Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: COEM Guitar Players Club (CGPC)

(Read 33501 times)
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • COEM Guitar Players Club (CGPC)
     OP - July 26, 2010, 03:27 PM

Ok I will start...

Electric:
    http://soundcloud.com/ribs-coem/guitar1

http://soundcloud.com/ribs-coem/fendering-around

Acoustic:
    http://soundcloud.com/ribs-coem/classic-guitar

• Re: Guitar players show off thread?...
     Reply #1 - July 26, 2010, 04:03 PM

Nice! I'll post some shit when I get home.  Afro

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #2 - July 26, 2010, 04:06 PM

I'm at work so I can't listen to you stuff for long, but you're really good RIBS!!!

Tears of Heaven, what a great piece.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #3 - July 26, 2010, 04:19 PM

Nice! I'll post some shit when I get home.  Afro

Yeah go on, do it  Afro

Reply #4 - July 26, 2010, 07:07 PM

nice toys :O and nice playing

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #5 - July 26, 2010, 07:13 PM

Holy shit, just saw the picture. You seem like a hella serious player RIBS! I didn't know there was a fellow experienced guitarist on the forums.  dance

How long have you been playing? Your guitar technique sounds really polished and pro, so I'm guessing over 10 years?

Reply #6 - July 26, 2010, 07:47 PM

Holy shit, just saw the picture. You seem like a hella serious player RIBS! I didn't know there was a fellow experienced guitarist on the forums.  dance

How long have you been playing? Your guitar technique sounds really polished and pro, so I'm guessing over 10 years?

Actually it's way over 10 years now, but serious practicing took only a couple of years during my early university days. Me and a group of friends were into western rock music and unlike the rest who considered music in general and western music in particular as un-Islamic. Se were practicing it in the basements and garages of our houses.

But I have not touched my guitars for several years now. With having to care for my family and the busy life, I find no time to play any more. I would love to go back and play with my mates again.  Punk

Reply #7 - July 26, 2010, 07:49 PM

Is that a 12-string guitar I see? Shocked
     Reply #8 - July 26, 2010, 08:19 PM

Is that a 12-string guitar I see? Shocked

Yup, it is a Melody (Italian made) 12-string acoustic. The Fender strat on the far right, is a 1976 vintage guitar that I love to play. It has a distinct sound due to its maple wood neck. You can hear it in the first soundcloud in OP.

Reply #9 - July 26, 2010, 08:26 PM

Afro
     Reply #10 - July 26, 2010, 08:38 PM

Sexy guitars RIBS. I'm sure you are proud of them. One day inshallah I will buy one. She will be my first, I hope, not last Smiley

I'll whisper in her sound hole and say "baby i just wanna pluck your strings, all night long"
  • Re: COEM Guitar Players Club (CGPC)
     Reply #11 - July 26, 2010, 08:44 PM

Cheesy
     Reply #12 - July 26, 2010, 09:10 PM

Sexy guitars RIBS. I'm sure you are proud of them. One day inshallah I will buy one. She will be my first, I hope, not last Smiley

I'll whisper in her sound hole and say "baby i just wanna pluck your strings, all night long"

Believe me it works  Cheesy

Reply #13 - July 26, 2010, 09:25 PM

Me and a group of friends were into western rock music and unlike the rest who considered music in general and western music in particular as un-Islamic. Se were practicing it in the basements and garages of our houses.

But I have not touched my guitars for several years now. With having to care for my family and the busy life, I find no time to play any more. I would love to go back and play with my mates again.  Punk

I wonder whether its possible to jam online - perhaps you & Iblis doing a live duet on COEM?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #14 - July 26, 2010, 09:28 PM

Believe me it works  Cheesy

RIBS you are my idol!  dance
     Reply #15 - July 26, 2010, 09:40 PM

kick ass, RIBS

I can play a little, but I don't really play much anymore these days  Cry
     Reply #16 - July 26, 2010, 09:45 PM

I posted these on the pictures thread:

My Guitars

My Les Paul

My Norman Acoustic on the right, and - the newest addition - my Flamenco on the left.

Reply #17 - July 26, 2010, 09:59 PM

Well, one kinda does make the guitar squeal all night long.

Red tones on an electric have that hyper sexual feel to them.
     Reply #18 - July 26, 2010, 10:03 PM

Nice guitars, best guitar ive got is a Martin D-35. Also got a Martin Backpacker.
    Best collection I ever saw was Douglas Adams'. I got to meet the guy once at his house and he had a whole wall covered in some serious guitars,the majority of them left=handed. He wasnt even much of a player , he just collected them, how I drooled.

Ive been playing for over 20 years now

According to the polls only 1.6 % of Americans are athiests. So what gives you the right to call the other 80% morons?'
     Reply #19 - July 26, 2010, 10:07 PM

Er fuck the guitars YOU GOT TO MEET DOUGLAS ADAMS?

mysmilie_977

Please tell us more Smiley
     Reply #20 - July 26, 2010, 10:15 PM

Some guitars I've had:

Jackson Performer

Squire Jagmaster

And of course, a Gibson SG

Now I've just got my trusty acoustic Tanglewood that's badly needing a re-stringing.
     Reply #21 - July 26, 2010, 10:21 PM

Nice.

A black Gibson SG is definitely going to be my next electric. I had a shitty stratocaster back in the day but I sold it for $50 to a friend.

Reply #22 - July 27, 2010, 03:03 AM

Wow there are some hardcories in here. I feel inferior in comparison!
    I was in a band once, a punk band -- I have the songs but I will not show them because they make me embarassed now  Embarrassed
    (I also had a mohawk Wink )
     Reply #23 - July 27, 2010, 04:03 AM

I just recorded this. Sorry for the bad quality and raspy sound.. it's a cell phone mic.  wacko I'm currently learning flamenco so this is a piece I learnt of youtube.

Rumba Flamenco
    http://soundcloud.com/slickback83/rumba

Pardon my slowness, I just learnt this last weekend and Flamenco has been pretty hard so far! I'm too used to a pick and playing with my fingers is really difficult.

This is the youtube vid I learnt from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI72TEhV3Yk

Reply #24 - July 27, 2010, 04:10 AM

That's your work RIBS?  Lovely..

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #25 - July 27, 2010, 04:13 AM

That's your work RIBS?  Lovely..

Thanks, that was some jamming on pentatonic scales (minor and major).

Reply #26 - July 27, 2010, 04:17 AM

I just recorded this. Sorry for the bad quality and raspy sound.. it's a cell phone mic.  wacko I'm currently learning flamenco so this is a piece I learnt of youtube.

Rumba Flamenco
    http://soundcloud.com/slickback83/rumba

Pardon my slowness, I just learnt this last weekend and Flamenco has been pretty hard so far! I'm too used to a pick and playing with my fingers is really difficult.

This is the youtube vid I learnt from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI72TEhV3Yk

Wow, man. Flamenco was my love too. Love the Gypsy Kings, and it was in my plan to learn flamenco scales just before life got busy on me and stopped being a serious guitar learner. Very well done, clear and accurate.  Afro

Reply #27 - July 27, 2010, 04:23 AM

Well done to Iblis, quite good considering you've just started.   Did you get a lot of bleeding fingers?

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #28 - July 27, 2010, 04:25 AM

No bleedy fingers. I've been playing acoustic and electric for a while. I just bought a flamenco a little while ago and have been trying to learn this style of music on and off over the last few months.

Wow, man. Flamenco was my love too. Love the Gypsy Kings, and it was in my plan to learn flamenco scales just before life got busy on me and stopped being a serious guitar learner. Very well done, clear and accurate.  Afro

Yeah I've always wanted to play flamenco, but it takes quite a lot of dedication to get even the basics down.

Reply #29 - July 27, 2010, 04:36 AM

Ok now attention all guitar players, and guitar wannabe players (ehim, ehim Blackdog), I ask you for fun to put MCGPC (Member of the COEM Guitar Players Club) as your description tag just above your avatar (from profile editing).

This is just to show the Eygptian Mafia gang (lead by Qman and Hassan) that spreading " Luuuurrvve" through peace and music represented by a Fender, a Gibson, a Martin, or an ibanez is way better than resorting to killing machines.

Our Moto is "No to AK-47. Yes to a sitar"...

Mind you, although I was tempted to join their Mafia gang, based on the fact that I was born in Egypt, but they ignored my request.....

*wipes tears..... and starts chanting*

Long live, "Trucks, Sex and Rock N Roll"...

• 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »