Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Is Justin Bieber talented, or not?
  • 1) Yes he is talented, I wish I could sing as good as him.
  • 2) No he is not, I sing better.

Topic: Q-man loves Justin Bieber...

(Read 18920 times)
  • 12 3 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Q-man loves Justin Bieber...
     OP - July 06, 2010, 09:11 AM

Q-man luuuurves Justin! Yup!

• Re: Justin Bieber...
     Reply #1 - July 06, 2010, 09:24 AM

Your poll options suck RIBS. I pick...

3) He's more talented than I am because I have no musical talent whatsoever, but considerably less talented than millions of musicians out there who've never had a recording contract and likely never will.

fuck you
     Reply #2 - July 06, 2010, 09:29 AM

THANK YOU FECAL!!! Afro

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

https://twitter.com/AlharbiMoe
     Reply #3 - July 06, 2010, 09:29 AM

For fuck's sake, his voice is squeeky and hasn't even cracked yet. When I first heard him I thought it was a girl singing.

Also, look at the chords he's playing. I've been playing the guitar for less than a year and can learn that song within a few minutes.

He's not talented in the least. He's a marketing scheme for young girls.
     Reply #4 - July 06, 2010, 09:44 AM

3) He's more talented than I am because I have no musical talent whatsoever, but considerably less talented than millions of musicians out there who've never had a recording contract and likely never will.

I am sorry to say that you're wrong here. Do you think he got contracts because he got recommended by the president or something? He was on YouTube, they picked him because he was good. You say there are millions of talented people out there and I agree, but surely if the record companies knew that there are more talented guys or gals who would make them more money, wouldn't you think they would pick them?

For fuck's sake, his voice is squeeky and hasn't even cracked yet. When I first heard him I thought it was a girl singing.

Also, look at the chords he's playing. I've been playing the guitar for less than a year and can learn that song within a few minutes.

He and Drake are talentless hacks and are perfect examples of why people think Canadian music and culture suck.

Well, I guess Michael Jackson used to squeak like that and many teen stars still squeak. I think we tend to envy the successful that's all.

And for the guitar chords you mentioned, I play the guitar for over 20 years now, and I can tell you this: there are extremely successful songs that used only a couple of easy chords. I learned most of famous Beatles songs when I was a teenage boy in like few minutes too. Their songs are mostly made of simple repetitive easy to remember chords. Now tell me John Lennon and Paul Macartney were not talented?

Reply #5 - July 06, 2010, 09:52 AM

I wish to add, that this part is exactly what option 1 says.

The rest of your number 3 option is an opinion that we all know and nothing new. Life is not fair. That's why they make competitions that include a contract deal with a record company as the prize.

Reply #6 - July 06, 2010, 09:55 AM

We have a poll about Justin Bieber?   Huh? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think I might start a poll about Lady Gaga - is she a tarp, yes or no?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - July 06, 2010, 09:55 AM

I did an entire course on the Beatles, and the reason John and Paul were able to write such simple songs was because they had already developed a repertoire like no one before that they didn't have anything to prove anymore. They had had a very long musical career, even before they became the Beatles, and even in their later albums they had songs so complex that musicologists still cannot decipher them. For example, the very first chord in 'A Hard Day's Night' is considered by many to be the holy grail of rock music, according to my prof, who's a musicologist. Songs such as 'Tomorrow Never Knows' are also a case in point.

Even the simple songs they wrote were very effective and ignited emotions in the listener, which is why they didn't have to be complex. One example of that is 'Yesterday'.

What repertoire does Justin Bieber have? Absolutely nothing. He's a talentless hack. I mean, people criticize industrial rock and nu-metal bands for using power chords over and over again and consider them talentless, and what Bieber does is much, much worse.
     Reply #8 - July 06, 2010, 09:59 AM

Cheesy oh we have two members who sing better than JB... A video proof would be appreciated, and why risk not be picked by a record company, post your talent on YouTube, you never know, you could be the next Justin...

(you haters)!!!

Reply #9 - July 06, 2010, 10:00 AM

We have a poll about Justin Bieber?   Huh? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think I might start a poll about Lady Gaga - is she a tarp, yes or no?

Honestly, that would be a better discussion.
     Reply #10 - July 06, 2010, 10:01 AM

Cheesy oh we have two members who sing better than JB... A video proof would be appreciated, and why risk not be picked by a record company, post your talent on YouTube, you never know, you could be the next Justin...

(you haters)!!!

My voice is low and simply sucks, but if what Justin Bieber does is singing, then anyone can sing.
     Reply #11 - July 06, 2010, 10:05 AM

What repertoire does Justin Bieber have? Absolutely nothing. He's a talentless hack.

The guy is like what, 15? Give him a break man, he is just starting his career. As I said I am not a fan at all, in fact I am a heavy metal and hard rock fan. But I still can see why he appeals to teenagers. Obviously millions love the kid. Of course he looks nice, but he can sing.

I mean, people criticize industrial rock and nu-metal bands for using power chords over and over again and consider them talentless....

Not sure if the heavy metal fans here would agree with you. As I said it's a matter of taste.

Reply #12 - July 06, 2010, 10:08 AM

I am sorry to say that you're wrong here. Do you think he got contracts because he got recommended by the president or something? He was on YouTube, they picked him because he was good.

When it comes to music, as Abood has previously stated, talent and success don't necessarily correlate directly.

By your logic, McDonald's makes the best burgers in the world since they are the most popular, the most popular show on TV is the best show on TV, and the movie Armageddon is better than Taxi Driver because it sold more tickets at the box office.

Here, you'll like this dude, he thinks just like you--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8wLg5Asgo

You say there are millions of talented people out there and I agree, but surely if the record companies knew that there are more talented guys or gals who would make them more money, wouldn't you think they would pick them?

Roll Eyes You really don't get how A&R at record companies work do you?

fuck you
     Reply #13 - July 06, 2010, 10:09 AM

Since when do adolescent girls care about the music?

He's young and undeveloped, yes, but that only means he should practice more. People don't get famous then become talented--or at least they shouldn't.

Not sure if the heavy metal fans here would agree with you. As I said it's a matter of taste.

I'm actually quite a fan of nu-metal, but I know that for the most part, metalheads don't regard it with high esteem. It's not even considered metal.

Reply #14 - July 06, 2010, 10:09 AM

"Last month, a post on 4chan urged users to all search for the term "Justin Bieber Syphilis" pushing it to the top of Google Trend's Hot Searches list."  Cheesy Cheesy

You see that's what I am talking about. If you don't like his voice that's fine, but why would you link an innocent young boy wit an STD? Envy, is a disease, all I can say... Cry

Reply #15 - July 06, 2010, 10:11 AM

Roll Eyes You really don't get how A&R at record companies work do you?

You enlighten us please whistling2

Reply #16 - July 06, 2010, 10:12 AM

Since when do adolescent girls care about the music?

That's not fair, some do.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #17 - July 06, 2010, 10:13 AM

And Fecal Mcangry, you seem to have many posts yet I have not seen you before here at COEM, were you an old member who decided to rejoin? Or are you a current one who decided to confuse us and change your user name?

Reply #18 - July 06, 2010, 10:14 AM

It's the image that sells, not the music.

Fecal McAngry is Q-Man.
     Reply #19 - July 06, 2010, 10:15 AM

Is that true of The Beatles too then?  They had plenty of adolescent girls in their fanbase.

Reply #20 - July 06, 2010, 10:15 AM

I am sorry to say that you're wrong here. Do you think he got contracts because he got recommended by the president or something? He was on YouTube, they picked him because he was good. You say there are millions of talented people out there and I agree, but surely if the record companies knew that there are more talented guys or gals who would make them more money, wouldn't you think they would pick them?

I'll you the most likely reason why he was picked by a record company. They saw the potential. They knew that with the right marketing, he would be extremely appealing to girls aged 8-12, and that meant big bucks (like with the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus and whoever).

Having a nice singing voice or being decent with an instrument doesn't warrant fame and recognition, sorry. Bieber sings trite, shallow and boring pop music. The lyrics are appallingly generic and there's absolutely nothing interesting or new about his music. He has a pretty face and dresses nice by teenage standards, so I guess that's most of what he has got going for him.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #21 - July 06, 2010, 10:16 AM

You enlighten us please whistling2

They don't pick the most talented artists to sign, they pick the most marketable. Sometimes those two things coincide, sometimes they don't. But it's not like professional sports, RIBS-- it's not the most skilled/talented people necessarily getting the richest deals, it's those who are talented/skilled enough, and also possess the most marketable look, style, age, and sound. Do you think it's an accident that so many popular musicians are good-looking?

fuck you
     Reply #22 - July 06, 2010, 10:16 AM

To some extent, yes. They had to develop a "clean cut" image to be commercially successful. It was something they had trouble with but had to do.

Reply #23 - July 06, 2010, 10:17 AM

It's the image that sells, not the music.

Fecal McAngry is Q-Man.

Oh, Qman, can you please stop changing your user name? This is confusing.  finmad

Reply #24 - July 06, 2010, 10:17 AM

For fucks sake, he is not normal at all. He is 16 1/2 and still has not hit puberty yet. They fact that 23 year old women dig some pre pubescent boy whose nuts have not dropped is beyond me. And I agree with Q-mans statement.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #25 - July 06, 2010, 10:19 AM

Justin Bieber and Drake are examples of why people think Canadian music and culture suck. And we have plenty of those. The good musicians rarely become mainstream.
     Reply #26 - July 06, 2010, 10:20 AM

They had to develop a "clean cut" image to be commercially successful.

And was that to please the teenage girls, or the adults who had control over the purse strings?  

Having been a teenage girl, I don't remember "clean cut" ever being high on my list of priorities when choosing music.

Reply #27 - July 06, 2010, 10:20 AM

Justin Bieber and Drake are examples of why people think Canadian music and culture suck. And we have plenty of those. The good musicians rarely become mainstream.

+1

Sadly, this is true

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #28 - July 06, 2010, 10:24 AM

Don't forget Avril Lavigne.

Here's an awesome Canadian band from the late 70s, but they never signed to a major label and are not very well-known, so according to RIBS' Law they must suck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyqQZXX3YF4

fuck you
     Reply #29 - July 06, 2010, 10:39 AM

Musical taste is subjective.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

• 12 3 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »