2011, 06:17 AM

this is pretty damn petty, both of you should put more effort into your responses if you're going to debate something like this.

though i find evolution to just be a big red herring thrown by the religious in order to move the topic from god to science. i usually counter this by agreeing that evolution is bullshit and then asking them how this helps them prove god exists.
     Reply #24 - January 13, 2011, 06:19 AM

Yeah Prince, you should have this one wrapped up by now.

Reply #25 - January 13, 2011, 06:33 AM

Ad-hominems against Darwin now.

Darwin could have been the biggest racist in the world. Ever. It doesn't have any bearing on whether evolution is true or not.

Reply #26 - January 13, 2011, 06:39 AM

All freesoul is doing is posting up stuff from random websites, he can't even think up his own arguments. And now he's talking about Darwin's personal life & claiming he's a racist, to distract from the main point of whether or not evolution is true. Darwin wasn't a racist, but even if he were the worst person on earth, that won't have any effect on whether evolution is factual or not. Stop with your appeal to emotion fallacy.

Btw the following:

Evolutionists claim that all the living things we see today emerged spontaneously by one species turning into another. If this claim were true, the Earth would be full of intermediate form fossils linking different living species to one another. However, no intermediate form fossil has to date been encountered.

Was copied straight word to word from this page from Harun Yahya:
    http://www.fossil-museum.com/videos.php

And its lying, right from the first sentence where it says:

Evolutionists claim that all the living things we see today emerged spontaneously by one species turning into another.

That's an utter lie. Evolutionists' don't say anything like that. I'll correct it:

Evolutionists claim that all the living things we see today emerged spontaneously gradually, over millions of yers by one species turning evolving through means of genetic changes, and natural selection of beneficial changes, into another.

FreeSoul, want to debate with me as well? If so, create a thread. I'd love to.
     Reply #27 - January 13, 2011, 06:39 AM

I am actually really pissed off that you're misrepresenting Darwin as a racist, Freesoul007. Shame on you.

Darwin was a member of slavery abolitionist organisations and he wrote frequently about the injustices of slavery. Darwin also defended the intelligence of Africans and other non whites, in a world and time when few men had the balls to. He was a great man, years ahead of his time, and was a tortured soul because his ideas were so out of his time and so heavily criticised from all angles.

Really, read the Voyage of the Beagle, and then tell me that man was racist.

Reply #28 - January 13, 2011, 07:12 AM

It's interesting that evolution is often attacked for bringing change through "coincidence". I suppose coincidence incorrectly is seen as against god's will, as if coincidence is beyond god's ability to manifest.

However, more to the point, as prince's algorithm shows, there is a perfectly computable system to evolution, not blind luck.

Reply #29 - January 13, 2011, 09:40 AM

Furthermore people don't like to think that 'coincidence' or 'randomness' is in any way involved in their creation, they like to feel they are specially created. Otherwise they feel like a little boy or girl being told that his parents don't love him. Crybabies  Roll Eyes. Yes, we are the product of good luck. Be happy about it rather than whining.
  • 12 3 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »