Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMB Greatest Hits - posts you may have missed

(Read 155978 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 1314 15 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • CEMB Greatest Hits - posts you may have missed
     Reply #360 - September 10, 2015, 05:46 PM

Grin Thank you
     Reply #361 - September 28, 2015, 12:17 PM

HM I shared your awesome post above (a few posts) on my Agnostic Muslims Facebook group.

You hit the nail on the head:

So, the thing that you are asking them to do by admitting that the Qur’an is not divine is essentially to lose faith in the one thing that makes the house of cards stand on its own. It’s essentially kufr from everyone’s perspective, the one thing that cannot be forgiven. And people are scared shitless to approach it because they know very well what it actually means.

Though, I think if people did go there with you, they would find that Islam does not simply melt away once you admit you don’t actually believe that it is entirely and divinely true. They’d find the freedom to admire the beauty, comfort, and guidance that centuries of Islamic thought can give them without having to force themselves into ignorant or dishonest positions.

They’d find that even Muhammad himself becomes a much more impressive character, a much more understandable character, a much more complex character, when you admit that he was nothing more than a remarkable, and remarkably flawed human being. Because what the unlettered prophet was able to give to the Arabs, and even to all of us here still talking about him, was nothing short of amazing.

They’d find that Islam could take its place amongst all great religious traditions that humanity has developed,  not as God’s way of reaching down to us, but instead as our way of coming together and reaching up to God – whatever God may or may not be.

Reply #362 - September 28, 2015, 12:21 PM

HM I shared your awesome post above (a few posts) on my Agnostic Muslims Facebook group.

Hassan ..Hassan Radwan... people can see "how cunning you are" ..

people know you are NOT Radwan.. you are a Radon.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #363 - September 28, 2015, 01:11 PM

I like this awesome thread,

There is a huge difference between not believing and deny.

"I do not believe in god "
    I do not see myself in him, but he exists, I doubt of his perfection, but he is present, he disappoints me, etc....

"I deny the existence of god "
    this character does not exist for me.

I find rather the agnosticism, as a rather wise philosophy, even if sometimes we can blame them for a lack of conviction, it is as well a humble way of saying "I do not know" or "we are not capable of saying"
     Reply #364 - October 01, 2015, 01:49 PM

Thank you, Shaikh.

I was actually thinking about this post earlier this morning in the shower. Grin

I was contemplating the primacy that Islam, and particularly the rhetoric of the Qur’an, places upon certainty and the curtailment of any doubt.

“This is the book in which there is no doubt.”

“Their messengers said, “Can there be doubt about Allah, the originator of the heavens and the Earth?”

“The hypocrites will call to the believers, "Were we not with you?" They will say, "Yes, but you afflicted yourselves and awaited and doubted, and wishful thinking deluded you until there came the command of Allah . And the Deceiver deceived you concerning Allah.”

“No! If you only knew with knowledge of certainty; you will surely see the Hellfire.”

Etc.

Why so much emphasis upon certainty, especially when the matter, even to the audience, seemed to be up for at least some element of debate? Why was certainty so key to it all?

My mind immediately went to the place of manipulation. It’s the obvious answer, in my opinion.

The authors of the Qur’an clearly realized the power of ideas to unify people and get them to do what you want them to do. And God, as a concept, is the superlative of all ideas.

And this is why I say that the thing you are promoting is the thing that many are most scared of. It demolishes their conviction, which is central to making whole shebang work as it does. If you take away the idea that the Qur’an is divinely uttered speech, then what you are left with is the one of the most brazen (and successful) examples of manipulation history has ever seen. And who should actually be proud of that?

But then my mind wandered to an interview I had seen on television a few nights ago with a sleight of hand magician. He was talking about how his father had introduced him to magic as a child and how excited he was to learn how it was done. Once he realized that there was no hocus pocus to it, but rather a great deal of skill, he did not become disillusioned. Instead, he became even more fascinated with how it was all done. I find myself feeling that way about religions in general these days. The fact that we can be comfortable saying they are the product of human doing makes them all the more fascinating in their power to remain relevant.

This is where I think people like you come into extreme relevance. People who identify as Muslim but don’t claim to believe in the religion’s divine origin are much like the magicians who practice magic while openly admitting that no supernatural elements are involved. There are so many lessons to be learned from the rise of Islam, things to do and things not to do, when trying to foster a sense of self among a people and unify them towards something better. (The fact that Muhammad and the Qur’an are not perfect give us even more familiar examples of things not to do.) Extracting those lessons and presenting them to people familiar with the general narrative is, in my opinion, a good thing.  

Keep up your good work, Shaikh.
     Reply #365 - October 01, 2015, 04:22 PM

well let me take few  nuggets from happymurtad .....

Thank you, Shaikh.

............. "If you take away the idea that the Qur’an is divinely uttered speech, then what you are left with is the one of the most brazen (and successful) examples of manipulation history has ever seen." ........

" ....... People who identify as Muslim but don’t claim to believe in the religion’s divine origin are much like the magicians who practice magic while openly admitting that no supernatural elements are involved. ............."

well they are indeed nuggets., lt me take them and let me watch this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDaRfdwTFVc

yes..Shaikh.. keep up the good work.,   Sheikh  Shake away.... Dance.. Dance around the belief... Dance...

Hmm which one, which dance  should I watch??

This one??

or..or ..

This one?..

Let me first  drink a beer before I watch them.   well freedom ..freedom to put on or take away  and freedom to dance.   It is just a piece of cloth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sqFzQKlKKo

yap... Islam is not just praying yourself to something you don't know... it is about courts.. it is eating.. it is about sleeping.. AND IT IS ABOUT CONTROL..  sorry to say It is going to loose controls..

Reply #366 - October 10, 2015, 08:56 AM

Tell your women that Islam is not sexist. Make sure that you tell them two at a time, in case one forgets.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #367 - October 10, 2015, 11:54 AM

Thank you, Shaikh.

I was actually thinking about this post earlier this morning in the shower. Grin

I was contemplating the primacy that Islam, and particularly the rhetoric of the Qur’an, places upon certainty and the curtailment of any doubt.

“This is the book in which there is no doubt.”

“Their messengers said, “Can there be doubt about Allah, the originator of the heavens and the Earth?”

“The hypocrites will call to the believers, "Were we not with you?" They will say, "Yes, but you afflicted yourselves and awaited and doubted, and wishful thinking deluded you until there came the command of Allah . And the Deceiver deceived you concerning Allah.”

“No! If you only knew with knowledge of certainty; you will surely see the Hellfire.”

Etc.

Why so much emphasis upon certainty, especially when the matter, even to the audience, seemed to be up for at least some element of debate? Why was certainty so key to it all?

My mind immediately went to the place of manipulation. It’s the obvious answer, in my opinion.

The authors of the Qur’an clearly realized the power of ideas to unify people and get them to do what you want them to do. And God, as a concept, is the superlative of all ideas.

And this is why I say that the thing you are promoting is the thing that many are most scared of. It demolishes their conviction, which is central to making whole shebang work as it does. If you take away the idea that the Qur’an is divinely uttered speech, then what you are left with is the one of the most brazen (and successful) examples of manipulation history has ever seen. And who should actually be proud of that?

But then my mind wandered to an interview I had seen on television a few nights ago with a sleight of hand magician. He was talking about how his father had introduced him to magic as a child and how excited he was to learn how it was done. Once he realized that there was no hocus pocus to it, but rather a great deal of skill, he did not become disillusioned. Instead, he became even more fascinated with how it was all done. I find myself feeling that way about religions in general these days. The fact that we can be comfortable saying they are the product of human doing makes them all the more fascinating in their power to remain relevant.

This is where I think people like you come into extreme relevance. People who identify as Muslim but don’t claim to believe in the religion’s divine origin are much like the magicians who practice magic while openly admitting that no supernatural elements are involved. There are so many lessons to be learned from the rise of Islam, things to do and things not to do, when trying to foster a sense of self among a people and unify them towards something better. (The fact that Muhammad and the Qur’an are not perfect give us even more familiar examples of things not to do.) Extracting those lessons and presenting them to people familiar with the general narrative is, in my opinion, a good thing.  

Thank you HM Smiley

Also I'm not doing this to save Islam nor preserve it. But merely open up a space for those who wish to continue to identify as Muslim (for whatever reason emotional comfort family support community etc...) while at the same time feel free to follow and trust reason and their humanity.

Things will follow natural courses. One cannot either destroy nor preserve something like Islam.  It will last as long as it lasts a day die out when it dies out.

I would only like to make space for reason and humanity over revelation.
     Reply #368 - October 13, 2015, 03:43 PM

Thank you HM Smiley

Also I'm not doing this to save Islam nor preserve it. But merely open up a space for those who wish to continue to identify as Muslim (for whatever reason emotional comfort family support community etc...) while at the same time feel free to follow and trust reason and their humanity.

Things will follow natural courses. One cannot either destroy nor preserve something like Islam.  It will last as long as it lasts a day die out when it dies out.

I would only like to make space for reason and humanity over revelation.

I know. And you're sincere. Which is why I'm convinced of the effect you'll have.

It also shows us our actions may seem small and hopeless but they can have an enormous impact later on - perhaps when we are no longer around to see the fruits of what we have done. How many great figures throughout history died unrecognised or as paupers yet their deeds eventually had a huge impact on later generations and helped change the course of history.

We should't expect instant results but do good actions for the sake of them being good and right. That others may or may not benefit is not in our hands.

Reply #369 - October 26, 2015, 12:38 AM

Do you want to explain why, or is this another example of your handwaving substitution of vagueness for argument?

Never mind, it seems like you won't be giving any of us any surprises. Go ahead, accuse me of trolling or basic incomprehension of very simple sentences. That's all you're good for. That, and never admitting that you are capable of errors of fact, despite your definition of whatever facts are pertinent changing to suit whatever you find most convenient to believe at a given moment.

Your shtick is to be as persistently tedious as you possibly can, because that's how you think arguments are won. If that's genuinely your principal criterion for establishing matters of fact, then good luck to you.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #370 - November 28, 2015, 02:55 AM

Well, initially the plan was to have the Sharif of Makkah take control of the holy sites after the war. The Wahhabi chieftain ibn Saud was a staunch enemy of the Hashemite Sharif and considered him to be a kafir.

The British agent Abdullah Philby, who allegedly converted to wahhabism, was key in directing ibn Saud not to attack the Hashemites right away, but instead to focus his attention on the Shammari Emir of Hael of the Al Rashid clan, who was allied with the Ottomans, who were in turn of course allied with Germany.

After ibn Saud defeated the Al Rashid and killed their Emir, (and had a son, who would be the late King Abdullah, with the Emir's widow), he turned his attention on the Hejaz.

His advisor, Philby, was instrumental in convincing the British to break with policy regarding the Hashemites and instead to throw their support behind ibn Saud, arguing that he had real control of the hinterlands anyhow, and that a unified Arabia from coast to coast would be in everyone's best interest.

Ibn Saud was given instruction on how far he could go without incurring the wrath of the British. Aden was off limits due to the strategic ports, as were the Trucial Emirates that have since become the UAE, and Iraq and Syria to the north as those were being carved up among the victors of the war. The rest of the desert was fair game and he and his gang of Ikhwan zealots went about  marauding and conquering their way through the tribes.

It was said that ibn Saud had two swords, one he fought with and the other he reconciled with. The latter, of course, was a euphemism for his habit of impregnating the daughters of conquered tribes with his future heirs, earning their support.

Once he had no more need for the ikhwan fanatics, he turned on them with modern weapons and destroyed them, claiming the entire kingdom for himself.

When I lived in the UAE, I had conversations with people whose parents and grandparents lived through the Wahhabi invasions of the desert. Apparently people lived in constant fear of a surprise attack the way Europe might have feared the Norsemen.

And for good reason, as well. Just like ISIS, when the Wahhabis attacked, they destroyed ancient shrines, captured women, and killed anyone who disagreed with them.

So, yeah, maybe we should just give daesh another hundred years.  Roll Eyes

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #371 - November 29, 2015, 02:23 PM

Shakespeare said "The heart is deceitful above all things". While the heart is deceitful, it's also the source of everything worthwhile. Our joy, our anguish, our laughter, our tears, our love, our hatred. It can consume you more than you can bear, fill you up to the point you feel like you can fly or want to throw yourself off a bridge. It influences our actions, our choices, our destinies.

Our hearts can often lead us astray and this can be most dangerous and most destructive when we have no mindful balance. Every second of our lives is an experience, and every experience brings new lessons and new wisdom. When we truly grow up we find that balance, and it is a balance. Never listening to your heart will bring a life not worth living, but always listening will bring destruction. It's the balance you need, passion and logic working in harmony.

Follow your heart, but listen to your head.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #372 - December 01, 2015, 01:24 PM

"women of this world will be far more beautiful than the Hoor Al Ayn!" and "you shall be the queen of them all!"

And this is why I have a theory that Allah is a Gangster God. This is why many people from low income areas convert to a literalist interpretation of Islam.

The men spit this "You're the Queen" game but have women on the side (3 other wives or women waiting in Jannah)

You're told if you're not Muslim or an apostate, "You will be a loser in this life and the hereafter."

Imagine a *mafia voice*"You're a loser. You're a loser. Get outta here!"
    That's basically what Allah is saying.

If you apostate, "We gotta take 'em out" *Drive by with an uzi* (killing the apostate)

The different sects are like the Crips and the Bloods. "Yo, he's Shia, we don't rock those colors yo!"

You insult someone's Shaykh, it's like you insulted the Gang Leader.

And when you get to Jannah, you get to snort all the coke you want.

Cheesy
     Reply #373 - December 01, 2015, 07:08 PM

From carrots to kufr. It’s a slippery slope.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #374 - December 08, 2015, 03:41 AM

A woman does not need forgiveness for what is not her fault. It is not her fault, so there is nothing to be forgiven.

Thinking there is something to forgive about someone who is not at fault is the trap of honour culture.

I think you have the rest of it backward. A man who follows the norm of his culture is not seen as foolish, he is only seen as making a fool of himself when he bucks the trend.

You are confusing the different cultures in your use of the word honor. Here you have used it at the end of your post in the Western sense, as a personal conviction to ¨do the right thing¨. Whereas the culture my children were born into has a different concept of what the ¨right thing¨ IS, and hence, a different definition of honour.

I would rather that they understood it in the sense that you use it, and find honour culture, and modesty culture, for that matter, to be completely incomprehensible.

I do not think it is the duty of a woman who finds herself completely dependent upon a man to make him into a better person, if indeed explaining she has no better option in her life than him would have such an effect. It is rather in her best interest to do whatever helps her to survive, and thrive, if possible, in such an environment. Men are perfectly capable of becoming better people without their dependents taking such risks, especially in an environment where they are considered to be the top of the hierarchy because of their very gender.

Reply #375 - December 09, 2015, 03:57 AM

Ah, Quod, you making me blush! Thank you.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #376 - December 09, 2015, 03:10 PM

Ah, Quod, you making me blush! Thank you.

three I just read that as "Al-Quds.," ... indeed he is "Al-Quds" of CEMB...   

Reply #377 - December 09, 2015, 04:49 PM

I'm Jerusalem?

Reply #378 - December 12, 2015, 06:22 AM

Quote from: AGirlWithDoubts
    Allah always pretends to be a prudish god, commanding modesty and all that jazz, it's funny that he made his heaven a huge orgyfest.

Reply #379 - December 12, 2015, 06:41 AM

Quote from: happymurtad
    It’s unbelievable, really. I’m struggling to believe I actually ever believed it. Did I, really? Women who never poop or pee, self-repairing hymens, breasts that never sag. It’s like it was written by teenagers.

Reply #380 - December 12, 2015, 08:19 AM

About Saudi Arabia.
    Quote from: Bolton34
    An evil country that dupes Muslims into supporting it by claiming to be a holy land. Gosh, where have we heard that one before... oh yes, the tactics of obnoxious televangelists.

Reply #381 - December 13, 2015, 03:25 AM

I don't think the hitting is the important part. If the wife isn't being hit, and the reason for that is because she's doing everything her husband wants, that doesn't sound like a particularly full and equal relationship. The whole relationship seems abusive to me, even without the violence.

And assault in a relationship is abuse. Because it is abusive. Because it is a violation of human rights in a close relationship, not a random punch on the street from a stranger. So though I do respect your partner and their opinion, I respectfully disagree on this point.

Reply #382 - December 13, 2015, 09:26 PM

because you are confused snake 

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
     Reply #383 - December 14, 2015, 04:38 PM

I don’t think there is an easy answer to this, though I do think it is a discussion we must continue to have. I think we must continue to allow all voices in the debate to be aired.

Those who want to interpret Islam in a more spiritual or agnostic manner must be allowed to do so, since, to your point, many people will still be attracted to Islam’s spiritual tradition for their own personal needs and comfort.

Similarly, those of us who have rejected Islam all together should still be vocal about our reasons why, because ultimately, violent, intolerant, or literal interpretations need to be confronted for what they actually are without sugar coating or sidestepping.

I believe it was Os who once said that the problem of literalism will continue so long as people can pick up the texts and read what they actually say. Therefore, it is important that the anecdote to those toxic ideas are out there and made available to everyone.

I don’t think we should concern ourselves so much with trying to give people something that they must believe in. Trying to create a new Islam for the masses is ultimately a blunder waiting to happen, because it misses the point of allowing people the opportunity to think and conclude for themselves.

I think, instead, we should be concerned with creating an environment where all ideas can be aired and confronted as needed. That is ultimately what the literalists are afraid of.

Reply #384 - December 17, 2015, 01:54 PM

Satan and Allah in Islam are the same thing. He's just trying to mess with people's heads.

There are a number of verses the hint towards this. Satan misleads people, Allah misleads people. Satan wants people to go to Hell, Allah says 'I will fill Hell with men and Jinn.' Satan says he will make misguidance look good to people, Allah says he makes wordly and misleading things pleasing to people.

Allah says in hadith al-qudsi 19 that he will cast into the hellfire those who compete with him in regards to pride and greatness.

Hm, which one is more of an asshole...

Reply #385 - December 18, 2015, 12:43 AM

Brilliant.
     Reply #386 - December 18, 2015, 02:43 PM

Wow. Amazing.

Reply #387 - December 20, 2015, 05:01 PM

This is what happened to me:

Surah 1 In the name of allah the really fucking cool. We worship you. show us the way.

Surah2 This is a book of guidance for believers. Believers are really cool. Nonbelievers wont believe whether or not you warn them. Allah has set a seal on their hearts, and they are pretty much fucked. People who only pretend to believe in Allah are also fucked.. Worship allah, who invented the universe etc. But if you don’t believe this book, then see if you can make a verse as brilliant as these. When you fail, you should be afraid of hell, because you are screwed. Allah doesn’t mind using analogies that may sound stupid. Allah created you, and everything else, and he knows everything. Allah said he was going to make adam as a deputy on earth. But the angels thought that was a bad idea. Allah taught adam the names of stuff on earth. The angels didn’t know the names of this stuff, and so they realized that allah knew what he was doing, and they bowed down to adam. One of them didn’t bow because he rejects faith. Allah warned adam of the tree in the garden of eden, but satan screwed things up for adam and eve, and they had to live on earth instead of the garden of eden. Allah will give you guidance but if you reject it, you are screwed. Believe this, be scared, and worship allah. Yo jews. Remember that you were my chosen people. And I sorted you out. Don’t deny me, worship me. You fucked up quite a few times. I forgave you but you were pretty unappreciative and spoilt. When I asked you to sacrifice a cow, you were fannying around because you didn’t know which type of cow to sacrifice.

When you killed someone, you accused each other. I said, hit the dead guy with a piece of cow. That’s how I bring people back to life, and show you a miracle. But you were stubborn, and I wont forget it.

Given that jews knowingly corrupt the quran, can you really expect them to believe you. They pretend to believe when they are with muslims, but get pissed off with each other for chatting to muslims about what I have revealed to them, because it could be used against them. Some people make fake holy books. They are screwed. But the righteous believers will be in paradise You Jews broke my covenant, and are screwed. I know about all the shit you get up to. What was your beef with jesus? You know this book is the truth, why deny it? You are screwed.

“The disbelievers will suffer a humiliating torment.” They say they don’t believe this book, but I don’t see why, because it confirms my earlier work. They are such dickheads, greedy too. I might change my mind and contradict myself, but just roll with it. Just go with whatever I am currently saying Muslims are cool. Allah is cool. He is too cool to have a son. He is seriously cool, honestly. Idiots wonder why I havnt provided any evidence, but I have. It’s very clear. Anyone who doesn’t believe this book is certainly a loser.

Use Mecca as a place for prayer. Abraham asked me to provide for the believers in Mecca. I said I would, but I’m going to fuck over the deniers. By the way, Abraham is cool. He is a muslim, not a jew or a Christian. If you don’t believe that, ask yourself who knows more. Me or you? Muslims and muhammed are an example for everyone to follow. You should face mecca when you pray. I know that I have changed the direction from Jerusalem to mecca, but it is a test.

People who die for my cause are not really dead. They are cool. I shall test you through suffering, you better not moan too much.

Atheists will be condemned by me, the angels, and all people. They “will have no relief from the torment, and no attention will be paid to them”. If you are not too stupid, you will realise that rain, winds, clouds, etc are all evidence of my existence. Unbelievers are really dumb.

There is lots of shit you should not eat, but I wont mind if its an emergency. Unbelievers will burn etc. Fasting is mandatory during Ramadan, but you are allowed to Shag your wives. Don’t enter a house through the back door. Fight in my name, the people who fight you. Kill them wherever you find them. Being a disbeliever is worse than murder. Disbelievers deserve to be slayed, unless they convert to Islam. Fight them until they are no longer atheists and non muslims. Fight them until Islam is dominant. Chill out if they convert.

Do a pilgrimage to Mecca.

Even though you don’t like fighting, it is mandatory, and its good for you. I don’t care what good an apostate has done in his life. He is fucked, forever. A womans period is a pollution. Don’t go near them. Your wives are your property. You can shag them whenever you want. Men are above women. ….rules about how long to wait after divorce, breastfeeding, marriage, prayers, loans…. Allah is cool. Muhammed is cool. Jesus is cool. Allah is cool Nobody can ever learn anything unless I let them. Allah is cool. Interest sucks, so does alcohol. Allah is brilliant, and mega powerful.

Surah 3 Allah is brilliant and unique and sent down The quran which confirms previous messages. It is a guide and a criterion for right and wrong. Non believers are fucked. Allah is really clever and knows everything and created mankind.

The main parts of the quran have a clear meaning, but other parts are shit, and nobody can understand them. Dickheads will follow the shit parts. Non muslims are definately fucked. Tell them they are fucked

Its better to aim to be close to Allah than for worldy possessions. Try to convince christians and jews to become muslims. Some will refuse because they think they are safe. but in fact, they are fucked. Don't choose a non muslim as a friend over a muslim. Allah is nice to those who submit.

Some woman dedicated her kid called mary to Allah, and Allah liked this, and made sure that mary and her offspring had it sorted. Some old guy noticed that Allah had sorted her out, and asked allah for him and his old and infertile wife to have a kid. Allah said yes, and explained that he can sort it out. Allah chose Mary to give birth to a messenger for the jews called jesus. Mary was confused because she was a virgin, but allah said he can sort it out.

Jesus could do miracles to prove that he was a prophet. But still some people werent convinced, and these people plotted and planned. But allah is better at plotting and planning and told jesus that he would defend him from all the bullshit the plotters chat. Non muslims are fucked, muslims get rewarded.

Dont doubt the quran. If anyone disagrees with this, get your crew together and pray for a curse on this person. There is only one god, and he is definately really great, and that is true.

Ask the christians and the jews why they doubt my story about abraham being a muslim. They dont know what they are talking about. They shouldnt talk about things they have no idea about. christians and jews are shit for many different reasons. If you have this book, and you understand it properly, you will definately be a muslim, and call others to be. Angels and prophets cannot be gods, only the morons believe that.

Once you submit to allah, allah gives you belief, and so its not possible to no longer believe in Islam. Anybody who leaves Islam is a "perverted transgressor". All things obey allah, whether willingly or unwillingly. Islam is the only acceptable religion. non muslims are going to hell. If you leave islam and then come back, that will probably be OK, but if you dont, you are FUCKED!

you have to make some sacrifices. Jews made up their own dietary laws. The message I gave them was true. If they make stuff up that I didnt say, they are lying.

The first mosque was at Mecca, and you have to go there, unless you cant afford to. the christians and jews are trying to obstruct people from the right path, and if you listen to them you might leave islam, which doesnt make sense. Definately be a muslim. Muslims are cool.

Allah's signs are clear. dont dispute them and become divided. If you do, you are fucked.

On judgement day, non muslims will have black faces, and are fucked. This is not unjust because Allah is brilliant and he says so. Muslims are the best. Most Christians and Jews are twats. They are annoying, but they cant hurt you. Allah is angry with these destitute, and shameful rebels. But some of them are alright.

Non muslims are fucked, and they only have themselves to blame. Stick to your own. Other people want to fuck you up. They may say that they believe in islam, but they are bullshitting. Don't trust these cunts.

Allah helped you win some battles because you were shit and needed a lot of help. Show some gratitude.

Allah owns everything, and he does whatever the fuck he likes. He is most forgiving and merciful. Non muslims are fucked. Heaven is a garden with rivers, as big as the universe in which you can live forever. Its very nice. But only Allah can forgive sins and this book is a guide to get you there.

If you get harmed, makes sure the others get harmed too. These things are tests for believers, and Allah may take some people as martyr witnesses. Allah tests those who fight in his name and who wished for death.

muhammed is just one of a long line of messengers. Allah rewards people who serve Muhammed. Submitters will be rewarded in this life and the next. Many prophets faught for Allah, and they didnt mind even if they failed, and they never gave up. Allah rewarded them with some really cool stuff. Allah helps and protects muslims from the unbelievers. "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers" because they joined partners with Allah. They are fucked.

Allah gave you permission to annihilate your enemy, but you started messing around, thinking about the booty. Some of you are more interested in this world than the next. But He forgave you because you are muslims.

Dont be like the unbelievers, who are cowards. If allah has decreed that you are going to die, then you are going to die, whether you fight or not. It is better to be dead and forgiven, than alive and unforgiven. Trust in Allah. If it is his will, you will always win. Don't think of those who die in my name as dead. Dont fear anything except me. Non muslims are fucked. Be a Muslim.

Allah has given clear signs. people who reject them are fucked. muslims are rewarded. blah blah blah. non muslims are fucked. hell. Heaven. hell. heaven. yadda yadda. Fear Allah

I did the next chapter too later on, but I think the quran goes significantly downhill after the first few surahs, and they were tedious enough already.

Reply #388 - December 21, 2015, 04:05 AM

that's the irony of Salafist Islamism—it seeks to go back to the time of "pure Islam" of the "rightly guided" when in fact even those "rightly guided" were all too human and ruled by practicality and what they believed was best at the time.

Written by Absurdist

Reply #389 - December 21, 2015, 04:06 AM

I was just going to post his whole thing. And I'm still gonna post his whole thing.

You might be convinced that Islam is Islamism because you're so immersed in the culture of Islamism that's widespread today that you can't possibly conceive of a way out. Islamism has had a modern revival since the 80s or so and it has taken over the narrative of Islam. But equating the two is historically revisionist; it makes us look at the history of Islam through the perspective of the modern day rather than look at its wide and diverse history. It's as if we have finally figured out what Islam really is and must look back and judge other periods that are actually not all that Islamic. And that's exactly the intention of Islamists, particularly the Salafi/purist types. They want to erase all of Islamic history and think that only Muhammad's time and the time of the "rightly guided caliphs" are the True Islam, but after that Islam somehow strayed away from the Truth and shouldn't count.

Islamic history is so diverse that it's debatable whether a lot of the so-called "Muslim philosophers" were even Muslim. It really depends on who you ask, even during their own lifetimes. Many were accused of heresy. The same can be said of Islamic societies at large. What is defined as Islam, and what Islamic states have practiced, has changed a lot through time. Ultimately, Islam is a practical religion that seeks the maintenance of the power and influence of Islamic society above all else. For instance, the Ottoman Empire was one of the first states in the world to formally decriminalize sex work and homosexuality, during what was called the Tanzimat period. This survivalist pragmatism is not foreign to Islam and in fact has its roots in Muhammad's practice, along with the practice of the so-called "rightly guided caliphs". Islam has always changed, so much so that the concept of bidaa seems quite absurd and nonsensical. For instance, it was Umar ibn Al-Khattab who banned mutaa marriage, not Muhammad, which is why Shias believe mutaa is allowed in Islam. Yet Sunnis are deeply convinced that mutaa is unIslamic, despite it being arguably a bidaa. And that's the irony of Salafist Islamism—it seeks to go back to the time of "pure Islam" of the "rightly guided" when in fact even those "rightly guided" were all too human and ruled by practicality and what they believed was best at the time.

I would go so far as to argue that because Islam requires survival above all else, and that the argument can (and has, by many) be made that today in the age of globalization secularism will save all religions from themselves, it's very arguable that today secularism is actually the true Islam.

• Previous page 1 ... 11 12 1314 15 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »