Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Muslims Killed Dracula

(Read 6890 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Muslims Killed Dracula
     Reply #30 - August 31, 2015, 08:31 AM

Dear Cornflower, Vlad the Impaler is seen as a hero in Romania. His brother Radu cel Frumos which this dude paints as a hero of Islam, is considered a traitor. And yes the way this guy presents the Ottoman presence in South and South-East Europe is hilarious.

Anyways thank you Quod for this, I had such a good laugh at what this dude wrote.
     Reply #31 - August 31, 2015, 08:49 AM

Just because someone claims him to be a hero, does not make him one objectively considered.

What I'm criticizing is the sheer inability to intelligently analyze and present historical events in an as much as possible (and I'm well aware that this s not easy, and that we can go on discussing how this is even possible etc etc etc) objective manner. Such obvious propaganda is just plain embarrassing.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #32 - August 31, 2015, 09:32 AM

Just because someone claims him to be a hero, does not make him one objectively considered.

.......... Such obvious propaganda is just plain embarrassing............

Not sure why I am writing this on that Cornflower's post..But She is right.. and let me repeat her words

Yap..,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  

This allahgod/gods/whatever  talking to some guys some 1000 years ago and stupid people in 21st century making them prophets/messengers is plain nonsense. And and these stories of these prophets including Muhammad is obvious propaganda and is just plain embarrassing to people that use commonsense in  21st century ..

Just because   some fools claim them to be a hero/prophet/messenger/gods  does not make them one objectively considered.

Hmm that sounds gooooooood   Cheesy    and they are not my words they are from Cornflower.. If any one have problems with those words .. Talk to her and blame her..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #33 - August 31, 2015, 10:23 AM

I just told you how is held by his fellow Romanians and the Romanian historians(which are often subjective and unreliable) in general. Now if you think that it isn't objective, that's okay, although I partially disagree.
     Reply #34 - August 31, 2015, 11:08 AM

I was just told you how is held by his fellow Romanians and the Romanian historians(which are often subjective and unreliable) in general. Now if you think that it isn't objective, that's okay, although I partially disagree.

huh! what?? ... I was just told you how is held.... what is that thing nbhb??

that sounds like yeezevee sleep typing..............

Reply #35 - August 31, 2015, 11:45 AM

I just told you how is held by his fellow Romanians and the Romanian historians(which are often subjective and unreliable) in general. Now if you think that it isn't objective, that's okay, although I partially disagree.

Okay yeeze, I made the correction...
     Reply #36 - August 31, 2015, 11:47 AM

Okay yeeze, I made the correction...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy    No..No REDO THAT AGAIN

Reply #37 - August 31, 2015, 12:53 PM

Well Yeeze, it makes sense in my language as how "is perceived".  It's your fault if you don't understand this type of English  grin12
     Reply #38 - August 31, 2015, 03:05 PM

Well Yeeze, it makes sense in my language as how "is perceived".  It's your fault if you don't understand this type of English  grin12

well you are weird guy with weird  English language nbhb..  I was born in England educated in Oxford ANGLIS .. So you have no chance to win over me on that ..

But what is this all about? for some reason corn flower shooting her guns at someone...

.......... Such obvious propaganda is just plain embarrassing..........

So I just picked her above words and wrote a silly post  nbhb

Reply #39 - August 31, 2015, 06:29 PM

Cornflower is right as usual Yeeze.
     Reply #40 - August 31, 2015, 10:41 PM

Whether you consider Tepes a hero or not, no one can deny he was a fascinating character. Even today, studying his life and history is captivating. It's like something out of Game of Thrones.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #41 - August 31, 2015, 11:08 PM

His story is fascinating, but he really was grotesque.  Impaling men, women and children by the thousands isn't really on is it?  His brother sounds nicer.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #42 - September 01, 2015, 12:23 AM

I'd be nervous if he came round for tea. Grin

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #43 - September 01, 2015, 02:06 AM

nbhb, have you ever seen this?

Dark Prince: The True Story Of Dracula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwUiGdKTYs

Reply #44 - September 01, 2015, 07:01 AM

Whether you consider Tepes a hero or not, no one can deny he was a fascinating character. Even today, studying his life and history is captivating. It's like something out of Game of Thrones.

Yes, he will be like a combination of Boltons and Starks, with Boltons cruel evilness and Starks sense of justice.
     Reply #45 - September 01, 2015, 10:44 AM

nbhb, have you ever seen this?

Dark Prince: The True Story Of Dracula

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUwUiGdKTYs

I have, now  Smiley.

They've made the story like Vlad the Impaler was fighting for Romania which was no the case, Romania didn't exist at that time. Then the map is historically inaccurate.

A lot of made up stories, it's a movie after all...
     Reply #46 - September 01, 2015, 05:51 PM

Apart from the obvious creative licence taken, do you think it's overall a fair portrayal?

Reply #47 - September 01, 2015, 06:05 PM

On the subject of Dracula movies, Bram Stoker's Dracula, (the one with Gary Oldman), is on Film4 at 9pm tonight. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #48 - September 01, 2015, 06:20 PM

Afro
     Reply #49 - September 01, 2015, 06:43 PM

Apart from the obvious creative licence taken, do you think it's overall a fair portrayal?

I will recommend  this documentary for a most accurate picture of him. Basically a very cruel, sadistic man, but also just, brave and intelligent. Some of his evilness acts are probably made up by his enemies, but in the same time some historians are trying to hard to justify many of his barbaric actions as made for justice. No sens of fairness will justify his sadistic way to kill people. Yet, his cruelty helped him a lot to be very effective against the Turks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66YEkEe0MY4
     Reply #50 - September 01, 2015, 06:57 PM

Bram Stoker's Dracula, (the one with Gary Oldman)

I watched that movie the first time when I was like 9 years old. I had a major crush on Gary Oldman's Dracula.

Cornflower is right as usual Yeeze.

Nor sure how to react. Should I be humble? Proud? Should I take it as a joke, or pretend like I never read it? So many questions, not many answers.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #51 - September 01, 2015, 07:33 PM

What I'm criticizing is the sheer inability to intelligently analyze and present historical events in an as much as possible (and I'm well aware that this s not easy, and that we can go on discussing how this is even possible etc etc etc) objective manner.

I find myself agreeing with you most of the time. Which means you are usually right.  :-D

You are also perfectly right with the quoted text.

I hope this answer your questions.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »