Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Are Christians the new persecuted?

(Read 3627 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Are Christians the new persecuted?
     OP - December 10, 2010, 03:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyu1ViDYipM

I can't watch it myself because for some odd reason Channel4 blocks it for people in the UK.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
  • Re: Are Christians the new persecuted?
     Reply #1 - December 10, 2010, 03:52 PM

There was a human rights activist on that programme and he was Christian as well. He said that Christians are not persecuted and they feel that they do because they can't have their way any more. I think he meant having more control over people's view on Christianity and such. The video you sent just sums up the human rights activist's statement. The guy in the video link you just sent got fired because he wouldn't provide therapy to same sex couples and thinks that's persecution since he's not allowed to practice what the Bible tells him. I was mildly angry at the start of the video because he says he can't say: "Jesus Christ, OUR Lord and Savior" in public because that might offend people.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #2 - December 10, 2010, 04:04 PM

I would be offended if he said "OUR Lord and Saviour", but only if he said it to me. However, I don't feel that I have the right to be not offended, so I'd just accept that I was offended.  People should be allowed to say anything as long as they are not inciting people to hatred or to commit crimes.  If he wants to be reasonable he could just say "MY Lord and Saviour".

The man and the woman who had shit put through their letter-box.  Kids can be shit heads. They choose to abuse you for whatever they think will upset you the most.  Homosexuality, christianity, big ears, or even accusing you of being a child molester.  This was the victimisation of two people, to extrapolate this nationwide and say it was persecution of christians is nonsense.  The bible apparently says that christians will receive a reward if they are persecuted for their beliefs, no wonder they like to believe they are being persecuted.

The guy who believes he is being persecuted for not being permitted to discriminate against a group of people needs a reality check.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #3 - December 10, 2010, 04:15 PM

Here in the us Christians say they ate being persecuted because they can't pray in school, can't post the ten commandments in courtrooms.  It is a joke to those who are truly being persecuted for their who they are.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #4 - December 10, 2010, 04:15 PM

The illusion of persecution is a great way to unite like-minded people.  While there are many who genuinely feel persecuted, either via paranoia or selective circumstance, I'm sure there are also those who highlight and rant about the persecution of his/her tribe in order to fuel the said tribe's collective moral indignation and corresponding political voice.  Islamists have been playing the persecution card like crazy over the years (i.e.  "our brothers in our home lands are being murdered by the evil crusading armies").

Reply #5 - December 10, 2010, 04:16 PM

I would be offended if he said "OUR Lord and Saviour", but only if he said it to me. However, I don't feel that I have the right to be not offended, so I'd just accept that I was offended.  People should be allowed to say anything as long as they are not inciting people to hatred or to commit crimes.  If he wants to be reasonable he could just say "MY Lord and Saviour".

Do you get offended if I said "our Sun that provides us warmth and gravity" over "my Sun"?

No.

Christians believe Jesus to be the Light of the World and the Saviour of all Mankind.'
     Reply #6 - December 10, 2010, 04:18 PM

To call Christians in the west "persecuted" is overstating things a tad. In the Muslim-dominated parts of the world they are of course routinely getting the shit kicked out of them.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #7 - December 10, 2010, 04:22 PM

As are the zorastrians etc, all minority groups are. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
     Reply #8 - December 10, 2010, 04:22 PM

Check out what those poor persecuted American Christians are dealing with now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGcrW993xck
     Reply #9 - December 10, 2010, 04:24 PM

As are the zorastrians etc, all minority groups are. 

True.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #10 - December 10, 2010, 04:25 PM

Many Americans forget that "one nation under God" was only introduced in 1954 as a political response to the growing influence of Communism.
     Reply #11 - December 10, 2010, 04:29 PM

Christians in the west are of course absolutely correct in identifying double standards in the gloves-off manner in which  the west's most longstanding mideast derived religion is often treated and discussed and the kids glove handling of Islam. This is probably because taking the piss out of Christianity is considerably less likely to get you a visit from a knife-weilding fanatic than not treating Islam and its prophet with the due deference Muslims believe they deserve.

Reply #12 - December 10, 2010, 04:30 PM

Christians exaggerate alot.  Christians and Muslims are very much alike in their mentality and behaviour. They don't mind slapping anyone who isn't like them, but should a slight scratch fall upon them instead. The world becomes turned up-side-down.

The worst part of it all, is that even this scratch is not, that they get beaten by others, rather others not wanting to put up with their incessant "hallelujahs". Christian idea of "persecution", like what that dumb, lying, load of baloney of a woman said in that vid ^ is actually not having what they preach accepted readily and Christianity becoming insignificant amidst the increased presence of heathens.
     Reply #13 - December 10, 2010, 04:32 PM

To call Christians in the west "persecuted" is overstating things a tad. In the Muslim-dominated parts of the world they are of course routinely getting the shit kicked out of them.

Suprising, didn't expect that from you lol. Atleast you can be a little honest.
     Reply #14 - December 10, 2010, 04:35 PM

Somewhere in among their ranting and persecution complex is a valid point buried under piles of horseshit.    Look at the fuss about the South Park episode, how many times has the same cartoon lampooned Christianity, atheism, Jews, psychics, faith healers, even Satanists.   The only other religion which reacted badly to their South Park treatment was Scientology.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #15 - December 10, 2010, 04:43 PM

I wouldn't be offended if he said "Jesus Christ, OUR Lord and Savior". I'd just laugh at him and take the piss.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #16 - December 10, 2010, 04:43 PM

Quote from: Logical_Mind44
    Christians and Muslims are very much alike in their mentality and behaviour. They don't mind slapping anyone who isn't like them,

Are you using "slapping" metaphorically or literally here?

The worst part of it all, is that even this scratch is not, that they get beaten by others, rather others not wanting to put up with their incessant "hallelujahs". Christian idea of "persecution", like what that dumb, lying, load of baloney of a woman said in that vid ^ is actually not having what they preach accepted readily

Christians can of course be annoying sanctimonious whingeing judgemental dweebs.

Reply #17 - December 10, 2010, 04:55 PM

One thing that bugs me about the persecution complex is that media figures repeatedly mischaracterize the position of others.  For example, FOX News incessantly goes on about how atheists are at war with Christmas and American culture, seeking to hurt the feelings of and outlaw the use of beloved Christian holidays, symbols, terminology, values etc..  While there will always be radicals in any group, the vast majority of non-believers are fine with the innocuous Christian faith, speech and practices.  The atheist campaigns of late are aimed at bringing closet atheists out of the pews while the right-wing Christian media responds by dumping the persecution-card on gullible and emotive masses who are unlikely to digest anything beyond the sound-bytes they've been spoon fed.
     Reply #18 - December 10, 2010, 06:05 PM

This is the endgame of religious identity politics! Each religious identity-politics advocate must claim the most coveted status of persecution, and must be the most persecuted, and the biggest victims.

No doubt there is persecution of Christians around the world, but this is something else altogether. This is competitive religious identity-politics victimhood.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #19 - December 10, 2010, 06:42 PM

Yep.

Reply #20 - December 10, 2010, 08:09 PM

While we perhaps have some of the heaviest persecution grievances of all, it's much harder for non-believers to play the persecution card.  Our numbers aren't concentrated, we don't run the mainstream media and we tend to be divided among different lines (gender, left-right political leanings, special-interest activism, race, language, culture, etc.).
     Reply #21 - December 10, 2010, 09:57 PM

Here in the us Christians say they ate being persecuted because they can't pray in school, can't post the ten commandments in courtrooms.  It is a joke to those who are truly being persecuted for their who they are.

Agree
     Reply #22 - December 10, 2010, 10:33 PM

Hence why I am settled with agnosticism. Baptised Catholic, ex Catholic and ex-Muslim... I want no parts in any of them anymore.

Is your grammar defective? Just askin'.

"The wound is the place where the Light enters you." - Rumi

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »