Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Well done and goodbye

(Read 5238 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Well done and goodbye
     OP - July 15, 2010, 02:56 PM

Dear all,

A couple of weeks ago I returned from 6 years living in Afghanistan (interrupted for a year due to a security incident).  Somehow its seems that I'm going to have less time for this back in the UK (not that I was ever very regular) so I figured it was about time to say goodbye.

I first got interested in on-line discussions about Islam back in 2005 when I had only been overseas for a year and someone recommended FFI as a place where there was some no-holds-barred debates going on.  While I enjoyed learning a bit about Islam, I also more often found myself in discussions with atheists and agnostics.  I have really enjoyed being able to talk about things with people who think differently to me (I'm a Christian) - particularly when such conversations are rarer in real life.

When Ali Sina start seeing little green men, many of the atheists came here and I followed shortly after.  That was pretty much my only reason for being here - well that and I had always enjoyed Berberella's posts at the other place.  I'm sorry that there are those who felt that the only reason a Christian could be here would be to prey on vulnerable new ex-muslims.  That really wasn't why I was here.

Lastly I wanted to say well done to Os, Berbs, Aziz, Hassan, Cheetah and anyone else who has worked so hard to make this forum what it is.  You wanted it to be a place where ex-muslims and questioning muslims could feel comfortable and you've achieved that well.

So all the best for the future!

Cheers,
    sparky
  • Re: Well done and goodbye
     Reply #1 - July 15, 2010, 02:59 PM

The same to you, sparky. All the best! Good bye. Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #2 - July 15, 2010, 02:59 PM

Goodbye Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #3 - July 15, 2010, 03:00 PM

Goodbye.  I hope all goes well in your life Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #4 - July 15, 2010, 03:01 PM

Sorry to see you go.  I have a great deal of respect for you as a debater, and I rarely say that to theists as we never see eye to eye.  Wish you all the best for the future and hope you still pop in from time to time.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - July 15, 2010, 03:16 PM

Goodbye! Wish you all the best Smiley

Reply #6 - July 15, 2010, 03:39 PM

Dear all,

A couple of weeks ago I returned from 6 years living in Afghanistan (interrupted for a year due to a security incident).  Somehow its seems that I'm going to have less time for this back in the UK (not that I was ever very regular) so I figured it was about time to say goodbye.

I first got interested in on-line discussions about Islam back in 2005 when I had only been overseas for a year and someone recommended FFI as a place where there was some no-holds-barred debates going on.  While I enjoyed learning a bit about Islam, I also more often found myself in discussions with atheists and agnostics.  I have really enjoyed being able to talk about things with people who think differently to me (I'm a Christian) - particularly when such conversations are rarer in real life.

When Ali Sina start seeing little green men, many of the atheists came here and I followed shortly after.  That was pretty much my only reason for being here - well that and I had always enjoyed Berberella's posts at the other place.  I'm sorry that there are those who felt that the only reason a Christian could be here would be to prey on vulnerable new ex-muslims.  That really wasn't why I was here.

Lastly I wanted to say well done to Os, Berbs, Aziz, Hassan, Cheetah and anyone else who has worked so hard to make this forum what it is.  You wanted it to be a place where ex-muslims and questioning muslims could feel comfortable and you've achieved that well.

Cheers,
    sparky

Thanks for the kind words, Sparky. Afro

I know we had our differences in the past, but I hope you know it was nothing personal - just the usual internet heated debates that are not to be taken too seriously Wink

It's obvious you are a decent guy and I hope you will pop back now and again Smiley
     Reply #7 - July 15, 2010, 05:50 PM

Goodbye sparky. Best of luck.  Afro
     Reply #8 - July 15, 2010, 05:51 PM

Goodbye Sparky. Hope you do well Smiley

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #9 - July 15, 2010, 05:54 PM

Hopefully you'll still pop in and say hello every now and again.   Afro  Till then, good luck and good bye.  

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #10 - July 15, 2010, 05:56 PM

Bye sparky, hope to see you visiting us every now and then.  far away hug

Reply #11 - July 15, 2010, 06:23 PM

Dear all,

A couple of weeks ago I returned from 6 years living in Afghanistan (interrupted for a year due to a security incident).  Somehow its seems that I'm going to have less time for this back in the UK (not that I was ever very regular) so I figured it was about time to say goodbye.

I first got interested in on-line discussions about Islam back in 2005 when I had only been overseas for a year and someone recommended FFI as a place where there was some no-holds-barred debates going on.  While I enjoyed learning a bit about Islam, I also more often found myself in discussions with atheists and agnostics.  I have really enjoyed being able to talk about things with people who think differently to me (I'm a Christian) - particularly when such conversations are rarer in real life.

When Ali Sina start seeing little green men, many of the atheists came here and I followed shortly after.  That was pretty much my only reason for being here - well that and I had always enjoyed Berberella's posts at the other place.  I'm sorry that there are those who felt that the only reason a Christian could be here would be to prey on vulnerable new ex-muslims.  That really wasn't why I was here.

Lastly I wanted to say well done to Os, Berbs, Aziz, Hassan, Cheetah and anyone else who has worked so hard to make this forum what it is.  You wanted it to be a place where ex-muslims and questioning muslims could feel comfortable and you've achieved that well.

Cheers,
    sparky

That was a gentlemanly post Sparky. Bravo Smiley
     Reply #12 - July 15, 2010, 06:54 PM

Bye bye Sparksville. The pleasure was all ours. I'm itching to know what you did in Afghanistan but you're leaving so it doesn't matter.  Have a great life. You seem to be a kind soul so I'm sure you will.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #13 - July 15, 2010, 06:56 PM

Bye-bye, good Sparky.

Do come and visit from time to time  Afro
     Reply #14 - July 15, 2010, 09:53 PM

Bye bye Sparksville. The pleasure was all ours. I'm itching to know what you did in Afghanistan but you're leaving so it doesn't matter.  Have a great life. You seem to be a kind soul so I'm sure you will.

From the Bible thread, he was there on some volountary humanitarian effort for a number of years I believe.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #15 - July 15, 2010, 09:54 PM

who the fuck is sparky

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #16 - July 15, 2010, 09:55 PM

A dog with no hind legs and metal balls.
     Reply #17 - July 15, 2010, 09:57 PM

fuck

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #18 - July 15, 2010, 10:52 PM

who the fuck is sparky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsrfovOPcjk
     Reply #19 - July 15, 2010, 11:37 PM

Interesting song, Hassan. Cheesy

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #20 - July 16, 2010, 12:04 AM

best of luck in your future and good bye

[13:36] <Fimbles> anything above 7 inches
    [13:37] <Fimbles> is wacko
    [13:37] <Fimbles> see
    [13:37] <Fimbles> you think i'd enjoy anything above 7 inches up my arse?
     Reply #21 - July 16, 2010, 03:44 AM

Cheers,
    sparky

I never thought you were here to prey on anyone, but then I already knew you from FFI. You're a decent bloke and I'm sure you'll do some good wherever you go. Best of luck for the future. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #22 - July 16, 2010, 07:29 AM

How old is Sparky?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »