Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Arabic Sub-Forum?

(Read 53058 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Arabic Sub-Forum?
     Reply #120 - July 21, 2010, 11:08 AM

Yep. Well, I didn't exactly know how to clone a theme. Just did it somehow, but there are now two themes with the same name. lol

Btw, my Firefox doesn't align every post on the right. Is anybody else seeing this?

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #121 - July 21, 2010, 11:16 AM

Two themes with the same name can lead to trouble. I'll take a look tomorrow. We'll be ok until then. I'm about to commit a shitload of stuff to svn and then I'll probably knock off for the night.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #122 - July 21, 2010, 11:54 AM

I just went on one of the arabic threads and it looks kewl.  Roll Eyes Afro  I like the big font size and the right-to-left direction of everything.  Smiley

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #123 - July 21, 2010, 12:58 PM

ETA: Also note that for this theme you WILL be required to use a standards compliant browser. Complaints about IE6 and IE7 will be very much put on the backburner. I am currently (among other bugz) debugging 2.0 in IE6 and RTL and it is no bloody fun at all. So there. Tongue

Is IE8 a standards compliant browser?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #124 - July 21, 2010, 02:53 PM

Is IE8 a standards compliant browser?

No, it's a piece of shit. Seriously though, it could be 10 to 100 times better. It's only slowly getting to that point.

CEMB-Chat
     Reply #125 - July 21, 2010, 02:57 PM

Working so much better now when I post, thanks Oz and Aziz  Afro
     Reply #126 - July 21, 2010, 02:58 PM

shit, its all backwards n stuff! wtf arabs!?!

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #127 - July 21, 2010, 03:02 PM

I'm showing my ignorance here but what direction does Sylheti go?
     Reply #128 - July 21, 2010, 03:03 PM

lol. There is no sylheti writing, Bengali goes left-to-right just like English.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #129 - July 21, 2010, 03:05 PM

lol ok  - so Sylheti is not a written language? I don't understand?
     Reply #130 - July 21, 2010, 07:15 PM

As I say the Arabic forum is much better now - but it appears as that awful crimson colour Forum Default skin! (that comes when you are logged out)

Do we have to put up with that or can we change it?

I looked at the options and it seems all the options are not there?
     Reply #131 - July 21, 2010, 07:17 PM

lol ok  - so Sylheti is not a written language? I don't understand?

Well Sylheti is a dialect of Bengali. Bengali is a written language.

Reply #132 - July 21, 2010, 07:19 PM

Well Sylheti is a dialect of Bengali. Bengali is a written language.

OK, I knew Sylheti was not the only language spoken in Bangladesh - but for some reason it seems all Bengalis I've asked, say they speak Sylheti - is it the main dialect?
     Reply #133 - July 21, 2010, 07:21 PM

As I explained earlier, the theme must be fixed for the Arabic sub-forum. That's the quick and easy way to make it work. I just chose the default theme, and others may, of course, have their preferences, but one theme it has to be, and it will probably not please all of you.

CEMB-Chat
     Reply #134 - July 21, 2010, 07:27 PM

As I explained earlier, the theme must be fixed for the Arabic sub-forum. That's the quick and easy way to make it work. I just chose the default theme, and others may, of course, have their preferences, but one theme it has to be, and it will probably not please all of you.

Please, can you change it to:  TP_V097_Default MultiColour - which is the soft pale blue one. It is quite neutral and it is definitely better than that dreadful crimson that burns my eyes!
     Reply #135 - July 21, 2010, 07:34 PM

As I say the Arabic forum is much better now - but it appears as that awful crimson colour Forum Default skin! (that comes when you are logged out)

Do we have to put up with that or can we change it?

I looked at the options and it seems all the options are not there?

I love the default skin! I actually haven't changed it.
     Reply #136 - July 21, 2010, 07:44 PM

OK, I knew Sylheti was not the only language spoken in Bangladesh - but for some reason it seems all Bengalis I've asked, say they speak Sylheti - is it the main dialect?

Nah, 90% of UK bangals are from the district of sylhet so thats why you've come across that so much.

Reply #137 - July 21, 2010, 07:47 PM

Are you from Sylhet, Iblis?
     Reply #138 - July 21, 2010, 07:49 PM

Nope.   Afro

Reply #139 - July 21, 2010, 10:44 PM

Please, can you change it to:  TP_V097_Default MultiColour - which is the soft pale blue one. It is quite neutral and it is definitely better than that dreadful crimson that burns my eyes!

No. It isn't going to happen, Hass. We are not making multiple themes for that board and guests may want to read the Arabic board too, so using the site default theme makes sense. Note that this is simply a matter of the amount of coding required and the amount of time I have available. However, what I can do is enable the variant changer buttons above the header so that you can choose any one of the eleven variations. The theme should remember your setting for that even when you are using another theme on other boards, so it should still look the same when you go back to the Arabic board. .

Reply #140 - July 21, 2010, 10:56 PM

Hmm. Seems there might be a glitch with using the changer buttons on that theme. I'll look into it. Shouldn't be that hard to sort.

Reply #141 - July 22, 2010, 09:03 AM

RIBS the titles for the "Rules" thread and the "CEMB" thread are still messed up - could you try doing them again.

I'm gonna be offline now for a while so you and IraqiAtheist are in charge of the Arabic Forum.
     Reply #142 - July 22, 2010, 09:52 AM

Ok guys, I've loaded a new theme for that board.  parrot

This is about the best I can do at short notice and given all the other stuff on my plate. Afro

If you want things like the "Locked topics" and "Pinned topics" text in the message index bars translated to Arabic I'm happy to edit that in if you can give me the translation in the form of html entities.

The linktree and a couple of other minor items are a little bit out of order but I'll look at sorting those later. The templates are basically good to go and font size is the same in posts and in the reply form and in the quick reply. Font size in quotes is fractionally smaller than posts, as is usual, but still large enough.

All eleven variants of the site default theme are available and hitting the changer button will not redirect you away from the page you are on, so you can try them and see which one you like best. The theme should remember your preference when you go to other boards and back. Hass, you would probably prefer Silver Mist at a guess.

Note that this theme is only intended for auto loading in the Arabic board and is missing several superfluous templates, so I do not advise selecting it permanently in your profile.

I also have not tested in any silly browsers that couldn't render a page if Bill Gates' life depended on it so don't bother grumbling about that.  Tongue

It should be pretty good on the whole though. Enjoy.

Reply #143 - July 22, 2010, 10:05 AM

Cool. Smiley

...if you can give me the translation in the form of html entities.

No need for that. You think these noobs know what you mean? grin12
    Just view the source of the thread and you'll see the HTML entities anyway. Smiley

CEMB-Chat
     Reply #144 - July 22, 2010, 10:15 AM

True. In that case they can just write what they want. Wink

Reply #145 - July 22, 2010, 09:56 PM

All eleven variants of the site default theme are available and hitting the changer button will not redirect you away from the page you are on, so you can try them and see which one you like best. The theme should remember your preference when you go to other boards and back. Hass, you would probably prefer Silver Mist at a guess.

Could you explain exactly where I can change this, because I can't see where to do it. The profile look and layout doesn't seem to offer the option you mention and the drop down menu right at the bottom of the page doesn't either?
     Reply #146 - July 22, 2010, 09:58 PM

Ignore what I just said - I found it.
     Reply #147 - July 22, 2010, 10:00 PM

btw good call on the silver mist - I tried them all and silver mist is the one I like most - u know me so well! lol
     Reply #148 - July 22, 2010, 10:57 PM

Cool. I thought that one would suit you. It's very soothing. Wink

For anyone else who hasn't messed with our multi theme options, the changer buttons for the site default theme and for the Arabic board theme are just above the theme header and they will light up on hover. Just run your mouse over the 40px gap between the theme header and the top of the window and you should see them all.

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »