Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tony Blair's sister-in-law converts to Islam

(Read 29004 times)
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Tony Blair's sister-in-law converts to Islam
     OP - October 24, 2010, 11:39 AM

Tony Blair’s sister-in-law has converted to Islam after having a ‘holy experience’ in Iran.

Broadcaster and journalist Lauren Booth, 43 – Cherie Blair’s half-sister – said she now wears a hijab head covering whenever she leaves her home, prays five times a day and visits her local mosque ‘when I can’.

She decided to become a Muslim six weeks ago after visiting the shrine of Fatima al-Masumeh in the city of Qom.

‘It was a Tuesday evening and I sat down and felt this shot of spiritual morphine, just absolute bliss and joy,’ she told The Mail on Sunday.

When she returned to Britain, she decided to convert immediately.

‘Now I don’t eat pork and I read the Koran every day. I’m on page 60.

‘I also haven’t had a drink in 45 days, the longest period in 25 years. The strange thing is that since I decided to convert I haven’t wanted to touch alcohol, and I was someone who craved a glass of wine or two at the end of a day.’

Refusing to discount the possibility that she might wear a burka, she said: ‘Who knows where my spiritual journey will take me?’

Before her awakening in Iran, she had been ‘sympathetic’ to Islam and has spent considerable time working in Palestine. ‘I was always impressed with the strength and comfort it gave,’ she said of the religion.

Miss Booth, who works for Press TV, the English-language Iranian news channel, has been a vocal opponent of the war in Iraq.

In August 2008 she travelled to Gaza by ship from Cyprus, along with 46 other activists, to highlight Israel’s blockade of the territory. She was subsequently refused entry into both Israel and Egypt.

In 2006 she was a contestant on the ITV reality show I’m A Celebrity .  .  . Get Me Out Of Here!, donating her fee to the Palestinian relief charity Interpal.

She said she hoped her conversion would help Mr Blair change his presumptions about Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1323278/Tony-Blairs-sister-law-Lauren-Booth-converts-Islam-holy-experience-Iran.html

I give her a year until she de-converts.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Re: Tony Blair's sister-in-law converts to Islam
     Reply #1 - October 24, 2010, 11:43 AM

Yeah, I give her six more weeks.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #2 - October 24, 2010, 11:44 AM

Because she doesn't sound like a very bright woman, or she would have snapped out of it sooner.

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #3 - October 24, 2010, 11:48 AM

‘Now I don’t eat pork and I read the Koran every day. I’m on page 60.

Do you think she's come across 4:34 yet?

Reply #4 - October 24, 2010, 11:57 AM

Oh pants I can hear Muslims all cry out loud now, "See even Blair's sister-in-law converted!!". See Islam is soooo trueeeee!!!

I bet Blair must be furious that she works for an Iranian owed TV channel!!
     Reply #5 - October 24, 2010, 12:04 PM

Huh? Ridiculous!!! I think she has been infected by the 'Yvonne Ridley' virus!                                  Pssssst! Is it true about blondes................

@ HO mashallah! Look how graceful she looks after the reversion conversion[correct english]!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #6 - October 24, 2010, 12:06 PM

She's only on page 60 and she's already converted?  Hahahahaha.   I'll remember that next time we're told that apostates were never real muslims to begin with because they didn't know enough about Islam.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - October 24, 2010, 12:07 PM

Honestly, the only logical conclusion I can think of is both women are seeking attention. They both work in journalism ...  whistling2
     Reply #8 - October 24, 2010, 12:13 PM

Honestly, the only logical conclusion I can think of is both women are seeking attention. They both work in journalism ...  whistling2

They could have done the interview naked! Surefire attention grabber,halal flesh and all, so! riveting! mashallah!

She's only on page 60 and she's already converted?  Hahahahaha.   I'll remember that next time we're told that apostates were never real muslims to begin with because they didn't know enough about Islam.

So thoughtful of her to create that escape hatch,they might spare her life when they realize the honour was not dented by her flirtations with Islam! poor thing ! Must be reading those peaceful verses right now!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #9 - October 24, 2010, 12:16 PM

No I believe she really felt that rush, she has probably been religious before, believes in God.

She mistook the energy of that place to be real. I'm sure there is an electric rush when you attend Hajj, but that doesn't make it real or true.

I'm sure its the same with people going to holy shrines in India and coming back "changed". Pretty fucking impulsive. I wonder, while she was in Iran did she see the beggars around the holy shrines? Amputees?

Did she see homosexuals getting hanged by their necks? Or women stoned to a ravaged, bloody mess?
     Reply #10 - October 24, 2010, 12:17 PM

she said: ‘Who knows where my spiritual journey will take me?’

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #11 - October 24, 2010, 12:18 PM

ROFL
     Reply #12 - October 24, 2010, 12:19 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #13 - October 24, 2010, 12:21 PM

She is shia then I assume?  evil Muthaaaaaaaa. evil In a mosque. evil
     Reply #14 - October 24, 2010, 12:32 PM

Because she doesn't sound like a very bright woman, or she would have snapped out of it sooner.

Look at Yvonne Ridley.

The attention she will be showered with by Muslims will make her feel like she is a princess - white woman, brother-in-law of Blair, convert, for all the dawahganda properties, she is just up their street. Its not really like a normal convert, she'll make a career out of it, and her income and standing will depend on it.

Expect to see her in the next round of 'Islam is modern and Mohammad did everything first' set of posters.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #15 - October 24, 2010, 12:39 PM

She is shia then I assume?  evil Muthaaaaaaaa. evil In a mosque. evil

Where is Burkha???  No I think she is closet Male.....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #16 - October 24, 2010, 12:40 PM

I'm sure its the same with people going to holy shrines in India and coming back "changed". Pretty fucking impulsive.

Thats true.  But she's been shilling for the Iranian government for a long time. I remember listening to her on the radio years ago when she was a kind of late night talk show minor celebrity because she's the half-sister of Tony Blair's wife. She somehow managed to get a 'journalistic' career out of it, and has been working for Press TV, which is Tehran's propaganda news channel. They'v obviously spared no expense on getting her onside.

It'll be interesting to see if she becomes as morally depraved as that other silly bint, Yvonne Ridley.

Now, if ex Muslims were not so marginalised by the media, and intimidated into silence, the upcoming dawahganda mission using Lauren Booth's name would be the perfect opportunity to highlight the truth about Islam, especially in regards to those who leave the religion, both in terms of the texts, and as a social reality.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #17 - October 24, 2010, 01:01 PM

Look at Yvonne Ridley.

The attention she will be showered with by Muslims will make her feel like she is a princess - white woman, brother-in-law of Blair, convert, for all the dawahganda properties, she is just up their street. Its not really like a normal convert, she'll make a career out of it, and her income and standing will depend on it.

Exactly.
     Reply #18 - October 24, 2010, 01:03 PM

I just read this nauseating piece from her.

http://yvonneridley.org/yvonne-ridley/articles/how-i-came-to-love-the-veil-4.html

Reply #19 - October 24, 2010, 01:04 PM

Thats true.  But she's been shilling for the Iranian government for a long time. I remember listening to her on the radio years ago when she was a kind of late night talk show minor celebrity because she's the half-sister of Tony Blair's wife. She somehow managed to get a 'journalistic' career out of it, and has been working for Press TV, which is Tehran's propaganda news channel. They'v obviously spared no expense on getting her onside.

billy always with the insights!  worship hahahaaaaa
  • Another one bites the dust
     Reply #20 - October 24, 2010, 01:04 PM

Hi People

Tony Blair's sister in law converts to Islam! Hope you guys have noticed.

I suppose Anjem Choudhary will be going into convulsions. She converted to the Shia variety of Islam. Lovable Anjem is the Wahhabi type. Would love to get his reaction to this earth shattering event that will make cold fusion sound like dog-bites-man!
     Reply #21 - October 24, 2010, 01:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JR6mCPQTsE

There you go.. Juice..juice..juice..and juice... I need some Jucie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT9KzjOLwvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTriVotJSm8

I wan some Juice...

Reply #22 - October 24, 2010, 01:49 PM

How can any oone deal with this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFXPEBIKw70

If you are a human being, it is impossible...

Reply #23 - October 24, 2010, 02:10 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JR6mCPQTsE

Man, my mum and sister are at this event. She's actually a nobody. Look at the clever dawahganda man, Muhammad Ali (CEO of Islam Channel) slowly building up to saying "oh, yeah... and she's Tony Blair's sister in-law". It's almost like, who the fuck cares? I mean seriously, Muslims have such a inferiority complex they need to parade this nobody on the stage to make themselves feel better?

She's only on page 60 of the Qur'an? She must be almost at Surah an-Nisa, that's when it gets to the juicy part.  signmuahaha

Reply #24 - October 24, 2010, 02:29 PM

There are some problems here, why are most of the users insulting her for converting to Islam? And why all the assumptions? The fact of the matter is, we need to face the fact that not all humans are motivated by the same things we are, and we need to remember apocryphal views will always exist. I don't think it does us justice to attack someone for having spurious beliefs, it only gives them a false sense of veracity when we do, we should not be lending credence to them inadvertently.
     Reply #25 - October 24, 2010, 02:55 PM

I'll give her another 60 pages Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #26 - October 24, 2010, 03:30 PM

Re: the rush. I've felt it. I walked into the Notre Dame de Paris cathedral, full of tourists and all, and was immediately overwhelmed and moved to tears. It really is a powerful thing, the atmosphere of a place like that. As I walked out, my view on catholicism hadn't changed at all.

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #27 - October 24, 2010, 05:39 PM

Reading this gave me an involuntary hard laugh I had trouble breathing ...  you really are a comical genius sometimes! Cheesy   

I thought it was ironic how in the SECOND video she’s talking false grievance all over … something which Blair coined as a term.
     Reply #28 - October 24, 2010, 07:20 PM

There are some problems here, why are most of the users insulting her for converting to Islam? And why all the assumptions? The fact of the matter is,

King Tut.. I don't Insult people for converting in to Islam.. many people I know and I related to converted to Islam and living as Muslims., I don't care what people convert in to what  & why.,

My problems comes when they use these conversions into   a political propaganda,   start making noises about the political problems across the world using Muslims/Islam as their game plan and start shouting allah hooo akbaaar.. juice..juice.... Palestinian...Palestine..  Chechnya..Chechnya.. .. Kashmir.. Kashmir... dear Tutlard

Reply #29 - October 24, 2010, 07:29 PM

I see your point, although humans do that anyway.
  • 12 3 ... 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »