Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Jesus Camp

(Read 2411 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Jesus Camp
     OP - September 26, 2009, 08:47 PM

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-988817750017426275&ei=BXa-Sr--C5PQ-AanycnpBg#

I just watched this disgusting and gross movie and can't seem to comprehend that such a thing was allowed in modern day America  Huh?
    I know it is closed now, and this movie is more than 3 years old, but still the though of such a thing to exist in a supposedly moderate society is just beyond imagination.

I have to say the most disgusting part was this  :'(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdt_f0hwUg

P.S. Sorry if this is 'old' and everybody knows about it.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

• Re: Jesus Camp
     Reply #1 - September 26, 2009, 09:15 PM

i watched first 12 mins.

i couldnt watch anymore im sorry.

All i have to say is seeing those children being robbed of their individuality made me nearly shed a tear.
     Reply #2 - September 26, 2009, 09:19 PM

There are worst religious schools, madrassas, community centres etc

This just scratches the surface-in regards to some of the things we have in parts of Britain the camp is fairly tame.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #3 - September 26, 2009, 10:55 PM

There are worst religious schools, madrassas, community centres etc

This just scratches the surface-in regards to some of the things we have in parts of Britain the camp is fairly tame.

I really hope you're exaggerating here. How can it be more disgusting than this?  Huh?
    Have you seen the cardboard Bush part?(I'm sorry for it not showing up before I fixed it now)

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #4 - September 28, 2009, 05:36 AM

Ay, crazy pentecostals...want to here something scary....That form of christianity is the fast growing religion in South America.

These people are batshit crazy. A few years ago, I went "undercover" to one of their churches in Kentucky (I was bored...It was Kentucky). It was a very unsettling experience. People were jumping around screaming in babble language, very weird. Then I got saved (keep in mind, I was "undercover"), it was hard to play along, since the level of sincerity was so strong. The whole time, I could not believe that these people were serious.
    What's even more strange, is that they can shut it off just as quick, and a hour later be sitting around eating cookies and talking about cars.

I did see this movie a while ago, and just a little extra bit of info. I saw the making of , and they were not praying to Bush or using him as an idol, but actually praying for him, as in praying that the holy spirit will guide him to fight abortion, and such. That's just important to note, because the organizer lady, said that if it was Gore they would have been doing the same thing, and had done the same ritual with a Clinton cut out years earlier.
    Most of them are deeply scared of the government, or at least very distrusting. For instance, They home school, and most believe America is "Godless", they hate separation of church and state, yet at the same time have a weird kind of patriotism, but one based on a country that does not exist (A US of Jesus, if you will)

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #5 - July 08, 2010, 04:52 PM

Holy Crap I just Watched this movie last night. Now this is some messed up stuff man. This is like the Christian version of Hezbollah Child Camps
     Reply #6 - July 08, 2010, 04:54 PM

I watched a clip and didn't want to watch the rest. I just felt for those poor kids

If you ask me to define anything i will slap you with my pimp hand and make you cry like a biatch.

Nick Naylor: "I didn't have to. I proved that you're wrong, and if you're wrong I'm right."~ Thank you for Smoking

Perspective
     Reply #7 - July 08, 2010, 05:23 PM

This clip from the same movie is much worse, IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSwZJ55g80Q&feature=related

fuck you
     Reply #8 - July 08, 2010, 06:01 PM

The problem is that those people constitute a large voting block in America and have a big influence on American politics.
     Reply #9 - July 08, 2010, 06:02 PM

http://richarddawkins.net/articles/183

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #10 - July 08, 2010, 08:19 PM

Yeah the people at Jesus camp are nutty
     Reply #11 - July 08, 2010, 08:21 PM

Yeah the people at Jesus camp are nutty

And they are a few electoral votes away from the launch codes.

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #12 - July 08, 2010, 08:26 PM

"The Devil goes after the young. Those who can't fend for themselves."

Oh, the irony.
     Reply #13 - July 11, 2010, 08:12 PM

A lot of my friends went to Jesus camp when they were younger. By best friend especially is a devout christian because of it. It wasn't this bad, but still they all still are pretty strong believers.
     Reply #14 - July 12, 2010, 10:22 AM

Fuck, that's creepy.
     Reply #15 - July 13, 2010, 08:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxX_M-fFJVg&playnext_from=TL&videos=WsizxKaB8X8

Sex booze and rock&roll
    you know
    the finer things in life
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »