Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: CEMB Greatest Hits - posts you may have missed

(Read 156047 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • CEMB Greatest Hits - posts you may have missed
     Reply #240 - February 10, 2015, 05:35 PM

Thanks yeez. I just write my thoughts in the few spare moments away from study, so didn't expect to find myself here!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #241 - February 22, 2015, 01:32 AM

Finally got a chance to read it. I think a lot of people got wow'ed by the use of technical terms and didn't bother to read what it actually says and means xD Clever by the author I've gotta say, he did a good job in fooling the audience. I believe, aside from the less serious aspect you took on it (...some fool...) it shows how humans often bow down to authority measured by the arbitrary stick of how intelligent they sound. Yet sometimes a proof can be short and simple, not laced in a billion terms that most people don't understand, and be valid. It shows even in the formal (academic or debate) realm people use these sorts of intellectual gymnastics to bring their point across. The logic being if it can't be understood, it can't be refuted! Iron clad until someone clever enough to see through it comes along haha!

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #242 - March 07, 2015, 01:35 PM

..Most of the language used in any ancient religious text such as, kill, wrath, hell, torture, unbelievers, sins, etc, are not words that we would consider ethical, nor even spiritual today.  You'd have to sift through the text, pick out the bits that suit, blindly disregard the rest if you wanted to follow any of those books, they belong in the past...

Those are prophetic words of 21st century  and those words should be hammered in to the heads of any one who preach religious scriptures  + a billboard should be nailed in front of all schools,  religious  places and  educational institutes...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #243 - March 08, 2015, 12:23 AM

What did Avijit Roy do/write that made him as a target to these Islamism following brutal rogues from Islam? He  was a Bangladesh hindu guy married to his Muslim girl friend  and both of them as team wrote against all religions and their superstitious bullshit.  In fact he was such a wonderful guy he wrote articles along with his daughter..    And I used to read his Mukta Mona and his articles regularly  and some times i used to write in it..

Anyways it is life one way other way it will go way  but I wish he would have not gone to Bangladesh and I wish he had  another 40 years to his life.  People like him give life to others and show the way how to live. I am certain  his words/his articles/his thoughts will stay for ever ..as long as decent human beings live on this planet..  So to remember him let me add here some of his words from his last article "The Virus of Faith" by Avijit Roy

Well you can read all that and more  at that link but that is what he wrote in his last article... So long my friend and Thank you for all that you did in your short life..

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #244 - March 08, 2015, 12:29 AM

^^ cheers yeezevee, all your posts should go here : )  x
     Reply #245 - March 09, 2015, 10:41 PM

No I read your own sources. I just am not burdened by apologetics in order provide a facade of an open domination which has no history of being anything of the sort. I know of both Christ and Church. I have rejected the claims of both. I believe both are based on mythology thus are fictional more than factual. Even a historical Jesus devoid of all the religious baggage is unsupported. I can not be saved. Read your own sources again.

Your view would render Christianity moot and proselytizing as a harmful act. To guarantee the greatest amount of people are saved the best method is to never talk about Christ and the Church. If ignorance allows one to be saved by good deeds then you increase the risk of damning their immortal soul by even telling another person about either. The risk factor is that they could reject the claims if they are not convinced that either is in fact true. Thus a person which fulfills the good deeds required would still be 100% damned by their rejection of the claims. Whereas an ignorant person whom is good can neither reject nor accept the claims they have no knowledge of. So by preaching Christianity you commit an immoral act on another person by putting them in harms way spiritually. However this is the opposite of all Christian doctrine and dogma.  Since your views are based on apologetics this clearly presents a case of sophistry and fallacious reasoning in a contradiction used to shore up the troops. It is not a rational argument for the unbeliever. I would also point out this argument was used for an era in which communication Christianity globally was impossible. It has next to no practical application in a either of internet databases and global communication networks. This doctrine only applies to a person which is completely isolated from the modern world in every way. Socially, economical, locally, etc. These parameters would only apply to groups of people we have never discovered or communicated with. After all among first ideas exchanged in foreign cultural interaction is that of religion.

Do not take my comment as a personal attack. I am just pointing out the logical consequences of the sources and it's implications. This is why it is sophistry which I loath with a passion due to it's use in fooling the masses. There is also my education and career path which contains knowledge not taught by the Church as it would refute the religion.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #246 - March 15, 2015, 04:26 AM

It is typical archaic thinking which propagate the divide between humans, us vs them, race vs race, religion vs religion etc. State government love to define people which just propagates the system further. You are a human, that is more than enough for anyone.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #247 - March 17, 2015, 03:43 AM

Yes I do have deep connection to dr.  Avijit., In fact I met him. He never wanted anything for what he did except shine the light in to a dark lifeless society with religiosity  superstitious nonsense...  Well life is gone but his words will light the secular humanistic values as long as internet is alive..

This is the most eloquent thing yeezevee has ever said.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #248 - March 17, 2015, 03:52 PM

...when it's dishonesty in the career and business practices of white folks, that's just part of the dog-eat-dog territory and almost viewed in a positive light. When poor old Christians are doing doublespeak, it's just them being delusional or defending their religion against attack to the best of their ability. When someone from the West lies, they're just dishonest. But if a Muslim does it, it's Taqiyya. It's his culture to do that taqiyya.

This is why I hate the use of this word. You can't divorce yourself from this charge of taqiyya. People in general are dishonest as fuck, but it has a name and it has a background when it's taqiyya, it conjures a mental image of potential offenders based on clothing, on race, on their country, and it's used to promote suspicion of huge groups of people, and even honest ones get caught up in it. Lying is human, but a lying Muslim is on another level, those mysterious, untrustworthy others, part of a hive-mind, practicing the dreaded taqiyya.

Reply #249 - March 17, 2015, 03:53 PM

Oh, for real? Thanks, Hassan! 001_wub
     Reply #250 - March 18, 2015, 06:37 PM

I can't think of any argument that I ever employed as an apologist or that I've ever seen used by an apologist that didn't boil down to pointing to a hypothetical Islam. And after you keep referencing this hypothetical Islam and trying to define it for long enough, that shit seems real, probably some idyllic thing like al-Andalus where everything works out, and that's the Islam you're hanging on to and defending, this thing that has never actually existed on Earth.

So I remember being an apologist and having the nerve to say that I felt terrible for people who were mistreated because of Islam, but that it was a cultural problem, it had nothing to do with Islam, and Islam was just the excuse, and if everybody would just shut up for a second and let us set up the ideal Islamic state, everyone would be happy.

It becomes easy as an apologist to therefore separate the actual realities of Islam as it has been practiced on Earth and this "right" Islam, and easy to accuse the apostate of needlessly slandering the right Islam for the wrong reasons, easy to forget that what you're seeing is a fantasy and what the apostate saw was the truth. I hate watching these things for a lot of reasons, but mostly because I remember being there.

Reply #251 - March 22, 2015, 03:03 PM

A simple and obvious point that seems to escape many non-Muslims. :

Just like it's easy to grow up here hearing that God loves everyone and Jesus was a really cool guy and the Bible is a book full of acceptance and love, Muslims can be raised not having really read the Quran the whole way through, or critically in their adulthood, and perhaps the first time they hear about some of the more disgusting hadith is when someone who is criticizing Islam shoves it in their face.

Reply #252 - March 22, 2015, 03:12 PM

Hassan!  mysmilie_977 I'm going to be flattered for the rest of the year! Thanks, again. 001_wub
     Reply #253 - March 22, 2015, 03:15 PM

You're on a roll!  Grin

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #254 - March 22, 2015, 03:21 PM

Hassan!  mysmilie_977 I'm going to be flattered for the rest of the year! Thanks, again. 001_wub

Noo.., Nahh..   I don't think Abu Ali read carefully what you wrote there... he is just  fascinated with your fighting abilities lua    Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #255 - March 22, 2015, 03:25 PM

Cheesy I'm not always fighting when I'm speaking!

You're on a roll!  Grin

And that's all I had, and I'm not going to say anything worthwhile for the rest of the time I'm here. Grin
     Reply #256 - March 23, 2015, 12:14 AM

You are one of the best posters here lua  Smiley
     Reply #257 - March 23, 2015, 12:49 AM

I was hoping you hadn't left for good, glad to see you back! And aw, thank you!  far away hug
     Reply #258 - March 26, 2015, 11:40 AM

Ultimately at a fundamental level of particle physics everything is meaningless, So what?
    but it doesn't have a negative effect on me.
     Ultimately, I don't matter. So what?
    The people I love have no ultimate worth. So what?
    My love to them and their love to me worth to me.
    I don't care if  ultimately there is no meaning. So what?
     My own life has meaning to me.
    The fact I give  meaning to my life to the life of other's doesn't lessen that in my eyes.
    I'm here right now.
    People, I'm alive right now.
    I don't care what happens after I die but I do care when I am alive

Reply #259 - March 26, 2015, 11:49 AM

I'm not sure you're supposed to rewrite it yeez. Grin

Reply #260 - March 26, 2015, 11:54 AM

I love that version    : )
     Reply #261 - March 26, 2015, 12:10 PM

I'm not sure you're supposed to rewrite it yeez. Grin

who made that rule? allah/god/jesus/monkey/elephant?? , well it is not  Quran  QSD ..lol...,

we all need to correct/modify to make it look right whenever where ever we think is necessary

Reply #262 - March 26, 2015, 03:24 PM

He put a yeezevee twist to it. Magnificent Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #263 - March 26, 2015, 03:36 PM

I love that version    : )

Hi suki, don't worry, For that version .. I am going to make him pay " a beer"  Cheesy

He put a yeezevee twist to it. Magnificent Grin

No.. I didn't do much on it Cornflower.. full credit to QSD.. sometimes he makes me to think .. think hard..lol..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #264 - March 26, 2015, 03:41 PM

Aww 001_wub

Reply #265 - April 06, 2015, 07:45 PM

True...but humanism and Islam are not a fair comparison. Humanism has no founder, no doctrine, no rituals etc whereas Islam has these a plenty. Humanism is more of a very loose philosophical outlook whereas Islam seeks to impose an Islamic state thanks to the Almighty and his Messenger.

We can do this with almost every culture, religion etc that's out there. I think it's time to be sensible and not dilute this issue because racism is a very serious issue and I'm not saying that you're doing it. But there are people who use culture and nationality to think they are better than others. Some Saudi's hate Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's and treat them like crap.

The good old British empire thought they were culturally superior to others and they despised African culture as having bought nothing of worth to the people, despite having abandoned all race-based theories.

Racism is a broader issue than race. To look at a definition and apply it to one's own life and say 'well I have no problem here' or 'I hate so-and-so and I'm not racist' isn't really representative of the experiences of the great sea of humanity out there nor were such definitions created out of a historical and social context. it gets complicated but that's why, as I stated previously, it requires nuance and specificity.

I only changed these words  'serious isssue ....  reaally  ..compicated" from Jedi's post .,For that,  I hope Cornflower will not say  "He put a yeezevee twist to it."

Reply #266 - April 06, 2015, 07:50 PM

Yeezevee's "The Greatest Hits: Revised." Grin

I'd read that thread.
     Reply #267 - April 06, 2015, 09:29 PM

Ditto,

Reply #268 - April 06, 2015, 09:55 PM

Yeezevee's "The Greatest Hits: Revised." Grin

I'd read that thread.

When Yeezy has to edit your posts to make it readable then you know you're in trouble!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #269 - April 06, 2015, 10:14 PM

Exactly. Criticizing Islam, even harshly, does not have anything to do with racism. But racist views and agendas do often come under the banner of anti-Islamic campaigns. As it usually is, the right answer is the hard answer: we have to be much more nuanced and much more specific, and look over these issues with a fine-toothed comb.

Denying that some "critics of Islam" would be more appropriately described as racists and bigots who use the valid criticisms of Islam (and some not-so-valid criticisms of Islam) as scare tactics to demonize and marginalize Muslims is obviously not the answer; it needs to be addressed. But entertaining the idea that the critique of Islam is, itself, inherently racist, will be taking us in the completely wrong direction, and stomping on some people who are even more marginalized and demonized and just make everything an even mess.

Unfortunately, this means a lot of double and triple-checking our language. It means correcting and distancing ourselves from people who really are bringing hatred of Muslims to the table. It means a lot of restating our positions, defining our terms clearly, and making sure we are always being fair. It's a pain in the ass, you're not gonna have a ton of supporters on either side, but it's the only right way to go.

yes

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 17 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »